Moving on, part 5

Tranceaddict

Re: Moving on, part 5

Post by Tranceaddict »

Ok. We or rather I think this thread has officially served it's purpose. Time to put it all to rest.

esg

Post by esg »

Reopened cos the lock icon was a bummer

:geek:

Sam Millar

Post by Sam Millar »

esg wrote:Reopened cos the lock icon was a bummer

:geek:
ahaha sure sure ;)

wow2010

Post by wow2010 »

it will be soon im shure there tired and wore out

Sam Millar

Post by Sam Millar »

wow2010 wrote:it will be soon im shure there tired and wore out
Tweets suggest they just have the liveries to pack :)

wow2010

Post by wow2010 »

cool so it wont: be long :D

CngDelta757

Post by CngDelta757 »

:shock: :shock: :shock: i cant wait anymore....

NoseGear

Post by NoseGear »

People need to stop saying "OMG I CANT WAIT ANYMORE" because the PA guys have been working on this for around 2 years (if i'm correct) and I have been following from day 1! I think the PA guys can't wait for this to be released so you all hush for a bit while they work on the VC.

Thanks guys for comitting such a long time to the project and being the best that you can!

DerKranich

Post by DerKranich »

NoseGear wrote:People need to stop saying "OMG I CANT WAIT ANYMORE" because the PA guys have been working on this for around 2 years (if I'm correct) and I have been following from day 1! I think the PA guys can't wait for this to be released so you all hush for a bit while they work on the VC.

Thanks guys for committing such a long time to the project and being the best that you can!
Agreed. All the spamming of people being anxious is getting old.

Quantum.Byte

Post by Quantum.Byte »

Wow... finaly the beast will released.. :D
i'm really happy.. great work pairbus... :)

chriswallace83

Post by chriswallace83 »

Really looking forward to finally flying an accurate 380 in FS.

When you say 'wingview model only' at first stage, does that mean it will include only a 2D panel, or no panel?

Cheers, and keep up the great work

esg

Post by esg »

We're not releasing a 2D panel at any point

lordsniper

Post by lordsniper »

esg wrote:We're not releasing a 2D panel at any point
so there won't be any navigation panel at first in the wingview model but only in the future vc model :?: :D
Last edited by lordsniper on 15 Apr 2010, 14:42, edited 1 time in total.

sknepper

Post by sknepper »

This will be the beginning of the next step in creativity. Someone creative will then make a 2D panel and make a good sound package for the A380. Let's be creative, should I say. :D :D

chriswallace83

Post by chriswallace83 »

Well regardless, Im looking forward to both the PA and NLS 380's. There's pro's and con's to both. the PA (correct me if I'm wrong) will not feature either a 2d model nor a full sound pack, am I right? On the plus side, it is a highly realistic and detailed model, and it's freeware. The NLS Model (still in the works) will be a full, highly detailed and realistic model with full panels (taken directly from 380 maps) and full working highly realistic systems plus a full sound package (that I know of). The drawback is that it is payware.

Personally, I'm planning on getting both. ;)

Keep up the great work PA

esg

Post by esg »

The NLS Model (still in the works) will be a full, highly detailed and realistic model
Well, that's news to me.

marf

Post by marf »

esg wrote:
The NLS Model (still in the works) will be a full, highly detailed and realistic model
Well, that's news to me.
:D Indeed, they should put some work into that!

Sam Millar

Post by Sam Millar »

On short final, just got to wrap up the liveries -esg
Am I right in thinking that the liveries just need to be finished and then the work is over?

esg

Post by esg »

Yup

Sam Millar

Post by Sam Millar »

sweeet :]

Movieman162

Post by Movieman162 »

Just release a white textured a380 then we will be satisfied ;)

Sam Millar

Post by Sam Millar »

Movieman162 wrote:Just release a white textured a380 then we will be satisfied ;)
and then everyone will get bored and ask where the liveries are? I'd rather wait and have it released with Tom and esg's paints than none at all. We've waited nearly two years or more for this, so an extra week or something wont hurt much more ;)

edit: October 3rd it originated :)

Movieman162

Post by Movieman162 »

I meant so the textures were not holding the release back.

esg

Post by esg »

The textures are PART of the release

Vee One

Post by Vee One »

esg wrote:...

The textures are PART of the release

Way to go!

Happy landings!

Vee One

chriswallace83

Post by chriswallace83 »

esg wrote:
Well, that's news to me.
No disrespect, but will the PA model eventually feature a full 2D and Virtual cockpit with all systems and flight envelopes modeled and implemented along with a full soundpackage?

If you answered no to any of the above, then I will be using PA until NLS is available.

