Moving on, part 5

Thickfog

Re: Moving on, part 5

Post by Thickfog »

Just a question , will be avalaible both FS9 and FSX native models(in similar way to the A318,A319 and A320) or just the FS9 native model?Anyway great work, it is wonderful, and I can't wait to paint it!

esg

Post by esg »

FS9 only.

Rui Cristina

Post by Rui Cristina »

I looooooooove FS9...:)

Thickfog

Post by Thickfog »

Me too...I use both FS9 and FSX...

Vee One

Post by Vee One »

Dear Project Airbus crew,

It has been a :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o factor to find you existing again while I was installing NL2000 v3 in my computer. I found you because I believed you'd be back one day... And that turned out to be a wonderful reality!
I am amazed on how talented people like you can do such a whale in such a perfect manner for free!

To say that the A380 is looking wonderful is a big understatement... I have no words for it! Thanks for your work and hope one day to enjoy flying it across the globe!

Andreu

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

Many Thanks Andreu... hopefully it shouldnt be too long

Mike74722

Post by Mike74722 »

not to make the team rush or anything, but do you think that the a380 will be released before March 27th? (VATSIM Cross the pond!)

fsxfan

Post by fsxfan »

On the 28th I will see this bird in Zurich :D !Would be a nice releasedate! :lol:

Cheers Conrad

Movieman162

Post by Movieman162 »

Or perhaps the 19th??? Its my birthday! :D perhaps i could get a little preview version as a pressie? Will accept unfinished because it still looks great! And besides i could test its functionality in fsx sp2+acc

DerKranich

Post by DerKranich »

People people. Everybody at Project Airbus knows they announce something major with the A380 whenever I happen to be out of town. It is not intentional, but it is simply pure coincidence.

Let me demonstrate:

Aug 2008 = A380 project announced (on vacation at my cabin in northern Michigan) :D

Jan 2009 = A380 project unofficially halted (on vacation in North Carolina)

April 2009 = A380 project officially halted (in Tennessee for a wedding) :(

Nov 2009 = A380 project resumed (in Indiana for Thanksgiving) :o :D

I would have boarded that bus to Chicago about two weeks ago to determine the fate of the project for better or for worse, but nope.

Given that I will be on a plane to North Carolina in three weeks, expect something major to be announced then. Now don't ask me questions while I intently look into my crystal ball!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

N121WW

Post by N121WW »

No FSX :cry:

Please forgive me I respect the developers desision regarding FS9/FSX.

FSX is the end of the line for Flight simmers. I personally gave my FS9 copy to a neighboring Child who is Autistic but taken some interest in Flight. I am saddened to see that FSX is still regarded and Public enemy Number 1!

I realize that not all people have the computer resources to run it. I myself cannot run it at full capacity without major lag. However I can run it just as I did FS9 with medium settings.

FSX users are quite literally thrown overboard when it comes to freeware. FS9 was a great sim but why such discrimination against one product?

Again I am quite saddened by this decision even though I do respect the Authors decision. This model looks truer than does the Wilco A380. :cry:

Please give us FSX users some Feedback, I'd love to fly the A380 in FSX otherwise I can only look elsewhere for other add-on aircraft.

Kindest Regards,

N121WW

p.s just to avoid conflict again this is not a rant, and I do respect the developers decision to go FS9 only, but I just want to add my own opinion and see by what means FSX will not be included. :D

deccas1391

Post by deccas1391 »

Just a quick question:

When the Project Airbus A380 was continued in November 09, how much of the project was continued and what was formed from scratch?

Thanks

esg

Post by esg »

Uuum... it works fine in FSX.
When the Project Airbus A380 was continued in November 09, how much of the project was continued and what was formed from scratch?
Why would we do anything from scratch?
Given that I will be on a plane to North Carolina in three weeks, expect something major to be announced then.
In three weeks, you say?

deccas1391

Post by deccas1391 »

esg wrote:
Why would we do anything from scratch?

Not sure - I assumed that after the project had been halted things may have been deleted or re-done once it had been continued.

esg

Post by esg »

Fair enough—nope, we just continued from where we had left.

DerKranich

Post by DerKranich »

esg wrote:
Given that I will be on a plane to North Carolina in three weeks, expect something major to be announced then.
In three weeks, you say?
It's a bit of an inside joke between me and a few others (including Alex). Though the timing of everything is too funny to not consider it a coincidence.

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

yeah well... i think il be running out of my own personal free time before 3 weeks... so yea maybe you could be on to something ;)

but all said and done... we could be getting close.. just how close is something we havent started to put a timeline to.

esg

Post by esg »

DerKranich wrote:
esg wrote:
In three weeks, you say?
It's a bit of an inside joke between me and a few others (including Alex). Though the timing of everything is too funny to not consider it a coincidence.
Well, I think you might be onto something...

Movieman162

Post by Movieman162 »

Either that or you are just messing with us, but i do hope its true :D

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

knowing DT.. he's definitely fkin with you'll :P

iheart707

Post by iheart707 »

Well said N121WW. I was hoping someone would state this.

One thing I thought you might have forgotten to add; if it is a true FSX model it will have the same frame rates as the default FSX airplanes (generally). So the arguement that airplanes are not being built for the sim just because no one can ever get good frame rates, is a lie and a bluff. Besides, isn't it time that people have left the dinosors (Pentium 4's and Celeron D's) and head up to the i5's and i7's? Let me finish with a qoute from good ol' Teddy, "If you build it they will come".

esg

Post by esg »

We never claimed frames to be a concern, so I'm not quite sure where you're coming from.

