Expansion to X-plane

zroman

Expansion to X-plane

Post by zroman »

Here's an awesome preview of the airbus a321, now coming to X-plane 9 courtesy of Project Airbus.

Alright, let's get some things straight.
Firstly, X-plane is another flight sim which runs on all three OS. It utilizes a flight model similar to the FDE and then a set of optional objects outside the flight model. The objects are the equivalent of .mdl files. The x-plane system allows for one texture per object, which means that, using the 321 as an example, the fuselage would have to be broken into three parts, the wings would have to be separate etc etc etc...
The project will feature full animations including wingflex, doors and many other goodies!

~Zroman~

Forest

Re: Expansion to X-plane

Post by Forest »

Finally some x-plane stuff!!! Now I can get soem awesome aircraft......

rodmanb294

Post by rodmanb294 »

Really looking forward to this ! Has it been decided which aircraft first? Next? ETc?

zroman

Post by zroman »

rodmanb294 wrote:Really looking forward to this ! Has it been decided which aircraft first? Next? ETc?
Firstly, the 787 and 767 will be released before the pairbus series kicks into full gear (flight model development, research for 3d pits, FBW) and we will be doing the a321 first, followed by the remainder of the a32x series, and then the a380

Forest

Post by Forest »

Sounds like a lot of work. So will you be finishing the Boeing aircraft By December of the airbus aircraft by December.

nascar99

Post by nascar99 »

YES FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love project airbus' aircraft and I'm so excited to use them in X-Plane! Will the A321 include CFM56 engines or IAE? I hope CFM!

zroman

Post by zroman »

nascar99 wrote:YES FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love project airbus' aircraft and I'm so excited to use them in X-Plane! Will the A321 include CFM56 engines or IAE? I hope CFM!
the FSXP doesn't do anything halfheartedly, so we'll be making ALL variants of each plane including ALL the engine types and ALL models available.

zroman

Post by zroman »

Here's some current screens of the A321, it'll be finished in about 30 minutes, and then it'll be put away for a while

~zroman~

zroman

Post by zroman »

here's some more screens, now fully animated and in planemaker (for creating the FDE)

nascar99

Post by nascar99 »

Loving the Air Canada paint! Will liveries be included with the aircraft?

zroman

Post by zroman »

nascar99 wrote:Loving the Air Canada paint! Will liveries be included with the aircraft?
Currently, the 321 is undergoing some interesting work, so this is unclear.

Stefano

Post by Stefano »

Wow I love it. Can't wait. You've done a really good work, Zroman ;)
I'll wait with impatience unitil it's released. Everything will be freeware, won't it? Thanks a lot

Forest

Post by Forest »

Everything with him is freeware. Can't believe it. He could sell this in the hangar's store for thirty bucks and not a single person would argue.

zroman

Post by zroman »

Forest wrote:Everything with him is freeware. Can't believe it. He could sell this in the hangar's store for thirty bucks and not a single person would argue.
XD i like your thinking :)
TBH, yes, it'll be freeware, but right now, logistical other thigns are being worked out

Stefano

Post by Stefano »

Cool ;) :) Thanks

zroman

Post by zroman »

DADADADADADADADADADADADAAAAAAAAAAAAA
HERE'S THE FIRST VIDEO OF THE A321 IN X-PLANE! WATCH IN HD!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tJgxVK0eRA

zroman

Post by zroman »

Nick L

Post by Nick L »

We have decided to end our association with Michael (zroman) because of some issues we have discovered about his past behavior and actions. We feel that continuing this association poses an excessive risk to our reputation in the community.

-The PA team