Again I mean no disrespect, but the NLS team has also been working very hard on their product. And the reason it is taking so long is so that they can enhance the quality and realism of the model so that they can release the package in one go. They don't want to follow the AirSimmer "basic" and "advanced" path.

esg

Post by esg »

I was talking about the exterior.

xparamorex316

Post by xparamorex316 »

chriswallace83 wrote:
esg wrote:
Well, that's news to me.
No disrespect, but will the PA model eventually feature a full 2D and Virtual cockpit with all systems and flight envelopes modeled and implemented along with a full soundpackage?

If you answered no to any of the above, then I will be using PA until NLS is available.

Again I mean no disrespect, but the NLS team has also been working very hard on their product. And the reason it is taking so long is so that they can enhance the quality and realism of the model so that they can release the package in one go. They don't want to follow the AirSimmer "basic" and "advanced" path.
You know there was really no reason for that comment because it seems rather insulting to the PA team who spent countless hours working on this project and then on top of that being nice enough to distribute their pauware worthy products as freeware and get nothing in return. You should just not say anything at all if you have nothing good to say.

esg

Post by esg »

Well, he was making his point. I didn't feel insulted.

lordsniper

Post by lordsniper »

chriswallace83 wrote:
esg wrote:
Well, that's news to me.

do you really think that if you gave Pairbus the advanced technical informations of the a380 and the sound package taken on the field, the a380 will still be ''basic'' but they need money for this informations.
You cannot go on forums and begin telling freewares developpers that their (7 months developpement) model is just a little waiting airplane for the nls a380.
If your not satisfied regarding their work go on the nls forum...

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

Oh look, patriots :D

Movieman162

Post by Movieman162 »

The project airbus certainly isnt just a waiting model for me, ive been looking forward for a realistic A380 model for several months now, not just a replacement. Im my eyes this model is in a league of its own for freeware and always will be.

Vee One

Post by Vee One »

chriswallace83 wrote:
esg wrote:
Well, that's news to me.

No disrespect for NLS, but after looking at their exterior model, I believe PA's one is a MUCH better done than NLS's (and that's an understatement!). I am not going to talk about the VC because I haven't seen PA's yet but I am sure visually it'll be stunning.
About the sounds, just go to Flightsim or Avsim and download a RR Trent 800 sound and you'll be set for wonderful flights. The RR 800 sound is very similar to the Trent 900 so you'll be fine.
About the 2D panel: I don't care too much for them because I like flying realistically, not in a 2D world. Nothing beats a 3D virtual flightdeck! ;)

Happy flying!

Vee One

chriswallace83

Post by chriswallace83 »

Woah, woah people please. I was in no way disrespecting PA or their hard work on this model. I am looking forward to this 380 as much as anyone is. I was merely saying that the NLS version is supposed to be just as good a model with more systems and items implemented. The NLS model that you all have seen was no where near as good as PA's model...wouldn't stand a chance. It has now been confirmed that their model has been completely re-done and is now more comparable to PA's brilliant realism.

That said, I apologize if I offended anyone, that certainly was not my intention. I was merely stating a fact that both models are worthy of looking at. Personally I will be getting both. I'd like to support PA as much as I can, and I thank them for the hard work they have been putting into developing a long awaited 380 model

wow2010

Post by wow2010 »

how stupid can yall be yall are going to miss this project up big time plase shut up

Movieman162

Post by Movieman162 »

chriswallace83 wrote:Woah, woah people please. I was in no way disrespecting PA or their hard work on this model. I am looking forward to this 380 as much as anyone is. I was merely saying that the NLS version is supposed to be just as good a model with more systems and items implemented. The NLS model that you all have seen was no where near as good as PA's model...wouldn't stand a chance. It has now been confirmed that their model has been completely re-done and is now more comparable to PA's brilliant realism.

That said, I apologize if I offended anyone, that certainly was not my intention. I was merely stating a fact that both models are worthy of looking at. Personally I will be getting both. I'd like to support PA as much as I can, and I thank them for the hard work they have been putting into developing a long awaited 380 model
Look the PA A380 is brilliant in every way and the NLS model is brilliant in every way BUT its payware. So appreciate both equally. Nobody is disrespecting PA. Agreed?

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

ok everybody, we've had everyone's opinion & i think everyone has had a fair share of their explaining done.

I've had a very very very bad week personally & its already cost me a lot of time that was planned for the A380. Unfortunately it's not something i can just snap out of either. What that means is that it has robbed even more free time away from the project.

Given Derek's schedule, DT's studies in college, Alexis's exams & studies, Tom's job & other FS payware work commitments etc... my personal setback has only added to the already short time in the group.

The last thing i want is some idiotic war breaking out on the forums & given that there's no lack of trouble making monkeys who troll FS community forums, I dont want any fkin trouble with any fkin group or some stupid ball bashing going on. I wont let that happen on my watch.

So really... do us all a big favour and just drop this argument. NOW.

and no, please... dont post any wise ass comments either (OR some lame fkin smileys) on my tone in this post... because you'll really dont wanna mess with me this week, AND the next...

esg

Post by esg »

Sheldon's going through a bit of a rough patch and might have slightly overreacted. No one's getting hurt—promise! :D

It's all right if you want to continue the discussion.

