British A321s

b6ifc81
Posts: 46
Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 19:47

Re: British A321s

Post by b6ifc81 » 30 Mar 2011, 23:58

Tom Collins wrote:Instead, I've just completed (pending testing) one more paint no-one had bagged. Same image URL structure as before - hint is that this time there's a silver medal instead of gold and it's been mentioned earlier in this thread.
Woohoo! I was hoping you'd tackle that one. Cheers!

Brett-Hill
Posts: 185
Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 23:01

Re: British A321s

Post by Brett-Hill » 31 Mar 2011, 01:08

Old spirit colours?

User avatar
elwoodjetblues569
Posts: 119
Joined: 28 Nov 2009, 16:30

Re: British A321s

Post by elwoodjetblues569 » 31 Mar 2011, 02:42

Great work on all of these newest repaints Tom. Certainly nice to see the Easyjet A321 being done too. :)
I hope someone from PA will take on the Spirit A321 repaint too.

DerKranich
Posts: 343
Joined: 16 Jul 2009, 22:36

Re: British A321s

Post by DerKranich » 31 Mar 2011, 05:14

elwoodjetblues569 wrote:Great work on all of these newest repaints Tom. Certainly nice to see the Easyjet A321 being done too. :)
I hope someone from PA will take on the Spirit A321 repaint too.
if nobody does Sprit I will. Also I've got SAS planned, and that I am sure not to disappoint on.

Somebody better do LH retro or I'm going to be ticked.

User avatar
Tom Collins
Posts: 265
Joined: 11 Aug 2009, 12:09

Re: British A321s

Post by Tom Collins » 31 Mar 2011, 06:11

See previous page for Spirit. You'll just have to solve the puzzle to see the preview...

esg
Posts: 1582
Joined: 01 Jul 2009, 22:03

Re: British A321s

Post by esg » 31 Mar 2011, 10:59

DerKranich wrote: Somebody better do LH retro or I'm going to be ticked.
Well, we don't want that.

John was gonna do it but couldn't find a font that looked anywhere near the titles

Lufthansa 007

Re: British A321s

Post by Lufthansa 007 » 31 Mar 2011, 17:29

ok Tom, you have some great liverys there !!
but is Aeroflot or Air France on your "list" ??

User avatar
Tom Collins
Posts: 265
Joined: 11 Aug 2009, 12:09

Re: British A321s

Post by Tom Collins » 31 Mar 2011, 18:10

Cheers, Try the method on the previous page to see which one comes up with the ICAO code...

Lufthansa 007

Re: British A321s

Post by Lufthansa 007 » 01 Apr 2011, 12:44

Oh ! :O glad to see Aeroflot !! thanks Tom ;)
BTW: I flew twice on VQ-BEI ^^

EDIT: Are there some more than Aeroflot to search the ICAO codes for ? :)

User avatar
Tom Collins
Posts: 265
Joined: 11 Aug 2009, 12:09

Re: British A321s

Post by Tom Collins » 02 Apr 2011, 07:42

Lufthansa 007 wrote:EDIT: Are there some more than Aeroflot to search the ICAO codes for ? :)
Not yet, perhaps later today...

Lufthansa 007

Re: British A321s

Post by Lufthansa 007 » 02 Apr 2011, 09:04

OK, great ;) just tell me when...
you're a speedpainter !

Thomson522
Posts: 2
Joined: 02 Apr 2011, 18:23

Re: British A321s

Post by Thomson522 » 02 Apr 2011, 18:25

Please do a First Choice Airways livery with CFM engines, :D

jackbb
Posts: 6
Joined: 27 Mar 2011, 01:05

Re: British A321s

Post by jackbb » 02 Apr 2011, 18:42

I actually cannot contain my excitement anymore =D I know you don't do release dates, but one question; longer or not much longer at all now. ;)

The med won't know whats hit it when my Monarch A321 is delivered.

esg
Posts: 1582
Joined: 01 Jul 2009, 22:03

Re: British A321s

Post by esg » 02 Apr 2011, 18:48

jackbb wrote:I actually cannot contain my excitement anymore =D I know you don't do release dates, but one question; longer or not much longer at all now. ;)

The med won't know whats hit it when my Monarch A321 is delivered.
https://twitter.com/#!/projectairbus/st ... 1330899969

airbuspilot
Posts: 17
Joined: 27 Dec 2009, 14:35

Re: British A321s

Post by airbuspilot » 02 Apr 2011, 20:54

Waiting,Waiting Waiting..Good Job Tom and all the team..

FLYPHOENIX
Posts: 200
Joined: 26 Aug 2009, 12:07

Re: British A321s

Post by FLYPHOENIX » 02 Apr 2011, 21:51

Just for the sake of asking, do you have a shot from behind the wing (from cabin), full flaps and spoilers?

User avatar
Tom Collins
Posts: 265
Joined: 11 Aug 2009, 12:09

Re: British A321s

Post by Tom Collins » 02 Apr 2011, 22:30

DerKranich wrote: Somebody better do LH retro or I'm going to be ticked.
"_retro"

;)

jackbb
Posts: 6
Joined: 27 Mar 2011, 01:05

Re: British A321s

Post by jackbb » 02 Apr 2011, 23:53

esg wrote:
jackbb wrote:I actually cannot contain my excitement anymore =D I know you don't do release dates, but one question; longer or not much longer at all now. ;)

The med won't know whats hit it when my Monarch A321 is delivered.
https://twitter.com/#!/projectairbus/st ... 1330899969
:) In that case, I will be checking every day this month!

b6ifc81
Posts: 46
Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 19:47

Re: British A321s

Post by b6ifc81 » 03 Apr 2011, 00:02

Tom Collins wrote:
DerKranich wrote: Somebody better do LH retro or I'm going to be ticked.
"_retro"

;)
Ohhhhh! Oh my. Sometimes, there are no words. Great work tom!

Lufthansa 007

Re: British A321s

Post by Lufthansa 007 » 03 Apr 2011, 10:35

Ok, WOW Tom, the LH paint is awesome !!
But ! there is one issue: all Lufthansa planes have white wings, so the upper side should be white, just search for some wingviews on A.net ;)
Once again, AWESOME :shock: :o

and please please do a "normal" LH paint ^^

esg
Posts: 1582
Joined: 01 Jul 2009, 22:03

Re: British A321s

Post by esg » 03 Apr 2011, 13:25

John is doing the normal LH livery

b6ifc81
Posts: 46
Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 19:47

Re: British A321s

Post by b6ifc81 » 03 Apr 2011, 13:42

Lufthansa 007 wrote:Ok, WOW Tom, the LH paint is awesome !!
But ! there is one issue: all Lufthansa planes have white wings, so the upper side should be white, just search for some wingviews on A.net ;)
Once again, AWESOME :shock: :o

and please please do a "normal" LH paint ^^
As for the retro paint, from photos I saw on airliners.net, it appears that d-airx is the exception when it comes to the wings. I think they are painted to match the the gray belly paint.

User avatar
Tom Collins
Posts: 265
Joined: 11 Aug 2009, 12:09

Re: British A321s

Post by Tom Collins » 03 Apr 2011, 13:52

Don't worry - the wings are white. Screenshots do not necessarily represent the final paint ;)
b6ifc81 wrote:As for the retro paint, from photos I saw on airliners.net, it appears that d-airx is the exception when it comes to the wings. I think they are painted to match the the gray belly paint.
Nope, double-checked and they're white as per the rest of the fleet (see here), and if we're getting nit picky about colours, the retro belly is a dull silver (think typical BMW M5).

DerKranich
Posts: 343
Joined: 16 Jul 2009, 22:36

Re: British A321s

Post by DerKranich » 03 Apr 2011, 18:01

For whatever it's worth, the same thing applies to the SAS A321s. But good to know D-AIRX is not forgotten.

