New Aerosoft A321 & 320

A321flyer

New Aerosoft A321 & 320

Post by A321flyer »

Take a look at aerosofts new product and its coming out very very soon...
it looks very professional, better than that poor excuse airsimmer plane. only for FSX, the images are very stunning and im amazed at the level of detail put into these aircraft. both A320 and A321, shame no A319 :(

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php ... 34108&st=0

esg

Re: New Aerosoft A321 & 320

Post by esg »

As a self-proclaimed A320 expert, I think this is gonna be the best A320 series product yet. Shame it's FSX only

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

I think that this might be my only purchase to date.

Atomic_13

Post by Atomic_13 »

Looks like it will crash on my 'aged' laptop...(both the plane AND the computer itself)

Thickfog

Post by Thickfog »

esg wrote:As a self-proclaimed A320 expert, I think this is gonna be the best A320 series product yet. Shame it's FSX only
It is time that devolopers start to exploit the FSX capabilities(more polygons avalaible to make models, much higher resolution avalaible for photoreal sceneries and mesh)...it's disappointing that payware devolopers just "port" FS9 SDK models to FSX(when there are freeware devolopers wich do so) , especially complex models,made with FS9 SDK model, in FSX will never run smootly it doesn't matter what are your system specs...(And they still say that it ìs all FSX fault or user low spec system...when these add-ons can't run smootly with low FSX graphics settings on an overclocked 3,5 Ghz I7... ) I think that any add-on must be at least FSX sdk compiled to be defined an FSX version...(more than any other things, mdl and bgl files)...in my opinion all the FS9 sdk material must be runned in FS9, and NOT ported in FSX so the first thing that a flight simulator X user must ask before purchasing an expensive add-on, is to ask in the devoloper Forum if it is FSX SDK material...if it is FS9 native model or scenery then buy the FS9 only version(and use it in the ever green FS2004), unless the ported FS9 to FSX version is offered free of charge

esg

Post by esg »

Polys (though the more the merrier) and textures aren't really an issue for a narrowbody. It doesn't look like their textures are any bigger than ours, and I doubt they used more polys than we have.

But you're right, models advertised to be for FSX need to be compiled with the FSX SDK.

Thickfog

Post by Thickfog »

Yeah, you are right(for narrow bodies, the difference between FSX and FS9 is almost not noticeable,but in virtual cockpits wich require a lot more polygons i think that FSX is one step forward...on the contrary, the external model of the FS2004 air simmer A320 is better than this, it has actual windows on the fuselage too, instead of high resolution painted ones)...anyway it is clearly a product dedicated to FSX average users, not hardcore simmers, which instead is looking for the best simulation avalaible for the airbus aircrafts(it is still not existent)..anyway it is very interesting...I would buy it just to add a native FSX A321 to my collection(I have your wonderful pairbus FSX compiled models, with the default A321 virtual cockpit added, a candy wich is possible only in FSX) and maybe, replace the virtual cockpit for the FSX pairbus A318 and A319 using the stunning looking cockpit made in this add-on...(external model is not so better...the best one, i think is still the FS2004 AirSimmer A320...I'm considering only the 3d models, not the systems in this consideration ;) )

lordsniper

Post by lordsniper »

I think you're right, wilco when they "transformed" their a400m or their 777, for fsx, the vc became ugly and my fps were 2x slower then my pmdg 747-8i...

Inbreker

Post by Inbreker »

Thickfog, The windows in the Airbus are really modelled in 3D... Just take a closer look.

Thickfog

Post by Thickfog »

The wilco 777 is really outdated...as well as the 737 Pilot in command, wich is another port from FS2004(first release in 2006)...as well as most of their products...(they actually updated to FSX only the airbus series...but especially external models, are not quite the best ones you can find...Project airbus and Thomas Ruth ones are better in my opinion)the only thing that I would recycle of their 777(If I'd made the big mistake of purchasing it) is the panel, but it is in one word too expensive considering what is actually offered(It is an add-on thad would have been considered good for FS2002 in my opinion...it is outdated even for FS2004)...especially when there are the Project Opensky wonderful 777 models. :)

Thickfog

Post by Thickfog »

Inbreker wrote:Thickfog, The windows in the Airbus are really modelled in 3D... Just take a closer look.
They looks really good,(they use certainly bump maps, some of the new FSX features... but I can't see through the windows..I know that in reality this is not often true, unless you are really close to the aircraft), maybe is the angle which the screenshots has been taken with ...but I'd like to see more screenshot to be sure...or asking directly in the aerosoft forum...anyway a stunning looking model :D (Forgive me for my English mistakes)

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

I think you can see through them.... if you look at the IBERIA A320, there is a closed window, about the 3rd one in front of it, you can see that it's not whole black, but rather like, there's something in.

Look closely...

Thickfog

Post by Thickfog »

I looked the Iberia repaint, and it looks like you can see the interior...but I think that just asking to aerosoft or by a prewiew video could confirm it...for example in the Air simmer A320 video, you can clearly see through the windows and see even the windows of the other side
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXs6rx60KFc
If you compare them they have the same stunning level of detail(maybe the Aerosoft a little more)

A321flyer

Post by A321flyer »

Forget airsimmer, as of now, they have not promised anything and they released something not even worth buying. Sure the mode looks great but its all eye candy but no systems. you cannot imagine how many people complain in their forums everyday about how many CTD's that aircraft has. its full of holes and glitches.

Thickfog

Post by Thickfog »

A321flyer wrote:Forget airsimmer, as of now, they have not promised anything and they released something not even worth buying. Sure the mode looks great but its all eye candy but no systems. you cannot imagine how many people complain in their forums everyday about how many CTD's that aircraft has. its full of holes and glitches.
I agree with you, about the air simmer A320, I read their forums...it is stunning visual model but nothing more...I think there will never be an advanced version...and not even the basic edition for FSX...I didn't buy it fortunately...(I tend to prefer freeware models anyway)