[rFactor] Formula 1

Forum rules
You need to upload your pics and clips off-site. Do NOT use ImageShack OR Photobucket, please.
Sam Millar

[rFactor] Formula 1

Post by Sam Millar »

Well I guess you're allowed to post other screenshots here as well as Flight Sim so I thought I would share with you some of my rFactor F1 shots.

Cheers for looking in!

GaryG

Re: [rFactor] Formula 1

Post by GaryG »

I appreciate them, simply stunning, look where we were able to get today :)

sknepper

Post by sknepper »

Nice to see another dimension. And the details are great!

elwoodjetblues569

Post by elwoodjetblues569 »

Nice screenshots! I got a kick out the F1 Red Bull and the "Born a Bull" sign! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom Collins

Post by Tom Collins »

Great shots Sam! I'm becoming a bit of an rFactor nut myself in the last few months...

[youtube]aLoxmVhTNSI[/youtube]

Not really got the hang of getting the most out of the mods though yet.

Sam Millar

Post by Sam Millar »

Crackin' lap Tom!

Cheers gents :)

Thickfog

Post by Thickfog »

Nice lap! Anyway by now I'm foused on flight simming :D

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

what game is this?? im quite an avid and old follower of F1 myself but i sorely miss the old F1 games for PC.

The last games for F1 werent released for PC.. FAIL!

lookin forward to the codemasters stuff but thats still a long way off till it gets out

Tom Collins

Post by Tom Collins »

rFactor's a bit like the driving equivalent of FS - the basic stock software doesn't come with much but there's a large community that produces freeware "mods" for a whole variety of racing types / seasons / cars / tracks - I'll let Sam expand more on that since I've only had the sim since Jan.

I've got a basic Logitech wheel and pedals which I'm quite pleased with - rFactor itself has a very good physics engine and is very often the basis for the full sims that F1 teams use for driver training and car development.

http://www.rfactor.net/

Sam Millar

Post by Sam Millar »

Tranceaddict wrote:what game is this?? im quite an avid and old follower of F1 myself but i sorely miss the old F1 games for PC.

The last games for F1 werent released for PC.. FAIL!

lookin forward to the codemasters stuff but thats still a long way off till it gets out
Tom's right! rFactor is used by alot of real F1 teams including Red Bull and a few others. The game, if you haven't picked up already is rFactor :P and like Tom said, from the base up it's pretty rubbish however it can be modded quite heavily (and easily!) to look quite decent like you see in my screenshots, that's addon tracks, cars, and sky textures.

If you want any more information just let me know and I'll be happy to kit you out with some good stuff to get you on your way.

I think Codemasters 2010 is something to look forward to, and they insist they've given the physics with some detail with ex-F1 & Brawn test driver 09' Anthony Davidson giving a helping hand. We'll see how it goes :)

Thickfog

Post by Thickfog »

Wow a driving simulator customizable and "third party devolopers"open like Flight simulator?

Inbreker

Post by Inbreker »

I've just downloaded the demo and that sucked quite badly in my opinion. All though the screenshots here look really good.

Sam Millar

Post by Sam Millar »

Inbreker wrote:I've just downloaded the demo and that sucked quite badly in my opinion. All though the screenshots here look really good.
It's very much like FS9 and FSX by default until you start modding it.

Inbreker

Post by Inbreker »

Ok. Thanks for the info. I'll take a look at it later.

Sam Millar

Post by Sam Millar »

You can watch my quick lap of Monaco here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMOSghcjyeY