Random W.I.P Screenshots

Aeroflot2685

Re: Random W.I.P Screenshots

Post by Aeroflot2685 »

hmm, that's bad. but anyway, the Emirates Airbus is the best !

esg

Post by esg »

In what respect?

marf

Post by marf »

He's probably refering to the paint scheme.

elwoodjetblues569

Post by elwoodjetblues569 »

Great previews so far PA! Keep up the good work. :D

Tom Collins

Post by Tom Collins »

House colours as promised:

dotsalgon

Post by dotsalgon »

WOW!! :o
It looks so real!!

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

Now I'm confusing it with this: http://www.pairbus.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=128
A big WELL DONE !!!!!!

Nice one Tom

esg

Post by esg »

PAIRBUSBEST wrote:Now I'm confusing it with this: http://www.pairbus.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=128
:roll:

Sam Millar

Post by Sam Millar »

PAIRBUSBEST wrote:Now I'm confusing it with this: http://www.pairbus.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=128
A big WELL DONE !!!!!!

Nice one Tom
:D

Nice one Tom.

Sam Millar

Post by Sam Millar »

From what I heard on Twitter, this is just unnecessary delays now. Why hold it until you finish some repaints? :S

lbonomo

Post by lbonomo »

Oh stop complaining, I'd rather have them all released at once. And plus, for work like this, I can wait 'til Christmas! :D
Keep up the good work!

Sam Millar

Post by Sam Millar »

lbonomo wrote:Oh stop complaining, I'd rather have them all released at once. And plus, for work like this, I can wait 'til Christmas! :D
Keep up the good work!
No but seriously now, even the most patient of people must be getting pretty jacked now. Two years in development, and they're not releasing the package ((that has repaints)) until there's like 1- however many others awaiting completion. A little pointless.

DerKranich

Post by DerKranich »

1) I take it my idea of having the house colors painted was well received. Looks great as always, Tom.

2) While yes my patience has been tested, I would rather wait for everything to be completed as opposed to a few liveries now and then almost constantly inquire about something such as the paintkit.

Though DT still mentioned something about it before July. If that holds any weight, then it shouldn't be too much longer.

Matt Tank

Post by Matt Tank »

Sam Millar wrote:From what I heard on Twitter, this is just unnecessary delays now. Why hold it until you finish some repaints? :S
I'm gonna guess they don't release it one repaint at a time because once you get bored with one, your gonna start bitching again saying "whats the hold up, wheres the rest of them"

Regards

Matt

Derek Mayer

Post by Derek Mayer »

Sam Millar wrote:No but seriously now, even the most patient of people must be getting pretty jacked now. Two years in development, and they're not releasing the package ((that has repaints)) until there's like 1- however many others awaiting completion. A little pointless.
For the record, I'm still updating the model, DT is still finalizing his part of the base textures, and the FDE might still require a few tweaks (I'm still testing it out).

We appreciate your enthusiasm however. We just want to be sure that we've covered every detail and don't miss anything prior to the big release. :geek:

Tom Collins

Post by Tom Collins »

Sam Millar wrote:
lbonomo wrote:Oh stop complaining, I'd rather have them all released at once. And plus, for work like this, I can wait 'til Christmas! :D
Keep up the good work!
No but seriously now, even the most patient of people must be getting pretty jacked now. Two years in development, and they're not releasing the package ((that has repaints)) until there's like 1- however many others awaiting completion. A little pointless.
You've misunderstood, Sam - as Derek said, the package isn't ready as a whole; even the textures aren't quite as we're in the testing process and things keep cropping up on the base that we then need to cross-check and apply back to repaints that might even otherwise be done. Better to have a consistent release than have earlier repaints coming out with FDE errors and inaccurate bits on the base textures / light maps. I've personally learnt that lesson from earlier releases.

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

Sam Millar wrote:
Keep up the good work!
Sam, you've been known to keep a level head at times & yet at other times you've had a few goof ups.

If you know better (and we have no intention of believing otherwise), you would do well to trust only what you get from the horse's mouth. What other people say or how things "appear" are not indicators of where this project stands.

Unless anyone one of us here DIRECTLY say so, nothing is to be believed from elsewhere. What you see on the screenshots are less than 100% of the actual textures no matter which way you look at it.

As Tom has very clearly explained in his post above about the textures.. there remains work to be done.

We could have very easily followed the path set by other groups where theres just one shot of the model posted every 2 odd weeks or so and no details of the current work activity revealed. At the risk of sounding proud, i'd like to state myself that i've yet to come across a group that shares the kind of information on the development of the model/project as we do here. We not only give you updates of what's going on.. we do it on a LIVE basis.

