Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Bjoern

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Bjoern »

Flight dynamics are still a question mark anyway and need to be worked over, but I can't do everything on my own.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

Ok, I have done flap work before I so I can change them if it's needed, as a starting point, I would probably change the A321 lift up by 5%

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

By the way: When was the last airport databse update?
The latest AIRAC update on the homepage is dated April 7th.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Bjoern wrote:
03 Jun 2018, 14:16
yes.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Bjoern wrote:
03 Jun 2018, 14:16
Hello Bjoern,

I am sorry, I am very busy currently and I am very late ! I will update Airport database next week with may and june new airports.

Sorry for the inconvenience.....

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

No problem.

And good to hear from you.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Heelo guys,

Sorry for the delay. I updated the airport database with May/june airports :

May/June 2018 airports
New Airports :

EGMC – London Southend – United Kingdom by MArtien Van Rooten
HAAB – Addis Ababa Bole – Ethiopia by Georges
KPIT – Pittsburgh – USA (Pensylvania by Francois Dore
OBBI – Manama – Bahrein by Abdullah Radwan
OJAI – Amman – Jordania by Abdullah Radwan
SACO – Cordoba – Argentina by Wulf Bindewald
SANT – San Miguel de Tucuman – Argentina by Wulf Bindewald
SANU – San Juan – Argentina by Wulf Bindewald
SASA – Salta – Argentina by Wulf Bindewald
SAVC – Comodoro Rivadavia – Argentina by Wulf Bindewald
SAWG – Rio Gallegos – Argentina by Wulf Bindewald
SAZN – Neuquen – Argentina by Wulf Bindewald
UAAA – Almaty – Kazakhstan by Martien Van Rooten
UACC – Astana – Kazakhstan by Martien Van Rooten
UHWW – Vladivostok – Russia by Martien Van Rooten
URKK – Krasnodar – Russia By Martien Van Rooten
URMM – Mineralnye Vody – Russia by Martien Van Rooten
UWWW – Samara – Russia by Martien Van Rooten

Updates :

URRR (4.02) Rostov On Don – Russia by Martien Van Rooten

Martien, I am so sorry, I missed 2 emails that I haven't seen about UNNT, UKFF, LTAC update and EGSS update. So, I will upload with the next update of July. Excuse me

Francois

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Hi, I landed in Brindisi LIBR. I selected rwy 32 approach but I found Vapp 0 ! Could you please check? Thanks!

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Prosdocimo wrote:
20 Jul 2018, 18:50
Hi, I landed in Brindisi LIBR. I selected rwy 32 approach but I found Vapp 0 ! Could you please check? Thanks!
Which STAR and concrete RWY 32 approach?

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

Hopefully it gets fixed so it's not star dependent (because they are all out of date anyway), the weird thing is that it's there if you just land and take off but disappears at some point during the climb/cruise/descent.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

I found that the speed changes from a defined value during approach e.g. 180K to 0 (at FAF) instead of the coded value ~160/140K on final. I have not recognized this prob in earlier panel versions.
I guess there is a conflict between the flap setting panel code e.g. when I use my Saitek throttle flap lever. So I repeated the flight and exceptionally used nec. flap settings with the keyboard commands PF6 or PF7 w/o speed indication probs. Furthermore I observed that the flap lever arm on the lower panel in the VC does not move using the joystick flap lever. But it moves correctly if I use the keyboard commands.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Is there a way to reset "trafic" alarm from TCAS? I was landing and it was pretty annoying as an aircraft was landing too behind me

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

I also found an issue. I was landing using autoland feature. But I forgot to activate AP number 2. So the aircraft started a go around procedure but AP was still following the ILS slope. Thus I crashed with toga throttle and nose down! So the ILS capture mode should be disabled in event of a go around initiation by Fmc, I think

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

wulfbindewald wrote:
21 Jul 2018, 08:36
I found that the speed changes from a defined value during approach e.g. 180K to 0 (at FAF) instead of the coded value ~160/140K on final. I have not recognized this prob in earlier panel versions.
I guess there is a conflict between the flap setting panel code e.g. when I use my Saitek throttle flap lever. So I repeated the flight and exceptionally used nec. flap settings with the keyboard commands PF6 or PF7 w/o speed indication probs. Furthermore I observed that the flap lever arm on the lower panel in the VC does not move using the joystick flap lever. But it moves correctly if I use the keyboard commands.
That's weird, I am pretty sure the VC lever moves when I move my axis. I get the VREF myself by slowing down until I get about 2-3* nose up on the slope.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

