Rednacks

Re: Support Project Airbus A318/319/320/321 FD Special Versi

Post by Rednacks »

Cool ! Can't wait anymore for the descent function :D

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Rednacks,

Be patient . If all is ok, I will post in 2 or 3 hours an update of the panel, with the first basic function of the managed descent.

I emphasize that this is the first part of the managed descent , because there will be many more opportunities later. But it takes time to write the code.

This first part calculates a TOD (Top of Descent) compared to the destination airport, for a point of arrival near 20/30nm of the airport, and 3000 feet above the airport elevation, to be redy for an ILS capture.

For now, my algorithm to tracking descent profile is not perfect, I'll improve it.

The rules :
An Airbus has a descent radius of 200Nm; That's mean that if you select an altitude below the actual, in the 200nm of the destination, the descent is automatically engaged.

If you want descent, you must be in this 200nm radius : you push a first time the ALT knob, the flashing reading "DECCELERATE" appears on the FMA; you have just to push a second time on the ALT Knob to confirm and engage the managed descent on THR IDLE mode.

If you not, while cruise, the gauge compute the TOD and when the aircraft reaches this point, flashing reading "DECCELERATE" appears on the FMA. You have just to push the ALT knob to engae directly the managed descent.

You can select intermediate level by pull the ALT Konb (OP DES mode).

You must wait to reach the terminal altitude before engage an ILS approach (aircraft toggle automatically in SPD and ALT mode in end of descent).

I have added the managed rrange descent symbol to the air speed indicator of the PDF, and the "MORE DRAG" message when while the descent, it is necessary to deploy the spoilers.

The next step, is to include the STAR process with transition fix and IAF fix in the descent management, with the Hold pattern capabilities.

Many things work to do.

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

Blackwolf, a member of the french forum Pilote-virtuel.com has given to me a storage space of its website, for the FMS Project file. That's solved the bandwitwh problems of Rapidshare. So, now, you can access to a folder with all necessary files.
Thak you very much blackwolf
He has created also a blog, but in french for now.

The blog adress is :
Project A320 FMS blog
I hope that we create an english version.

Here is the link to the folder of all files to a direct download :
A320 FMS files main folder

Now, there is the update of the panel in beta version 0.42, whith the first basic part of the managed descent. Name file is "Panel 0.42 CFM & IAE.zip".
You can download directly with this link
Panel beta 0.42 for CFM et IAE January 24th 2013

You must delete the panel folder and replace with this new version (many new files and new manel.cfg), for each version (CFM and IAE)

What's new with beta 0.42 january 24th 2013
==========================================================
- Fixed bug about key events send by the gauges, that could occur problems with the openning doors or turn the pushback.
- I have corrected the wind arrow orientation of the ND in PLN mode, that was not in the right direction (not according to the north)
- New FMS window size : Now = 1024x768 : The window is no sizeable now.
- The logical frame box of the FMS is more clear : white frame are optional parameters; cyan frame are mandatories.
- I have added the "-" key to the FMS to enter south latitude or east longitude when enter a waypoint by geographical coordonates. Degrees must be in decimal degrees.
-¨First basic caluclation of the TOD (Top of Descent) compute at this time only according by the differentiel altitude between flight level and 3000ft above the destination airport elevation.
- First basic function of managed descent to a target point, 3000ft above airport and near 30/20nm of the airport
- FMA readings for the managed descent
- smoothly transition between climb and level
- some small minors bugs fixed

Lile I said in my precedent post, to engage the managed descent, you must be in the 200nm radius of the destination airport.

When the aircraft reaches the TOD, reading "DECCELERATE" flashing on the FMA; you have just to push (left click) the ALT knob to engage the managed descent.

If you don't want wait this point, you can engage the managed descent when you want in the 200nm radius. Push 1 time the knob ALT : Reading "DECCELERATE" flashing, push a second time ALT and the managed descent will be engaged.

You have mode THR IDLE for a 0% N1 thrust, DES for a managed descent direct to the target altitude and OP DES to a selected descent to a selected altitude.

Descent path is controled by the gauge, but will be improved in the next days.

You have on the ASI the symbols for the Descent speed range (+/- 20 Kias).

If speed is too fast, or descent rate too low, you have the message "MORE DRAG" on the FMA, that inform you that you can use spoilers to have more drag. Seometimes, it is not imperative to extend spoilers, the pitch control do is job and the drag is not necessary.

At 14000ft, the managed speed decrease near 250 kias : You must extend the spoiler to decrease the speed.
After, the gauge decrease gradualy the speed with the altitude.