The twitter updates are primarily handled by me, as have been the facebook updates & i can tell you myself that i've literally done them countless number of times after just having tested something new or rechecked something or just having improved something.

Yet repeatedly this issue seems to come up. The drawback of this stand that we at PA have taken with being more immersive & opening up a lot of details to you guys is exactly this - UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS/TIMELINES or Assumptions of the readiness for release.

I will repeat in no uncertain terms - Unless it is a direct statement from Derek, Demetris, Myself, Alexis or Tom, all other sources or deductions for the information on the status of the project are baseless.

lordsniper

Post by lordsniper »

please tranceaddict, stop explaining how the live basis and how tweeter works, seriously some people will never try to understand what you want to say, liveries is a very beautiful part for developper they're not just gonna get this part... and yes 2 years developpement for a gigantic and extremely complex airplaine, during their studies and their principal exams years for what, for never-satisfied-pessimist people like you sam, thank God jerks like you are in a minor proportion here.

Sam Millar

Post by Sam Millar »

Thanks for the few informative posts guys.

When I asked on Twitter what was remaining now, all he said was that he was "still working on the textures". Now if that was the case, and Tom has completed his house, EK and SQ paints i think that they are.. then why hold it anymore?

And just for the record I really do appreciate all the work you guys are putting in, but the attitude from certain staff members on here to simple formal questions (albeit nobody in the last few posts) is disgusting.

Sam Millar

Post by Sam Millar »

lordsniper wrote:please tranceaddict, stop explaining how the live basis and how tweeter works, seriously some people will never try to understand what you want to say, liveries is a very beautiful part for developper they're not just gonna get this part... and yes 2 years developpement for a gigantic and extremely complex airplaine, during their studies and their principal exams years for what, for never-satisfied-pessimist people like you sam, thank God jerks like you are in a minor proportion here.
To be honest, I don't think you're in any position to sit and call me names.

esg

Post by esg »

Do I fucking need to outline everything we've done this past week for you, Sam? It includes optimising the model (e.g. getting rid of the default fan anim to save on code and increase polys), improving the FDE (e.g. implemented idle taxi) and a fuckload of changes to the textures (e.g. the h stab I've done from scratch)

You could at least be slightly apologetic—would go a long way
When I asked on Twitter what was remaining now, all he said was that he was "still working on the textures". Now if that was the case, and Tom has completed his house, EK and SQ paints i think that they are.. then why hold it anymore?
Textures != liveries... You think that they are? Well, you're wrong, dude

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

Sam Millar wrote:Thanks for the few informative posts guys.

And just for the record I really do appreciate all the work you guys are putting in, but the attitude from certain staff members on here to simple formal questions (albeit nobody in the last few posts) is disgusting.
Sam.. dont you think that its possible you misinterpreted his reply as having meant it was a group statement of being ready for release?

Tom is limited to working on the textures right now.. while he will concentrate & develop the VC later with Alex.. but he was only speaking of his part on the model.

Tom does not speak for Derek or vice versa.. in fact nobody speaks for anybody else's work here. Derek follows his own course to develop the model.. as does Alex while DT & I follow ours with the textures/base/testing & general website overlook/group policy/general management/Public Relations.

So Tom meant no dubious intention by saying it was only the textures left for him to do on it. Like i said, the more we push it.. the more we find a few bugs here and there or a few improvements here & there that we feel can be done before the final freeze.

Sam Millar

Post by Sam Millar »

esg wrote:Do I fucking need to outline everything we've done this past week for you, Sam? It includes optimising the model (e.g. getting rid of the default fan anim to save on code and increase polys), improving the FDE (e.g. implemented idle taxi) and a fuckload of changes to the textures (e.g. the h stab I've done from scratch)

You could at least be slightly apologetic—would go a long way
There we go, that's exactly what I'm talking about. You're nothing but a cheeky rat to be quite honest. Someone asked if their computer specs were decent and you gave him a mouthful and told him they were shit? Your attitude stinks.

Trance, I wasn't talking about Tom..my bad. ESG said on Twitter that it was just textures left to do. If he had said a few other bits and bobs then I'd understand.I and many others have been under the impression for a while it's just the liveries waiting to be wrapped up.. and of course you're going to find niggly bits with the model and FDE etc but you can't get that al right in the end up anyway.

Matt Tank

Post by Matt Tank »

Sam Millar wrote: ESG said on Twitter that it was just textures left to do.

