Support Project Airbus A318/319/320/321 FD Special Version

TheRedBaron

Re: Support Project Airbus A318/319/320/321 FD Special Versi

Post by TheRedBaron »

fdd_fr wrote:I'll fix this, but let me a little time, because there are many possible configuration to program and test and it takes time
Others following this thread, please take note of this.

Thanks for your work Francois :) I haven't had a chance to try your new system out yet, but I will as soon as I get FSX back up and running at full capacity!

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

thank you for your understanding TheRedBaron. Flying a triplane leads to wisdom :)

I am sorry, guys. I have posted this 0.37 too quickly. There is too bugs inside. I Rewrite the code and I will do more test before post.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

When the aircraft is accelerating to 300 KIAS, aircraft speed is more than 300 (it's 310-315KIAS) then the speed is decreasing to 285-275, later the speed stabilize to 300. If possible, later could You fix this?

Im sorry if I'm asking too much.

TheRedBaron

Post by TheRedBaron »

fdd_fr wrote:thank you for your understanding TheRedBaron. Flying a triplane leads to wisdom :)
Hahah :) Now...if only I could get my hands on a freeware one for FSX :D

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Airbus Fan wrote:When the aircraft is accelerating to 300 KIAS, aircraft speed is more than 300 (it's 310-315KIAS) then the speed is decreasing to 285-275, later the speed stabilize to 300. If possible, later could You fix this?

Im sorry if I'm asking too much.
with each update of the panel, I try to improve my autopilot, but this is not a easy thing, because this is a home made autopilot (FSX autopilot doesn't work at constant thrust). I think that I will not get to perfection, because It is not a real PID controler and I work on this autopilot since 5 months !

So a thing very important is the FPS. If your FPS go below 15 FPS, my autopilot can not work properly. Check your FPS.

TheRedBaron wrote:
fdd_fr wrote:thank you for your understanding TheRedBaron. Flying a triplane leads to wisdom :)
Hahah :) Now...if only I could get my hands on a freeware one for FSX :D

I promise you a better plane and more secure than the Fokker . Von Richthofen will be an Airbus fan ;)

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

My FPS is 21-30.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

The autopilot use different setting, according the altitude.

The Altitude segments are :

0 to 10000 ft
10000 to 20000ft
more than 20000ft.

Can you tell me in which segment you have the problem ?

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

10000 to 20000ft.

Now i have other problem... Aircraft stops to climb at FL290..

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Airbus Fan wrote:10000 to 20000ft.

Now i have other problem... Aircraft stops to climb at FL290..
I will check my N1 curves.

To temporary solves your problem, you can increase the N1 value, while you fly in the gauge, in the climb page. Click on the N1 box and set a higher value.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Can you tell me approximately , the weight of your aircraft when the problem was arrived

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

62216kg

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

light aircraft ; Ok. I will check the new calculation of the N1 curves with light gross weight.

Thank you for the information and thank you to help me to debug.

Regards

Francois

EDIT : Maybe a problem of my mach mode controler (29000ft is the defaut altitude of conjunction between IAS/MACH). I will check this way so.

TheRedBaron

Post by TheRedBaron »

fdd_fr wrote:If your FPS go below 15 FPS, my autopilot can not work properly.
I'm just curious--is this because of how the code interfaces with the sim? Or is it a code-based limitation? I could forsee problems with such a system, simply because FSX does have moments, even on the best machines, where it will randomly drop off an FPS cliff.
fdd_fr wrote:I promise you a better plane and more secure than the Fokker . Von Richthofen will be an Airbus fan ;)
Already love Airbus :D

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

This is because I use timers to control permanently the pitch of the aircraft. ^This is the only solution that I have found to simulate a PID controler ( Proportionnal Integral Derivative function : This the algorythm used to writr an autopilot and I don't know how it work so, I must found a other solution to write this autopilot).

FSX has a gauge refresh cycle of 18 times per second. So if the FPS are below, the code of the gauge is not executed 18 times per second and my timers are desynchronous, and the control of the pitch is disturbed. I don't know if you understand what I mean, because my english is very poor to explain that.

I have found a huge bug : When the aircraft reaches his cruise alitude, the autopilot toggle in Mach mode, even if the aircraft is below the MACH/IAS transition altitude (below, It must toggle in IAS mode, but I have made an error in my code); So, If you select a low cruise alitutde, the aicraft will go to overspeed at cruis altitude.

Sorry for these mistakes.

Let me a week to correct this version.

Thank you

Francois

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Hi,

How are You getting to correcting bugs?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

ILS doesn't works yet in HDG mode when FMS is active.... I search ....

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

It seems to work now. I am in final test.

I think that I will post the updated panel tomorrow, in the morning.

All the buggs of the 0.37 must be corrected and the pitch/speed contoler will be improved.

Francois

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Yay! Good news! :)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello,

Here is the link to download the new panel 0.37a, which correct all the bugs of the 0.37 version

Panel 0.37a for A320 FMS version - December 23th

The followings bugs have been corrected

Changes between 0.37 and 0.37a
=============================
- New organisation of the FMS xml files that are now segmented in flight phases. Be careful : new panel.cfg ; you must erase all the old "panel" folder to replace by this new version.
- When the aircraft reached its cruise altitude, aircraft toggle in mach mode, even if the aircraft was at low altitude, so that created overspeed : corrected
- some readings of the FMA was double in some cases : corrected
- No green ALT reading on the FMA while descent in V/S mode : corrected
- New default N1 calculation according the gross weight of the aircraft : Now, when the aircraft is light weight, there is no underpowered.
- some changes in my pitch/speed control autopilot for a better accuracy speed while climb
- All the FMA readings are corrected
- New default conjunction altitude (was 29000ft, now 30000ft) according the offcials charts. For the next update, I will give you a chart to calculate this conjunction altitude, according IAS and mach speed.
- you can leave the FMS activated until the end of the flight : To descent, you must pull the V/S knob to engage reversion mode, and re-push the HDG knob to re-engage the GPS nav mode.

NOTA : If you want delete my debug gauge (red lines informations in the 2D cockpit, edit Panel.CFG file and delete the line
- Gauge21=A320_FMS!Debug, 1,1,600,200
in the [WINDOW00] section

Very important

- LOC button is only to track a VOR (with CRS knob) or VOR runway guidance. Don't use in Nav or ILS mode !! (according the real Airbus)

- To follow a flight plan, just toggle the GPS/NAV in GPS position : That's engage the NAV mode in GPS mode.

- to ILS landing, press ILS button then APPR button (don't press the LOC button) according the real aircraft.

Thank you for your feedbacks and excuse me for the 0.37 panel and its bugs.

Francois

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Hi,

When I was making an ILS landing, LOC was captured, but G/S not. Maybe it's my fault? Or another bug?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

ILS works now. But, to capture G/S, you must be at the right altitude. If your are too low or to high, you will have problem.

FSX ILS works as follwing :

LOC can be captured at 30nm of the runway.

G/S can be captured at 15/10nm of the runway.

To capture the G/S, the ideal altitude is 2700 feet above the runway elevation. Check the verticale magenta diamonds on the PFD. You must engage APPR before the diamond past the centerline. If the diamond is below, you cannot capture the G/S.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

I tried 2700ft, I do all as You written. But G/S isnt captured...

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

This new version of the ILS requires a precision approach.

The aircraft must fly to the Axis of the ILS runway. If you fly away of this axis, you cannot capture the LOC and you cannot capture the G/S. It is difficult for me to explain that with my poor english. I will do some shemes to explain.

In the reality, the ILS beam is very close and you must enter in with a good way. You must approach of the axis of the runway with 30° max of angle and engage APPR button before cross the axis and before the vertical magenta diamond be under the centerline. That's need accuracy.

The old function, that it was in the default FSX aircrafts and project airbus aircraft , used the NAV mode to capture the LOC; so, in this case, you can fly in any direction, the capture always works. But I think that is not realisitic, because it capture the LOC as it was a VOR, but a VOR is omnidirectional, but an ILS beam is close. And with this old function, the LOC capture must be do in HDG mode only. You could not capture the LOC in GPS/NAV mode.

There is a bug with the HDG reading on the FMA that don't appears in some cases.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

For example my destination is Vilnius Int'l airport runway 02 (heading is 17)

I turn heading to 47 (angle is 30), then I press ILS button and APPR button. LOC is captured, and the aircraft is going straight for the runway. Then 10-11Nm from the runway G/S is captured, but when the aircraft should start to descent, nothing happens... I tried to do this landing 3 times.. But the same problem.

Sorry for my bad english.... :(

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I think that your LOC is not properly captured.

Here is a sample in video that I have made this moorning. Sound is not synchronous and the HDG reading doesn't work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GntoEBBV ... r_embedded

When you press the APPR button, It is very important that the aircraft fly in direction of the runway axis, and capture the LOC before cross the axis.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

I think I know where is the problem. I'll try to land now.

EDIT: now everything is OK. I forgot to press CALL nav button... But that Beep Beep sound is annoying :D

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Ok. Without radio, no ILS ^^

To be sure that everybody understand this new ILS version, here is a sheme :

Dashes line is imagninary axis of the runway.

Aircrafts A will capture the LOC, even if you press in advance the APPR button, because, their trajectory cross the axis of the runway (they fly to the axis).

If you press the APPR button for the Aircraft B when it is in this position, the LOC will not be captured, because his trajectory don't cross the axis off the runway exept if your are in the ILS beam, but the ILS beam is very close. The aircraft fly out of the axis.

Edit : For information, the end of the green ILS cone of the GPS map is the level 2700ft above airport elevation, last moment where you must begin the G/S

I hope that is clear.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Thank You for info. :)

Rednacks

Post by Rednacks »

Hello François !
Always a nice work from you, this aircraft is extraordinary !
However, there are some points which annoy me and that I don't understand, maybe you'll be able to give me explanation :
- When I take off with all the settings controlled by the FMS, the aircraft goes too fast ! With flaps 3, flex detent and 65000 kg grossweight, I take off at Vr=140 knots, and as I'm climbing, the speed increase very fast : at 1000 ft I am at 210 knots, and the flaps has already retracted automatically since 500 ft. The "acc red" doesn't really solve the problem.
- Talking about this, there is a point I don't understand : why the V/S setting must be related to the speed setting ? Why can't I choose to let the FMS control the speed while I'm controlling the V/S ? Moreover, when I click on the V/S button to control it by myself, the other setting (NAV, speed, etc.) are not controlled by the FMS anymore and fix on one value. Furthermore, the fact that speed and V/S are related sometimes creates some troubles. To reduce speed, the FMS increases the pitch of the aircraft and sometimes I'm with 20° pitch :\
- This is a problem that surely comes from me, but can you tell me which section of the sound.cfg is for the " clack " sound when passing from the CL detent to the FLEX detent for example ? I think I made a mistake editing this file ..
- Is the " save SID " and " save STAR " option is already available ? If yes, how can I use it ?

Thank you again for all your work, I'm impatient to discover the future versions ! :D
(sorry for my poor english :$)

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

This FMS version isn't completed yet. There is some bugs, but i think he fix them. :)

P.S. Your english isn't so bad. :D

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Rednacks wrote:Hello François !
Always a nice work from you, this aircraft is extraordinary !
However, there are some points which annoy me and that I don't understand, maybe you'll be able to give me explanation :
- When I take off with all the settings controlled by the FMS, the aircraft goes too fast ! With flaps 3, flex detent and 65000 kg grossweight, I take off at Vr=140 knots, and as I'm climbing, the speed increase very fast : at 1000 ft I am at 210 knots, and the flaps has already retracted automatically since 500 ft. The "acc red" doesn't really solve the problem.

Hi Rednacks,

thank you for your message.

For your overspeed at take off, do you set a derated temperature in flex mode ? 65000kg is a light weight. So , if the current outdoor temp is 10° celsius, set your FLEX TO TEMP at 40 or 45°. If you don't derate the flex to temp, engines will go to maximum continuous thrust (97% of N1). This is the reason why you take off and your first climb segment is too fast.
You can derate of 50° minus the current temp in FLEX mode, to adjust the thrust at take off.
So, the standard flaps psosition to takeoff on Airbus A320 is the postion "2" or 1"+F" if you are very light. but not "3" (only for short runway).

Take a screenshot of you TAKEoFF page setting and post it here; I will tell you where is the wrong settings.
Rednacks wrote: - Talking about this, there is a point I don't understand : why the V/S setting must be related to the speed setting ? Why can't I choose to let the FMS control the speed while I'm controlling the V/S ? Moreover, when I click on the V/S button to control it by myself, the other setting (NAV, speed, etc.) are not controlled by the FMS anymore and fix on one value. Furthermore, the fact that speed and V/S are related sometimes creates some troubles. To reduce speed, the FMS increases the pitch of the aircraft and sometimes I'm with 20° pitch :\
This the real process on Airbus aircraft. That's called "reversion mode". I don't understand the utility of these mode, but I have created them like the real aircraft.
- When you are in managed mode and you select V/S --> you toggle in SPEED and HDG mode.
- When you are in speed or mach mode and selected ALT, if you push ALT to toggle ALT in managed mode, ----> you toggle A/THR from Speed/MACH to THR CLB or THR IDLE mode

This is as in the real aircraft.

Rednacks wrote: - This is a problem that surely comes from me, but can you tell me which section of the sound.cfg is for the " clack " sound when passing from the CL detent to the FLEX detent for example ? I think I made a mistake editing this file ..
- Is the " save SID " and " save STAR " option is already available ? If yes, how can I use it ?

Thank you again for all your work, I'm impatient to discover the future versions ! :D
(sorry for my poor english :$)

The throttle clack sound is not in the sound folder of the aircraft. The clack sound is located in the FSX\Sound\Callout_FD\ folder. Its name is Notch.wav . I use a special gauge to play somes sounds .

The code for load and save SID and STAR is not yet wrote. At this time, you can just modify the FSX flight plan in the gauge, with add SID and STAR and save the new flight plan.

Thank you for your interest.

Francois

Rednacks

Post by Rednacks »

Thank you for all your advice !
I will try it tomorrow and I will keep you informed.

Merci d'avance ;)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Look at rednacks :

- In this case, aircarft has a light weight ( 1)
- OAT is the ambiant temp (2 )
- select FLX/MCT takeoff thrust (3)
- (4 ) in this box, you can choose to derate the take off thrust; if you leave the OAT temp, engines will be at their Maximum continuoous thrust (97% of N1); Select a higher temperature, and the Takeoof thrust will decrease; I select 46°

5 - You can see the value of flex to temp here and you can see that the SRS speed (V2 + 15 knots) is hold
6 - The N1 value is 91.3% ; The thrust has been "derated" by the FLEX TO TEMP setting.

Don't forget to set the flaps position before takeoff; You must select the position manually; this is not automatic. Only the retractation of the flaps is controled by the SFCC gauge, not the deployement.

When the aircraft will be completed, I will join a chart to calculate this value.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi everyboy,

Happy Christmas for you and your family.

Here is an update of the panel ( 0.38 ) :

Panel 0.38 for A320 FMS version - December 25th

which correct the following bugs

- Some readings on the FMA was superimposed in ILS mode : this bug is corrected
- in ILS mode, in some cases, the LOC and the G/S wasn't captured, but the HDG or NAV and ALT mode was disengaged : I have corrected these bugs. I have re-wrote a new algorythm for ILS mode. Now, LOC et G/S can be captured only if the Aircraft is on the ILS beam.
You can arm the ILS when you want, you will have LOC and G/S on the second line of the FMA. When the aircraft cross the ILS beam, and only at this moment, the system toggle to LOC* or G/S* and the signal is captured (ALT, NAV or HDG are disengaged at this moment). This new process if very secure ! Now I think that the ILS works perfectly.
- This new panel has a new set of bitmap for the ND in high resolution. But it remain to me to chage some readings in the ND to be realistic with the real aircraft.

Thank you

François

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

In this update still need to press CALL NAV1?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Yes, for ILS landing, you must always call radio NAV1.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

But that sound "Beep Beep", its possible to delete it? Becouse it's very annoying :D

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I think that I can add a function to turn off the NAV sound. I will search tomorrow in the FSX 's list of xml instructions.

Rednacks

Post by Rednacks »

Okay all works good now ! :D I think the problem also came from the fact that I chose a SID with a left turn just after takeoff, which makes the speed increase at this moment. Thank's a lot for your help !
But there is still something that I don't control very well : the climb. After passing FL250 (something like this), the speed get estabilished at the climb speed I selected, so the verticale speed remains at about 500 ft per min and I reach my cruise level at 220 nm from the departure airport, which is not the case in reality.
Any solution ?

By the way, this is my takeoff settings page :
Last edited by Rednacks on 27 Dec 2012, 12:45, edited 1 time in total.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Hi Francois,

I have a problem with autoland. When the aircraft touches the ground, aircraft pitches to 13-18 degrees, then stall and crash...

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Have you fly above 5000ft AGL before landing ?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Rednacks wrote:Okay all works good now ! :D I think the problem also came from the fact that I chose a SID with a left turn just after takeoff, which makes the speed increase at this moment. Thank's a lot for your help !
But there is still something that I don't control very well : the climb. After passing FL250 (something like this), the speed get estabilished at the climb speed I selected, so the verticale speed remains at about 500 ft per min and I reach my cruise level at 220 nm from the departure airport, which is not the case in reality.
Any solution ?

By the way, this is my takeoff settings page :

If your aircraft was full loaded or if your have a strong head wind, this is possible that the end of the climb is very slow. Fsx default aircraft and many freewares are overpowered, and people use with full throttle. In real world, this is not the case.
Check the OAT when you are in flight; Sometimes, FSX has a bug and the temp doesn't decrease with altitude, so the engine thrust is perturbed when temp is false.

500ft/mn is a little too small, I accept; Real aircrafts complete their climb near 700/800ft/mn.

Think that you can adjust in the gauge, while flying, the N1 value. Yuo can increase it.

At each new version of the panel, I try to improve my constant climb autopilot; Let me time to do perfect autopilot. It is difficult to find right settings.

Rednacks

Post by Rednacks »

Okay, thank you very much I'll see what I can do with OAT and the N1 value !
You're making an amazing work !

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Thank you.

I have discover a bug in my FSX (and peharps in your FSX) Ambiant temperature frozen sometimes and the temperature doesn't decrease with altitude:

This is a big problem, because the thrust curves of engines are false in this case, and the aircraft lost power, and the climb will stop near 25000/ 27000ft.

If your have a problem of climb that doesn't finish, check the outdoor temperature at high altitude.

I use Active sky 2012 and I don't know if the problem comes from FSX or Active Sky.

Here is the beta 0.39 version of the panel :

Panel 0.39 for A320 FMS version - December 29th

What's new from 0.38 to 0.39
============================================================================
- I have totally modified the ND, to be like the real aircraft ( all is new and real)
- I have changed the "flag inficator" that inform the gauge that the aircraft has finish its takeoff, to unlock the autoland function (in the past, you must past 5000ft AGL, now, you must past 1500ft AGL and 200 KIAS) That correct bug if you make a fly without climb at high altitude)
- I have corrected few bugs, with the toggle between HDG/NAV/GPS/ and LOC VOR mode.
- Constant climb autopilot improved
- I have corrected a dozen of small errors code.

I hope that this version will work properly. I don't want begin the descent code code, if some bugs remains in this first partof the gauge.

The VOR track capture with the LOC button works now perfectly, and the VOR position of the ND selector give you the CRS of the tracked VOR to a quickly setting.

Nota : Aircraft doesn't appears on the new PLN page, beacause I havn't found the appropriate code and functions yet

Derek Mayer

Post by Derek Mayer »

I used to have that problem with Active Sky way back in FS2004, over 5 years ago now. Can't believe they haven't fixed it yet.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

apparently, they have not solved the problem! Or maybe it's to FSUIPC; I think active sky communicates with FSX using FSUIPC.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

The Active Sky 2012 is payware or freeware?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Payware.

I depicts very well the weather (I use it with REX textures), with very smooth transition (Direct weather Control mode) , but there is this temp bug sometimes.

I don't know weather software free.