A380 Virtual cockpit previews

brad9825

Re: A380 Virtual cockpit previews

Post by brad9825 »

so then reall the only thing that will be wrong with it in fsx is that itll drop the framrates?

Brett-Hill

Post by Brett-Hill »

brad9825 wrote:so then reall the only thing that will be wrong with it in fsx is that itll drop the framrates?
I get half frame rates with an fs9 model, which tbh isn't worth it after turning down most of the scenary settings

Derek Mayer

Post by Derek Mayer »

brad9825 wrote:so then reall the only thing that will be wrong with it in fsx is that itll drop the framrates?
No, there will likely be transparency issues with the gauge clickspots as well. In other words, gauges showing up where they shouldn't be.

brad9825

Post by brad9825 »

Thats unfortunate, i hope there will be an fsx version... But IF you were to make it fsx native, can you give and estimation as to how long it would take to release it from the time you start?

WiseyUK

Post by WiseyUK »

brad9825 - one thing you should've learnt by now is that PA don't give out timescales unless they are really close to releasing something!

j4cko56

Post by j4cko56 »

Guys stop moaning about not getting an FSX VC...most other flight sim companies have moved to FSX, giving me and other FS9 users no new aircraft...none to get excited about anyways, so stop moaning! This is our chance to actually have a really nice aircraft, FSX you now have Carenado, we don't, and there are a whole load of companies like that that have stopped FS9 aircraft and focused solely on FSX. Don't be selfish...

GREAT work PA, keep it up!

Jack

Ghostmaster

Post by Ghostmaster »

j4cko56 wrote:Guys stop moaning about not getting an FSX VC...most other flight sim companies have moved to FSX, giving me and other FS9 users no new aircraft...none to get excited about anyways, so stop moaning! This is our chance to actually have a really nice aircraft, FSX you now have Carenado, we don't, and there are a whole load of companies like that that have stopped FS9 aircraft and focused solely on FSX. Don't be selfish...

GREAT work PA, keep it up!

Jack
Its not moaning and not selfish. PA produce high quality model and it is freeware. Ask microsoft why they release FSX. If there only one FS,none of this problem will happen(FSXvsFS9).

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

Ghostmaster wrote: Ask microsoft why they release FSX. If there only one FS,none of this problem will happen(FSXvsFS9).
Incredibly irrational. With your reasoning, every company should release one game, only. With that rate, we would only have some FS 3.1.

This was stupid, sorry.

Ghostmaster

Post by Ghostmaster »

GaryG wrote:
Ghostmaster wrote: Ask microsoft why they release FSX. If there only one FS,none of this problem will happen(FSXvsFS9).
Incredibly irrational. With your reasoning, every company should release one game, only. With that rate, we would only have some FS 3.1.

This was stupid, sorry.
;) I'm not arguing that every company must release only one game. Just telling the fact that every game company is release many version of game. That what happen here,microsoft release fs9 and fsx. Some asking for fs9 model,some asking for fsx model. So no side is winning others. its level. That my point. No side is moaning or selfish.

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

Brett-Hill wrote: the fact that an fsx one is being thought over staggers me (especially considering about half the people on this forum run fsx)... what me and others are not happy about is that people in fsx would have to wait at least a couple more months down the road for an fsx build. It surprizes me that people still put priority to a sim which is 8yrs old over a newer sim. The best answer is to release them for both sims and both at the same time.
Srilanka wrote:Was waiting for the release of the vc for over 12 months to fly it in fsx, but seems like it wont happen anymore. Anyway good work Project Airbus Team!
Im not surprized people are writing these sort of messages as we have been waiting for this for over a year with no indication to which flight sim. If you had said so from the beginning then you wouldn't have got everyones juices up with the pics etc only to dissappoint half of the people
Nice! How the mighty Project Airbus has caused YOU such disappointment. tsk tsk. Narcissus be thy name by any chance?

It doesnt ever occur to YOU that what Project Airbus does/has done/will do... does NOT revolve around YOUR OWN individual opinion??

