787's cabin windows to be dimmable

seaheroz

Re: 787's cabin windows to be dimmable

Post by seaheroz »

Wow new technologys that boeing invented.Nice work boeing and maybe new comercial airplane got that window to.

Inbreker

Post by Inbreker »

I already heard about this. Another thing to be broke in an aircraft. What's wrong with the normal sunscreens? The only thing this stuff will do is break down. But I do like the concept.

Tom Collins

Post by Tom Collins »

Inbreker wrote:What's wrong with the normal sunscreens?
They're heavier (and markedly so on the 787's larger windows) - plus the ability to put them at ~50% tint means you can have a softer lighting in the cabin without forcing everyone to close their blinds altogether. Come to think of it, it'll be nice for people like me to take photos through the window and balance the lighting inside and outside.

dotsalgon

Post by dotsalgon »

Anything that involves Tourism, Transportation, or places where there is a big flow of people. Things always are going to brake. The solution is "Good Maintenance"!!
I know that by experience!
I have worked at a Resort of 2500beds. Things always broke but where fixed fast to satisfy guests/customers.
This is unavoidable because of the overuse.

But I really like that idea on the 787! I hate it when the flight crew has to close the shades on long haul flights :(

dotsalgon

Post by dotsalgon »

Tom Collins wrote: Come to think of it, it'll be nice for people like me to take photos through the window and balance the lighting inside and outside.
+1 To that!!! :D

Atomic_13

Post by Atomic_13 »

dotsalgon wrote:
Tom Collins wrote: Come to think of it, it'll be nice for people like me to take photos through the window and balance the lighting inside and outside.
+1 To that!!! :D
+2