FSX Product Activation Error (Please Help)!

lbonomo

FSX Product Activation Error (Please Help)!

Post by lbonomo »

Whenever I start up FSX I get an error saying: "An error occurred while attempting to activate this product. The problem may be due to an incomplete installation of the application. Reinstalling the problem may resolve the problem. Otherwise, please contact product support for assistance." I have no idea why this shows up since I've been playing FSX for over 3 years now and never had this problem. Also, if I start playing, after about 20 minutes of flying the same error comes up and FSX closes. Anybody have any help? I asked here since I knew that I would get reliable answers. Thanks.

Xpand

Re: FSX Product Activation Error (Please Help)!

Post by Xpand »

How many times have you installed on different computers? I heard that if you install it 3 times in diferent machines you can't activate it any longer unless you're reinstaling on the computers that already had it... I don't know if that's the problem.

Air Berlin

Post by Air Berlin »

yeah, i had the same probelm, so i bought fs2004. but try to find a "crack" from the internet, or download it from a torrent, cause you already have the game !

iheart707

Post by iheart707 »

Air Berlin, I don’t know if you know but illegally downloaded games and keys can get you into some SERIOUS trouble with the law. Almost all countries have tough stipulations and laws to investigate those who do. Microsoft has printed several articles about unauthorized duplications of their disks. Theoretically you are copying a disk illegally when you download it. With the flight sim series there was never a download version of the game. Using a copy of the original, rather than the original disks violates the EULA that you have to accept when you install the game.

DO NOT DOWNLOAD GAMES/CRACKS FROM TORRENTS OR OTHER MEDIUMS!

If you bought the game, legally, you should have no problem with making a quick phone call to India to get it fixed. Sometimes Microsoft’s own activation software operates weirdly sometimes. So call them! It only takes about four minutes to do and your problem will be fixed!

Air Berlin

Post by Air Berlin »

hmm, you're right...but i never used torrents or sth like that for FS2004 or microsoft products. only for GTA Vice City and San Andreas, and anyone i know got this game from a link like megaupload.com. for GTA there are also add ons like realistic HD cars and planes ......
but it is just a "tip" if nothing else works, in such cases you may find even payware planes or "cracks" for them.
ofcorse it's illegaly, but i am against payware software for FS like planes scenery etc. add ons for games or expansion packs would be worth to pay for, but not for "little" things like a (now I'm joking) sign on the runway or sound for engines or some lights, efects, smoke...
i always respect the rights and whishes from different payware design groups and never download something from torrents, because a friend of me was caught by the police (Bundespolizei---like the F.B.I in Germany) and musted to pay 500€ !! before that i downloaded GTA (youtube) and some other games, and now i delated everything, and follow the "rules" now. PA is doing a awesome job, but if PA would be payware i would buy it, because its extremly detailed and better than any other payware plane, there is nothing do do much better than the PA A380 ! So i bought the Synchro Soft EA GP7200 sounds and they are awesome for that baby !!!