Project Opensky Split

Kurosaki

Project Opensky Split

Post by Kurosaki »

Figured the Project Airbus folks should know...Interesting times ahead.

http://www.projectopensky.com/index.php?showtopic=41855

esg

Re: Project Opensky Split

Post by esg »

Well, I guess that makes us the oldest freeware group still active now

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

esg wrote:Well, I guess that makes us the oldest freeware group still active now
Think so yeah...

Kurosaki

Post by Kurosaki »

I'm secretly hoping with the split, some of the obscure parts and VC's that weren't released will come to the surface.

Snowdragon

Post by Snowdragon »

I don´t know what I should think. Lets see what happen in the future. :(

Keiffer94

Post by Keiffer94 »

I feel bad for the split, but am just hoping that their Boeing 787 project wont get canceled. That looks like its going to be a great aircraft

iheart707

Post by iheart707 »

Good.

Ever since I’ve known them in 2003, they have not changed their stubborn ways. From not allowing constructive criticism, or suggestions to make the airplanes more realistic, they have been and will always be a closed minded group of “talented :roll: ” individuals.

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

Keiffer94 wrote: ....but am just hoping that their Boeing 787 project wont get canceled.
That's two.

Keiffer94

Post by Keiffer94 »

I agree with iheart707 about their behavior, but I do not wish them or any group any bad luck or problems. From what a looks like they are having internal problems, their not getting along. With they're attitudes, who would get along? I understand why the way they act, but sometimes their rudeness is just off the charts. But as many people say if you dont like the way they run things then your not forced to take part in there forums or download there products.
Thank Goodness from at least what I have seen here, no one is rude here and I hope it stays like that.
God Bless Pairbus :)

DerKranich

Post by DerKranich »

I agree with many of the sentiments here regarding their stubbornness. Any one little criticism about their projects and they'd might as well disembowel you online. That's why I never liked their boards and why I left them. It felt like I couldn't really contribute even in a small way, and thus never wasted my time there. If not, I honestly would've had a field day with the FDE of some of their projects.

By reading in between the lines it seemed like many were at each other's necks, and seeing how many belittled people on their boards, I can't blame some for leaving.

I do respect Hiroshi-san's skills in gmax, but all POSKY ever really did was Boeing so I can't say I was all that excited for their projects. It looks like the 767 will be released before the end of the year though which is a good thing. I hope that includes the 767-400 as I am in love with Delta 767-400s. As for the 787, I'll probably buy Qualitywings' 787.

Now wrapping up this post before becoming too long-winded, I will say this to members of PA:

Imperfection is a beautiful thing. Not only does it make things interesting, but it enables yourselves (and others!) to grow and maybe learn some skills at the same time. While you may take pride in your projects as we have seen with your fantastic A380 which can only be made better with the virtual cockpit, please try not to let that pride get to your head. By doing so the quality suffers and you fall short of the goal that is (what I believe) at the heart of every freeware group - to make quality projects that are free. So please don't try and bite our heads off by giving criticism; we are only trying to help in your overall mission.

Tom Clayton

Post by Tom Clayton »

I was once a moderator there and saw some of the in-fighting for myself. It was a big part of why I resigned that post. It's sad to see any group fold. It wasn't all that long ago that the FS community as a whole thought they'd never see a high quality A380!

I just hope to see the same quality stuff continue with Andrew's new group.

esg

Post by esg »

So please don't try and bite our heads off by giving criticism
That's never been our intent.
Tom Clayton wrote: It wasn't all that long ago that the FS community as a whole thought they'd never see a high quality A380!
Long story, that one... PA never split up—we still worked behind the scenes.

Tom Clayton

Post by Tom Clayton »

esg wrote:Long story, that one...
I've never seen a situation that had a short story! ;) I'm just glad to have my super-jumbo in my hangar!

chriswert

Post by chriswert »

gosh, im gonna miss posky. thats too bad.

Tom Collins

Post by Tom Collins »

I wouldn't jump to too many conclusions, folks - hang tight and see what happens. The name is more than likely to disappear but a few of us at least are still furiously working on projects regardless.

FLYPHOENIX

Post by FLYPHOENIX »

Any word on Hiroshi's 787?

David Anderson

Post by David Anderson »

Hiroshi had long been planning on taking a break. In keeping with his policy to only release a model once the real aircraft has been delivered, he had planned to perhaps pass the model along to another of POSKY's talented modelers. However, with the split, it is likely that Hiroshi will now hang onto the source files and perhaps release it at a later date as a solo project, or as a member of some other group.

FLYPHOENIX

Post by FLYPHOENIX »

iheart707

Post by iheart707 »

David Anderson wrote:Hiroshi had long been planning on taking a break. In keeping with his policy to only release a model once the real aircraft has been delivered...
And that's what ANY aircraft modeler should do.

To tell you the honest truth, I don't even care about any work being done on any FSX/FS2004 model of the 787. Until it is in the hands of many airline pilots, there really is no way to check for accuracy in the flight and ground characteristics. I like my planes to fly accurately.