You still have the choice to go & get other stuff that has a 380 for FSX.. PA isnt the only group to model aircraft. If you cant appreciate the hard work, dont judge them on YOUR expectations either.

Handle

Post by Handle »

Tranceaddict wrote:
Brett-Hill wrote: the fact that an fsx one is being thought over staggers me (especially considering about half the people on this forum run fsx)... what me and others are not happy about is that people in fsx would have to wait at least a couple more months down the road for an fsx build. It surprizes me that people still put priority to a sim which is 8yrs old over a newer sim. The best answer is to release them for both sims and both at the same time.
Srilanka wrote:Was waiting for the release of the vc for over 12 months to fly it in fsx, but seems like it wont happen anymore. Anyway good work Project Airbus Team!
Im not surprized people are writing these sort of messages as we have been waiting for this for over a year with no indication to which flight sim. If you had said so from the beginning then you wouldn't have got everyones juices up with the pics etc only to dissappoint half of the people
Nice! How the mighty Project Airbus has caused YOU such disappointment. tsk tsk. Narcissus be thy name by any chance?

It doesnt ever occur to YOU that what Project Airbus does/has done/will do... does NOT revolve around YOUR OWN individual opinion??

You still have the choice to go & get other stuff that has a 380 for FSX.. PA isnt the only group to model aircraft. If you cant appreciate the hard work, dont judge them on YOUR expectations either.
I concur to Tranceaddict's statement. There are plenty of companies that have gone to FSX, and the people that actually have a brain, and still use FS2004 have to sit here and watch companies come out with great products for FSX. To Brett-Hill, I really hate coming on Project Airbus to see status updates on the new A320 V2.1, and seeing you spew your stupid opinion. I shouldn't have to come on here, and see this. This is a thread for updates, not irrelevant opinions. ;) P.S. Unlike some people, I actually DO appreciate the work being done by the team here! Keep up the great work, and don't stop!! -Handle

alviento

Post by alviento »

GREAT JOB PA TEAM!!! I have been waiting this bird IN FS9 for months and finally the dream will come true. Thank you for this.

Brett-Hill

Post by Brett-Hill »

Handle wrote:

I concur to Tranceaddict's statement. There are plenty of companies that have gone to FSX, and the people that actually have a brain, and still use FS2004 have to sit here and watch companies come out with great products for FSX. To Brett-Hill, I really hate coming on Project Airbus to see status updates on the new A320 V2.1, and seeing you spew your stupid opinion. I shouldn't have to come on here, and see this. This is a thread for updates, not irrelevant opinions. ;) P.S. Unlike some people, I actually DO appreciate the work being done by the team here! Keep up the great work, and don't stop!! -Handle
a) I currently have NO Opinions posted on the A320 v2.1 thread so that is a false accusation (besides.. isnt the whole point of a forum is to voice an opinion)
b) it is only spitefull and childish for you to think of it as taking revenge on fsx users as there are many new fsx products being developed ... companies are designing for fsx rather than fs9 because they feel they can make more money from it, simple as

I was prepared to put this whole thing behind me before you posted that here with false accusations on me and comments on fsx users which will only draw the discussion further and further away from the topic it was meant to be.
and the people that actually have a brain, and still use FS2004
That is just something to seed an arguement which as you should know... does not belong in this topic
Last edited by Brett-Hill on 14 Jul 2011, 19:57, edited 8 times in total.

esg

Post by esg »

Let's talk about pasta.

I like lasagna.

Brett-Hill

Post by Brett-Hill »

esg wrote:Let's talk about pasta.

I like lasagna.
I prefer a bit of tagliatelle but lasagna will do

esg

Post by esg »

Yum!

thomasAF228

Post by thomasAF228 »

Disapointing ;(

j4cko56

Post by j4cko56 »

Oooft that looks nice!

Jack

md80fan

Post by md80fan »

Still Fs9 is way better. Like Xp. Vista and FSX are the biggest fail in Microsoft's history. Oh and I love Pasta! :)

Brett-Hill

Post by Brett-Hill »

md80fan wrote:Still Fs9 is way better. Like Xp. Vista and FSX are the biggest fail in Microsoft's history. Oh and I love Pasta! :)
lol still people persist in wanting that argument! makes me laugh...
Go make a new topic !

