Upcoming...

Alexis

Upcoming...

Post by Alexis »

...is a sneak preview at something we're working on. Clues will appear later.

xparamorex316

Re: Upcoming...

Post by xparamorex316 »

oh yes!! : D

Flightsimmer

Post by Flightsimmer »

Is there an image or something? If there is, I can't see it. :?
Whatever it is you guys are working on, im sure it will be great! FSX or FS9 or both?

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Flightsimmer wrote:Is there an image or something? If there is, I can't see it. :?
Whatever it is you guys are working on, im sure it will be great! FSX or FS9 or both?
There will be a few the following days. When we make an official announcement you'll know everything. For now, guesses are acceptable. There were quite a few "prohpets" here, though. :D

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

I think you'll easily recognise it:

cmdkewin

Post by cmdkewin »

Yeah :D

sinsnowman

Post by sinsnowman »

YEAH the wait is finally over!!! And it comes in a VC? I'll be dumping the CLS/Wilco merge and merge your bird with the Wilco panel right after your release :lol:

Edit: might be a bit too soon to ask, but have you guess considered in exporting a model exceeding the poly limit of fs2004? I flew the Boeing Stearman by PropTrash and it was visually stunning, the hd texture (yeah 2048, not 1024) was so good, and most importantly, the framerate was as good as any default aircrafts that comes with fs2004, perhaps you might be interested in digging in about that?

Link: http://www.simflight.com/2011/02/02/boe ... 04-models/

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

sinsnowman wrote:might be a bit too soon to ask, but have you guess considered in exporting a model exceeding the poly limit of fs2004? I flew the Boeing Stearman by PropTrash and it was visually stunning, the hd texture (yeah 2048, not 1024) was so good, and most importantly, the framerate was as good as any default aircrafts that comes with fs2004, perhaps you might be interested in digging in about that?

I know, I used the trick for the 380VC in order to merge it with the cabin and wingview. I have also used it in the 32x series VC to include the cabin, and will use it with this project too. But which one is this?

ryan242

Post by ryan242 »

By the shots... it looks awesome! How is it to fly?? :) great job!

sinsnowman

Post by sinsnowman »

Alexis wrote:
sinsnowman wrote:might be a bit too soon to ask, but have you guess considered in exporting a model exceeding the poly limit of fs2004? I flew the Boeing Stearman by PropTrash and it was visually stunning, the hd texture (yeah 2048, not 1024) was so good, and most importantly, the framerate was as good as any default aircrafts that comes with fs2004, perhaps you might be interested in digging in about that?

I know, I used the trick for the 380VC in order to merge it with the cabin and wingview. I have also used it in the 32x series VC to include the cabin, and will use it with this project too. But which one is this?
Sorry for my poor English, not sure I understand what you mean by "which one is this?"
Actually I prefer having separate models for VC & WV+cabin, since most of the time I don't need the WV until I shot videos. Also how about HD textures? Possible?

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

sinsnowman wrote:Sorry for my poor English, not sure I understand what you mean by "which one is this?"
Actually I prefer having separate models for VC & WV+cabin, since most of the time I don't need the WV until I shot videos. Also how about HD textures? Possible?
I mean, which airbus model is the one you're seeing in the picture.

Regarding the models, IDK what I'll do yet. The VC is a sure bet. We'll see about the rest of the interior and WVs.
You'll see actual shots and renders in a few days.

sinsnowman

Post by sinsnowman »

Alexis wrote:
sinsnowman wrote:Sorry for my poor English, not sure I understand what you mean by "which one is this?"
I mean, which airbus model is the one you're seeing in the picture.

Regarding the models, IDK what I'll do yet. The VC is a sure bet. We'll see about the rest of the interior and WVs.
You'll see actual shots and renders in a few days.
I guess it's the A330, as seen from the winglet and the main gear, would be very sad if I get this wrong :D
Sounds very promising, thanks for your great work PA!!

StephenG

Post by StephenG »

There is no mistaking a Trent 700. I am really looking forward to watching this project progress, keep up the great work PA.

