The new United Airlines

lbonomo

The new United Airlines

Post by lbonomo »

As New Jersey resident, I frequently fly out of EWR and Continental has been my airline of choice for as long as I can remember and now with the merger the name is being lost. :( I just wanted to know what the Project Airbus community thought about the merger and the new image with photos of the new scheme now appearing on Airlines.net. As a long time customer of Continental, changing over the United will be weird. Any thoughts on the paint? There are so many mixed responses--personally I like it. ;)

ERJ-145 -> http://www.airliners.net/photo/United-E ... 1788757/L/
737-900 -> http://www.airliners.net/photo/United-A ... 828694e990
757-200 -> http://www.airliners.net/photo/United-A ... 1789150/L/

Tranceaddict

Re: The new United Airlines

Post by Tranceaddict »

IMHO.. whoever had this idea of combining things.. just made it SUCK!

UA's livery was miles ahead of CO's

Trevor de Verteuil

Post by Trevor de Verteuil »

Tranceaddict wrote:IMHO.. whoever had this idea of combining things.. just made it SUCK!

UA's livery was miles ahead of CO's
Not to mention, UA's branding has a much deeper history!

Snowdragon

Post by Snowdragon »

I will miss Continental and United as 2 companys, but things change. I think its the right step.

lbonomo

Post by lbonomo »

Well I'm glad that the livery stayed, at least now when I drive down the NJ Turnpike I'll still see the livery, but the name will quickly fade :( What a shame since CO's service was just excellent, they still gave free meals even on domestic flights.

Trevor de Verteuil

Post by Trevor de Verteuil »

lbonomo wrote:Well I'm glad that the livery stayed, at least now when I drive down the NJ Turnpike I'll still see the livery, but the name will quickly fade :( What a shame since CO's service was just excellent, they still gave free meals even on domestic flights.
Essentially, this United is actually CO in disguise. From what I understand, the new airline will be under CO management.

iheart707

Post by iheart707 »

I just hate seeing all of these legacy airlines die. Braniff, TWA, Northwest Orient, and more recently United, have now disappeared. Now AirTran is on their way out too?!

Don't take my American Airlines away from me next! :(

I wish for the best for everyone who was involved in these two airlines (Continental and United).
Last edited by iheart707 on 04 Oct 2010, 18:02, edited 3 times in total.

lbonomo

Post by lbonomo »

Just checked Airliners and saw that the CO plane (737-800 / N78285) I took from Cancun to Newark on August 28th 2010 just got painted in the new UA colors. The first 738 in new UA colors.

Probably the last shot of the aircraft with the CO name on it, photo taken in Cancun before CO 1735 to Newark.