A380 Air Speed

beroun

A380 Air Speed

Post by beroun »

Hi (FS2004),
got great Project Airbus A380 (Project Airbus A380-800 Emirates - United for Wildlife A6-EDG) and have obtained the panel.WH from Wilhelm Hudetz. The panel with the aircraft works great and is very realistic. But the Primary Flight Display (PFD) desired target airspeed digitalized above the PFD air speed bar does not match with the current airspeed indicated on the bar - Is usually about 30-40 knots less.
This gauge comes from Z_AB380KM_WH,CAB and is listed in the panel as gauge73=Z_AB380KM_WH!PFD,
Any idea why there is a discrepancy?
Many Thanks.
Peter

beroun

Re: A380 Air Speed

Post by beroun »

Apologies! have noted in AVSIM gauges improvement (a380wsupd01.zip), which fixes this problem and also the problem with the heading adjustment knob. All works great now.
Cheers
Peter

beroun

Post by beroun »

Hi, My response was premature there is still a vast air speed difference. Primary Flight Display (PFD) desired target airspeed digitalized above the PFD air speed bar does not match with the current airspeed indicated on the bar - Is usually about 30-40 knots less.
This gauge comes from Z_AB380KM_WH,CAB and is listed in the panel as gauge73=Z_AB380KM_WH!PFD.
I also tried A320 PFD gauge from Z_AB320KM.cab Gauge Z_AB320KM!PFD and it is the same. The speed digitalized above the PFD air speed bar is lower than indicated. Can someone tell me if this is an anomaly or maybe it is intended for this speed indication to be lower?
Thanks

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Is FS9 configured to show indicted instead of true airspeed?

beroun

Post by beroun »

Hi Bjoern.
Got FS9 configured to True Airspeed. Looks like the true airspeed shows in the PFD bar but the digital display above the bar is the Indicated Airspeed.
If I configure FS9 to Indicated airspeed there is a match (in the PFD speed bar and above). But I still think that both readings should be the same, regardless which airspeed is configured.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

If the value is programmed to show indicated airspeed it's all you'll get.

You shouldn't use TAS as a primary flight indication anyway.