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

dont mistake personal opinions for Group statements.

PA simply does not have the expertise to build a complete package for FSX. I hope that sets the record straight once and for all and on an "at the moment" basis.

iheart707

Post by iheart707 »

esg wrote:We never claimed frames to be a concern, so I'm not quite sure where you're coming from.
Not Project Airbus, but other independent makers of FSX aircraft who do not have the knowledge on how to make the polygon count stremlined and practicly usable in the FSX enviorment.

ricko

Post by ricko »

My first post with you guys.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for the up and coming release of the A380.
You can just see the hard work that has gone into her.
Just a few questions if you don't mind
(1) will the release have the VC included or will that happen afterwards?
(2) How accurate is the FDE ?
(3) Any chance for another screenie before release ?

Thanks Guys,
FANTASTIC WORK :D

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

ricko wrote: Just a few questions if you don't mind
(1) will the release have the VC included or will that happen afterwards?
(2) How accurate is the FDE ?
(3) Any chance for another screenie before release ?
1) Afterwards
2) As accurate as we could, according to the info at hand

NoseGear

Post by NoseGear »

Hey,

Did you guys get the information you were looking for in the end?

Faris

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

NoseGear wrote:Hey,

Did you guys get the information you were looking for in the end?

Faris
not completely. Trust me.. the whole package has a LOT more room to improve. And if we were really lucky to have received the info we require, i'd have to honestly say that we'd have easily been on a payware map.

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

Hey lordsniper,
Don`t get me wrong, but, don`t you think that your links were obvious? Apart from that, Dimitris already wrote that they have everything in the public domain. Was written at the information required - specific.
esg wrote:We know how to Google search, Atomic, and we already have what's available in the public domain.
so......
Last edited by GaryG on 10 Mar 2010, 18:03, edited 1 time in total.

DerKranich

Post by DerKranich »

PAIRBUSBEST wrote:Hey lordsniper,
Don`t get me wrong, but, don`t you think that your links were obvious? Apart from that, Dimitris already wrote that they have everything in the public domain. Was written at the information required - specific.
esg wrote:We know how to Google search, Atomic, and we already have what's available in the public domain.
so......
Agreed. The A380 is going to be released shortly, so you guys are just spinning wheels on the matter.

Vee One

Post by Vee One »

Errr... No more screen shots of that whale? 8-)

esg

Post by esg »

Vee One wrote:Errr... No more screen shots of that whale? 8-)
No

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

Nope.. right now there's something more important that's taking up our time than screenshots.

NoseGear

Post by NoseGear »

I would love to know what that is, but i'm not expecting to find out! I'm hoping to myself that it'll be released by 1st April (BTW a harsh April fool's day joke can be played) because my 2 week holidays start so I can spend some time flying this bird!

Anyway... have fun working on it! :P
Faris

EDIT: Just realised every sentence ended in a "!" Sorry :P

Vee One

Post by Vee One »

Vee One wrote:Errr... No more screen shots of that whale? 8-)
I kind of wrote that more to see if you were alive... didn't hear from you folks for some days... ;) I wasn't exactly expecting you had more shots...

Thanks for the time you are giving for this project. I know it'll be a great success!

Happy landings!

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

well when there's something we feel we should let you guys know about, we post it. It's been that way since day 1. We're not out to grab people's attention or eyeballs 24x7.

It's been quiet lately because the issue that's plaguing the A380 development is significant enough to delay release & we're just struggling to get a bullseye on the timeline to that. It was not a problem initially however somewhere along the line the parameters seem to have thrown this out of whack a bit & we're not too happy about it.

Besides nothing has changed on the exterior model and thats as good as it has been. The model has already been frozen & there's nothing new to show with the screens. The different liveries will have their screenies at launch for sure, but right now there's just no point for us to focus on that when we have a far more significant problem to address.

So yea we are alive.. just working behind the scenes

Vee One

Post by Vee One »

Sorry for the bother. Thanks again for your dedication.

deccas1391

Post by deccas1391 »

I don't want to seem desperate, but what kind of problem is it?

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

FDE characteristics relating to the Autopilot stability

sinsnowman

Post by sinsnowman »

Hi! I just check your website recently and I discovered a brand new website with my "most-wanted-aircraft" being the backgroud! I checked out the vids and it looks very great, I hope that you can get the FDE problem solved and to unleash the beast ;) Keep your good work!

CngDelta757

Post by CngDelta757 »

Hey! Im getting very Excited over the probably near release of the A380! Its been very quiet lately and I hope to not be a pain in your A$$, but how is it going so far (Near release, a bit of bugs, etc.) thanks a lot! ;)

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

quiet?? hardly..

we've been on facebook & twitter almost every third day.. look us up.

twitter : @projectairbus

Movieman162

Post by Movieman162 »

Whats the max time now until release??? I know you dont like giving deadlines but waiting is becoming really painfull.

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

pop 2 of these... in about 200ml of H2O.. works rather well for general aches & pains : http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100000815.html

then again.. do consult your GP before taking any of our advice seriously..

Movieman162

Post by Movieman162 »

Seriously... how long???

esg

Post by esg »

Movieman162

Post by Movieman162 »

Never mind...

GaryG