Random W.I.P Screenshots

Tranceaddict

Re: Random W.I.P Screenshots

Post by Tranceaddict »

a classic example of the intricacies of the Lufthansa paint..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28518273@N ... 9/sizes/o/

care to spot the differences??

This isnt to say that LH has never been painted really well before by anyone, it's just to say it takes time & effort to get right.

Aeroflot2685

Post by Aeroflot2685 »

yes, LH seems to be easy, just white, grey and blue with yellow. but the contrast reflections and a lot more take time to do it perfect.
hmm, why lufthansa bought 20 747-800 ??? they could order just 15 more A380 and it would be more eficient and would cost not so much.

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

the A380 and the 747-800 are 2 different aircraft that are not to be and cannot be compared directly, albeit the community at large and the manufacturer's themselves do get drawn into oblique competitions with the other

However when it comes to being effecient & money matters, you cannot look at just aircraft performance & draw a conclusion. Everything for finance costs, to operating costs, to configuration, variable costs (VARCOST) etc are calculated in order to determine if the aircraft suits a carriers needs or not. They then take it further by mating equipment type to routes & markets to determine the cost per seat or CASK, revenue per seat RASK for the estimated capacity deployed ASKM.

Based on a whole lot of number crunching & further strategy, the aircraft orders are then firmed up. These are just some of the basics of "fleet planning" & fleet strategy for any airline. With Lufthansa, you can be sure they've not just decided to go for the 748 on a whim nor have they made a mistake with it. They, as far as i'm concerned have made a pretty good choice in selecting the equipment that fills the gap between the 777-300 & the A380-800. By the time they've had to tell Boeing what config they're ordering.. they'll have (if they havent already) completed all the above studies & determined what flexibility they have in terms of the config in order to ensure that the aircraft is profitable.

You cant just compare the A380 to the 747 on performance numbers and say that one is more efficient than the other. Each aircraft serves a particular market in terms of capacity that does not directly overlap the others.

In fact, the A380 (or in general any large capacity a/c) struggles to be profitable when the demand drops simply because the revenue per seat deployed falls drastically while the cost for each seat deployed to provide that capacity more or less remains the same (assuming that your costs do not rise disproportionately) and does not drop by any big margin. What that means can be understood by the effects of the recent downturn over the last 2 years.. the best example being the fate of 747-400's being phased out on a war footing by many operators. The 747-400 served a market that was for a long time unique to its capacity capability. Increasingly however Boeing's push with the 777-300's and the improvements over time to the original -300s performance figures meant that for a comparable capacity of a 744, the 77W's were much more economical. Even when the demand fell, the -300's still managed to maintain a lower operational cost than the 744 because for comparable missions, the drop in demand obviously had greater penalties on the 744 than it did on the 77W.

In short, break even load factors are what it's all about. For a given capacity, your fixed costs remain the same (thats why they're called FIXED costs).. the cost of operation thus is directly affected by the ability of the airline to sell its deployed capacity effectively. The bigger the a/c the larger the pressure for you to sell those seats to maintain your break even level (to recover the basic costs you've incurred to deploy that much capacity)

Aeroflot2685

Post by Aeroflot2685 »

ok i know that the 748 fils the grap, but i just don't understand why they don't just buy the 773 and leave the old 744.
I mean their A340-600 has similar values as the 748. But it is much safer and there are more pilots to fly it so they don't have to train new pilots in the simulator-----> I don't trust Boeing, for example a 737 crashed in India yesterday.
the tire exploded.<----bad maintenance. the only plane i realy trust is the A320 family, the IL-96 and the A380.
I had to much emergency landings when i flown to the US or somewhere else with a Boeing.In an Airbus this hapens not so often.
But ofcorse i have no fear of flying ^^.

