A380 Virtual cockpit previews

mcbellette

Re: A380 Virtual cockpit previews

Post by mcbellette »

I hope you never decide to move into the payware market, because with that attitude toward customers, you will not last long at all! I asked a legitimate question and you respond with a childish display of petulance that I would expect from some of the children my wife teaches - grow up and/or get out of FS development if you can't handle straight-forward questions.

esg

Post by esg »

Lighten up mate

Billster8724

Post by Billster8724 »

mcbellette wrote:I hope you never decide to move into the payware market, because with that attitude toward customers, you will not last long at all! I asked a legitimate question and you respond with a childish display of petulance that I would expect from some of the children my wife teaches - grow up and/or get out of FS development if you can't handle straight-forward questions.
:o I dont think you deserve an A380 VC

;)

anels9

Post by anels9 »

please people, keep the silly questions to yourself (read the faqs or see if your q has been asked) and keep the tone down. its exactly these sort of arguements that break up groups like pairbus, some of us here actually are patient and are grateful (not saying you arent but some seem it sometimes) for groups that give such high quality to the community for free. (:

VX320

Post by VX320 »

mcbellette wrote: I asked a legitimate question and you respond with a childish display of petulance that I would expect from some of the children my wife teaches
Lol but you walked right into it bro. It was an epic but yet ordinary non original FAIL.
You should know better than to ask that :P

AirNewZealand_A320

Post by AirNewZealand_A320 »

mcbellette wrote: I asked a legitimate question and you respond with a childish display of petulance that I would expect from some of the children my wife teaches - grow up and/or get out of FS development if you can't handle straight-forward questions.

I think you are in need of growing up yourself mate. Im sure even the kids your wife teaches know how to laugh at a joke. Shows that it is you who needs to leave FS not PA if you cant handle straight-forward jokes.

marf

Post by marf »

mcbellette wrote:I hope you never decide to move into the payware market, because with that attitude toward customers, you will not last long at all!
Well, then there would have to be some very fine companies not existing anymore... Sarkasm and humor are the only possibilities living with those children in the backseat constantly asking "are we there yet?" - unless you prefer to be ignored.

Srilanka

Post by Srilanka »

mcbellette wrote:I hope you never decide to move into the payware market, because with that attitude toward customers.
Well PMDG a highly respected and valued payware group never gives out release deates and they get mad when people ask release dates.......But still they are in the top 10 payware spots...

mcbellette

Post by mcbellette »

In case some of you are wondering, my response wasn't due to the fact that a release date wasn't forthcoming - it was due to the language "esg" used in his/her reply.

esg

Post by esg »

And what language was that? I've already sent you a PM explaining I meant no disrespect to you you've not replied to.

I mean, honestly—are you here to make a fuss? We like our peace and quiet.

Spinikker

Post by Spinikker »

esg wrote:
mcbellette wrote:Can I ask for a projected time when release is hoped to happen by?
Circa 2011. lol
I don't really see anything wrong with that, and I don;t know about anyone else but I had a quick little laugh when I read it. It was only after you had taken offense that any 'language' was used, and even then it was not directed specifically at you or your character. If he says he didn't mean any disrespect, (and even took the trouble to send a PM) then I don't think he meant disrespect. Anyways I won't say too much because I really don't want this to turn out like other threads that started this way and got locked. :mrgreen: Thanks

AF1809

Post by AF1809 »

Hello,

I have some questions about animations of the VC :

- Will it be the same as the 321 VC project? (windows, table, seats...)
- Will the VC be joined to the cabin? If yes, do will 1L and 1R and cockpit door be animated?

Thanks for answering

j4cko56

Post by j4cko56 »

mcbellette you need to grow up...you walked right into it, dates never have and never will be given at PA so whats the point in asking? All you were ever going to get was a sarcy reply, there was no bad language even used lol You are no different to anybody els, they get sarcy replies so do you, especially after tons of people have asked dates for a number of different projects.

But, that said i do hope it is soon :D Keep up the good work guys...

Jack

Nixpilot

Post by Nixpilot »

mcbellete maybe your wife needs to teach you how to behave too, after getting worked up by such a small answer and it wasn't even meant to be disrespectful.
geez you're just pathetic, don't make a fool out of yourself.

Elmar

Post by Elmar »

Please gentlemen, i would like to stay on tropic and read serious answered questions about the A380 Cockpit. Questions like "when is the release" etc. aren't very useful, thats correct but one reply to such a question is enough, i think. Well, we will see the single steps in development of PAirbus's new and marveles virtual A380 cockpit, till the time will come and it will be released! ;)

Best regards!
Elmar

emshomar

Post by emshomar »

The Virtual Cockpit is better than than the payware stuffs. Great work ! I will spend 50€ if it is possible.
Thank you !

emshomar

Post by emshomar »

I have a question:
Will it be compatible with the Saitek Panels :?:
If not is it possible to correct it before the release ?
Thank you ! :!:

THANKS A LOT FOR THE VC !!! THIS IS THE BEST ONE I EVER SAW !!!!