Textures doesnt always mean liveries you know, heres a crash course.

Textures=Base textures (blank)
Liveries=Airlines painted on the "Textures"

Regards

Matt

lordsniper

Post by lordsniper »

Sam Millar wrote:
lordsniper wrote:please tranceaddict, stop explaining how the live basis and how tweeter works, seriously some people will never try to understand what you want to say, liveries is a very beautiful part for developper they're not just gonna get this part... and yes 2 years developpement for a gigantic and extremely complex airplaine, during their studies and their principal exams years for what, for never-satisfied-pessimist people like you sam, thank God jerks like you are in a minor proportion here.
To be honest, I don't think you're in any position to sit and call me names.
I'm in the position of reading what are you saying to the dev.. I can say what i think

Stop disturbing the developper I know it's gonna end badly.. you've waited a long time don't be like that at the end of the project, they do this freely,
they just want their project to be as perfect as they and face it ain't gonna be today, the more time you'll wait better it'll be ;) realize that one time maybe in one month (or whenever pairbus which :) ) you'll have a masterpiece with you and I know that you think the same as me about this airplane

The tweeter post shows at the time that they are posted, what the present situation is you cannot prevent according to a previous tweet post if they decided to add some animations, tweak the fde, add new repaint don't forget that they don't have a ponctual shedule like wilco, captain sim or PMDG

my apology for the previous post i'm a little impulsive :) I think you should too regarding the Developpers ;)

dotsalgon

Post by dotsalgon »

Why is everyone crying over spilled milk? 2 pages of comments for the personalities of the PA... I don't give a shit about the personality of each PA member (sorry guys it's the truth.. and I do not know you) I am only interested in the A380 project and of course the PA members have my RESPECT for that.

Guys it is a freeware! For fuck shakes be patient.. You are not buying it!!
If you are not patient.. go make it yourself and don't beg! Enough is enough!! I am sick and tired of reading irrelevant comments than seeing some Screens of the A380!

chriswallace83

Post by chriswallace83 »

Come on people, let's just mellow out here. No need to start [another] war. The developers are doing what they can when they can, and they're doing a damn good job.
I do agree though, that ESG's post above and in previous sections have been slightly overdriven. Settle down buddy, You might pop a blood vessel....it's all good. We all appreciate the work in our own way. Some people aren't as patient as others, some people simply need to understand how much it takes to actually develop an aircraft for FS.

All in all, We are just thankful that a group of dedicated freeware group individuals have finally taken on building the flagship of the 21st Century. It ain't easy, but it just shows their dedication to the FS community. Thank you PA.

Aeroflot2685

Post by Aeroflot2685 »

btw nice house colours !!
just can't wait to fly this bird......i don't know how often i said that.

esg

Post by esg »

Sam Millar wrote:There we go, that's exactly what I'm talking about. You're nothing but a cheeky rat to be quite honest. Someone asked if their computer specs were decent and you gave him a mouthful and told him they were shit? Your attitude stinks.
chriswallace83 wrote:I do agree though, that ESG's post above and in previous sections have been slightly overdriven. Settle down buddy, You might pop a blood vessel....it's all good.
I think the fact that you've both not been banned is testament to my unsurpassed coolness. I was gonna suspend you, but fuck that. I'm all for free speech, brother. Yeah

*raises the hippie banner*

Tom Collins

Post by Tom Collins »

DT's great - you'll learn to love him...

<removed>

esg

Post by esg »

LOL

dotsalgon

Post by dotsalgon »

WTF? :shock:

chriswallace83

Post by chriswallace83 »

esg wrote:
Sam Millar wrote:There we go, that's exactly what I'm talking about. You're nothing but a cheeky rat to be quite honest. Someone asked if their computer specs were decent and you gave him a mouthful and told him they were shit? Your attitude stinks.
chriswallace83 wrote:I do agree though, that ESG's post above and in previous sections have been slightly overdriven. Settle down buddy, You might pop a blood vessel....it's all good.
I think the fact that you've both not been banned is testament to my unsurpassed coolness. I was gonna suspend you, but fuck that. I'm all for free speech, brother. Yeah

*raises the hippie banner*
Oh for Christ Sake. I wasn't jabbing at you at all, I merely said that your comment was a little harsh. I respect you enough esg to a degree that I want to be here without any problems. But in my opinion I have said absolutely nothing to warrant banning.

