lordsniper

new ms flight screenshot

Post by lordsniper »

http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/

it looks like a slightly finetuned fsx,..; let just hope it'll be optimised

esg

Re: new ms flight screenshot

Post by esg »

If you'd rather not install Silverlight: http://www.flickr.com/photos/55710335@N ... 659937520/

simnico971

Post by simnico971 »

Yeah ! A brand new fps killer :mrgreen:

When you know that only few killer computers can run fsx fine, even today :|
(I mean, many years after its release...)

angellamar

Post by angellamar »

That's right

lordsniper

Post by lordsniper »

Let just hope microsoft won't close this time the studio before they finish optimising their game,...

esg

Post by esg »

Well, there's a lot of pessimism here.
Let just hope microsoft won't close this time the studio before they finish optimising their game,...
Uum, ACES closed three years after FSX was released (and following the release of two SP's)—if it's FSX you're alluding to.

Steve

Post by Steve »

Haven't read about it, but isn't MS Flight gonna be one those online games you play on Windows Live? Anyways, they can have it, I'll stick with FS9 and FSX, they are problem enough :lol:

lordsniper

Post by lordsniper »

esg wrote:Well, there's a lot of pessimism here.
Sorry but I still don't understand why MS closed aces studio, in france FSX deluxe is still in the the top 20 of the 'most bought pc games in a month'
and I'm sure that SP3 or even sp4 would be out if aces wasn't closed, don't forget that it's really badly optimised for core2duo or any dual core, even with SP2 ACE team wasn't 'transparent' about games issues or customer feedback, at least for me...

secondly, closing ACES to makes new windows Online games ? Let just hope ms flight won't be the first mmo-flightsimulator

so i'm not pessimist :) but i can't agree with ms decision

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

Seriously, I hate all of the comments above but alas, everybody can think what he/she wants. I am only happy that your pessimism is not/will not be reflected in MS final product. This kind of attitude has come from the peer-pressure phenomenon around and we tend to put the blame on someone. Well, we always blame everybody but not ourselves.

I'm not saying that I'm happy with what the current sim has, but, there's always room for improvement. Other people, interested in other things don't have a sim. Be grateful that we have something we love put into a computer instead.

Let's all be positive with this thing and please, if your comment is on a negative tone, think twice before you post. We've heard enough of the same thing.

Regards

brad9825

Post by brad9825 »

actually its gonna be more framerates freindly. it sounds kind of stupid but i kgb'ed and they said that microsoft announced that it will higher quality textures at high resolution or something like that

A321flyer

Post by A321flyer »

i am wanting to see the system requirements for this simulator, if it something like FSX, more or less, lets just hope it does not require a "six core" processor for max FPS or anything like that. for some of us, even FS9 will once in a while give us a little hint of lag here and there. even though our hardware is high end video cards and overclocked cpu's.

another thing i really would like to see is compatibility with past add-ons like PMDG or level-d with ms flight. because no matter what, aircraft made by microsoft just do not reach up to standards at all.(jetliners speaking wise...)

Atomic_13

Post by Atomic_13 »

The graphic looks stunning to me. The way the terrain is modelled looks great IMHO.