ILS Landing

markm24

ILS Landing

Post by markm24 »

Hello Community!

let me share my experience in ILS landing:

first of all, I'm not really a pro when it comes to ILS landing. But I have a Problem:

I learned the most basic ILS landing in youtube. When the ATC cleared me for ILS approach, I always tuned the Nav1 radio to its appropriate frequency to match the designated RWY to land. Example in Manila RPLL: RWY 6: 109.100. I tune this frequency in the NAV1 radio. After that (and after approach clearance), i tend to press the "APP" button {which is the approach button).

In youtube video that i learned to, the guy said that after you are cleared for an approach, you should press the "APP" button, and the aircraft will disengage the "HDG" and starts to follow the ILS frequency of a RWY.

Here is my problem: Sometimes the aircraft performs an ILS landing (does an autoland), sometimes, DONT! I use PA380 (And the Posky 777 too) and i often encounter this problem. Also if press the "APP" button, the moment my aircraft captures the glide-scope (and therefore follows the frequency), My "Altitude Hold" will often disengage! (I expect my Altitude hold to disengage in right distance from the RWY, but in some cases it don't)

PLZ HELP!! tnx

Regards,
markm24

P.S. : If you don't mind, you can teach me the right ILS landing procedures. :) :) :)