Oh and just for the record, I have Tourette Syndrome, and the video portrayal that you guys posted is totally and utterly inappropriate . TS is nothing like that, and I am sick and tired of people laughing it up over false portrayal of the disease. When you've been through what I've been through, you're lucky I don't file an "abuse" claim with the administrator. TAKE IT DOWN PLEASE.

Now, lets all cool off, and come back to this topic with a level head. I hate fighting with people I have to learn to respect.

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

I think that those who laughed maybe no nothing that it's a syndrome or something......

chriswallace83

Post by chriswallace83 »

PAIRBUSBEST wrote:I think that those who laughed maybe no nothing that it's a syndrome or something......
Doesn't matter. Here's me educating them---It's a REAL disease.. not fun to have so why laugh? I don't laugh if you tell me you have cancer. Now, I can laugh about TS, but there's a difference between laughing about it, and laughing at it. When people post stupid videos of people trying to Act like they have it and fail miserable at it, it becomes an inappropriate laughter.

I don't want any problems while I'm here at PA. I respect everyone here. Sure, I have said things that raise hell--most of us have. But respect earns respect. And posting videos about an illness that receives a lot of false impersonations, and laughing about it doesn't make me want to respect them. Let's be friendly, please.

Sam Millar

Post by Sam Millar »

PAIRBUSBEST wrote:I think that those who laughed maybe no nothing that it's a syndrome or something......
I'm sure Tom and esg are wise enough to know Tourettes is a syndrome, when it's real name is Tourettes Syndrome.

But yes I think a few things here today have made people realise including myself that one word doesn't necessarily mean one thing.

esg

Post by esg »

chriswallace83 wrote:
Doesn't matter. Here's me educating them---It's a REAL disease.. not fun to have so why laugh? I don't laugh if you tell me you have cancer. Now, I can laugh about TS, but there's a difference between laughing about it, and laughing at it. When people post stupid videos of people trying to Act like they have it and fail miserable at it, it becomes an inappropriate laughter.

I don't want any problems while I'm here at PA. I respect everyone here. Sure, I have said things that raise hell--most of us have. But respect earns respect. And posting videos about an illness that receives a lot of false impersonations, and laughing about it doesn't make me want to respect them. Let's be friendly, please.
Fair enough, removed it

chriswallace83

Post by chriswallace83 »

Thank you

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

normally im not so civil.. in fact anyone here who know me well enough will tell you i swear much more than DT has done.

Nevertheless as things stand.. one topic was already locked over similar stupidity. Frankly if we would like another way of doing things, we could well take the forums offline & just leave a void here & then release it without half the fkin hissy shit thats goin on right now over some fkin twitter update.

I'm reaching the limits of my civil patience to be honest & I'm sure my fellow PA mates are just as pissed about it as me. I think we've all had enough of this shit.. if not, the next person to go on a mighty horse ride will feel a little pain because i have no intention of letting this get out of hand than it already is.

Now either people accept it or not - Short & sweet - We've still fkin got work to do on it. When it's done, it'll be out.

Next idiot to continue any more arguing on this issue gets it from me.

chriswallace83

Post by chriswallace83 »

Thank you Trance, I agree.

I was upset over the TS thing more than anything. I'm not a bad person, but I become the devil incarnate when people go fucking around with things that are close to me. (ie:TS.)

Now that that's taken care of, can we PLEASE get back to normalcy. Listen to Trance. He's right. We could have it both ways. it's up to us.

Sam Millar

Post by Sam Millar »

Shit Trance, I don't have a problem with swearing at all, but being sworn at for a misunderstanding annoyed me. :D

Glad it's sorted out guys, keep it up.

StijnDP

Post by StijnDP »

C'mon guys, let's cool it. We're getting what will be the best 380 for free and you're complaining that you have to wait a bit longer? Together with a friend, I'm about to launch a new virtual airline on 15 June and we'd love to have the PA A380 from the start, but if it isn't ready, it isn't ready, and only the developers will know when it will be ready. So unless you're a co-developer, don't ask when it'll be ready, because all the time spent on replying to you is time not spent on finalising it. Let them finish the big Bus in peace.

lbonomo

Post by lbonomo »

I love how this completely innocent project started an entire internet battle. I wonder if these people would say these things in person? o_O Anyway, awesome job PA, and I love the house colors as well. Can't wait! =) Regards.

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

All we're saying is we know its taken time & a little beyond than what we ourselves expected, but it's just a little further.

The last mile is indeed the longest. We'd hate to fall short of basic expectations post release, because 2 very important reasons:

1) We have no dedicated support. I dont know if people have realised this or not, post the A319/A318 release, there have been no major member additions to our group! As of now our intention has always been to get the project up to the standards set or exceeded by the previous release, incorporating as much as what we've learnt previously. It's common sense that if we released a half ass project, it's suicidal to then tell you guys we cant support fixes etc.. Our intention is to perfect all the hardcoded aspects & quality issues before we release so that some of the minor issues can easily be reported here & sorted out with member interactions.

2)Post A380: I might as well share this with you guys - there are NO plans post the A380 on which we have a PA development schedule attached to. Derek will shift his sights to his priorities & his already limited time for this hobby is treasured for us to be able to solve issues & fix problems. Post the A380, he will be more of a consultant & a guide to Alex. Alex is a brilliant talent. For a guy who's passion is interior detailing, Cabins n features etc.. he's been brilliant with being able to model an exterior model as well as he has done with the "Open Community" concept of the 717. He has a way to go to getting up to Derek's caliber but he will get there no doubt.

Yet the future of PA beyond the A380 is at best - at crossroads. I've said it before, i'm saying it again.. our future depends on our ability to add new talent and contributions. We've never been a tightass group nor have we chased records (though we might set a few for the longest work in progress ;) ) nevertheless.. every team needs fresh blood just as each generation replaces the previous older one. So just releasing the A380 & then shutting shop (though i'd love for Alex to say he'll start an A321 ;) )will only fuel more stupid controversies that we'd like to just avoid.

I might sound a lil like a broken record, but it's just 2 important factors that need to be kept in mind about when understanding what's holding the A380.

So yeah, that's about it folks. It'll be out & prolly when it is.. it might just be over for us too. DT has paid for our hosting only up to the end of June, after that i will support the site as much as i can on my own before we take a call on the final status of PA beyond the A380.

AirNewZealand_A320

Post by AirNewZealand_A320 »

Allwaays Look On the bright side of life....

esg

Post by esg »

chriswallace83 wrote:Thank you Trance, I agree.

I was upset over the TS thing more than anything. I'm not a bad person, but I become the devil incarnate when people go fucking around with things that are close to me. (ie:TS.)

Now that that's taken care of, can we PLEASE get back to normalcy. Listen to Trance. He's right. We could have it both ways. it's up to us.
Just for the record... threatening you'll "file an abuse claim" is stupid and isn't gonna earn you any sympathy or understanding—nor would it get you anywhere if you did

deccas1391

Post by deccas1391 »

What I'm confused about is how a Work In Progress forum turned into a public debate about who said what :D

chriswallace83

Post by chriswallace83 »

esg wrote:

Just for the record... threatening you'll "file an abuse claim" is stupid and isn't gonna earn you any sympathy or understanding—nor would it get you anywhere if you did
ummm didn't we settle this matter already? I said I could have filed an "abuse" claim because I was genuinely hurt by the video. I have a right to be hurt after watching something making fun of a disease I have. As far as I'm concerned posting it was not in PA's best interest. Now stop trying to bruise me. you bruised me already. And I've forgiven you. Keep it up and I won't be so nice. And if you think I've said anything outlandish in this post, ask the rest of the community if defending the fact that people should respect others illnesses is wrong.

I'm not going to discuss this further D. Frankly I'm appalled that you (a PA member) would talk to your fans like that especially after they've been kicked in the gut by the admin. because of a stupid video, then kicked repeatedly because they are defending themselves. Poor poor judgment.
deccas1391 wrote:What I'm confused about is how a Work In Progress forum turned into a public debate about who said what :D
It's sad but true

esg

Post by esg »

chriswallace83 wrote:
esg wrote:

ummm didn't we settle this matter already? I said I could have filed an "abuse" claim because I was genuinely hurt by the video. I have a right to be hurt after watching something making fun of a disease I have. As far as I'm concerned posting it was not in PA's best interest. Now stop trying to bruise me. you bruised me already. And I've forgiven you. Keep it up and I won't be so nice. And if you think I've said anything outlandish in this post, ask the rest of the community if defending the fact that people should respect others illnesses is wrong.

I'm not going to discuss this further D. Frankly I'm appalled that you (a PA member) would talk to your fans like that especially after they've been kicked in the gut by the admin. because of a stupid video, then kicked repeatedly because they are defending themselves. Poor poor judgment.
Congrats on missing the point entirely. Anyway, moving on.

dotsalgon

Post by dotsalgon »

I had IBSyndrome... and my friends were laughing and teasing me about going to the toilet every 10 minutes.. :lol:
Can I press charges now??? :lol: