A380 Released!

sknepper

Re: A380 Released!

Post by sknepper »

I must say that the model looks very good and the imoportant details like nose, engines and gear look just like the real A380 from all angles. And I love the flight dynamics with the force-feedback also helping the feeling of flying this great beast.

fsxfan

Post by fsxfan »

LOL!An other copy on Simviation.com
Project Airbus Airbus A380-800
25.98Mb (229 downloads)
Project Airbus Airbus A380-800. The A380 has been made to be used with FS2004, but should be fairly compatible with FSX. features: - dynamic wingflex with input from several new parameters including ground spoilers, fuel load, and angle of attack - control surface droop when the engines are off - independent parallel bogies when on the ground - custom tire rotation code - animated pack vents - idle-reverser animation - ground spoilers - smoothed gear and flap animations - customised nosewheel steering animation - accurate aileron LAF simulation - custom coded engine fan start-up and shutdown animations - windmilling engine fans (incl. fan inertia) - improved antenna hiding method--alpha no longer required, thereby avoiding the "fuse hole" issue in FSX SP2 - animated window wipers - animated probe sensors - hard coded "double strobes. No VC. By Project Airbus team.

Sad! :(

Tom Collins

Post by Tom Collins »

Email sent!

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

fsxfan wrote:LOL!An other copy on Simviation.com
25.98Mb (229 downloads)
Project Airbus Airbus A380-800. The A380 has been made to be used with FS2004, but should be fairly compatible with FSX. features: - dynamic wingflex with input from several new parameters including ground spoilers, fuel load, and angle of attack - control surface droop when the engines are off - independent parallel bogies when on the ground - custom tire rotation code - animated pack vents - idle-reverser animation - ground spoilers - smoothed gear and flap animations - customised nosewheel steering animation - accurate aileron LAF simulation - custom coded engine fan start-up and shutdown animations - windmilling engine fans (incl. fan inertia) - improved antenna hiding method--alpha no longer required, thereby avoiding the "fuse hole" issue in FSX SP2 - animated window wipers - animated probe sensors - hard coded "double strobes. No VC. By Project Airbus team.

Thank you for reporting the issue.

fsxfan

Post by fsxfan »

No problem guys! ;)

Tom Collins

Post by Tom Collins »

The file has been removed.

pictureme

Post by pictureme »

fsxfan wrote:LOL!An other copy on Simviation.com
25.98Mb (229 downloads)

sad for this to be my first post here but oh well....here goes... :lol:

found the same package on fsplanet.com as well....but then again they're well known for how they tend to do things.....

just a head's up
--Pict

feretta

Post by feretta »

After reading the last few posts here, I just wanted to say that it WAS NOT me!! :D
I did ask about this issue in another thread here, so just in case the admin may have thought it was me, it wasn't.

Although, with Flightsim.com, and Simviation,
you'll have an easy time getting your files removed, as their webmasters are very good in keeping
with the developers wishes...
You're only kidding yourselfs if you think this will stay exclusive to one site only.

That's the main reason I had asked you first , was to get an UN-MODIFIED copy of your package uploaded
elsewhere before these crappy pirated files started popping up.
There are several files that keep getting posted of the R.V. Model with the Wilco panel. :(

And one other thing, anytime someone asks about the VC or 2d panel,
the only replies here are "it's been asked a Zillion times",
well, I've looked all morning, and
that question being asked so much has obviously pushed the answer somewhere so deep that it's not readily visible.
Any chance of directing us 'newbies' to your site in the right direction, instead of snapping at us?
I moderate at a Flight Sim forum, so I know what it's like to have the same questions asked over and over again.
But I also remember what it's like to be a newbie on these kind of forums,
and I bear that in mind every time a new person comes in and asks a question that I've answered a 'zillion' times.
That just means you should have a link, or the answer so well composed that it rolls off your fingers without thought.
You only get 1 chance to make the first impression a good one.

I have always loved your files, and have used no other Airbus downloads but yours,
Your work on FS files is second to none in this area,
but your people skills suck. :roll:

Derek Mayer

Post by Derek Mayer »

You raise a good point; we should probably have a pinned FAQ thread. Will try to get one up later.

Regarding not uploading to other FS sites, there's no feasible way to upload our files to every existing flightsim site. I suppose we just expected our files to eventually make it onto other sites on their own, as we saw with the A320 series. That wouldn't have bothered us too much (at least, I don't think we would have taken them down), however we did not expect people to recompile the files with material from other authors.

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

I have a valid point too you know.. for a lot of people who are "newbies" many are just new on the forums..but that is no excuse for some not to use the search function.

I look at it at a very basic level. If someone's smart enough to use a computer, log on to the internet.. register on a forum, complete the email validation etc etc etc.. i dont see ANY reason why common sense would not dictate that the person search for the answer to his question before posting the question that's prolly the most common if not on the top 10 list of common questions asked.

Again, a lot of "newbies" are not necessarily new to the FS community & have a fair idea of how things work on group forums. Most have often reported to us after being warned, that they wouldnt dare have done it on a certain other groups forum (which i will not name in order to avoid getting into slanging matches with other groups)

So yea.. i'm really sick of everyone using the "newbie" reason as a blanket cover. When you're on a managing end of a group someday, you might appreciate what it takes to keep forums in order & avoid confusion that happens when 10 "newbies" post 10 topics asking 10 questions that may or may not be related to each other & in their own way may involve 10 other addons at 10 different possible (minimum possible) permutations and combinations.

Right now in spite of us making it clear to the point of absolute transparency that we do NOT support FSX related problem solving "officially" we've had people post at incredible speed on all sorts of topics with FSX related issues which in the process confused a whole lot of other people who use FS9 and were therefore entitled to have their issues sorted out to our best possible abilities.

So yea.. right now "people skills" is not on my list of priorities. I'm here to do my job & contribute to my group, i'm not here to win a popularity contest nor vie for the most number of members or followers.

fsxfan

Post by fsxfan »

Sorry for the bad news but i have to report an other copy! :(
Download on http://www.fsdownload.com/
FSX/FS2004 Project Airbus Airbus A380-800 dynamic wingflex with input from several new parameters including ground spoilers, fuel load, and angle of attack - control surface droop when the engines are off - independent parallel bogies when on the ground - custom tire rotation code - animated pack vents - idle-reverser animation - smoothed gear and flap animations - customised nosewheel steering animation - accurate aileron LAF simulation - custom coded engine fan start-up and shutdown animations - windmilling engine fans incl. fan inertia - improved antenna hiding method alpha no longer required, thereby avoiding the fuse hole issue in FSX SP2 - animated window wipers - animated probe sensors - hard coded double strobes

Direct link: http://www.fsdownload.com/modules.php?n ... e&sid=1968
There are some realy stupid poeple on eath! :|

M@rco

Post by M@rco »

What about a sound package? This morning, when I looked up at avsim what's new, I saw, there has been uploaded a Trent 900 Soundpackage. Is it right, you uploaded it?

esg

Post by esg »

M@rco wrote:What about a sound package? This morning, when I looked up at avsim what's new, I saw, there has been uploaded a Trent 900 Soundpackage. Is it right, you uploaded it?
No, and it's already been removed.

hugh_knight

Post by hugh_knight »

This is the best A380 model ever!!!. Flown it for days, non-stop. Love everything!!!! She flies like a dream. You guys are awesome!

HeathrowSpottingHD

Post by HeathrowSpottingHD »

amazing still but will the VC be another 2-3months?
NLS ment to be realseing 2010 so your in big compentition

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

HeathrowSpottingHD wrote: NLS ment to be realseing 2010 so your in big compentition
Do you really think so?

esg

Post by esg »

HeathrowSpottingHD wrote:amazing still but will the VC be another 2-3months?
Difference being you don't have to pay shit for our work

Simaerobatic

Post by Simaerobatic »

I think the Project Airbus A380 is the best (with or without VC)

BR
Thomas

AirNewZealand_A320

Post by AirNewZealand_A320 »

GTHO TROLL!!!

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

Make no mistake, we're not competing with anybody.

In fact, the only people we're competing with, is ourselves. We're interested in setting the standards higher with every release & not races with any other groups.

As Demetris rightly pointed out, people can do whatever they want and use any addon they choose & the end of the day.. we're freeware, you like it.. use it.. you dont? well, feel free to explore other options

HeathrowSpottingHD

Post by HeathrowSpottingHD »

esg wrote:
Difference being you don't have to pay shit for our work

And i would pay for yours but i think NLS and your model would be a good merg.
Like the PSS 777 2-d Panel with POSKY 777 + VC..

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

We'd rather just use our own VC & panel

AA_380

Post by AA_380 »

Elmar wrote:Hi!

Some here in the PA forum have asked for a fitting soundset. I've found one ... Devyn Silverstein's Rolls Royce Trent 500 Soundset (V2), you can find it at avsim.com. I know they are Trent 500 engines but I've seen and heard the A380 in real, it's a good solution I am satified with it.

Best regards,
Elmar

Elmar,

Here's another soundset for the 380.

Rolls Royce Trent 800 Series Sounds For The Boeing 777 By Emil Serfino. There's an update also. youcan get it at
flightsim.com search for Emil Serfino. It's the one I use, sounds great.

M@rco

Post by M@rco »

Excuse my question, but I just want it to know:

Would you guys realize a the FMC and the Taxicamera if you know how to do it?

And could you give me the position of the outboard main gear contact points because I need it for the Rainwash and Reverse Spray effect.

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

M@rco wrote:Would you guys realize a the FMC and the Taxicamera if you know how to do it?
No, no and no. Especially the taxicam and FSView is something of a legend to me.

fsxfan

Post by fsxfan »

You could maybe use the vasFMC!

M@rco

Post by M@rco »

Ok. I understood! But could you give me the outboard contact points of the main gear? In the aircraft.cfg there are only the inboard contact points.

