Touchdown shaking effects

Emirates006

Touchdown shaking effects

Post by Emirates006 »

Hey guys,
i have a question:
how can i add this shaking effects at touchdown in FS2004 like in that vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NKFvhnwLiI

is it "Trackir5" or a engine that i can download for the game ???

esg

Re: Touchdown shaking effects

Post by esg »

It's just been edited in

Xpand

Post by Xpand »

Actually, that gives me an idea:
If you link the entire VC to a small cube named c_gear, l_gear or r_gear (before including everything in the interior group) and animate that cube from 150 to 200 frames in a shaking motion, you could recreate that effect in the VC.

Emirates006

Post by Emirates006 »

ok but that's a lot of work...O.o andi don't undertand much in programming and stuf like that ^^
but it would also work with Trackir5 right ??

Xpand

Post by Xpand »

No, not with track IR...
And, to do what I said, you have to make the plane by yourself or ask the creator for the source file...

Emirates006

Post by Emirates006 »

Xpand wrote:No, not with track IR...
And, to do what I said, you have to make the plane by yourself or ask the creator for the source file...
hmm that's pity...
i know, so i can forget it :-(

Derek Mayer

Post by Derek Mayer »

There are camera addons that used to simulate this. ActiveCamera was one for FS2004 way back when, don't know if it still exists today. There are probably others too.

iheart707

Post by iheart707 »

From making my own movies, I know a thing or two about how to make the "Shaky Effect".

First of all, there are MANY ways to do it. Some ways deal with adding a video editing effect after a recording, while others deal with shaking the camera during the recording.

With video editing, (I use Sony Vegas) you can get many plug-ins to create a desired effect. I use Sony Vegas along with the NewBlue Active Camera effect for simplicity. The only problem with working with recorded footage is the 2D verses 3D effect. When you record footage, you are taking snapshots (frames) of an image and converting something that was 3D object, into a 2D plane. (So... What does that mean?) Well, if you were to edit the footage and manipulate the viewpoint, you could create the effect of motion, but it is only relative to the snapshot of footage you have (frames recorded). This is most likely the software used in the video you posted. If you decide to get it, it is a little pricy but great to have and you will always have access to it. You do have to pay for all the NewBlue stuff, but you can download a trial for the Active Camera effect which under the trial, it does come with a watermark.

Watch an example of this NewBlue... (See how the whole frame moves?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfo26SSdfHU

There is still another way to do it. The alternative approach to recording turbulence in the camera is to install a camera utility. This utility will adjust your pilot’s perspective and move it around in a 3D space. This is more CPU and GPU demanding but the results are far superior to ANY post-recording effects added on. You can run a program called Ezdok (not the freeware) and get these kinds of results. It does cost a little bit, but it pays for itself in the first few uses. A VERY good add-on to have in your FS hanger! It works quite well with TrackIR to create those smooooooth effects and transitions.

Here is an example of Ezdok... (Notice any difference? You should!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTuFcic3sFY
If you want to go a bit further with scenery and airport flyovers, you can use this too! Here's an example!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGtayz7cM9g

Although you can use this without TrackIR, it might be harder to create your desired effect and could end up in a lot of unnecessary work programming the profiles.

(But I cannot afford TrackIR!!!!)
There is an alternative!!! Have you heard of FreeTrack? Take a guess, It's Free!!! :mrgreen: It operates like TrackIR but costs hundreds of dollars less. It works with FSX and other simulators and is a great, low cost option. You only need a webcam that can get above 30 FPS and a homemade headset made out of a few LED's and other inexpensive electronic parts. There are alot of "how-to" videos all over the web, so you shouldn't run into too much trouble! :D

Free-Track
http://www.free-track.net/english/

---If any of this does not seem clear, please let me know and I will expand on it a bit. ---

Hopefully this will point you in the right direction!

Emirates006

Post by Emirates006 »

Ok, thank you very much Derek ! i try it now with free-track and try to do sth....
i also use active camera 2004 but it has no shaking effects, as far as i know.
so thanks ! :-)