:D

cheangjc

Post by cheangjc »

Are the code in XML or C++ for the gauges.

deccas1391

Post by deccas1391 »

XML I believe.

emshomar

Post by emshomar »

Hello Team !
Will The new A380 have a real system like the APU to start the engines and what ever ?

Sorry of my bad english ! I am from Germany.
Thank you !

sknepper

Post by sknepper »

But hey, on a lighter note, I just want to say that those screenies of Derek look very cool. The PA VC looks even better than the real one (if that's possible) I thought they were photo's. Nice work there guys :).
It will be worth the wait, and if like ESG said in "Circa 2011" a few months at the most will definately be worth the wait :D.

brad9825

Post by brad9825 »

wow i cant for this to release so i can fly it FSDT KLAX!!! :D

emshomar

Post by emshomar »

Hurray !! Follow Pairbus in Twitter. The VC will be realised this month !!

THANK YOU SOW MUCH !! :)

Destructor1337

Post by Destructor1337 »

looking at those shots... looks like you guys brought Airplane P0rn back! Can't wait till release! this could look better than NLS A380!

Billster8724

Post by Billster8724 »

Destructor1337 wrote:looking at those shots... looks like you guys brought Airplane P0rn back! Can't wait till release! this could look better than NLS A380!
The PA external model is definitely the only one which actually 110% represents the actual A380 shape, with the most emphasis of that statement focused on the nose area. The NLS A380 is nice, but the nose area looks off, and the overall appearance doesnt seem quite right. Their VC is incredible, but judging by the shots we have seen in this thread, PA's may very well tie with them, or pull ahead in means of appearance. I just saw the NLS project for the first time, and I'm basing my opinion of them off of that quick promotional video, so I may have a wrong opinion about their model. But I would say overall, PA has the better external (and possibly internal) quality out of any A380 models. As well, the PA A380 is compatible with both FS9 and FSX, which will attract a lot of users away from the NLS, since many simmers still use FS9.

Just my $0.02 :D

Bill

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

The intention was never to take anyone away from anything. It was always about free choice and above all.. it was about making it the absolute best it could be. Comparisons are inevitable, but the aim was always to be simply the best, else it's not worth doing

eddm

Post by eddm »

Hello, this is my first post on PA's forum, and I have to say, I love all of PA's aircrafts so far! :P
I'm really looking forward to the A380 VC - on the screenshots it looks awesome! Thanks PA! :D
I hope we will see many more Buses from PA to come in the future. Your work is highly apreciated.

PS: I love Tagliatelle too ;)

Ghostmaster

Post by Ghostmaster »

Just asking,who design a380 vc and how many of them?

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

who designed? it's a collaboration. Alexis has done a lot of modelling, as have the others.. coding i think Demetris has worked together with Gary.

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

Derek did a lot as well

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Ghostmaster wrote:Just asking,who design a380 vc and how many of them?
6 people from within PA
Model: me
XML: Derek
Base textures: Thanasis & Panos Delizisis and me
Baked textures: Derek
Gauges: Gary, Demetris (many PA gauges were based on Ken Mitchell's A340 panel)
Time to complete: almost 3 years

Phester

Post by Phester »

emshomar wrote:Hurray !! Follow Pairbus in Twitter. The VC will be realised this month !!

THANK YOU SOW MUCH !! :)
Is this confirmed by the developers? If so it's good news!
Verry nice airplane btw, I think you should make it payware, I would easily pay for this one.

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Phester wrote:I think you should make it payware, I would easily pay for this one.
:twisted:

Srilanka

Post by Srilanka »

Alexis wrote:
Phester wrote:I think you should make it payware, I would easily pay for this one.
:twisted:
Nooo...I cant even pay for the PMDG 737NGX how could i pay for this :D

Picias93

Post by Picias93 »

I love Project Airbus and I love this VC. Great Work PAirbus!!! :)

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

We've been working our tails off lately, trying to iron out bugs and improve the cockpit. :D

Apart from the "repairs", here's a look at the VC floodlights, turned on and off with the landing lights. They're just for the looks, but I think they look cool.

ChainChomp2

Post by ChainChomp2 »

Yay!

Srilanka

Post by Srilanka »

@ Alexis...If im correct theres only 1 gauge to go?

esg

Post by esg »

You're not correct no

brad9825

Post by brad9825 »

if i had to guess, id go with 4 or five guages left... am i currect?

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Actually, the backup RMI and brake pressure gauge won't be there, as we couldn't get in touch with the authors to license them.

emshomar

Post by emshomar »

Alexis wrote:Actually, the backup RMI and brake pressure gauge won't be there, as we couldn't get in touch with the authors to license them.
:cry:

AF1809

Post by AF1809 »

Alexis wrote:Actually, the backup RMI and brake pressure gauge won't be there, as we couldn't get in touch with the authors to license them.
Hello,

Does it mean that when you will able to contact them and if they'll authorise the using of their gauges, there'll be an update ?

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Nope. We tried and couldn't do it. You can update the panel.cfg easily, if you follow the instructions found in the cockpit manual's archive. There's a .txt and an image file included in the manual's download, explaining the proccess.

AF1809

Post by AF1809 »

ok, good try...

I'll look at it when I'll be back from China because I can't download from there...

thanks for quick answer