Good A330 or B767?

Post Reply
User avatar
J.Lauer
Posts: 29
Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 00:05

Good A330 or B767?

Post by J.Lauer » 12 Mar 2011, 22:28

Hello all, I have been wondering if any of you simmers have been using an A330 or 767 that lives up to how the A380 handles.

I have tried the CLS A330 but I never liked the way it flew, and it was buggy.

I have tried several 767's that were payware and freeware, but they have different problems.

Just looking for a good and solid plane.

Thanks,

John :)

David Anderson
Posts: 41
Joined: 09 May 2010, 22:04

Re: Good A330 or B767?

Post by David Anderson » 12 Mar 2011, 22:34

The one you make?

Brett-Hill
Posts: 185
Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 23:01

Re: Good A330 or B767?

Post by Brett-Hill » 12 Mar 2011, 22:55

FSX or FS9 . the reaso I ask is that Thomas Ruths A330 is a dream to fly however its an fsx model to may not work with fs9

User avatar
J.Lauer
Posts: 29
Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 00:05

Re: Good A330 or B767?

Post by J.Lauer » 12 Mar 2011, 23:01

Brett-Hill wrote:FSX or FS9 . the reaso I ask is that Thomas Ruths A330 is a dream to fly however its an fsx model to may not work with fs9
I use FSX. :) I'll look up his A330. Thanks!

EDIT: Also, thanks for the fast reply!

Kurosaki
Posts: 75
Joined: 19 Oct 2010, 02:28

Re: Good A330 or B767?

Post by Kurosaki » 13 Mar 2011, 03:50

I'm down with the Open sky 330/340's...not bad for free...not knock your socks off amazing. But they have VC's and a wide array of paints have been made.

User avatar
iheart707
Posts: 189
Joined: 07 Mar 2010, 22:39

Re: Good A330 or B767?

Post by iheart707 » 13 Mar 2011, 05:20

The best 767, is still the LVL-D. Captain sim however, (for how shiny and detailed the plane is) is really not that great for the high price.


The LVL-D 767-300
http://www.leveldsim.com/sevensix_home.asp

anels9
Posts: 133
Joined: 09 Jul 2010, 22:05

Re: Good A330 or B767?

Post by anels9 » 13 Mar 2011, 07:02

SkySpirit2010's 767v5 is the best freeware and is even better than some payware.

MUSTANG
Posts: 46
Joined: 02 Jul 2010, 03:28

Re: Good A330 or B767?

Post by MUSTANG » 13 Mar 2011, 07:20

Thomas Ruths A330's and 340's hands down the best ;) :geek: ;)

User avatar
J.Lauer
Posts: 29
Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 00:05

Re: Good A330 or B767?

Post by J.Lauer » 13 Mar 2011, 23:29

Thanks everyone for the replies! I have decided to download Thomas's Ruth A330/A340 and it is amazing. I do have two questions though;
Has anyone managed to add the coordinates for the jetway?

Anyone know of any good liveries??

Thank you!

John :)

Brett-Hill
Posts: 185
Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 23:01

Re: Good A330 or B767?

Post by Brett-Hill » 14 Mar 2011, 00:37

A330-300

[exits]
number_of_exits = 4
exit_rate.0 = 0.4, 69.186, -8.268, 3.255, 0 ;Percent per second
exit_rate.1 = 0.04, -56.445, 7.497, -4.905, 1 ;Percent per second
exit_rate.2 = 0.4, -28.803, -8.540, -3.868, 2 ;Percent per second
exit_rate.3 = 0.4, -28.803, -8.540, -3.868, 2 ;Percent per second

A340-300

[exits]
number_of_exits = 4
exit.0 = 0.4, 68.87, -6.0, 6.5, 0 ;Percent per second
exit.1 = 0.04, -66.35, 7.497, -4.905, 1 ;Percent per second
exit.2 = 0.4, -28.803, -8.540, -3.868, 2 ;Percent per second
exit.3 = 0.4, -28.803, -8.540, -3.868, 2 ;Percent per second

A340-600

[exits]
number_of_exits = 4
exit.0 = 0.4, 92.860, -6.0, 6.5, 0 ;Percent per second
exit.1 = 0.04, -79.193, 7.497, -4.905, 1 ;Percent per second
exit.2 = 0.4, -28.803, -8.540, -3.868, 2 ;Percent per second
exit.3 = 0.4, -28.803, -8.540, -3.868, 2 ;Percent per second

A321flyer
Posts: 152
Joined: 04 Feb 2010, 02:45

Re: Good A330 or B767?

Post by A321flyer » 14 Mar 2011, 00:58

I really want the Thomas Ruth model, but I have FS9, that really is disappointing, big time. The only A330 models in FS9 seemingly come close to what an A330 looks like. The CLS model does, but it has many bugs, so I completely stay away from it. The overland model has a nice VC and good model, but lacks a lot of fine details. And the POSKY A330/340 seems a bit old now?

I would like to know if Thomas Ruth is making a version for FS9.

User avatar
J.Lauer
Posts: 29
Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 00:05

Re: Good A330 or B767?

Post by J.Lauer » 14 Mar 2011, 02:34

Brett-Hill wrote:A330-300

[exits]
number_of_exits = 4
exit_rate.0 = 0.4, 69.186, -8.268, 3.255, 0 ;Percent per second
exit_rate.1 = 0.04, -56.445, 7.497, -4.905, 1 ;Percent per second
exit_rate.2 = 0.4, -28.803, -8.540, -3.868, 2 ;Percent per second
exit_rate.3 = 0.4, -28.803, -8.540, -3.868, 2 ;Percent per second

A340-300

[exits]
number_of_exits = 4
exit.0 = 0.4, 68.87, -6.0, 6.5, 0 ;Percent per second
exit.1 = 0.04, -66.35, 7.497, -4.905, 1 ;Percent per second
exit.2 = 0.4, -28.803, -8.540, -3.868, 2 ;Percent per second
exit.3 = 0.4, -28.803, -8.540, -3.868, 2 ;Percent per second

A340-600

[exits]
number_of_exits = 4
exit.0 = 0.4, 92.860, -6.0, 6.5, 0 ;Percent per second
exit.1 = 0.04, -79.193, 7.497, -4.905, 1 ;Percent per second
exit.2 = 0.4, -28.803, -8.540, -3.868, 2 ;Percent per second
exit.3 = 0.4, -28.803, -8.540, -3.868, 2 ;Percent per second
I love you. Thanks!

User avatar
J.Lauer
Posts: 29
Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 00:05

Re: Good A330 or B767?

Post by J.Lauer » 14 Mar 2011, 02:37

A321flyer wrote:I really want the Thomas Ruth model, but I have FS9, that really is disappointing, big time. The only A330 models in FS9 seemingly come close to what an A330 looks like. The CLS model does, but it has many bugs, so I completely stay away from it. The overland model has a nice VC and good model, but lacks a lot of fine details. And the POSKY A330/340 seems a bit old now?

I would like to know if Thomas Ruth is making a version for FS9.
Can your PC handle FSX? Or is it just that you have a lot of stuff for FS9 or...?

User avatar
J.Lauer
Posts: 29
Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 00:05

Re: Good A330 or B767?

Post by J.Lauer » 14 Mar 2011, 04:13

Would anybody happen to have a shockwave light config for toms a330-200? :ugeek: Thanks! Now enough questions from me >.>

A321flyer
Posts: 152
Joined: 04 Feb 2010, 02:45

Re: Good A330 or B767?

Post by A321flyer » 14 Mar 2011, 22:45

J.Lauer wrote:Can your PC handle FSX? Or is it just that you have a lot of stuff for FS9 or...?
I currently have an AMD dual core, and FS9 runs really good on high settings. however i will upgrade to a quad core phenom II soon. and yes for i do have alot of stuff for FS9. but the main point is, due to my cpu lacking in power, esp. for FSX, i think that it will run a bit laggy, even though i have a really good video card.

Ghostmaster
Posts: 122
Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 13:36

Re: Good A330 or B767?

Post by Ghostmaster » 15 Mar 2011, 15:15

Sorry to interrupting. But FSX was badly configured. High end GPU wont increase FPS. Only by overclocking the CPU speed and you will see the increasing in FPS. I discover this when i overclock my Phenom II 955x4 to 3.9Ghz with decent cooler from 3.1Ghz. And the core wont help alot without editing the fsx.cfg. Happy experimenting.

Brett-Hill
Posts: 185
Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 23:01

Re: Good A330 or B767?

Post by Brett-Hill » 15 Mar 2011, 15:26

Ghostmaster wrote:Sorry to interrupting. But FSX was badly configured. High end GPU wont increase FPS. Only by overclocking the CPU speed and you will see the increasing in FPS. I discover this when i overclock my Phenom II 955x4 to 3.9Ghz with decent cooler from 3.1Ghz. And the core wont help alot without editing the fsx.cfg. Happy experimenting.
Correction: I have a Intel CPU i5 OC from 2.66 to 3.91 And your right about that increasing fps in FSX. But FSX's need for RAW GPU Processing power is somewhat underated. I have upgraded from a Nvidia GTX260 to a GTX470 and I have noticed a massive increase in FPS through that too. I don't know which GPU's you have tried but they are obviously fairly similar in terms for fsx's needs. As for editing FSX.cfg's go to http://www.Highflightsimulations.com where for about £2 you can get a CFG suited to your computer and spec.
Last edited by Brett-Hill on 15 Mar 2011, 17:34, edited 1 time in total.

Ghostmaster
Posts: 122
Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 13:36

Re: Good A330 or B767?