Derek Mayer

Post by Derek Mayer »

The outboard gear has no contact points in the aircraft.cfg. If you only need approximate coordinates for effects, try these:

Code: Select all

Left inboard:   -3.00,   -8.70, -19.33
Right inboard:  -3.00,    8.70, -19.33
Left outboard:   8.00,  -20.30, -19.33
Right outboard:  8.00,   20.30, -19.33

FSX777

Post by FSX777 »

I want to be asking you for question I wanna you added for View camera with wings, left, right and Tails, gear landing another different views but make it sure this perfect A380 Please can you fix this..how i can see them view camera in the A380?

FSX777

Post by FSX777 »

Oh i forgot tell to do something FSX views camera just rather simple for only download so Help me pleaseee I love A380 so awesome!

I hope we can free! A380

nzeddy

Post by nzeddy »

FSX777 wrote:Oh i forgot tell to do something FSX views camera just rather simple for only download so Help me pleaseee I love A380 so awesome!

I hope we can free! A380
Here you go: http://pairbus.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=353

d123

Post by d123 »

hey guys i'am new here,

i had an question, that A380 of Lufthansa with that green pieces ( factory green ) , where can i download that.
it doesn't matter what airline it is.

Best Regards, Dion :D

esg

Post by esg »

d123 wrote:hey guys i'am new here,

i had an question, that A380 of Lufthansa with that green pieces ( factory green ) , where can i download that.
it doesn't matter what airline it is.

Best Regards, Dion :D
http://www.pairbus.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=472

maverick967

Post by maverick967 »

Does it come with a 2-d panel and sounds?

d123

Post by d123 »

hey guys,

i've got the A380 of Farnborough.. and House livery and Lufthansa but there are no wing-views??
and were can in download the vc cockipit with cabin?
i dont now how i can let the vc works as i download him

Regards, Dion

My English can be bad i'am of the Netherlands

sknepper

Post by sknepper »

d123 wrote:hey guys,

i've got the A380 of Farnborough.. and House livery and Lufthansa but there are no wing-views??
and were can in download the vc cockipit with cabin?
i dont now how i can let the vc works as i download him

Regards, Dion

My English can be bad i'am of the Netherlands
Hoi Dion, geen probleem jongen :)
I guess you mean the switched views. Then you may try the addition of the camera positions as explained here:
http://pairbus.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=353
For an explaination in Dutch you may PM me ;)

d123

Post by d123 »

gelukkig ben ik niet de enige Nederlander! :D

but i've got still two questions:

1: were can i download the VC of the A380, and how can i let him works.

2: where can i download the Virtual Cabin?
already thanks for answering this question.

Best Regards, Dion ;)

nike

Post by nike »

Hello Dion,

You can download the Virtual Cabin here : http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=150623

But the VC is not ready yet, it is still in work, i wait too for the VC :)

Best Regards, Nike

d123

Post by d123 »

hey Nike,

i'am sorry that i ask so mutch but,......

how can i install the VC???

Best Regards, Dion

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

You just use the cabin models provided in the download. Then you copy the cabin textures in your A/C texture folder and you're done.

d123

Post by d123 »

okay thanx i'm gonna try it!
i let it know if it works.

Regards, Dion

d123

Post by d123 »

hey,

it doesn't works....
i don't know wat i did wrong....
i've kopy the textures map of the cabin models to the A380 ( Quantas ) textures map , and kopy the model to the model of the A380?
could someone confirm wath i've did wrong??

Regards, Dion

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Inside the model is also a model.cfg file. Make sure that you put the cabin model's filename where it says normal=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx . Insert only the name, not the extension (.mdl).

d123

Post by d123 »

okay i gonna try it!
maybe i'am a bit late with this nut i have FSX..? is that a problem?
if you ( Alexis ) been a Dutchman?
pleace explain it me in dutch, thats easyer for me.
because now i must everything that you say deciphering :?

Best Regards, Dion

sknepper

Post by sknepper »

Hé gozert, een PM is altijd welkom. Praat een beetje haags dan kan ik je helpen?
I am half Irish (on my left) and half Dutch (on the right) so if you need help in any language including French or Spanish. I'm your man ;) Greek is a passion I want to learn too :).
The VC is sometimes confused with the Virtual Cabin (VC also).
On the forums I speak english, but I like better speak Dutch :). Humour makes us happier. Don't take me in the mailing.

FSXF-Dirty

Post by FSXF-Dirty »

hi,
i seem to be having problems downloading the A380 for Avsim. Every time it goes to download it i get a page that comes up that says "You don’t have permission to open this page.". does anyone know what i can do so i can get the aircraft. :?:

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

have you registered with them?

FSXF-Dirty

Post by FSXF-Dirty »

yes i have and i have downloaded aircraft form them before

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

^^ follow it up with AVSIM and not here.

GET BACK ON TOPIC EVERYONE.

sknepper

Post by sknepper »

Just to let you all know, I have managed to help Dion to find his footing with the configurations in the queens Dutch. Also want to say that the models are great and offer many dimensions. I do have a question though. I remember someone mentioned a freeware item from Flight1 for wondering through the cabin in FSX. Is that the case or do I just have to use the FSX keys? :oops: