what will be a freeware gem

KillerK

Re: what will be a freeware gem

Post by KillerK »

That's truly amazing.

I wonder if it's doable for airliners as well, or if it's just limited to smaller aircraft. I've love to see an extremely high detailed Airbus like the Aerosoft one albeit for FS9, one can always dream I guess.

Tom Clayton

Post by Tom Clayton »

Size onscreen makes no difference. Bill Ortis himself has already released a demonstrator using the new technique applied to GMax. It's a Boeing Blended Wing Body (BWB). The external model is nice if not remarkable, but the VC is extremely detailed. There's not much clickable or animated, but if you zoom in on an individual toggle switch, you'll see that instead of the usual four or five sided block, each and every one is round!

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=152069

sinsnowman

Post by sinsnowman »

Well this sounds real great!! Looks like a much detailed version of A380 can be done ;)

Kurosaki

Post by Kurosaki »

"This man found ways to make ‘more’ revolutionary FS details, and in this now vintage simulator, FS2004.  He has a jacket on the pilot, that when airborn, his sleeves ‘ruffle’ in the wind, literally buffeting like real fabric."

Im overjoyed my concern is: what industry of proceeding / computing power would be required to see and enjoy such detail?

"So if it runs like glass on this unit, imagine Win7 64 with 6 to 8 gigs of RAM.  Well, you wouldnt tell the difference as its already running smoothly.  So it seems that the tales of ‘huge models, if they could be made for FS2004, would slow the sim down to a jittering mess’ is totally untrue.  Super models can now be made in FS2004, and they run fast and smooth."

And the win 7, 64 bit 6-gb of RAM machine is exactly what I have. I'll believe it runs well when I see it for myself.
Last edited by Kurosaki on 05 Feb 2011, 23:49, edited 1 time in total.

bang_amin

Post by bang_amin »

Kurosaki wrote:"This man found ways to make ‘more’ revolutionary FS details, and in this now vintage simulator, FS2004.  He has a jacket on the pilot, that when airborn, his sleeves ‘ruffle’ in the wind, literally buffeting like real fabric."

Im overjoyed my concern is: what industry of proceeding / computing power would be required to see and enjoy such detail?

"So if it runs like glass on this unit, imagine Win7 64 with 6 to 8 gigs of RAM.  Well, you wouldnt tell the difference as its already running smoothly.  So it seems that the tales of ‘huge models, if they could be made for FS2004, would slow the sim down to a jittering mess’ is totally untrue.  Super models can now be made in FS2004, and they run fast and smooth."

And the win 7, 64 bit 6-ghost of.RAM machine is exactly what I have. I'll believe it runs well when I see it for myself.
My computer runs the 797 with 40FPS steady (and locked @ 40FPS) with REX in FS9 (except in thick cloudy day, it drops to around 20ish) both in VC and Exterior. I guess i can say that they deliver what they said before. But, i'm wondering with Captain Sim products. If this model could deal with a million or more poly and still runs so smooth in FS, why none of CS can? I mean, CS products aren't yet implementing this breakthrough, right?

iheart707

Post by iheart707 »

1. Any 797 that I've used has been a joke of an airplane. The models are very simplistic, unrealistic, and have a very low polygon count. That's why you're finding that your computer is having an easy time rendering the airplane.

2. Some of Captain Sim's airplanes are FSX Compatible, but are not true FSX models (There is a huge frame improvement when using FSX only models in FSX as compared to FS2004 models).

3. Your experience in the game is really determined by the sheer power you put into your computer. The more power you give it, the better your experience will be. It's that simple.

Back to the topic at hand though...

The plane looks great so far. The Epic Victory jet was a fantastic, and very unique airplane to fly since it was so frame rate friendly. Surprisingly, it also had a glass cockpit with fluid-like 3D gauges and such. He's had a track record of payware quality, so let's hope the freeware airplanes don't disappoint.

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

Freeware aircraft never disappoint. It's your expectation from freeware that makes you disappointed.

Regards

bang_amin

Post by bang_amin »

iheart707 wrote:1. Any 797 that I've used has been a joke of an airplane. The models are very simplistic, unrealistic, and have a very low polygon count. That's why you're finding that your computer is having an easy time rendering the airplane.

2. Some of Captain Sim's airplanes are FSX Compatible, but are not true FSX models (There is a huge frame improvement when using FSX only models in FSX as compared to FS2004 models).

3. Your experience in the game is really determined by the sheer power you put into your computer. The more power you give it, the better your experience will be. It's that simple.
I'm think that you think i use the 787-modded thingy called as 797 (don't want to mention the developer's name). The truth is i'm using the 797 BWB that Tom linked on the top. It's not a joking airplane, because it's not just a 787 modded into 797, but a BWB. And, this 797 is done by the William Ortis (the founder of the Unlimited Export System), and the proof-of-concept of the Unlimited Export System.

Try to download the 797 from the AVSIM @ the Tom's link, and if you need further prove: http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Boeing_797.html

Second, for the Captain Sim, since i'm not the developer on CS, idk if what they say as FSX only is truly FSX native or just FS9 ported to FSX. What i know is that using FSX with the POSKY FSX native 777 + thunderstorm clouds with all settings at max, on my computer, produces a fluid 35ish FPS (and locked at 35) with no lag, and that's on exterior view, and not the 2D panel view, whilst using CS' 767 drops the framerates to only 10-15 FPS, with or without ENB, 2D or exterior.

Third, well, it's not that simple to get a straight-out performance. I've been tuning computers for almost 5 years from mid-end to high-end, and i can say that placing more power is not always equal to better gaming. You'll have to know bottleneck, x86/x64 limitation, efficient coding, etc. to understand that it's not just good hardware that gives you better experience, but the capability of the software that use the hardware (My major reason of switching from GMAX to 3DS Max, because GMAX is still x86, and 3DS Max is offered in both x86 & x64 version), stability of the system, and balance between hardware is also important.