Prosdocimo wrote:
21 Jul 2018, 18:45
I also found an issue. I was landing using autoland feature. But I forgot to activate AP number 2. So the aircraft started a go around procedure but AP was still following the ILS slope. Thus I crashed with toga throttle and nose down! So the ILS capture mode should be disabled in event of a go around initiation by Fmc, I think
I can autoland with one AP pressed so I guess something else went wrong. The plane should not be able to trigger a GA, it has to be you. I am not even sure if they is an AP controlled GA on the Airbus.

Prosdocimo wrote:
21 Jul 2018, 15:16
Is there a way to reset "trafic" alarm from TCAS? I was landing and it was pretty annoying as an aircraft was landing too behind me
The TCAS is done by a third party, I believe it should stop when APPR is enabled so planes landing on parallel runways don't trigger it. But I am not sure if that can be fixed.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Flyer10 wrote:
22 Jul 2018, 09:03
wulfbindewald wrote:
21 Jul 2018, 08:36
That's weird, I am pretty sure the VC lever moves when I move my axis.
Only to be sure that we are speaking from the same panel version: panel 2.0G.
Could you please confirm, that the VC flap lever arm moves acc. to the joystick lever axis. If yes, there is something wrong on my PC.
The crazy thing is, that the upper ECAM shows the flap movements 1-1F-2-3-Full as expected.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

It could be different between planes, I am on 2.0C (I didn't know there was an upgraded version) using the A320. It is not unprecedented, the ignition switch has never worked in the VC for me in any version or any plane but it seems to work for everyone else.

I will double check when I am on the sim computer and edit this post.

Edit- my mistake, as above I have to use the engine popup to engage the ignition and that's where I recalled the lever moving, it does not move in the VC. Even the key commands don't move it and I believe it is because François changed it to custom coding to reflect the real life 1+F behaviour which doesn't work with the flaps axis.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

I recommend to install the latest panel 2.0G, see Francois´mail from 13. May 2018. Then further discussions might be easier. I agree, that the joystick command AXIS_FLAPS_SET does not work with the panel coding (jet).

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Flyer10 wrote:
22 Jul 2018, 09:07
Prosdocimo wrote:
21 Jul 2018, 18:45
I can autoland with one AP pressed so I guess something else went wrong. The plane should not be able to trigger a GA, it has to be you. I am not even sure if they is an AP controlled GA
In theory you shouldn't because François should have coded a restriction on it. Autoland is only available when both AP buttons are on. But i may be wrong!

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Prosdocimo wrote:
23 Jul 2018, 14:07
Autoland is only available when both AP buttons are on.
yep, at least since panel 2.0G.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Yes in 2.0G they (Bjern and François) implemented this function. Autoland is only possible with AP1 and 2 activated

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

AP1+AP2 for autoland was François' work, not mine.

And there is not going to be a fix for the flap axis as I've simply lost my motivation to go on.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

It's strange that the 2d lever moves correctly, isn't it a case of just copying that code to the VC? Anyway, it's not something I noticed in using it for many months as I look at my own axis to check flap position instead of the VC one.

I was on 2.0G, I just didn't copy the .txt file across. Are the A32x_Sounds and A32x_XML_Config gauges 32 or 64 bit? I think you may have said many months ago but I am not sure if I need to copy these or not for P3dV4. I haven't copied these at the moment so maybe it could account for some differences?

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

It's all in the readme.

And the 2D and VC lever code is different.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

A32x panel 2.0G: The frequencies are not displayed in the A320_CFM VC radio stack. All other aircraft versions A318, A319, A320_IAE and A321 work fine, see examplary pic below.
- The VC model is for all versions the same, so this should not be the culprit.
- I checked the model.cfg from the A320_CFM and tried both existing aircraft models (A320_200_CFM.mdl from 2011 and A320_200_CFM_noflexlightsblur.mdl from 04.06.2017) but without success.

Has this been recognized from other users too? How can this be solved?

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

I will check this evening as the A320 CFM is the only one I am flying at the moment, it's possible an install went wrong somewhere as there's so much copying required with all these updates.

Edit - everything works exactly as it should for me. Normally this would be a font issue but I would think that would affect all planes.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Check the panel.cfg.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Hi Wulf, i had the same problem. I don't remember the fix, but just compare the electrical section in aircraft.cfg between A320cfm and an other airbus were things are ok. The first number should be 0 for all the entries if i recall well....

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Prosdocimo wrote:
25 Jul 2018, 20:17
Hi Wulf, i had the same problem. I don't remember the fix, but just compare the electrical section in aircraft.cfg between A320cfm and an other airbus were things are ok. The first number should be 0 for all the entries if i recall well....
Thanks, you nailed it. The line "avionics_bus = 1 , 14 , 17.0" should be changed to "avionics_bus = 0 , 14 , 17.0" in the A320_CFM aircraft.cfg, [electrical] section. Now the frequencies are visible again in the VC radio stack. As you stated, all other A32... versions already include the "0".

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Hello, guys.

It's been several months since I last flew the A320 FD-FMC and I'd like to ask something. How can I add or remove waypoints in the latest FMC version? Also, how can I manually add waypoints with GPS coordinates? And how can I change the active waypoint? All this is important for me because I fly online, so ATC may give flight plan changes enroute.

Thanks!

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

I don't think you can add waypoints without adding some other kind of FMC (I can tell you how if you have a Carenado Pro line system plane), changing active waypoints is easy, just add a popup of the default GPS into the panel.cfg and use that. It may already be there but I am not sure.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

I think you can, old FMC is still available (shift+7?). You could manage it from there

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

I can still autoland with only 1 AP pressed in 2.0G, which file is the new code in? I want to make sure that it is copied across. Thanks.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Flyer10 wrote:
28 Jul 2018, 11:14
I can still autoland with only 1 AP pressed in 2.0G, which file is the new code in? I want to make sure that it is copied across. Thanks.
I recommend to install the full panjel 2.0G in one step, not partial to avoid compatibilty risks and I think the installation is much easier.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Please check François' posts around 24 - 29 september 2017. Both AP1/2 must be on in order to permit autoland . I'll do a test tomorrow

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Edit: post canceled

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

I did a test, you are right! It can land also with one AP button on

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Prosdocimo wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 18:52
I did a test, you are right! It can land also with one AP button on
Edit: AP1 land and APPR button on includes currently the flare characteristic with smooth touch down too with panel 2.0G.
The aim was that this auto landing with flare will only be achievable with AP1+AP2. Francois to be asked....

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

I get full flare with just AP1 on, I just assumed I must have missed something when copying across. IRL you should not even get the LAND come up and I believe there would be some kind of ECAS warning while on the ILS with just one AP on.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Probably IRL is not mandatory but strongly recommended (thus mandatory as standard procedure) in case of one of the two A/P faillure during landing?

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

AP1 is for up to CAT1, while AP1+2 is required for CAT2 and 3 or something like that.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

It's mandatory for autoland IRL for the reasons you state. I don't think the sim distinguishes between different Cats, it seems to autoland on all of them. It should not autoland on CAT I IIRC.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Two things I noticed recently:

STAR and STATUS are missing the > like the rest of the items in the right column.

The text enclosed in red is poking out of the screen.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

It's all gone a bit quiet on here, I am looking to improve a few things I have always had trouble with.
1-Overspeed when light under 10000 feet
2-Aircraft will get stuck at 700fpm leading to over speed after you have been told to level off and then climb again leading to major overspeed
3-Aircraft wont descend at TOD or whenever you have levelled off, it gets stuck at 1200 fpm leading to a stall
4-Flex is virtually the same as Toga, Should be 85-92 instead of 94-96%
5-No vref or vapp on airports without a star.

I am pretty sure I have fixed 1-4 but I am having trouble with #5, I can upload the xml files if anyone wants them and does anyone know how to do number 5? I have changed visibility settings to "(A:Sim On Ground,bool) 0 == " without success.

moskito-x

Post by moskito-x »

Flyer10 wrote:
16 Aug 2018, 15:58
5-No vref or vapp on airports without a star.
I am pretty sure I have fixed 1-4 but I am having trouble with #5, I can upload the xml files if anyone wants them and does anyone know how to do number 5?
That comes from the missing altitude at the waypoints. No STAR no vertical guidance.
You use a flight plan created von A to B with all waypoints include the SID waypoints and STAR waypoints.
SID and STAR as normal waypoints without altitude.

FD-FMC is not for such kind of flights.
You can do it but without VNAV.

Cheers
Thomas

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

I don't use the SIDS and STARS at all, my ATC provides that, I was trying to find another way to trigger it, radar altitude, gear down or flaps full instead of the approach phase being selected. I think that would be better as it would show for everyone if they had to turn around or divert to another airport.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello Guys,

Really sorry for my absence since spring. Many many personnal issue. and I did a heart infarct ten days ago. I tired, but I decided to try to update airport database and aircraft panel.

I don't know if some bugs exist yet, because I didn't use my sim since my last message. I remember about the night bitmap trouble of the FMC windows, but I had no solution about.....

If there is some little bugs yet, I can fix them....

Francois

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,
good to know you are back and I wish you all the best for the future.
I think "health recovery" is now prio 1....

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello,

Airports database updated, with following airports :

NEW AIRPORTS :

EFKK Kokkola-Pietarsaari - Finland by Martien Van Rooten
EFOU Oulu - finland by Martien Van Rooten
EFTU Turku - Finland by Martien Van Rooten
EFVA Vaasa - Finland by Martien Van Rooten
EPPO Poznań–Ławica - Poland by Martien Van Rooten
LBBG Burgas - Bulgaria by Martien Van Rooten
LBWN Varna - Bulgaria by Martien Van Rooten
OEJN Djeddah - Saudi Arabia by Martien Van Rooten
SANC San Fernando del Valle - Argentina by wulf Bindewald
SAVT Trelew - Argentina by Wulf Bindewald
SAZM Mar del Plata - Argentina by Wulf Bindewald
SAZY San Martin de los Andes - Argentina by Wulf Bindewald
UHHH Khabarovsk Novy - Russia by Martien Van Rooten
UIII Irkutsk - Russia by Martien Van Rooten
UKFF Simferopol - Russia by Martien Van Rooten
UNNT Tolmatchevo - Russia by Martien Van Rooten
USTR Roshchiçno - Russia by Martien Van Rooten
ZBAA Beijing - China by Martien Van Rooten
ZSNJ Nanjing Lukou - China by Martien Van Rooten
ZSPD Shanghai Pudong - China by Martien Van Rooten
ZUUU Chengdu - China by Martien Van Rooten

AIRPORTS UPDATED :

CYLW Kelowna - Canada (4.02) by Wulf Bindewald
CYQR Regina - Canada (4.01) by Wulf Bindewald
CYVR Vancouver - Canada (4.01) by Wulf Bindewald (2 versions: FSX stock and FSDreamteam Vancouver Scenery)
CYWG Winipeg - Canada (4.01) by Wulf Bindewald
CYXE Saskatoon - Canada (4.01) by Wulf Bindewald
KEGE Eagle County - USA (4.02) by Wulf Bindewald
KEUG Eugene - USA (4.02) by Wulf Bindewald
KLMT Klamath Falls - USA (4.03) by Wulf Bindewald
KMFR Rogue Valley - USA (4.03) by Wulf Bindewald
KSEA Seattle Tacoma - USA (4.01) by Wulf Bindewald
KSMF Sacramento - USA (4.02) by Wulf Bindewald
LTAC Ankara - Turkey (4.01) by Martien Van Rooten
PAHO Homer - USA Alaska (4.04) by Wulf Bindewald ( 2 versions ; FSX stock & ORBX PAHO Scenery)
SAME Mendoza - Argentina by Wulf Bindewald
SAWC El Calafate - Argentina by Wulf Bindewald

New AIRAC files :
- FreenavAIRAC_11032018.BGL
-XFMC_11032018.BGL

online on http://freenavdbgroup.com/?page_id=832

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Hi, we all send you our best wishes for your health!