Post by Ghostmaster » 15 Mar 2011, 15:41

Brett-Hill wrote:
Ghostmaster wrote:Sorry to interrupting. But FSX was badly configured. High end GPU wont increase FPS. Only by overclocking the CPU speed and you will see the increasing in FPS. I discover this when i overclock my Phenom II 955x4 to 3.9Ghz with decent cooler from 3.1Ghz. And the core wont help alot without editing the fsx.cfg. Happy experimenting.
Correction: I have a Intel CPU i5 OC from 2.66 to 3.91 And your right about that increasing fps in FSX. But FSX's need for RAW GPU Processing power is somewhat underated. I have upgraded from a Nvidia GTX260 to a GTX470 and I have noticed a massive increase in FPS through that too. I don't know which GPU's you have tried but they are obviously fairly similar in terms for fsx's needs. As for editing FSX.cfg's go to http://www.Highflightsimulation.com where for about £2 you can get a CFG suited to your computer and spec.
I'm using Leadtek GTX460 before and upgraded to ATI 6950. Not much different. On other game,yes it increase the FPS much more.

Brett-Hill
Posts: 185
Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 23:01

Re: Good A330 or B767?

Post by Brett-Hill » 15 Mar 2011, 15:45

I would say that the Nvidia's are far best suited to fsx given not only by what your saying but by what I have heard from others... ATI you get lots for your money However Nvidia build the best (if you can afford them)

This topic has changed from the best aircraft to the best GPU somehow :roll:

Ghostmaster
Posts: 122
Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 13:36

Re: Good A330 or B767?

Post by Ghostmaster » 15 Mar 2011, 15:47

Brett-Hill wrote:I would say that the Nvidia's are far best suited to fsx given not only by what your saying but by what I have heard from others... ATI you get lots for your money However Nvidia build the best (if you can afford them)

This topic has changed from the best aircraft to the best GPU somehow :roll:
:) ok back to the topic. Sorry interrupting.

GaryG
Posts: 880
Joined: 19 Jul 2009, 10:32

Re: Good A330 or B767?

Post by GaryG » 15 Mar 2011, 16:58

In Flight Simulator, it looks like you can make money from every single part of it. Really impressive.

alexh3469
Posts: 1
Joined: 09 Jan 2016, 20:45

Re: Good A330 or B767?

Post by alexh3469 » 09 Jan 2016, 20:47

Were do I type these in to make the Jetway work on the A330-300
Brett-Hill wrote:A330-300

[exits]
number_of_exits = 4
exit_rate.0 = 0.4, 69.186, -8.268, 3.255, 0 ;Percent per second
exit_rate.1 = 0.04, -56.445, 7.497, -4.905, 1 ;Percent per second
exit_rate.2 = 0.4, -28.803, -8.540, -3.868, 2 ;Percent per second
exit_rate.3 = 0.4, -28.803, -8.540, -3.868, 2 ;Percent per second

A340-300

[exits]
number_of_exits = 4
exit.0 = 0.4, 68.87, -6.0, 6.5, 0 ;Percent per second
exit.1 = 0.04, -66.35, 7.497, -4.905, 1 ;Percent per second
exit.2 = 0.4, -28.803, -8.540, -3.868, 2 ;Percent per second
exit.3 = 0.4, -28.803, -8.540, -3.868, 2 ;Percent per second

A340-600

[exits]
number_of_exits = 4
exit.0 = 0.4, 92.860, -6.0, 6.5, 0 ;Percent per second
exit.1 = 0.04, -79.193, 7.497, -4.905, 1 ;Percent per second
exit.2 = 0.4, -28.803, -8.540, -3.868, 2 ;Percent per second
exit.3 = 0.4, -28.803, -8.540, -3.868, 2 ;Percent per second

User avatar
The320Pilot
Posts: 323
Joined: 29 Jul 2014, 22:47

Re: Good A330 or B767?

Post by The320Pilot » 11 Jan 2016, 21:31

alexh3469 wrote:Were do I type these in to make the Jetway work on the A330-300
Brett-Hill wrote:A330-300

[exits]
number_of_exits = 4
exit_rate.0 = 0.4, 69.186, -8.268, 3.255, 0 ;Percent per second
exit_rate.1 = 0.04, -56.445, 7.497, -4.905, 1 ;Percent per second
exit_rate.2 = 0.4, -28.803, -8.540, -3.868, 2 ;Percent per second
exit_rate.3 = 0.4, -28.803, -8.540, -3.868, 2 ;Percent per second

A340-300

[exits]
number_of_exits = 4
exit.0 = 0.4, 68.87, -6.0, 6.5, 0 ;Percent per second
exit.1 = 0.04, -66.35, 7.497, -4.905, 1 ;Percent per second
exit.2 = 0.4, -28.803, -8.540, -3.868, 2 ;Percent per second
exit.3 = 0.4, -28.803, -8.540, -3.868, 2 ;Percent per second

A340-600

[exits]
number_of_exits = 4
exit.0 = 0.4, 92.860, -6.0, 6.5, 0 ;Percent per second
exit.1 = 0.04, -79.193, 7.497, -4.905, 1 ;Percent per second
exit.2 = 0.4, -28.803, -8.540, -3.868, 2 ;Percent per second
exit.3 = 0.4, -28.803, -8.540, -3.868, 2 ;Percent per second
In the aircraft.cfg file.

kinsou
Posts: 1
Joined: 14 Nov 2016, 12:05

pls am new

Post by kinsou » 14 Nov 2016, 12:09

i want a good and valid link to download flight simulator x free .pls

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests