EP-80/MD-80 Mod Project

xparamorex316

EP-80/MD-80 Mod Project

Post by xparamorex316 »

I've been browsing around trying to find some things to do during my really long winter break from college. (one thing to note, I am a real big maddog fan so that should explain my thought process) I came across the original GMAX source files for the SGA MD-80 that were put up on Flightsim.com as a way for other modelers to improve upon it (was put up by the original creator.) Well to make a long story short I came upon this new mod made for the MD-80 and I was looking for a way to incorporate it into the model and animate the thrust reversers along with some other minor edits like maybe using different textures for the plane or tweaking the wingflex.
Any ideas or suggestions on how to maybe do this. I have a very limited knowlege of GMAX and I know how to use Photoshop. I also understand XML programming to a minor degree.
- Thanks for the help everyone!

PS. also interested in teaming up with anyone who might want to help revive this good ole' plane! Some other notes, this engine mod was being made by someone before but i've recently found out that the project was abandoned from the looks of it.

iheart707

Re: EP-80/MD-80 Mod Project

Post by iheart707 »

Ah yes, the EP 80. :lol:

This might help you with the animation bit...

[youtube]akbokg9Qcp8[/youtube]

Check out the rest of the videos on their channel for more HD close ups and other cool MD-80 stuffs. It could come in handy.