Random W.I.P Screenshots

lbonomo

Re: Random W.I.P Screenshots

Post by lbonomo »

Before July?! That's a week away!! This is so exciting!! I've got so many flight plans for once it comes out! :)

seaheroz

Post by seaheroz »

DerKranich wrote:As long as it's out before the end of August I'm happy, but having it out before going to LAX next week would be nice.
That is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CANT WAIT

Inbreker

Post by Inbreker »

Looks brilliant. But has one of your testers already imported her into FSX? I just wondered because you might find problems there. (I know that your version is primarily for FS9, not for FSX)

Tom Collins

Post by Tom Collins »

Yup, we've been doing some FSX testing. Personally speaking though I bought FSX about 6 months ago and it's still sitting uninstalled in the box...

David Anderson

Post by David Anderson »

esg wrote:That's still the plan
July 24th would be nice, a birthday present for me :D

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

That is not before July :/

Air Berlin

Post by Air Berlin »

Jey, i'm flying away on the 4th of July to L'viv (UKLL)
so it would be nice to fly her some times before i m gone ^^
but...when it would be released later, i wouldn't be angry...its such a nice and big project !!!

Ben F.

Post by Ben F. »

Tom Collins wrote:Yup, we've been doing some FSX testing. Personally speaking though I bought FSX about 6 months ago and it's still sitting uninstalled in the box...
HAHA! I bought mine when it first came out, lasted 2 days before uninstall and has been collecting dust since. :mrgreen:

flightsimer

Post by flightsimer »

you guys need to install it a certain way and if you do, its brilliant! im hearing of people getting 30-40fps on modest computers when its installed properly with full settings for everything. 30-40fps in fsx looks like 60+ ffrom the higher fps. I read somewhere that the way FSX is built, even with lower FPS it runs like it has higher FPS and you cant tell the difference, which is true.

I havent done it yet because im going to rebuild my computer (its getting old), so im waiting for that before i do.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_p ... ?TID=29041

http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?show ... hl=longest

which one is better, i cant tell you that or even if there is much difference

dotsalgon

Post by dotsalgon »

Dam it flightsimer.. I thought you were talking about the PA A380 and I almost fall of my chair!! :-P

flightsimer

Post by flightsimer »

lol

Derek Mayer

Post by Derek Mayer »

flightsimer wrote:you guys need to install it a certain way and if you do, its brilliant! im hearing of people getting 30-40fps on modest computers when its installed properly with full settings for everything.
I don't have a modest computer. :P I'm below average at the very best, getting about 8-10 FPS. That's just not enough for me.

That said I have loaded it into FSX. Runs pretty good considering my setup, though there are definitely a few issues. I've already fixed one of them concerning the bogie animation (now don't say I never did anything for you..). There are a few other issues which won't be addressed.

As always, we make no commitment to supporting FSX. There will likely be a post-release sticky in the support forum listing known FSX bugs. That's about all I can promise.

airplan3z

Post by airplan3z »

Hey everybody, I have a round the world tour with this thing.
Air France = KFJK - LFPG
(Short hop from LFPG - EGLL)
Singapore Airlines = EGLL - WSSS
Qantas = WSSS - YMML
Qantas = YMML - KLAS
House Colours = KLAS - KJFK
Round the world tour complete :) This could take me a very long time to finish, but it's summer break and that's time that I've got. This is why I cannot wait for this beauty to come out :D

David Anderson

Post by David Anderson »

Ohhhh, 10000 feet and descending, I like the sound of that.

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

Derek Mayer wrote: As always, we make no commitment to supporting FSX. There will likely be a post-release sticky in the support forum listing known FSX bugs. That's about all I can promise.
Be assured, I will be #1 to say about the bugs, if any....

Jacko30

Post by Jacko30 »

No offence intended but

I can’t believe you don’t design your aircraft for FSX. Yes, we know that flight simulation is a very hard task for computers to manage and it may run slow on some... but it has been out for 4 years now. You call yourselves a 'A leading freeware flightsim design group’ to quote your forum subtitle and that means driving forward new technology and more advanced software.

Just my 2 cents

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

Not even worth 2 cents. I'm sorry but, if they based their A380 on the A320/319/318, then what's the problem?

Do you have them? Do you see the fps? Do you see their performance?

I have fsx, and I don't have a problem. So shouldn't be you.

Air Berlin

Post by Air Berlin »

yes, if you don't have the PA A318/19/20 you can't know how the FPs are ...
their are quite perfect !

Jacko30

Post by Jacko30 »

Yes I know that they are very fps friendly.. my question is why are you still developing for fs2004 primarily..

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

Because an FSX model is not compatible with FS2004. That's why.

Tom Collins

Post by Tom Collins »

Question answered - back on topic please.

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

Jacko30 wrote:No offence intended but

I can’t believe you don’t design your aircraft for FSX. Yes, we know that flight simulation is a very hard task for computers to manage and it may run slow on some... but it has been out for 4 years now. You call yourselves a 'A leading freeware flightsim design group’ to quote your forum subtitle and that means driving forward new technology and more advanced software.

Just my 2 cents
No offence intended but

when you get your skills and talents to where we are right now.. i'm sure you'd have a new understanding of what "A leading freeware flightsim design group" means altogether. And somewhere along that maturity curve, you'd sure realise it doesnt have an * at the end of that statement saying "* indicates performance measured on FSX base systems" in order for us to qualify to that statement.

Air Berlin

Post by Air Berlin »

ok this thing with the feets, means the release right ??
and final aproach is a day before or ??
well i like it !

CngDelta757

Post by CngDelta757 »

That 10,000 ft, 8,000 feet is cool and suspenseful. Just can't wait for this beautiful bird! :!:

zherin

Post by zherin »

If it's every 2,000 feet every 2 weeks I'm gonna die (!) and that bitch better have a lotta fuel for such a low profile descent! 8-) It's been a long time coming guys and when she hits the asphalt we'll all water gun salute! Keep it up boys.

Zach

DerKranich

Post by DerKranich »

zherin wrote:If it's every 2,000 feet every 2 weeks I'm gonna die (!) and that bitch better have a lotta fuel for such a low profile descent! 8-) It's been a long time coming guys and when she hits the asphalt we'll all water gun salute! Keep it up boys.

Zach
They only mentioned the 10,000 feet yesterday.

just saying

Simaerobatic

Post by Simaerobatic »

and 8000ft today :)

Best Regards
Thomas

DomSQ

Post by DomSQ »

I'd say your looking at another 4 days or something before they release it, ain't I right boys?...

Just before the 1st day of July hits if the tweets are anything to go by.

flightsimer

Post by flightsimer »

maybe the pilot wasnt paying attention so they came in extremely high on glideslope and are at 8000ft on 2 mile final. Therefore, the plane will be encountering a severe downdraft that will push it down to 500ft in one mile to get it back on glideslope :)

but either way, im ready for it and can wait a few more days if need be.

deccas1391

Post by deccas1391 »

lol maybe ground level is 7500ft

flightsimer

Post by flightsimer »

deccas1391 wrote:lol maybe ground level is 7500ft
that could be very true... didnt even think about that...

Lrusso

Post by Lrusso »

Well if that were the case the plane has dug a very impressive 500 ft hole in the ground at this point!

DerKranich

Post by DerKranich »

deccas1391 wrote:lol maybe ground level is 7,500ft
I don't think they're flying into Mexico City. :?

I think I heard something regarding Heathrow?
Last edited by DerKranich on 26 Jun 2010, 07:24, edited 1 time in total.

deccas1391

Post by deccas1391 »

lol i was joking

zherin

Post by zherin »

you guys, i was exaggerating my excitement, haha, but i like where this thread has went :lol:

esg

Post by esg »

We could be approaching La Paz... which means we've been ploughing through the earth for about 7,000 feet

seaheroz

Post by seaheroz »

The condition is windy or clear skies ?

rapax

Post by rapax »

I am just waiting for the landing clearance ;) BTW it is always cleared to land on my HD.

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Here are some VC shots. They are work in progress, and most textures you see will be improved a lot before the VC version release. It will be completed and released after the base package, which was previewed previously.
The cockpit features many animated parts, backlighting, independent working wipers. The basic buttons are functional on both the overhead panel and pedestal. The good thing is that, if someone wants to make an A380 FMC, the pedestal buttons can easily be assigned functions via the panel.cfg.

1) Airbus demonstrator (from Gilles Vidal's panorama) -1HUD, different type of sunshades for each pilot: Image

2a) Emirates cockpit - No HUD, night lighting. The wipers are independent, and work at three speeds. VC Rain effects are in: Image

2b) Emirates cockpit - No HUD, daytime: Image

3) Airbus demonstrator (F-WWEA) - 1 HUD, same shades: Image

4) Air France cockpit - Dual HUD configuration: Image

Air Berlin

Post by Air Berlin »

wow O.O the VC looks great...but there is still some work at ^^ how i see.
keep this and good luck !

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

A lot f work to be done, actually.

seaheroz

Post by seaheroz »

IS there any picture of the Cockpit and the VC is Great

CngDelta757

Post by CngDelta757 »

The VC is AMAZING!!! But what I wanted to say is that tom may have to do this paint: The 6000th Airbus. It's an Emirates A380 and it has special titles! I could'nt find any photos but here is a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2sQ2h0B ... Ckke9sQFwI

A321

Post by A321 »

Awesome work ! :)

Simaerobatic

Post by Simaerobatic »

thats by far the best VC I've ever saw on Freeware Airliner :D

well done PA Team

BR
Thomas

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Still working on the lighting. And still a week's worth of exams.

HeathrowSpottingHD

Post by HeathrowSpottingHD »

Wow this is gonna be so good! Maybe i'm counting on NLS for VC as they have defo got a fully functioning VC! New fmc and everything! But with PA Merge it will be sweet as NLS A380 model looks abit cartooney but there VC is defoo HQ!
I'm saying by this time next week we all should be flying this bird, whats your first flight going to be?
1 i will testing this plane to its limits and then i plan on doing EK2 LHR-DXB which someone i have lined up to make a HD Repaint ASAP!
Please have Engine Alliance Model Aswell (861)

DerKranich

Post by DerKranich »

HeathrowSpottingHD wrote:Wow this is gonna be so good! Maybe i'm counting on NLS for VC as they have defo got a fully functioning VC! New fmc and everything! But with PA Merge it will be sweet as NLS A380 model looks abit cartooney but there VC is defoo HQ!
I'm saying by this time next week we all should be flying this bird, whats your first flight going to be?
1 i will testing this plane to its limits and then i plan on doing EK2 LHR-DXB which someone i have lined up to make a HD Repaint ASAP!
Please have Engine Alliance Model Aswell (861)
1) They don't support merges with payware and are not held responsible for any damage done to your computer. Do at your own risk!

2) There will be an Engine Alliance variant, for they have Air France and Emirates painted up. I myself plan on painting Korean Air, which will have that engine type.

3) Mr. Collins has painted up an amazing Emirates paint, as well as Singapore and a few house colors.

Air Berlin

Post by Air Berlin »

Well, my first flight will be from Dubai Intl. (OMDB) to Frankfurt/Main (EDDF) with the Emirates one at sunny weather and a windy landing :D
or Frankfurt to Dubai with the LH bird ... but the best repaints are Tom's ... the other are also amasing good but not so detailed...
so good luck guys and i hope the release will be next weeek :roll:

Tom Collins

Post by Tom Collins »

My paints have only got a few added effects - all the detailing comes from the base which we've all collaborated on (Demetris has done a great job on the fuselage as you'll soon see).