Flightsimmer

Post by Flightsimmer »

Excellent, I would like to paint liveries for this.

shaosibin

Post by shaosibin »

oh my god!
It's undoubtful an A330!
PA team is our god!
hope this model self can be with beacon lights,strobe lights,position lights,wing lights etc. ,without additional code in aircraft.cfg, like A320 V2.1!
thank you team! :mrgreen:

sinsnowman

Post by sinsnowman »

shaosibin wrote:oh my god!
It's undoubtful an A330!
PA team is our god!
hope this model self can be with beacon lights,strobe lights,position lights,wing lights etc. ,without additional code in aircraft.cfg, like A320 V2.1!
Actually, compared to the lights, I'm more interested in how the landing gear respond to the landing, you know A330 (and A340, perhaps :lol: ) has landing gear which behaves differently from other aircrafts, would be nice if PA could come up with a method to recreate this nice animation (you know, cls tried but screwed up)

Bombardier Q400

Post by Bombardier Q400 »

Thanks a lot for doing the wonderful beautiful A330 - My favourite plane! :)

Really great news today!

Please do also an FSX Modell, (which you can merge with the Wilco Airbus) :)
Can you confirm that?

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

Nice one bombardier...as you've seen, we're doing a VC, maybe now we should have second thoughts on that

GoldLeader

Post by GoldLeader »

sinsnowman wrote:
It's undoubtful an A330!
PA team is our god!
Actually, compared to the lights, I'm more interested in how the landing gear respond to the landing, you know A330 (and A340, perhaps :lol: ) has landing gear which behaves differently from other aircrafts, would be nice if PA could come up with a method to recreate this nice animation (you know, cls tried but screwed up)
Didn't it already recreate the method on A380 model?

sinsnowman

Post by sinsnowman »

GoldLeader wrote:
sinsnowman wrote:
It's undoubtful an A330!
PA team is our god!
Didn't it already recreate the method on A380 model?
Well I'm not sure, but the 380 kinda like smash its wheels on the ground, while the 330 let the rear wheels of the main gear touch down first, then the main gear assembly acts like a spring ans let the front wheel of the main gear touch down. My description surely isn't clear enough so you may want to watch the following vid. Just look at how the swiss 340 at 01:39 touched down and you'll understand.

BTW, thanks for making the displays in LCD instead of CRT, looks sooooo much cooler

Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov7WQJWK ... e=g-user-c

szpirogyra

Post by szpirogyra »

an a330 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Pls there is one for FSX tell me...

Bombardier Q400

GaryG wrote:Nice one bombardier...as you've seen, we're doing a VC, maybe now we should have second thoughts on that
What do you mean with that? Do you mean an FSX model for merge is not needed, because you do a VC, or do you mean you think about doing an FSX model?
Sorry for not understanding ;)

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Bombardier Q400 wrote:What do you mean with that? Do you mean an FSX model for merge is not needed, because you do a VC, or do you mean you think about doing an FSX model?
What he means is is that since we're doing the VC, you won't need to merge. We'll also fully implement VAS FMC, so you'll have most of the real functions there (including three individually functioning MFCDUs).

sinsnowman

Post by sinsnowman »

Alexis wrote:
Bombardier Q400 wrote:What do you mean with that? Do you mean an FSX model for merge is not needed, because you do a VC, or do you mean you think about doing an FSX model?
What he means is is that since we're doing the VC, you won't need to merge. We'll also fully implement VAS FMC, so you'll have most of the real functions there (including three individually functioning MFCDUs).
I guess his intention is to merge the gauges onto your VC, not using the VC from Wilco

Bombardier Q400

No, my intention was to use the Wilco VC, but if you do a VC and but the Wilco Gauges into it would also be ok. I don't like using vasFMC, because it only simulates the FMC, but no other systems like the throttle system and so on. Because of that, it would be great if you offer a FSX model, too.

But if you do no FSX model - will you do a FS9 model with VC which works in FSX? (unlike the A380 VC? )

esg

Post by esg »

Vas does simulate the throttle system.

cmdkewin

Post by cmdkewin »

esg wrote:Vas does simulate the throttle system.
Yes, but 2.1 and latest FSUIPC have some problems working together. Like Idle Thrust being stuck at 50% in Airbus A/THR mode.

Nothing you can fix, I know :) but worth mentioning.

p.s.: while your at it, could you please look here: http://www.pafs.wf/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2088. I'd really appreciate it.

ReneM.

