Very very strange problem...

Airbus Fan

Very very strange problem...

Post by Airbus Fan »

Hello everyone,

I hope that someone would help for me.

I deleted my FSX directly from program files. And When I wanted to install it again I had a problem. I have been searching a solution for hours. Tried to do a lot of variants but no luck... I deleted all folders, deleted all registry keys for FSX. Then I had another problem. I had a error 1610... It says that my product ir corrupted... And installer turns off... :(

P.S. I'm using LEGAL version of FSX.. I have my product key in my discs box...

TheRedBaron

Re: Very very strange problem...

Post by TheRedBaron »

First things first: How on earth did you do that?!

On to business: What OS? Is it x64? What FSX version? Acceleration?

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Ok.

I did that because on my disk C was not enough space left. So, I wanted to reinstall it to disk D.

Then I went to control panel/ install-unistall program and then I saw FSX SP2. Then I uninstalled it but after that, in program files folder Microsoft games was still there. Then I went to control panel/install-uninstall program and there wasn't FSX... After that I deleted FSX directly from program files. Then I tried to Install FSX but I had error code 1610.. It says that my product is corrupted...

I'm using Win7 x32. FSX SP2..

I hope that You will understand something... Because my english isn't good to explain things like this..

ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

Google for an utility called Windows Installer Clean Up - with this tool you should be able to remove the installation informations of FSX, and this should fix the installer problem.

TheRedBaron

Post by TheRedBaron »

ChrisK wrote:Google for an utility called Windows Installer Clean Up - with this tool you should be able to remove the installation informations of FSX, and this should fix the installer problem.
Yes, but be careful. That utility apparently had some issues...

So the next step is to turn OFF UAC. That way there is no issue with permission conflict. Then, when you try to install again, install in a nonstandard directory like C:\FSX\Microsoft Flight Simulator X (or D:\... since you wanted to install on drive D).

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

I have already tried it... I have tried about 5-8 variants... But no luck... -__-

TheRedBaron

Post by TheRedBaron »

Well, my advice is to reinstall the OS. I have found it to be quite refreshing in more ways than one. If it is an OEM system though...well not much that can be done as far as I know.

I would recommend making the jump to Windows 7 X64 if you are in that kind of a situation. Personally, I dislike Windows 8...but that is all up to you.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

OMG!!! I fixed it!!! :D I downloaded "Fix It" program from Microsoft... And it fixed my problem... I'm so happy!!! :D

TheRedBaron

Post by TheRedBaron »

Airbus Fan wrote:OMG!!! I fixed it!!! :D I downloaded "Fix It" program from Microsoft... And it fixed my problem... I'm so happy!!! :D
Congratulations! Never do it again! Lol..

Happy landings! :)

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Thanks..

That was a good lesson for me.