A380 integration results!!! Comin soon

777beats340

A380 integration results!!! Comin soon

Post by 777beats340 »

Hey all you 4 holers who love flying the a380. I like many on this forum have been trying to pair the a380 project airbus model with a proper panel. I have been tinkering with this idea for a while, on 2.9. and 2.1 seems like a major upgrade, so in the next couple of weeks I will be sharing a somewhat rough, but flyable a380 panel. Post if your interested:

Here is what I have so far:

PA 380, HTOW version.
custom panel with vasfmc 2.1
Posky debug (WAIT WHATTT??? it simply is a panel to control majority of doors on the PA A380)
posky autobrake (Say whatt???? artifact left over when use vasfmc with b777 posky)
flighdeck sfx panel (cabin sounds)
default 777 radio (easy to input all freq)
gps (if i stupidly get bored or lost)
fs2x-waas (good weather readouts)
taxi speed(rcb ground) (taxi)
wiper gauge (why not)
flight info screen (good info again, accurate fuel efficiency)
wind info (weather again)
f-16 HUD (night landings easy!)
default 737 compass. (good for vatsim pushbacks)
autoenivronment (this includes, engine shimmer, rain wash, 3d contrails, automatic annoucements when hands are tied flying, auto n1 exceed safety,)

My thing is for vasFMC 2.1 is really advanced, so nothing too many changes with that. However I really like having 4 throttles on my pedestal, and a 4 engine overhead, so thus those two have been modified.

Will post pics at a latter time. Also before i can post pics, and respond to those who are interested, i need to ask the permission of first the authors of vasFMC if its okay for my mods, and also need to get permission from all authors of all gauges above for distribution, as its their blood, sweat and tears. So post back if you are interested and yea happy flying!

Ghostmaster

Re: A380 integration results!!! Comin soon

Post by Ghostmaster »

looks promising.

brad9825

Post by brad9825 »

hows it coming along? im really interested

Ayishah

Post by Ayishah »

Nice insight there. I was surprised that you're able to use the POSKY utility on other non-POSKY airplanes. I'll give it a shot myself.

I came across vasFMC once, but I can't understand how to integrate that onto my panels. I'm using a modified version of Ken Mitchell's Airbus panels, by the way.

777beats340

Post by 777beats340 »

SORRRRY FOR THE DELAY FOLKS!!!!!

I had the most incredible PITA issue, where everytime I loaded the panel, it seems to have holes, where i could literally see through the panel, example seeing the runway through the panel. figured it out, was simple problem of rgb colors, dont use pure black 0,0,0 or ms transcribes it as transparent. fixed, the panel, bitmap. heres the first screenshot!!!!! ANYWAYS!!!!!!

Here are the first screenies post panel bitmap creation, and addition of the following (straight from the panel cfg)
Last edited by 777beats340 on 28 May 2011, 15:40, edited 1 time in total.

777beats340

Post by 777beats340 »

Now after I have drained your energy, making you decipher that panel config LOL

here it is just hit the link

http://www.flickr.com/photos/skusememiss/

@Ghostmaster: Thanks, hopefully wont let you guys down :)
@brad9825: Yup its almost there, need some time to put the finishing touches.
@Ayishah: it does work for some oddable reason, and honestly i think it engages the brake rather than the standard vasfmc panel does. Hopefully it maintains it with my panel!

Just fyi, I`m really apologetic on the lack of the updates, "skool is soo not kool". Also the panel will includes, an apu gauge (however since I have been told that apu simulation is not modeleld im not too sure it will work, in that case, just add a line to the aircraft.cfg file for electric always.)

Also, no more a320 overhead and throttles for an a380 panel, 4 engines, 4 throttles and a 4 engine overhead!!!!!

Stay tuned people!

Ayishah

Post by Ayishah »

I see. You've used Ken Mitchell's A340 panel for your A380, just like mine. Difference is that you're using heavy mods.

Do you mind if I copy the panel.cfg code and test it at home? I'd like to see vasFMC in action. :)

777beats340

Post by 777beats340 »

Hey Ayishah,

I kind of want to work on this panel before you try it out, but if you want a taste in vasfmc, just download their 2.1 gauge or standalone package from their site. The standalone package is the best for framerates if thats a concern, try it out and enjoy (just beware of certain problems at the moment with vasfmc, thats why they will release an update shortly). My panel does use gauges from a variety of authors, who i had to request permission from, so yea heavy mods lol! Once the panel is to my liking I will release it here shortly. I have decided on something new with my main panel graphics. I think im going to go ahead and modify that to put functionality over form.
again stay tuned, for a fully updated panel with vasfmc integration!

deccas1391

Post by deccas1391 »

Am I the only one who can't see any pictures on the Flickr page?

777beats340

Post by 777beats340 »

Hey sorry about that flickr, is being quite a pain, so i opened an image shack thing, heres the direct link of the old panel image that i wanted to use until 3 hours ago, that screenshot will be provided shortly, and possibly a release in the near future (say another day or two)

This image is from fs panel studio, so bear with me until the next update
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/9918 … enshot.jpg

deccas1391

Post by deccas1391 »

Lol sorry to be a pain but that link isn't complete (see the ...enshot.jpg at the end). I don't mean to harass, I'm just really keen on a realistic A380 panel :D

777beats340

Post by 777beats340 »

First of all no worries, no problemo deccas1391 totally understand, im not gonna lie Flickr has changed, so i used imageshack for the first time, and it worked fine on the vasfmc site, so i just copied the link direct from the post and posted it here. sorry!

Anyways I updated the vasfmc site, and I shall do the same here:
Ok so after scratching the last panel image bitmap, just cause i felt it was garbage, here is the near final product. I think in terms of the bitmap, this is the best I can do with what I have as resources (GIMP, Paint.NET and the clearest panel bitmap from Mr. H Molina, unless someone has better close up of the a380 cockpit, without any glare photoreal cockpits are gonna be a hassle. Here is the link for the album (if it doesnt work send me a message i will correct it to the best of my abilities)
Album direct link
http://img13.imageshack.us/g/throttleo.jpg/[/img]

Throttles:

Popout displays preserved from vasfmc

Overhead

MCDU vasFMC

Main panel

Lower main

Extra goodies