Re: FSX FBW - UPDATED !

Post by GaryG »

I'm sorry for this. That's why i need feedback

regardss

szpirogyra

Post by szpirogyra »

what happened,

during takeoff the spoilers were armed with out my knowing and the plane won't listen i pulled hard but it overshot, after spoilers were down it tookoff and then again suddenly, FD and AU throttle were activated even if i press hard F1 for zero throttle and the FD and AU throttle won't switch off :oops: (i use the FD version) and as per me FBW- always on normal law or am i doing something wrong(should it show direct law :?: )?????? it was a simple procedure i followed for takeoff

1. start-up engines
2. taxi
3. flaps+1 and F4

so am i forgetting something????

@Goldleader

he is right its pretty buggy but good effort though...

GoldLeader

Post by GoldLeader »

szpirogyra, every problem you mentioned come from FD Special Version (viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1942) and have nothing to do with Gary's FBW. Plus most are easily solvable.

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

OK guys, so...

As I suggested to Rockster, how about you try it with the default panel?

Is it possible? Rockster found out that the default panel operated much better with my fbw than with francois.

I'll coordinate things with francois to make sure this won't happen if things will ever merge.

ALSO ! Please listen carefully.

Disable FSX's FBW because that might be the case. Go to the aircraft.cfg you are using and delete the following line: fly_by_wire = 1

Do so please, I'm pretty sure my fbw is quite ok tested it several times and landed quite smoothly as well.

Make sure everything is like what I said and then, please do Feed-back ;)

Regars

szpirogyra

Post by szpirogyra »

GoldLeader wrote:szpirogyra, every problem you mentioned come from FD Special Version (viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1942) and have nothing to do with Gary's FBW. Plus most are easily solvable.
\

:o :o :o :o :o sure ????????????????????????????????? i m really shocked bcoz such problems occur when fbw application in ON his plane quite works great its not that i am telling the fault is of the FBW

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

szpir...
Have you read my post? :S

szpirogyra

Post by szpirogyra »

GaryG wrote:
Disable FSX's FBW because that might be the case. Go to the aircraft.cfg you are using and delete the following line: fly_by_wire = 1

Regars
;( ;( ;( tried it but after ac.cfg editing nothing works on the panel.....

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

I had someone who removed that and didn't happen what you're saying.

Are you sure you only removed that line AND nothing else?

Just making things clear ;)

szpirogyra

Post by szpirogyra »

yes... the FBW works proper in the background but effect is not seen in FSX(i m talking about the logs in .bat)

RoCksTeR

Post by RoCksTeR »

ok first of all i found that NOT removing the line but changing it to "fly_by_wire = 0" helped abit better. Yes your fly by wire computers overhead panel WILL NOT function anymore and remain off as a result. I also dont believe that only that line affects gary's FBW software i think some other lines in the [airplane_geometry] section could be forcing some limitations that are not agreeing with gary's software. Maybe one or all of the following:

elevator_area=76.500000
aileron_area=57.0
rudder_area=56.200000
elevator_up_limit=25.0
elevator_down_limit=15.0
aileron_up_limit=25.0
aileron_down_limit=15.0
rudder_limit=25.0
elevator_trim_limit=13.5
spoiler_limit=65.0 //35.0

Just a hunch. :D

Just as a note: I have only tested until the previous release of the software, didnt get around to checking the new one yet.

Also it helped me alot by first loading an aircraft (Im using FSX so i load the Ultralight) then starting gary's software (for windows 7 users dont use "run as administrator" as long as you are not using it to run FSX) then loading the A320, only problem i faced was it kinda going off trim during the approach but then it was fine again. If your plane doesnt seem to respond just shutdown fsx and try again

szpirogyra

Post by szpirogyra »

i doubted on "remove" and "0"..... will try

GoldLeader

Post by GoldLeader »

Yeah, I actually thought that was causing the problems as well so I removed the line (which was, by the way set to 0). It still occurred.

RoCksTeR

Post by RoCksTeR »

very odd, well i had the same problem but after a couple of exiting and restarting FSX i started behaving well. ok then try changing the following lines from the default A321 and tell me if that fixes it. Make sure you backup or rename the original aircraft.cfg incase this doesnt help.

elevator_area=76.500000
aileron_area=57.0
rudder_area=56.200000
elevator_up_limit=25.0
elevator_down_limit=15.0
aileron_up_limit=25.0
aileron_down_limit=15.0
rudder_limit=25.0
elevator_trim_limit=13.5

Tell me the results, atleast we can say we tried

esg

Post by esg »

It is worth mentioning that this gauge is very much 'alpha'; you should _expect_ to experience issues.

Also, I think it would be a good idea if Gary briefly explained how the gauge works, so that the people who are testing it can—perhaps—better understand the issues they might experience, and how to better report these.

RoCksTeR

Post by RoCksTeR »

Also one thing you can try is making sure you start with a default airplane then starting FBW and waiting untill you see the log start then choose the A320. :)

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

Original Post has been updated with further instructions to ensure maximum stability of the program.

Special thanks to Rockster for pointing somethings out.

Reportedly, it works well with the A318 as well.

Regards

RoCksTeR

Post by RoCksTeR »

GaryG wrote:Original Post has been updated with further instructions to ensure maximum stability of the program.

Special thanks to Rockster for pointing somethings out.

Reportedly, it works well with the A318 as well.

Regards
If i get time before i leave on vaccation I ill report my findings for the A319, A320 And A321. Please note that I am flying the FD V3 editions of PA :D

szpirogyra

Post by szpirogyra »

followed new instructions so here's the new progress (i use FD)

1-just selected the runway as starting position :D
2-engine start-up flaps at 2 :)
3-F4 and so speed at 160 and + and one thing i noticed spoilers were armed automatically and at perhaps some level up :/
4- i took them down but the plane won't takeoff(i overshot the runway while trying to pull up) so F1 and spoilers automatically as speed brakes :o
5- again F4 and no spoilers the plane finally took off, took me a minute to take control(as for a beginner pretty much swinging) :oops:

i would say pretty much bug-free than before( i m really happy :D :D :D :D ) but still the spoiler is what bugs me, bugs u, pretty much bugs the project ;)
but great i would say really function great for 2 min :) (i total simulated for 3 min from beginning) keep up the good work..

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

szpirogyra wrote: 3-F4 and so speed at 160 and + and one thing i noticed spoilers were armed automatically and at perhaps some level up :/
4- i took them down but the plane won't takeoff(i overshot the runway while trying to pull up) so F1 and spoilers automatically as speed brakes :o
I'm pretty sure that those are not my fault. I didn't even declare spoilers in my program !

Regards

esg

Post by esg »

Someone's having the time of their life with the new smilies, lol.

:D

GoldLeader

Post by GoldLeader »

New smileys are amazing!

Anyway, I have once again tried the FBW (although I didn't follow those steps, default aircraft first, etc, etc) and it still worked pretty buggy...
Once I quitted the gauge the plane was pretty much like any other aircraft without FBW (without default FBW)

RoCksTeR

Post by RoCksTeR »

GoldLeader wrote:Image

New smileys are amazing!

Anyway, I have once again tried the FBW (although I didn't follow those steps, default aircraft first, etc, etc) and it still worked pretty buggy...
Once I quitted the gauge the plane was pretty much like any other aircraft without FBW (without default FBW)
Wierd, i usually get better results when i load with the ultralight and turning on FBW before loading the FD. My only problem is when i'm trying to land with full flaps and idle thrust the plane becomes unresponsive after 300 feet AGL and kinda keeps diving towards the runway. Only way i was able to recover is advancing the trusts till flex or toga and kick the plane out of the dive then i can control it again. This doesn't happen when i try to land the plane with flaps 3 Configuration.

So far all the FDs i checked behave this way A318, A319 And the A320

GoldLeader

Post by GoldLeader »

I said I didn't load the default aircraft first :P. I may try to do that later (I'm quite busy now).

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

BTW: Do you all have FSX with SP2 ?

My fsx is the deluxe version.

RoCksTeR

Post by RoCksTeR »

GaryG wrote:BTW: Do you all have FSX with SP2 ?

acceleration

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

should be ok ;)

GoldLeader

Post by GoldLeader »

Yep, I have acceleration as well.

szpirogyra

Post by szpirogyra »

GaryG wrote:BTW: Do you all have FSX with SP2 ?

uh huh yes...

szpirogyra

Post by szpirogyra »

GaryG wrote:
szpirogyra wrote: 3-F4 and so speed at 160 and + and one thing i noticed spoilers were armed automatically and at perhaps some level up :/
I'm pretty sure that those are not my fault. I didn't even declare spoilers in my program !

Regards
can it be somehow something is conflicting??? :/

RoCksTeR

Post by RoCksTeR »

szpirogyra wrote:
GaryG wrote:

Regards
can it be somehow something is conflicting??? :/
well the spoilers auto arm automatically, i think its francois who coded that into his plane. When i tested this software my spoilers did arm and my plane took off without problems. when my plane wasnt taking off my problem was the FBW line in the aircraft.cfg after that I didnt have any problems except the approach problems.

szpirogyra

Post by szpirogyra »

so?????????????????????????????

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

I'm pretty busy at the moment, no time for it. Will announce when I have something.

Thanks for your interest.

Regards,

Gary

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Do You stopped working on this FBW?

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

Partially

A320-Simmer

Post by A320-Simmer »

Hi Gary!

I'm still using your FBW-Module and I like it. Just one question: Would it be possible to decrease the speed when the alpha-protection starts? Maybe from 135 down to 120 knots? During the flare it sometimes happens that the protection sets full speed when you try to get the aircraft on the ground.
Thanks in advance and best regards!

Christoph

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

Hi Chris, thanks a lot.

To all:

Please use this: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19181682/FBWtest.exe

It has no alpha protection. I removed it because it was poorly implemented.

On the other hand, the only protections are the pitch and bank ones.

Hope you enjoy it.

Regards

A320-Simmer

Post by A320-Simmer »

Hi Gary!

Many thanks for your prompt reply! I'll try the new file this evening.

Best regards, Christoph

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

Thanks Chris, I'll await your feedback

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

I can use your FBW with Francois a320?

GaryG

Post by GaryG »