Cockpit for PA 318/319/320 series

Muas

Cockpit for PA 318/319/320 series

Post by Muas »

What cockpit are you using with the PA A320 series?

I'm using the A321 FSX default VC cockpit, plus ISG1 (Integrated Sim Avionics) which provide PFD, MFD and FMC. Only the autopilot isn't at its best, but this is a very good match, anyway.

A321

Re: Cockpit for PA 318/319/320 series

Post by A321 »

Wilco A320 :)

fcerven

Post by fcerven »

I am using the FSX default A321 VC panel that Tom Ruth provided with the Honeywell FMC by Garrett Smith. I would prefer the FMC was integratable into the VC cockpit rather than a pop-up but you can't have everything with freeware. As is, the combination does work well for me.

Good Flying.

Thickfog

Post by Thickfog »

Where you can download this avionics upgrade?

fcerven

Post by fcerven »

Thickfog wrote:Where you can download this avionics upgrade?
Rather than go through the procedure that that I cannot find here on Project Airbus anymore, I looked on-line and found an A320 IAE (pa_a320_dlr.zip) that was already converted at Avsim. Install it and you should have the A321 VC in FSX. It worked for me in both FSX SP1 and SP2.

Now you can add all the textures you want using the standard readme instructions provided by the repainters. Just remember to copy the files with a321 in their name from any of the texture directories in pa_a320_dlr.zip to your added repaint dirctories or you'll have a VC with a black texture around the flight instruments. It's flyable but doesn't look too good.

If you compare the model, panel, and individual texture directories for the other PA Airbus aircraft and the downloaded one, you should be able to see what needs adding/changing. Remember to do backups. The only thing that you need from here (the PA website) are the FSX models in the downloads directory.

Should you have problems, I could provide more detailed instructions.

As far as the FMC, search for Smith FMC on Avsim and you should find it. He gives instructions on how to add it as a pop-up to any existing panel.

For me, this combination gets me as close to payware as I need.

Good Flying.

Muas

Post by Muas »

I tried the Wilco VC with the PA Airbus series and although it's the best Airbus cockpit I've seen, it's a bit of a fps eater on my slow system.

I'd better stick to the default/isg1 solution which runs smothly on my system.

I won't get the fly-by-wire feature, and some of the cockpit preparation details, but apart from that it's a very complete solution - I get the full functionality of the PFD/MFD/FMS with all the features I need, including V speeds, and fligth path display.

isg1 can be found at http://isgsim.com/ but it's not freeware.

nzeddy

Post by nzeddy »

I use the default FSX A321 VC for all the Project Airbus A32X series.

Thickfog

Post by Thickfog »

fcerven wrote:
Thickfog wrote:Where you can download this avionics upgrade?
Rather than go through the procedure that that I cannot find here on Project Airbus anymore, I looked on-line and found an A320 IAE (pa_a320_dlr.zip) that was already converted at Avsim. Install it and you should have the A321 VC in FSX. It worked for me in both FSX SP1 and SP2.

Now you can add all the textures you want using the standard readme instructions provided by the repainters. Just remember to copy the files with a321 in their name from any of the texture directories in pa_a320_dlr.zip to your added repaint dirctories or you'll have a VC with a black texture around the flight instruments. It's flyable but doesn't look too good.

If you compare the model, panel, and individual texture directories for the other PA Airbus aircraft and the downloaded one, you should be able to see what needs adding/changing. Remember to do backups. The only thing that you need from here (the PA website) are the FSX models in the downloads directory.

Should you have problems, I could provide more detailed instructions.

As far as the FMC, search for Smith FMC on Avsim and you should find it. He gives instructions on how to add it as a pop-up to any existing panel.

For me, this combination gets me as close to payware as I need.

Good Flying.
Ok thanks very much (I know how to add the default A321 virtual cockpit to FSX Pairbus native models I'm familiar with these mergings,I made it for all A318,A319,A320, and the same for the Project Opensky 737 NG, and 747-400 series,using default 737-800 Virtual cockpit and 747-400 ;) )

dotsalgon

Post by dotsalgon »

I am using a panel from Ken Mitchell. I'm really satisfied by it. You can get it from Flightsim.com
file name: ab320kmp.zip

P.S. I think that there is also an update for that panel! Search it up! :P

Cheers