Post by ReneM. »

Amazing. I'm so proud of you PA-Team.
I really almost decided to buy the CLS A330 but then you guys gave us these pictures.

I know it's to early to ask because it's still WIP but are you planning to release the whole A330 series at the same time? I mean -200/-300 at the same time or will it be like the A320 series first -200 then -300 or something like that?

And then the VC. Guys this is incredible.

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Expect an official announcement with the certain details in the following days.

ReneM.

Post by ReneM. »

okay. thank you sir.

A321flyer

Post by A321flyer »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: The A330 and its grace has arrived at last! Thank you PA

CngDelta757

Post by CngDelta757 »

WIll the 330-200 include two tail Options? One thing I am picky about! otherwise looking great so far!!!!

esg

Post by esg »

Yes, it will.

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Useless details to be found (I thought that adding the coffe cups in the 380 wasn't enough):

kuba

Post by kuba »

Make WV (full cabin would be better, of course:) and VC as one model...do not separate it...please please:)

ReneM.

Post by ReneM. »

I hope they making the VC exactly like the A380's one. Normal model with wingvie and an addition with vc.

CRJ

Post by CRJ »

WOW!! Can't wait for this one. Will Mr. Collins be responsible for the liveries as he did with the A380?

esg

Post by esg »

Mr Collins wasn't 'responsible' for the A380's liveries---he, John, Derek and me all painted the A380.

ReneM.

Post by ReneM. »

Mr. Collins painted Emirates and Singapore Airlines for the A380 right? But he wasn't really responsible for the A380 paints.

One thing: Hope you get the Main Gear contact points well coded.
Last edited by ReneM. on 01 Jun 2012, 19:53, edited 1 time in total.

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

Yes he said and I'm quoting: "he[Mr.Collins], John, Derek and me all painted the A380."

ReneM.

Post by ReneM. »

For me it is not important who is responsible for repaints or whatever. We got so many repaints for the whole A32X Series and A380 from other texture artists.

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

So first, you ask a question, then you edit the post, reposting and say that is not important for you because of the texture artists. Right. Then, you also said that you hope that we get the main gear contact points well coded. What happens if we do not?

And by the way, few are the texture artists out of PA that top the same quality as our talented people on board, just to make it clear.

ReneM.

Post by ReneM. »

GaryG wrote:So first, you ask a question, then you edit the post, reposting and say that is not important for you because of the texture artists. Right. Then, you also said that you hope that we get the main gear contact points well coded. What happens if we do not?

And by the way, few are the texture artists out of PA that top the same quality as our talented people on board, just to make it clear.
Okay I'm sorry if my last posts sounded bad. I really respect your work. I mean with the main gear as said in a few posts above mine should be like in real because all your products are the best out there. Much better than payware products. I edited my last post only because I didn't wanted to make a new post.

And I really respect the work off all painters who are creating textures for us.

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

Nevermind, internet posts can be misleading at times. However, one should note that the community is shrinking as time goes by and most likely, we're the only freeware group that makes aircraf for fs. This suggests that we should care for each other's work for one day it might be history.

ReneM.

Post by ReneM. »

I understand this.

Bombardier Q400

So can anyone of the developers give a clear Statement?
Will there be a FSX Model (like the A320 V2.0), or won't there be a FSX model (like the A320 V2.1 ;( )?

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

Alexis wrote:Expect an official announcement with the certain details in the following days.

karlli1221

Post by karlli1221 »

GaryG wrote:Nevermind, internet posts can be misleading at times. However, one should note that the community is shrinking as time goes by and most likely, we're the only freeware group that makes aircraf for fs. This suggests that we should care for each other's work for one day it might be history.
I just wanted to quote this again because I really agree, POSKY dissolved and the Free sky project (whatever they are called..) is crap compared to PA anyway. I can't think of any freeware group whose quality is even half of PA's. but anyway, I'm really glad that PA hasn't stopped making high quality aircrafts ;) (Although it's a shame they are doing A330 instead of A340 :cry: )

esg

Post by esg »

Whos saying we're only doing the A330?

karlli1221

Post by karlli1221 »

esg wrote:Whos saying we're only doing the A330?
WOW :shock: :shock: :o now THAT is a BIG GIFT from PA!! I can no longer express the gratefulness of mine in words...

A BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE IN PA!! :)