Toms 727

Brett-Hill

Toms 727

Post by Brett-Hill »

I have an issue with the VC window reflections not showing with Thomas Ruth's 727's. I have tried all of thomas's 727 uploads plus a livery pack for it which supposidley enhanced the VC reflections. But nothing changes my V C in the 727 from the dark blue tint which Im getting. I thought this was how they were meant to be up until I say Toms Screenshot (below)

What Tom's shots showImage

Now what Im getting is horrble to look at and I can't seem to change it. Iv tried replacing the 'reflection' file, Unrar'ing and Reinstalling the Aircraft and Iv even tried to change the alpha channel and reflection image but still not one bit of change to what I can see. I can only think that the name of the 'reflection' file is wrong or the model simply isn't asking for it. Iv tried DX10 preview on and off with still no change and ofcourse iv tried other liveries but all look the same

on the left hand side you can see the window open to see the horrible dark blue tint im getting, any Ideas what is wrong with the VC reflection and why I am not seeing it?

What I getImage

(Running FSX + Accelleration in DirectX 9 mode usually)

fcerven

Re: Toms 727

Post by fcerven »

Hi Brett,

I checked both my 727-100 and -200 and find reflections for both work as Tom shows. I changed the name on the reflection.dds file in the texture.lh directory, switched to that texture in FSX, and my reflections disappeared when the new 727 texture was loaded so that is the correct file. The reflection.dds file is in every texture folder I have and the texture.lh file (Lufthansa)in the 727-100 directory is referenced in the texture.cfg file for each texture. My guess is that you have at least one corrupt reflection.dds file or multiple corrupt downloads where all of them are bad which is unlikely.

I also went back and checked the original 727 and 727 advanced downloads and there was a reflection.dds file and a texture.cfg file in every texture provided. The date on the reflection.dds file is 11/24/2010 and the texture.cfg is dated 11/18/2010.

By the way, I am running Windows XP 32 (DX9 only) and a Nvidia9800 GTX. And if I remember correctly, Tom doesn't vouch for DX10 compatibility.

Kind of a long answer but I hope it helps. Just a reminder, you have to either shut down and restart FSX or, switch to another texture and then back to have any changes you made in your current texture show up in FSX.

If any of the above doesn't make sense, please feel free to ask questions. This is kind of strange.

Good Landings

Brett-Hill

Post by Brett-Hill »

Thanks, I appreciate your help but still no luck.
the date on my reflection file is 24 ‎November ‎2010 and it is exactly 65,664 bytes
I have tried taking the texture folders over agian from the original rar with still no difference.

ps. if I remove all the reflection.dds files from the 727 texture folders then there is no change when I step into the plane. It is as if it can't find or use the file

fcerven

Post by fcerven »

Hi again Brett,

Sorry to hear that you still have reflection texture problems. It does look like the reflection texture is not loading. Like the interior model is not looking for it. After thinking about the problem a little more, there may be one more thing to check.

The last update I have is named 7272.zip, includes the 200ADV files and includes updated exterior and interior files. You probably already did this but make sure you have these most recent model files in the model folders. The model.cfg should already reference the newer files since the names are the same as the old files. This could fix the -200 but not help the -100.

At this point I am out of ideas. Just as an aside, when I rename my reflection file, my VC looked just like yours so there is a difference somewhere in our files.

If the above doesn't work, let me suggest we get in touch using e-mail and I can forward my files to you.

Hope the above helps,

Happy Flying.

Brett-Hill

Post by Brett-Hill »

iv been and re-downloaded the files from Avsim instead of Flightsim, dragged the 'tom727200' for the main gauges folder, 'lighteffects' to the main Effects folder then the 'Tom_B727-200ADV' folder to the main Simobjects/Airplanes folder. The aircraft is all there except for that reflection texture, I have even tried the other VC models accross with (changed the model.cfg to suit each time) but still the same problem with every single model. I think the problem may be deeper than the aircraft itself.

I am running:

i7 2600k,
GTX 470,
8GB RAM,
with Windows 7 64bit
FSX + Acceleration on top of that using DX9 mode.

settings on all the aircraft and global graphics settings are manually maxed out with the exception of light bloom.

ill try installing the aircraft on my flightsim Multiplayer server pc which also runs win 7 64bit with fsx Accell but it has no other addons in that one.

EDIT: I have just sent the Very same Aircraft Rared up to some friends running the same version of FSX and windows as I, and they CAN see the reflections so this is just getting weirder by the minute

fcerven

Post by fcerven »

Hi again Brett,

From your last post it does sound like something other than the aircraft files.

Since you look like you're in the experimenting mode, let me suggest one more thing. If you do see the reflections in other aircraft (I assume you do), try copying one that does work into a 727 texture directory and renaming it to what Tom uses. Then see if that works.

If it does, then there probably is an incompatibility between Tom's file and either your Acceleration setup or your video card. That's going to be tough to track down. If the replacement file does work, maybe you can live with using it. Some reflection is better than none so to speak.

Good Luck,

Brett-Hill

Post by Brett-Hill »

ok, Iv now sent it to someone with the same motherboard/ CPU/ RAM as I and he has the same problem as me too. guess ill just have to learn to live with it

Thanks for all your help fcerven... we tried...

Brett