emirates giant order

lordsniper

emirates giant order

Post by lordsniper »

dotsalgon

Re: emirates giant order

Post by dotsalgon »

OMG! 30 A380?? Where will they fit??
I was thinking on going to NYC but I will put the trip on hold untill Emirates has the root planned with A380 ;)
I've been on board B373-200, B737-300, B737-400, B777-300, Avro Rj100, ATR 42, ATR 72, Dash 4 Q400, A320, A319, A321, A330 but not on A380 yet! :P

Aeroflot2685

Post by Aeroflot2685 »

ok emirates should get 48 more A380 !!
that's to much i think...

DavidS

Post by DavidS »

As long as the oil is still flowing, there's enough money to buy 30 additional A380s... ;-)

Inbreker

Post by Inbreker »

And once the oil stops flowing, they want to make enough money with the aviation business so they can keep their sheikhs rich and wealthy. I don't understand where they want to go with all those A380's...

rapax

Post by rapax »

All in all Emirates ordered 90 A380s, 10 of them are already delivered.
But honestly, I think, the first A380s will be phased out before the last ones will be delivered :D

Just to compare:
The largest 747 operators are...
British Airways with 49
Cathay Pacific with 46
Korean Air with 44
Japan airlines with 42

My second point I want to add:
I think the United Arab Emirates (respectively the Emirate of Dubai) surely know that their oil resources are limited and that is why they are pushing their tourism sector that much.
Tourism will be the only sector that will bring revenues when fossil fuel resources are exhausted.
Emirates' large long haul fleet will grant that there will be no lack of tourists even if the have to import oil in the future...

Nevertheless I think it is a nice and interisting place on earth with some really incredible projects realised like "The World" or the "Burj al Arab". And it is always nice to see an Emirates aircraft, of course :D

Tom Collins

Post by Tom Collins »

rapax - I don't think it's quite tourism. Most of Emirates' traffic is connecting and not O&D at Dubai. E.G. Europe to Asian / African destinations and vice versa. I believe the aim of the airline (supported by vast widebody fleets) is to make Dubai a "world hub" so you'd use it to connect a huge proportion of world long-haul travel.

Aeroflot2685

Post by Aeroflot2685 »

yes, it's just a strategy how to make money without oil...and i think i would fit in the plan...because there would always bee 20 or more Buses in the air ...at same time. and many long haul routes could be flown more than just 1 or 2 in a day!

PS.sorry for maybe bad english.

Movieman162

Post by Movieman162 »

rapax wrote:All in all Emirates ordered 90 A380s, 10 of them are already delivered.
But honestly, I think, the first A380s will be phased out before the last ones will be delivered :D

Just to compare:
The largest 747 operators are...
British Airways with 49
Cathay Pacific with 46
Korean Air with 44
Japan airlines with 42

My second point I want to add:
I think the United Arab Emirates (respectively the Emirate of Dubai) surely know that their oil resources are limited and that is why they are pushing their tourism sector that much.
Tourism will be the only sector that will bring revenues when fossil fuel resources are exhausted.
Emirates' large long haul fleet will grant that there will be no lack of tourists even if the have to import oil in the future...

Nevertheless I think it is a nice and interisting place on earth with some really incredible projects realised like "The World" or the "Burj al Arab". And it is always nice to see an Emirates aircraft, of course :D
Thats the point not only is it daring PR. But with a fleet of large aircraft such as this the 747s can be retired.

flightsimer

Post by flightsimer »

Tom Collins wrote:rapax - I don't think it's quite tourism. Most of Emirates' traffic is connecting and not O&D at Dubai. E.G. Europe to Asian / African destinations and vice versa. I believe the aim of the airline (supported by vast widebody fleets) is to make Dubai a "world hub" so you'd use it to connect a huge proportion of world long-haul travel.
i believe that is what they were calling the new dubai airport that was being built for emirates. It was suppose to have like 6 15,000ft runways and was gonna be the largest airport in the world for both passengers and cargo. I think its opening soon if not already though in the begining its only open for cargo.

Inbreker

Post by Inbreker »

Flightsimer, you mean this airport? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Maktoum ... al_Airport

3 14.764ft runways. (4500 meters). It's due to open 27 June of this year.
wikipedia wrote:If completed as planned, the airport will have an annual cargo capacity of 12 million tons, more than three times that of Memphis International Airport, today's largest cargo hub, and a passenger capacity between 120 million and 150 million per year[5] - more than Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (90 million in 2008), currently the world's busiest passenger airport.
That will be the airport for all airlines except for Emirates. They will become the only at the Dubai of now.