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

Aeroflot2685 wrote:ok i know that the 748 fils the grap, but i just don't understand why they don't just buy the 773 and leave the old 744.
I mean their A340-600 has similar values as the 748. But it is much safer and there are more pilots to fly it so they don't have to train new pilots in the simulator-----> I don't trust Boeing, for example a 737 crashed in India yesterday.
the tire exploded.<----bad maintenance. the only plane i realy trust is the A320 family, the IL-96 and the A380.
I had to much emergency landings when i flown to the US or somewhere else with a Boeing.In an Airbus this hapens not so often.
But ofcorse i have no fear of flying ^^.
How old are you? (serious question & honest, not because i intend to make fun.. but because i'm trying to establish how much you understand of aviation)

1) Just because it was a Boeing that crashed means that Boeing is at fault? If i'm not mistaken, there have been a quite a few Airbus crashes recently as well havent they?
2) Tire exploded - Is that an established fact? Has the investigation been completed? Have you determined for sure that pilot error has been ruled out? Or a hard landing that resulted in a tyre explosion? Or the weather conditions could have possibly been a contributory factor? Or that the aircraft itself malfunctioned? Or the aircraft aquaplaned? What were the runway conditions like? what was the traction index reported for the wet surface? Who was flying? PIC or the FO?

Dont trust everything you read in the paper. And further advice.. dont be hasty in assuming things or jumping to conclusion.

the A340-600 is as safe as any other aircraft from Boeing (competing or not). Safety is not at question here. Just what makes you think that Airbus is safer than Boeing? or the A346 is safer than the 747?

The 747-400's that LH operate currently have some of the best utilisation in the world (in fact they're quite high, so much so that a few airframes have crossed the 1million flight cycles mark). Why they didnt buy the 773 and retire the 744..its a long story with a very valid explanation, one that i have discussed at length with my colleagues from FRA HQ during my work with them. The answer to your question is unfortunately something which is best not revealed.

3) No of pilots - FYI LH just like most major carriers have most of their senior Commanders & SFO holding cross type ratings which allow them to fly either Airbus or Boeing. The no of pilots is not an issue.

4) No training required? -- Whether or not they fly any airbus family aircraft.. ALL pilots who have never flown the A380 before WILL have to undergo familiarity training & type ratings. The learning curve is less for an Airbus "line pilot" because of "family" similarity between the Airbus a/c as far as major cockpit layout & Airbus systems functioning goes. Nevertheless, they still have to be trained. In general, it doesnt matter whether its a new Airbus or Boeing a/c type.. everybody gets trained. Period

5) Emergency Landing - Can happen anywhere, any time to anyone. Do you have any concrete statistics to say it happens less with Airbus??

Seriously. Please think before you talk.

edit: Please do not discuss this issue any further to avoid deviating from the original thread (it already has by a bit). If you are interested in learning more about aviation in general.. start another thread on the general forums

esg

Post by esg »

Tobi380 wrote:Hello, I'm new here and I read all thread about A380, but I can't find any information about the heat effect.
Will be heat effects included ?
No

Aeroflot2685

Post by Aeroflot2685 »

ok last answer...
I understand a lot about aviation and i just prefer Airbus because Boeing is Old and ... Boeing crashes often has to do with failures, and material failures.
Airbus incidents often are caused by pilot mistakes. That's what i mean !

PS: I'm 15. and don't discuss this theme ! it began with finaces betwen boeing and airbus planes and ended with safety and such stuff.

sknepper

Post by sknepper »

I really like the screenshots of the LH A380. Coming on well and I really can't wait. The extra photos of the D-AIMA are certainly cause for discussion ;).
Democracy rules when it comes to everyones opinions :roll:

DerKranich

Post by DerKranich »

Aeroflot2685 wrote:ok last answer...
I understand a lot about aviation and i just prefer Airbus because Boeing is Old and ... Boeing crashes often has to do with failures, and material failures.
Airbus incidents often are caused by pilot mistakes.
Then what was all that controversy regarding the PITOT tubes and Air France 447, or that A320 prototype that crashed in France?
What happened with that Air Transat A330 nearing Portugal?
What is your thoughts on me stepping on board that 767 back home from LAX in about six weeks?
Since you find Boeing products so old and inferior in comparison to Airbus- what about that 777-200LR I'm riding on to get there?
If your claims are correct, then why are airlines still operating or better yet, ordering Boeing aircraft?!
What is this 787 Dreamliner from that Seattle based company everyone is talking about?

Saying something like that really makes me think otherwise that you are really naive on the topic at hand and apparently have a good amount of bias.

Sure there is pilot error involved in every crash, but there is often more things involved with it. It is a thing called the Swiss cheese model (more holes = more risks). Airbus is not exempt from it as much as the next aircraft company. Before you try and go more in depth on this, I'll have you know you'd be arguing with a person attending the aviation department at one of the top three most recognized flight schools in the United States if not internationally, so you would have your work cut out for you to try and convince me otherwise.

Now if you'd excuse me I shall now pack up to go to my cabin in the woods. Who knows, my absence alone might actually enable everyone to have their hands on that large prodigy of an aircraft you call an A380.

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

everyone's made their point.

BACK ON TOPIC. It's not a request, it's a directive.

chriswallace83

Post by chriswallace83 »

the LH paint is gorgeous Trance. I have no criticism to offer. Just to say keep up the good work...it will pay off in BIG ways ;).

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

^^ Thanks. I've only got till Friday to do any more work on it.. after that it's up to DT what he wants to do & when

A321

Post by A321 »

chriswallace83 wrote:the LH paint is gorgeous Trance. I have no criticism to offer. Just to say keep up the good work...it will pay off in BIG ways ;).
Yes: +1 :!: :!: :)

alfaroyal

Post by alfaroyal »

Hello...

I'm quite impressed of how far you've come in the past months... this is an awesome project, which is the best model, for me, made at this point, even if is a freeware group. I'm involved in this world of aviation for real and as far as i been using your A32X family models, i'm truly satisfied, and I hope... no... I'm shure the A380 will be as nice as the A32X.

To the PAirbus group... i'd like to mention that i know some basics of paintings... so If you want me to help you just tell me... Maybe if you don't have much time just tell me what to do... Espetially those in charge of the paintings... I have the tools and the ways to help... Mostly i have a long part of my week free and obviosly the weekend....

Anything that I can do for you... in order to help you guys... just tell me...

Sam Millar

Post by Sam Millar »

alfaroyal wrote:Hello...

I'm quite impressed of how far you've come in the past months... this is an awesome project, which is the best model, for me, made at this point, even if is a freeware group. I'm involved in this world of aviation for real and as far as i been using your A32X family models, i'm truly satisfied, and I hope... no... I'm shure the A380 will be as nice as the A32X.

To the PAirbus group... i'd like to mention that i know some basics of paintings... so If you want me to help you just tell me... Maybe if you don't have much time just tell me what to do... Espetially those in charge of the paintings... I have the tools and the ways to help... Mostly i have a long part of my week free and obviosly the weekend....

pAirbus have a team of guys who paint anyway! I can't see this model being topped by any developer, pAirbus Team are always truly at the top of their game and I have yet too see anyone even get close to matching their models.

NoseGear

Post by NoseGear »

alfaroyal wrote:Hello...

I'm sure they'll appreciate that when the painkit is eventually released that you can increase the amount of re-paints out there available for the aircraft (fictional or not.)

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

Thanks for the offers. But we have all our needs covered as far as textures are concerned.

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

a few updates before my computer went into a Coma for the 1billionth time..

things i did.. sorta..

1) reworked the wing textures
2) engine cowling - adjusted the shading
3) Engine pylons - updated my textures
4) Other mumbo jumbo..

before i could improve them any further.. my computer decided it had enuf

still loads of stuff left to fix!

Sam Millar

Post by Sam Millar »

Nice work man :)

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

Good job Sheldon

Aeroflot2685

Post by Aeroflot2685 »

very nice job, keep it and when is it about finished???
But why don't you buy a new computer or laptop ??

esg

Post by esg »

Aeroflot2685 wrote:But why don't you buy a new computer or laptop ??
Is this a serious question?

chriswallace83

Post by chriswallace83 »

Absolutely brilliant Trance...It's really coming together nicely. Hope your computer isn't too stressed...treat it at the spa. :P

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

No more time for that. DT might handle it from here. But talking about the spa.. I'll be headed for a week at a 5star hotel by the beach down in goa next week :))

come the 29th & I won't be around till the 2nd week of June.

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

2nd week? Ah that not a long time. 2 weeks are about 0.03846 % of a whole year. We've waited a lot, we can wait. ;)

alfaroyal

Post by alfaroyal »

Tranceaddict wrote:Thanks for the offers. But we have all our needs covered as far as textures are concerned.
Ok. Anyway.... i like so much this A/C. Hope 2 see it soon in the FS web. Take your time and good luck

DerKranich

Post by DerKranich »

looks good

...it's only missing some kraut and mustard :lol:

To me that is one nicely plumped up Frankfurter.

alex330

Post by alex330 »

This looks fanatstic.
Keep up the good work, guys!

A321

Post by A321 »

No Message on the Website ? :D

sknepper

Post by sknepper »

Nicely detailed work there on the D-AIMA. Got a fresh coat of paint over the factory green/brown colours. Looks very nice indeed and is certainly Lufthansa ready ;) I like it allot :D.

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

DT has been working on reworks of the parts, details etc. I havent done any more painting & wont be doing any for a week or so atleast..

That should allow him to get all the nitty gritties in place. We work a lot in tandem so its now in his domain to improve all the crap i do. :)

Then when i get back & if i have some good time to devote to it.. i'll improve it further still & it will be previewed again the next time @ 98% completion.. Right now i estimate the paint @ 85%

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

Looks like it will be an after-exams gift for me. :D

chriswallace83

Post by chriswallace83 »

sounds good Trance.
Have a safe trip.

a380mhabrej

Post by a380mhabrej »

PAIRBUSBEST wrote:Looks like it will be an after-exams gift for me. :D
Yea me 2 :)

esg

Post by esg »

I can't run FS worth poop, but here's a shot of AF. Things to do: complete engines, belly and a few changes to the wing textures

The real deal: http://www.airliners.net/photo/1708341/L/

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

Looking very nice :)

Btw, does the rudder move in asymmetry like the ailerons? (in real life and in the sim)

esg

Post by esg »

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

Indeed you are right, thanks

esg

Post by esg »

Here's a few better shots (thanks Dickson)

Aeroflot2685

Post by Aeroflot2685 »

NIce Livery, I am also flying tha PA A318 from air france, so the babybus meets the superbus ^^

A321

Post by A321 »

Very Nice ! :!:

sknepper

Post by sknepper »

Coming along very nicely. Lots of detail already and if the details on the fuselage are anything to go by, then the wings and engines will also be fine. Keep up the good work :D :D

DerKranich

Post by DerKranich »

I was wondering about the AF for a bit. I guess I got a little more than I bargained for when I was just wondering about a simple picture.

It's looks great, Demetris, or shall I say c'est magnifique. :mrgreen:

esg

Post by esg »

Thanks guys

DerKranich

Post by DerKranich »

Now did that survey get the better half of poor Mr. Travendale and he just went cold turkey with the Qantas?

Also is the house livery being painted? Not that I really have a burning desire for it or anything, but I'm just saying...

esg

Post by esg »

JT waiting for all the textures to be completed

Probably not. But there'll be a paint kit

Tom Collins

Post by Tom Collins »

I may have a go at the house colours...

A321

Post by A321 »

Tom Collins wrote:I may have a go at the house colours...
Yeah - Thanks Tom ! :)

Aeroflot2685

Post by Aeroflot2685 »

will there be a British Airways paint??

esg

Post by esg »

BA begins receiving its A380's in 2013, so no