Where is Thomas Ruth? (A330/A340 HD Cockpit Preview) (WIP)

Independence76

Where is Thomas Ruth? (A330/A340 HD Cockpit Preview) (WIP)

Post by Independence76 »

Hello, I'm John Hancock.

I've been trying to get into contact with Thomas Ruth the past few months. I've done some detailed repaints for his wonderful Airbus packages (which I've received multiple praise for) through AVSIM. While I believe the aircraft is a work of art (especially on the outside), one thing has always made me feel awkward: the cockpit. The copy-paste textures of the A321's cockpit felt somewhat cheap and looked awful with the low-resolution. Here are a few shots I've put together of a WIP of HD cockpit textures so far as well as altered avionics to better match the more realistic counterpart. (Done on the A340-300 V2) The white represents untouched surfaces.

Keep in mind, certain parts are unfinished in their development. I've tried to contact Thomas Ruth through his given email address multiple times, but no avail. I've also received other emails claiming people were not able to get into contact with him either. The recent release of the DC-10 V2 with a VC sounds excellent, but once again it gives the same email address. I messaged him a few days ago on Project Airbus, but no response there either. If someone can get me into direct contact with Mr. Ruth, please give me his contact information (as long as he approves).

So, what do I propose? A massive overhaul of the virtual cockpit's systems and textures. The model itself is to be mostly untouched, but still edits are required from what I'm looking at. A revised Paint Kit is already completely done with updated windows, doors, and options for multiple Airbus variants and prototypes. In this proposal, I would be doing about 85% of the work. The other 15% is required by Thomas Ruth or someone who knows (and has approval to use) the system.

I understand this may not be the proper website to request this information from exactly, but nobody else on any other site I've gone to has given me any assistance regarding this issue.

Thank you.

Flightsimmer

Re: Where is Thomas Ruth? (A330/A340 HD Cockpit Preview) (WI

Post by Flightsimmer »

yeah, I tried contacting him a while ago without any reply...

anyways can you repaint his A330-200F in the hong kong airlines cargo livery? Thanks.