Ghostmaster

Post by Ghostmaster »

Thanks PA team for the freeware,its really great plane though.

Goozer

Post by Goozer »

I like pasta so much that I want it on the PFD.
Good job PA team.

Adriano1243

Post by Adriano1243 »

In my opinion, I liked more the PA gauges

thomasAF228

Post by thomasAF228 »

Is there an FMC in the cockpit ??

Derek Mayer

Post by Derek Mayer »

With the VAS gauges, yes.

Srilanka

Post by Srilanka »

What about the static FMC ( picture) in the pictures release before??

AirNewZealand_A320

Post by AirNewZealand_A320 »

huh?

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

I think you'll seem to be confused..

One is PA's own efforts and gauges.
The other is an integration with VASFMC's features.

They are 2 separate feature sets!

AirNewZealand_A320

Post by AirNewZealand_A320 »

Got that much... at least i know i did.

esg

Post by esg »

Srilanka wrote:What about the static FMC ( picture) in the pictures release before??
That was just that... We replaced it with something functional

Srilanka

Post by Srilanka »

Damn...loved those thing.....could i edit the pannel.cfg to show the static pic instead of a gauge ryt??

esg

Post by esg »

Sure

thomasAF228

Post by thomasAF228 »

New ?? Pictures ??

brad9825

Post by brad9825 »

yes i wonder if those guages on both sides of the upper EICAS are finished or close to completion

deccas1391

Post by deccas1391 »

thomasAF228 wrote:New ?? Pictures ??
If there was any new news, you'd know about it.

Derek Mayer

Post by Derek Mayer »

Made a flight into VHHH earlier, took 2 pics. I'm trying a new setup for the ENB mod but it might be a bit exaggerated. The pics are unedited.

Srilanka

Post by Srilanka »

Pictures look good Derek...How did the flight go.. any bugs??

Spinikker

Post by Spinikker »

That is astonishingly impressive Mr. Mayer! The vc is looking increasingly impressive and has already surpassed the expectations I or anyone could have imagined for it.

I had to read the 'pics unedited' part again to believe it since it looks realistic. Thanks! Looking forward to keeping track of this project. :mrgreen:

deccas1391

Post by deccas1391 »

Looking verrrrry nice!

panoramixer

Post by panoramixer »

VERY VERY NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE......WHEN YOU ARE READY;

Derek Mayer

Post by Derek Mayer »

More, the ENB mod is still a bit overdone I haven't tweaked it yet.

DerKranich

Post by DerKranich »

I'm not sure what made me salivate more, those photos of the virtual cockpit, or that picture of the pasta :?

Aileron

Post by Aileron »

Looking very nice! Any chance for a shot without the ENB mod?

Morhaf

Post by Morhaf »

wait,, what's EMB mod?? is that the light glowing around the windows? If it is, please leave it like this!! :D it looks awesome!! it gives it kindof a cinematic look, which I am fond of 8-)

j4cko56

Post by j4cko56 »

The ENB module has nothing to do with the A380 model at all, it is a general flight simulator extension that adds light and bloom effects.

Jack

mcbellette

Post by mcbellette »

Just wondering if release will occur soon? Can I ask for a projected time when release is hoped to happen by? I don't wanna seem impatient, but I hate flying without a VC and subsequently I haven't touched the A380 since I first downloaded it - sorry.

esg

Post by esg »

mcbellette wrote:Can I ask for a projected time when release is hoped to happen by?
Circa 2011. lol

mcbellette

Post by mcbellette »

Was that an attempt at humour? I ask a serious question and this is what I get - sarcasm... :|

esg

Post by esg »

Well, Im never making a joke again. Fuck it.

We expect it'll be out 'soon' (and you should too if you can put two and two together). We never give out release dates—or 'a projected time when release is hoped to happen by'—'cos people will be asking why's it not out yet if we miss it