AF447 FDR recovered

ChainChomp2

Re: AF447 FDR recovered

Post by ChainChomp2 »

Hopefully it still has readable information, if I remember correctly they fished out the box from The Heldeberg from over 4000 meters a bit more than a year (last I remember, may be inaccurate) and then the information was lost from being down there for so long. It's almost been 2 years since this crash, maybe we'll have some more answers instead of just speculation (which I still think is more plausible than not).

bang_amin

Post by bang_amin »

From my non-tech, ordinary people's view, looks like it's recoverable, unless that there's a leak in the body. A330 CSMU is using a solid state, not a magnetic tape, so as long as no water seepage (and if there is, no corrosion formed), you can recover the data. (Magnetic tape is more prone to damage as the crash force may damage the tape, even if the enclosure intact, due to sudden shock)

Now, how about the CVR (cockpit voice recorder)? Did they found it yet? I'm living in the other part of the world, so i might miss the news...

bang_amin

Post by bang_amin »

http://www.bea.aero/fr/enquetes/vol.af. ... 011.en.php

The CVR is also found, and this time the whole module is still one piece (the CSMU, power supply, and the pinger are still joined together). 2 years of efforts now going to pay off soon. Just hope that the whole data is recoverable perfectly.

A321flyer

Post by A321flyer »

I think I speak for all when I say that I am really anxious to know what info the FDR has in store, perhaps this could lead to some form of changes in how the airbus operates, no?