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

*In low voice, looking down, and playing slowly with left foot*

Well Sheldon, even though this might sound stupid, well, you have my support. The most fun part of a project is its ups and downs and well, everybody can have them no?

Thanks, this was just a "side-note"

Regards

Movieman162

Post by Movieman162 »

Of course every aviation project has it's ups and downs.. Forgive the joke but I must say you guys. Did excellent with the a320 family and you are doing even better with this and I cannot wait to get hands on with the brilliant result

chriswallace83

Post by chriswallace83 »

Well I didn't mean to start a "'war' of the Roses"....guess I shouldn't be a politician eh? :P

How be we just focus on PA's progress? god knows that won't hurt anyone here :)

lordsniper

Post by lordsniper »

I don't know how the american exams work (french system for me), but good chance to alexis and DT (who stands for...?) whatever your problems are sheldon, take as many time as you want... :)

esg

Post by esg »

Haha, I'm not American. I'm studying in the UK and Alexis in Greece

DerKranich

Post by DerKranich »

Take your time, people. I have plenty to keep me occupied, and I like surprises anyways.

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

This is EXACTLY why i wanted you guys to stop this ..

http://nextlevel.wepax.com/forum/viewto ... p=588#p588

So Chris.. should you honestly be warned for trying to stoke a fire?? From the looks of it, you've successfully managed to get official NLS members buy into your ploy.

You wont have it so easy here.

Sam Millar

Post by Sam Millar »

The only thing that impresses me about the NLS is the detail of the pilots :lol:

Either way guys, take your time and sort out your personal issues first. Like I said, we've waited long enough now, so that extra bit longer wont do us any harm.

DerKranich

Post by DerKranich »

Sam Millar wrote:We've waited long enough now, so that extra bit longer wont do us any harm.
Agreed 110%.. Not that I don't give a damn about the A380 as I highly respect the amount that everyone working on it has been through, but I currently have more important things in my life at the moment that I'm more excited about than the A380. I have finals in about a week, and will be an uncle for the first time by the end of the month. The fact that finals help shape my future, and being an uncle is more or less like being a dad, just less midnight feeding and diaper changing (or so my uncle himself has said) is more characteristic of my life than painting a few A380s for everyone's enjoyment.

So once i get past this patch of mixed emotions of excitement and and nervousness, I should be ready for the A380. Apart from that, I've got an A320 or two to bang out on to Avsim to help retain my sanity (or lack thereof). ;)

As for the NLS A380, I have followed it, but I like the philosophy of the freeware that PA is making, for it encourages development of additional things in the community to make the A380 better (i.e. panels, soundsets, etc.)

lordsniper

Post by lordsniper »

esg wrote:Haha, I'm not American. I'm studying in the UK and Alexis in Greece
sorry I thought you studied in the Usa . your summer holidays start when :) ?

"to which one of the PA people replied "that is news to me"....pffft. Okay so PA is a reputable developer and makes good products, but they should be a little bit more open to their competition. "
NLS developpers are nice and doesn't want at all to start a fight they even admitted that pa's external models are (as always for me ;) ) nearly perfect, but I seriously think that they have their own cards too (gauges, advanced system,..).

your starting a war for nothing...between talented enthusiast freewares developpers and serious hard-working payware dev....in a word your a little never-satisfied jerk sitting on his chair with his pizza and beer complaining on both sides and degrading P.A's name. Do you realise that if they were more jerks like you the fs community wouldn't even existed. STOP this right now I'm ""on the pairbus side"" that's my right and the minimum is to respect both side's hard work (and i think they're really fed up of this).

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

Demetris (aka DT) has always drawn flak for his own personal opinion.

& It's always been two faced people who play both sides that seem to be drawn to misusing statements by 1 member as policy statements from the group & successfully portraying that image to people who would naturally have a problem with it.

In this case, Demetris may be an official member of Project Airbus but that does not mean he is NOT entitled to his own personal opinion. It does not give anyone & should definitely not give anyone the impression that the rest of Project Airbus has endorsed it as a group statement. Yet that is exactly what seems have been the case with one 2 faced doofus playing both sides against the other by ratlling up general members on our forums & making one sided comments on the other.

It's the same with everything else.. sports for example will have their team members say they're better than the opposition. How is that bad? But does that mean that it is endorsed by everyone? Or that he's being "dismissive" of the rest?

Anyways i knew this would happen & I just have to say if people wanna amuse themselves by bickering & playing monkey games, they can. We dont have time for these idiotic things & time (whatever is left of it) is better spent on our work left to do.

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Topic locked. Sheldon's right, keep your opinion to yourself, or if expressed, don't flame on others (whether PA, NLS, POSkt e.t.c.).