A321
Posts: 67
Joined: 01 Feb 2010, 11:03

Re: British A321s

Post by A321 » 04 Apr 2011, 18:57

Sorry for the question, but when is the Release of the A321 ? :)

futurepil
Posts: 19
Joined: 26 Jun 2010, 10:03

Re: British A321s

Post by futurepil » 04 Apr 2011, 19:03

Sorry to ask, but is anybody planning to paint the Air France A321 (new livery) ? :)
Thanks for any replies!

esg
Posts: 1582
Joined: 01 Jul 2009, 22:03

Re: British A321s

Post by esg » 04 Apr 2011, 19:21

A321 wrote:Sorry for the question, but when is the Release of the A321 ? :)
Seriously?

http://www.pairbus.com/discussion/viewt ... 029#p11029

AegeanA320
Posts: 22
Joined: 08 Jan 2011, 23:09

Re: British A321s

Post by AegeanA320 » 04 Apr 2011, 21:35

A321 wrote:Sorry for the question, but when is the Release of the A321 ? :)
Please, look at the other posts before asking. :|

DerKranich
Posts: 343
Joined: 16 Jul 2009, 22:36

Re: British A321s

Post by DerKranich » 04 Apr 2011, 22:46

A321 wrote:Sorry for the question, but when is the Release of the A321 ? :)
Image

...when it is ready of course

BIGBROWNFLYER
Posts: 9
Joined: 05 Apr 2011, 02:09

Re: British A321s

Post by BIGBROWNFLYER » 05 Apr 2011, 02:11

why is everyone so senstive about the release date, why can't it just be announced?

BIGBROWNFLYER
Posts: 9
Joined: 05 Apr 2011, 02:09

Re: British A321s

Post by BIGBROWNFLYER » 05 Apr 2011, 02:13

nvm the last post OOPS my bad.

esg
Posts: 1582
Joined: 01 Jul 2009, 22:03

Re: British A321s

Post by esg » 05 Apr 2011, 02:22

1- We don't usually give release dates cos we can't keep them. We've not even set one internally

2- You can edit your posts

3- BIGBROWNFLYER... really?

b6ifc81
Posts: 46
Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 19:47

Re: British A321s

Post by b6ifc81 » 05 Apr 2011, 05:33

Tom Collins wrote:Don't worry - the wings are white. Screenshots do not necessarily represent the final paint ;)
b6ifc81 wrote:As for the retro paint, from photos I saw on airliners.net, it appears that d-airx is the exception when it comes to the wings. I think they are painted to match the the gray belly paint.
Nope, double-checked and they're white as per the rest of the fleet (see here), and if we're getting nit picky about colours, the retro belly is a dull silver (think typical BMW M5).
I stand corrected! Although, Tom, I looked pretty hard at that photo you linked. Perhaps it's the shadow of the clouds, but white isn't the first color that comes to mind with D-AIRX...But I'm not the arguing type, and I'm excited either way. Cheers!

User avatar
Tom Collins
Posts: 265
Joined: 11 Aug 2009, 12:09

Re: British A321s

Post by Tom Collins » 05 Apr 2011, 07:22

I should probably clarify - it's not so much that they're painted white, they just don't have the grey strip that's darker than the rest of the wing surface. Effectively Lufthansa wings are a lighter grey but for ease of memory referred to as white.

Daniel
Posts: 2
Joined: 05 Apr 2011, 14:22

Re: British A321s

Post by Daniel » 05 Apr 2011, 15:32

Tom, I'm not sure I got you... Regarding the Lufthansa wings, the mainline aircraft all have the wings painted white, same white as the fuselage, on the top. The bottom is painted the same gray as the belly. It's hard to find photos showing it clearly but you can make i out in photos like this one: http://www.airliners.net/photo/1885392/L/

The horizontal stabs are painted white on both sides.

D-AIRX' wings are the same colour as the belly: gray/silver, both on the top and bottom. This also goes for the horizontal stabs.

Top: http://www.airliners.net/photo/0808284/L/
Bottom: http://www.airliners.net/photo/1784238/L

User avatar
Tom Collins
Posts: 265
Joined: 11 Aug 2009, 12:09

Re: British A321s

Post by Tom Collins » 07 Apr 2011, 07:58

Daniel,

I'm pretty sure the upper wing surfaces are standard Lufthansa:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Lufthans ... 0865889/L/

I think perhaps the canards are a "soft" silver as opposed to grey, much like the fences, but in reality not far off from the standard Lufthansa grey.

User avatar
AirNewZealand_A320
Posts: 235
Joined: 27 Jan 2010, 11:22

Re: British A321s

Post by AirNewZealand_A320 » 07 Apr 2011, 08:15

Tom IS absolutely right. I've studied this aircraft a lot and its clear that Tom's side of the debate is correct.

Brett-Hill
Posts: 185
Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 23:01

Re: British A321s

Post by Brett-Hill » 07 Apr 2011, 08:50

i support the one which is easiest and looks best regardless of the shade of the real thing... ;)

esg
Posts: 1582
Joined: 01 Jul 2009, 22:03

Re: British A321s

Post by esg » 07 Apr 2011, 10:48

The wings are painted silver. They look white in that photo 'cos it's cloudy.

Obvious they're the same colour as the belly here: http://www.planepictures.net/netshow.php?id=973264

User avatar
Tom Collins
Posts: 265
Joined: 11 Aug 2009, 12:09

Re: British A321s

Post by Tom Collins » 07 Apr 2011, 10:51

This is turning into quite a debate...

DT, you got any good source pics?

esg
Posts: 1582
Joined: 01 Jul 2009, 22:03

Re: British A321s

Post by esg » 07 Apr 2011, 10:56

Sorry, edited my post above

User avatar
Tom Collins
Posts: 265
Joined: 11 Aug 2009, 12:09

Re: British A321s

Post by Tom Collins » 07 Apr 2011, 11:20

Good spot. The shine on the flaps on the right wing is a giveaway that it's silver. I'll adjust accordingly...

iberia321
Posts: 22
Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 23:29

Re: British A321s

Post by iberia321 » 07 Apr 2011, 23:32

Where is the Iberia A321 repaint!!!!!!!! Iberia have 20 A321s! so lets see the repaint!

Image

Brett-Hill
Posts: 185
Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 23:01

Re: British A321s

Post by Brett-Hill » 07 Apr 2011, 23:39

iberia321 wrote:Where is the Iberia A321 repaint!!!!!!!! Iberia have 20 A321s! so lets see the repaint!

Image
This is Tom's thread for his repaints, the Iberia Is being done by someones else and that someone can choose if they want to show the previews or not. Personnally Id rather wait so there were more surprizes on the release day (which by the sounds of things should be very soon)

bkircher
Posts: 61
Joined: 05 Feb 2010, 03:27

Re: British A321s

Post by bkircher » 08 Apr 2011, 05:18

Just a question, I cant remember for sure or not, but is someone doing the US Airways new colors?? I know the old colors are being done, just cant remember if the new ones are being done.

anels9
Posts: 133
Joined: 09 Jul 2010, 22:05

Re: British A321s

Post by anels9 » 08 Apr 2011, 08:53

bkircher wrote:Just a question, I cant remember for sure or not, but is someone doing the US Airways new colors?? I know the old colors are being done, just cant remember if the new ones are being done.
Nothing has been mentioned bout the n/c but i know someones done the o/c's, its in the forum on this site somewhere. im sure itll be done either officially or 3p.

Tavers
Posts: 111
Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 10:08

Re: British A321s

Post by Tavers » 12 Apr 2011, 03:10

iberia321 wrote:Where is the Iberia A321 repaint!!!!!!!! Iberia have 20 A321s! so lets see the repaint!

Image
After that outburst it may have made its way to the back of the queue..

FLYPHOENIX
Posts: 200
Joined: 26 Aug 2009, 12:07

Re: British A321s

Post by FLYPHOENIX » 12 Apr 2011, 15:40

Great! i was hoping for an Iberia A321!

iberia321
Posts: 22
Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 23:29

Re: British A321s

Post by iberia321 » 12 Apr 2011, 15:42

hope we can have Iberia screenshots as soon as possible....also we want to fly the bird as soon!!!!!!!!!!!

deccas1391
Posts: 55
Joined: 08 Dec 2009, 05:21

Re: British A321s

Post by deccas1391 » 12 Apr 2011, 16:00

iberia321 wrote:hope we can have Iberia screenshots as soon as possible....also we want to fly the bird as soon!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes that is evident. A simple "please" can go a long way.

Post Reply