PA A320 with Turbine Sound Studios?

Game Michi

PA A320 with Turbine Sound Studios?

Post by Game Michi »

Hello,

I really love the Airbus Models of Project Airbus. They are fantastic. The team does a really good job and this for freeware, thank you very much.
So, I have a question: I've bought the A320 Sound from "Turbine Sound Studios" (http://www.turbinesoundstudios.com/prod ... -320-fsx-2) and I have replaced the sound files with the ones in my "Sound"-folder. The sounds are all working but I have one problem:
When I start the engines in the PA A320 model, the engines need 24sek. to IDLE. But the TurbineStart-sound from Turbine Sound Studios requires 37sek. for the full playback. So I can't enjoy the full startsound with my PA A320 model. Because after 24sek. the TurbineStart-sound stops and the IDLE-sound is played.
So my question: Can I customize the start-length for the turbines of the PA A320 model in order that I can enjoy the 37sek. TurbineStart-sound from Turbine Sound Studios?

Greetings and sorry for my english. :D
Game Michi

Derek Mayer

Re: PA A320 with Turbine Sound Studios?

Post by Derek Mayer »

I don't know how to accomplish this but I assume its possible.

Game Michi

Post by Game Michi »

Maybe anyone from the PA-Team can solve this problem or anyone else... :( :?:

Brett-Hill

Post by Brett-Hill »

I have the TSS sound and I wasn't aware that it did this until now, Now I notice the problem with it... Darn you lol

p.s. What does Fuel Flow Gain scalar do?

Game Michi

Post by Game Michi »

I've uploaded a video for this problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMPGw71qVmQ

Look at 0:20 and you see what happens, it sounds very bad then... So I please for help. :? ;)

iheart707

Post by iheart707 »

I've dabbled with a bit of sound a while ago, but I've never have had the resources to produce a complete engine sound-pack. So, I'll offer my two cents.

A few notes should be mentioned first since his stuff is payware - NOT freeware.

1. As far as I understand it, any posting of TSS's payware files on the world wide web would be violating the copyright agreement. This includes the .cfg, the sounds themselves, or other content from his package. It would be a very bad move to upload paid content to a site without his direct authorization.
2. You should consider contacting Christoffer (mrsubmission) first to see if he can release a sound.cfg that is tailored to the Project Airbus A320 series airplanes. After all, he built the soundset to begin with!

Remember that you can always work on the sound files by yourself. Adjust what you think should be changed, and move on from there. A lot of information is outlined in the Flight Simulator SDK's regarding the use of sound in the simulator. But if you don't want to go through all the reading, here's a brief overview of what you might want to change.

(Going to work on this in the morning...)

Plus, this is a great read from Skysong Soundworks....
http://www.flightsim.com/main/howto/fssound.htm

Hope this helps some!

iheart707

Post by iheart707 »

Alrighty, here's a crash course on what should be done to correct the looping issues. Since I can't actually give you the file, this is something you all might want to try if it is really bugging you. To fix the issues, this only took around 30 minutes to complete, and around an hour to get everything online. Sorry for the delay on the post, but work got in the way....

Anywhooo....

First open up your sound file in any sound editor program that allows you to have control with crossfades, volumes, pitch, and other stuff that might be useful. For this example, I used Sony Vegas since a lot of filmers use this for their videos. Preferably, Sony Soundforge is a much better program for this, but Vegas does the basics as long as your input sound is clear and crisp.

Next, find where the file is starting to level off before the engine really starts to spool up. Cut a 4-5 second loop from your source file.

Move the final piece all the way over to the side so you cannot change any of the settings while you play around with some other things.

After that is complete, select your 4-5 second loop and copy/paste it a few times.

This step is very important. Since the soundset has a continuously increasing pitch sound, we would need to inverse some parts so it doesn't sound like a broken record but rather like butter on ice. :D Since my loop was only for a few sections, I only needed to do this twice to make it sound alright.

I zoomed out to show you guys the "Proper looping wave :roll: ". I also moved the piece from the tail end of the clip and slid it right beside the loop file with no crossover. The other "looping parts" have a .162 second crossover. See how it goes down, then back up to meet the next clip? Having a crossfade helps to minimize anything that might not line up exactly. Though, you should try to stay away from this if you can work on it even further.

Right click on the sound file to see what format, quality, and bitrate the original clip used. Mark this down on a piece of paper somewhere and keep it handy and legible.

Select the entire clip from start to finish, and make sure your program has everything you want to hear highlighted/selected in some fashion.

Go up to your rendering options and punch in the information you wrote down on the sheet of paper moments ago. Save this new rendition as the exact name of the file.

Now, go into your sound folder, back up your original file by appending a label with something like... A320enginestart-01.wav_BACKUP.

Paste your new file into the directory which your sound files lie, and voila! You're set!

Now, for the audio test...
[youtube]Io0GzVw3ImA[/youtube]

Sounds pretty good right? :D Also, you mentioned that the file needed to be 37 seconds long. You could also do the same thing with cutting, pasting, and flipping as I did with any other sections to get the extra two seconds you need. Hope this helps!

iheart707

Post by iheart707 »

*Facepalm moment* I swear I think I'm dyslexic late at night...

This is why we don't work at 1 am... :roll:

Well the thing I told you was for the EXTENDING of sounds, not compression... :o Still, some of his sounds actually cause some of the issues of looping while starting in some of the other soundsets on some other freeware aircraft (like hearing the engine starting up twice before ignition).

Talk to the people who made the airplane, or get a different sound and swap them out. GOOD LUCK!

Game Michi

Post by Game Michi »

Thank you very, very much. I will try it tomorrow. :D