Important : Don't engage ILS mode or APPROACH mode, when the aircraf is in descent. Wait that he arrives to its target altitude. At this moment, FMS toggles from THR IDLE to SPEED mode and from DES or OP DES mode to ALT mode.

To engage an ILS approach, you must be in SPEED and ALT mode for the moment .

I repeat, this is a partial code. It remains to me many functions to write for this descent 'Transition, IAF, hold pattern ....=.

I have several weeks of work in front of me.

Some bugs are expected maybe.

Please, give me some feedback

Francois

TheRedBaron

Post by TheRedBaron »

Francois, you know you can use dropbox, right? It should have enough room.

fcerven

Post by fcerven »

Hi again Francois,

I have been watching the development of this panel ever since you started and have been flying the last version without a FMC for quite some time waiting for the descent portions with the FMC to be ready for testing. Downloaded and installed version 0.42 last night and did my standard KCOE (Coeur d'Alene, ID) to KPAE (Paine Field, Washington) test flight with cruise at 30,000 ft. All I can say is WOW!... what a difference.

The managed climb and cruise phases went flawlessly on the first attempt. Congratulations on a job well done. The descent did not go quit as well as expected probably because of my impatience. I had selected TOD at 130 miles out and the FMC told me it was an incorrect selection but I ignored it. As a result, when I reached that point and did not receive the DECCELERATE command I assumed an error in my data input occurred and took manual control for the remainder of the flight. Interestingly enough, I did receive the DECCELERATE command about 100 miles out during the manual descent. So, the reason for the lack of a managed descent was probably my fault. I plan to do a few more flights today and see if I can get it to work.

I also noticed a tendency for the aircraft to "hunt" during the cruise phase. It never settled at 30,000 feet but oscillated between 29,980 and 30,050 for the entire time. Again, this may be my fault because I did not modify any of my aircraft.cfg settings. I will look over this entire thread and, if necessary, make changes before any of today's flights.

Overall you should be proud of the progress you've made so far. If it's all right, I would like to be one of the users providing feedback this last phase of development. You've made a great addition to the freeware community and look forward to it's completion.

Keep up the good work,

Fred.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Fred,

Thank you for your message and feedback, it gives me courage to continue writing the code.

Above all, think the descent part is in its very beginning of the beginning. For the moment, it consists of only the most basic function that will serve me to find the right settings for the descent control and path.

I forgot to mention that, for the moment, we should not enter a value manually in the FMS for the TOD; you must let the FMS calculate TOD alone. (because the script is not completed)

For your cruising problem as a dolphin, do you remember if you had the reading "ALT CRZ" on the FMA ? This is important, because maybe the plane was never able to switch to cruise mode.

Alternatively, it may come from a bad center of gravity (too far forward or too far back and the autopilot can not adjust the trim smoothly).
This may come as a problem with the weather software. I had problem with eg active sky and an old version of FSUIPC that turned the wind constantly, and destabilized the flight.

When you encounter a problem, it would be great to make a screenshot of the 2D cockpit, because I include a debugging gauge (all informations that is displayed in red) and allow me to know all the parameters of the FMS at this time.

In any case, thank you very much for your feedback; it is much appreciated.

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I have made your flight. The FMS computed TOD is 136Nm

But, warning ! There is a bug in the descent code. Sometimes, speed in not properly controled by the gauge in managed descent. I search the origin of this problem. I think that I will find it quickly.

I will post an new A320_FMS_DES.xml file in few hours.

Sorry for the convenience

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

At this time, the managed descent of the 0.42 panel doesn't work ! Please wait 1 hour.

I have foound the problem. I insert comments in my code, to help me to know what I have wrote when I read my code later. So, comments cannot include french character as "é" ; In this case, that's occurs an error and the code that follow the comment in not executed.

I make my last test and I post the corrected file.

What a bullshit that the microsoft xml decoder read the comment content !!!!!

Sorr

Let me 1 hour for my last test.

Frrancois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Ok, the problem is solved.

You have just to download this small patch :
Patch for the 0.42 panel - managed descent bug fixed

The archive include just one file : A320_FMS_DES.xml. Copy this file in each \Panel\A320_FMS\ folder of each engine version of the aircraft to replace the old file.

Managed descent will work properly now.

Thank you

Francois

Brunchy

Post by Brunchy »

I love your Airbus!!

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Thank you so much !

fcerven

Post by fcerven »

Hi Francois,

Downloaded the 0.42 patch and had a chance to do a flight while watching the 24 hrs of Daytona. The climb and cruise performed flawlessly this time. No oscillations at altitude and it followed the climb plan as entered. So, great job there.

I entered 136 Kmiles for the start of the descent but couldn't enter any more information on the descent page. When I was about 136 miles out DECELERATE did flash on the PFD so I reduced power to 45%. This initiated the descent at 300 KT cruise speed. Since none of the descent parameters were entered in the FMC, I switched to FMC at about 30 miles out and 7000 ft and contined the landing manually. There were still some foothills to clear before dropping to 3500 to capture the approach. I'm slowly learning the instructions about pushing the altitude button to start the descent. 45% power seemed to work well giving a 2500 fpm initial descent reducing to about 1200 when I switched to NAV. Bottom line, I really have no bugs to report at this time.

Looking forward to your next descent installment.

Great job,

Fred

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Fcerven,

Thanks for feedback.

The managed descent is in the beginning; So today, the function is very basic. You havn't settings to enter at this time. Don't enter a TOD, this is the gauge that compute the TOD.

When you want to descent, Press (left clcik) the ALT button only; Thrust go to IDLE and you must see "THR IDLE" on the FMA.

To engage descent, you must :
- be at less than 200Nm of the destination
- In "ALT CRZ" mode and "SPEED" or "MACH" mode.
If you want descent before the TOD, press 2 times the ALT knob, if you descent when "DECCELERATE" flashing", press one time the ALT knob.

It may occurs some problems at low altitude. If the thrust increase without reason in THR IDLE mode, move back your throttles to solved the problem.

Now, I am several weeks of work to write all the descent code.

Be patient.

regards

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

Before continuing the descent part, I have to create the code that allows the gauge to import SID and STAR.
I'm trying to develop the strcuture files database and I'll take two prototype airports:

I chose PARIS ORLY - LFPO

I'll let you choose the second, preferably a little smaller.

Once I have developed the operation of the database, I hope that some people will help me complete this database (just writing text file).

This database will operate with all the Project Airbus that which will be equipped with my FMS.

In the meantime, I put an online version a little more stable panel 0.42:
Panel 0.43 CFM & IAE

Thanks

François

Rednacks

Post by Rednacks »

Hi Francois !
I tried the new panel with the descent function and I have a few questions :
- is -4400 ft/min a normal vertical speed at FL330 ?
- is it normal that the vertical speed stay at -4400ft/min, than switch to -1100ft/min than -3500ft/min etc. ?

Thank you !

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

At high altitude, the vertical speed in descent can be high; It is normal. Aircraft has low lift capbility, and air is rare.

For the variation, I will improved the algorythm; This is he beginning of my test. It is very long to adjust the right setting. I have past 3 months to find the right setting for the climb.

So be patient. The descent managment is more complex that the climb, even in real life; That is the reason why you have "Speed range symbols on the PFD", because, it is impossible to control precisely the speed in descent, even in a real liner. I have many many script test to do in the coming weeks.

Download the last panel (0.43, the link above) ; It improve a little the variations.

Don't forget that the panel is under construction work.

François

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Here is the future SID and STAR database fir the Project Airbus FMS

"Project Airbus" that I use already to save the gauge edited flight plan will have a folder per airport (by ICAO name)

Each airport folder will have 4 files :
SID.idx -------->SID index of the airport
STAR.idx-------> STAR index of the airport

SID.dat ----------> SID datas
STAR.dat ----------> STAR datas

In the gauge, you will choose an ICAO airport name and the gauge will diplay the list of SID or

Here is a sample of a SID index file (LFPO) ; you can find the LFPO chart here : https://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr ... 2.LFPO.pdf

Code: Select all

02,EAST,DIKOL
02,EAST,RANUX
02,EAST,BUBLI
02,SOUTH,DORDI
02,SOUTH,PILUL
02,SOUTH,OKASI
02,SOUTH,LATRA
02,SOUTH,ERIXU
02,SOUTH,AGOPA
02,WEST,LGL
02,WEST,EVX
02,NORTH,OPALE
02,NORTH,ATREX
02,NORTH,NURMO
06,EAST,DIKOL
06,EAST,RANUX
06,EAST,BUBLI
06,SOUTH,PILUL
06,SOUTH,OKASI
06,SOUTH,LATRA
06,SOUTH,ERIXU
06,SOUTH,AGOPA
06,WEST,LGL
06,WEST,EVX
06,NORTH,OPALE
06,NORTH,ATREX
06,NORTH,NURMO
08,EAST,DIKOL
08,EAST,RANUX
08,EAST,BUBLI
08,SOUTH,PILUL
08,SOUTH,OKASI
08,SOUTH,LATRA
08,SOUTH,ERIXU
08,SOUTH,AGOPA
08,WEST,LGL
08,WEST,EVX
08,NORTH,OPALE
08,NORTH,ATREX
08,NORTH,NURMO
20,EAST,DIKOL
20,EAST,RANUX
20,EAST,BUBLI
20,SOUTH,PILUL
20,SOUTH,OKASI
20,SOUTH,LATRA
20,SOUTH,ERIXU
20,SOUTH,AGOPA
20,WEST,LGL
20,WEST,EVX
20,NORTH,OPALE
20,NORTH,ATREX
20,NORTH,NURMO
24,EAST,RANUX
24,EAST,BUBLI
24,SOUTH,DORDI
24,SOUTH,PILUL
24,SOUTH,OKASI
24,SOUTH,LATRA
24,SOUTH,ERIXU
24,SOUTH,AGOPA
24,WEST,LGL
24,WEST,EVX
24,NORTH,OPALE
24,NORTH,ATREX
24,NORTH,NURMO
26,EAST,DIKOL
26,EAST,RANUX
26,EAST,BUBLI
26,SOUTH,PILUL
26,SOUTH,OKASI
26,SOUTH,LATRA
26,SOUTH,ERIXU
26,SOUTH,AGOPA
26,WEST,LGL
26,WEST,EVX
26,NORTH,OPALE
26,NORTH,ATREX
SID - LFPO
v1.0 - 01/2013
First number is the number of the runway, after you have the SID direction, and finaly, the name of the SID

To the STAR :

02,EAST,RENSA,VEBEK
02,SOUTH,AMB,ODILO
02,WEST,NIMER,ODILO
02,WEST,LUMAN,ODILO
02,NORTH,MATIX,VEBEK
02,NORTH,MOPIL,VEBEK
06,EAST,RENSA,VEBEK
06,SOUTH,AMB,ODILO
06,WEST,NIMER,ODILO
06,WEST,LUMAN,ODILO
06,NORTH,MATIX,VEBEK
06,NORTH,MOPIL,VEBEK
08,EAST,RENSA,VEBEK
08,SOUTH,AMB,ODILO
08,WEST,NIMER,ODILO
08,WEST,LUMAN,ODILO
08,NORTH,MATIX,VEBEK
08,NORTH,MOPIL,VEBEK
20,EAST,RENSA,VEBEK
20,SOUTH,AMB,ODILO
20,WEST,NIMER,ODILO
20,WEST,LUMAN,ODILO
20,NORTH,BOBSA,ODILO
20,NORTH,MOPIL,VEBEK
24,EAST,RENSA,VEBEK
24,SOUTH,AMB,ODILO
24,WEST,NIMER,ODILO
24,WEST,LUMAN,ODILO
24,NORTH,BOBSA,ODILO
24,NORTH,MOPIL,VEBEK
26,EAST,RENSA,VEBEK
26,SOUTH,AMB,ODILO
26,WEST,NIMER,ODILO
26,WEST,LUMAN,ODILO
26,NORTH,BOBSA,ODILO
26,NORTH,MOPIL,VEBEK
37,EAST,LUVAL,MOLBA
37,EAST,RLP,MOLBA
37,SOUTH,DJL,MOLBA
37,SOUTH,TUTAY,MOLBA
37,SOUTH,ARDOL,MOLBA
37,SOUTH,PIBAT,MOLBA
37,SOUTH,MOU,MOLBA
STAR - LFPO
v1.0 - 01/2013
First number is the name of the runway. If number = 37, That's means that the STAR is for all runways; After you have the STAR direction, The first waypoint of the STAR (Transition) , and the IAF name.

In this exemple, for LFPO, all the waypoints exists int FSX database, execpt the 3 IAF waypoints ( MILBA, VEBEK, et ODILO) but the airports charts give the LAT/LONG of these IAF, and the gauge will can add this IAF to the flight plan

The gauge will display theses informations in a table, very clear. You will have just to clcik on a SID or on a STAR to add it to automatically to the flight PLAN.

Synthax of the datas files is the following :
By exemple, here is the "OPALE" SID for a departure to the north from LFPO, runway 24 :

This is one line of the SID.dat file

24,243,OPALE,9,|,R,LFFLPORW24, , ,|,W,LFLFPO,PO243, , ,|,W,LF    PO244, , ,|,W,LFLFPOPO245, , ,|,W,LF    PO246,W,LFLFPOPO248, , ,|,W,LF    PO260, , ,|,W,LF    PO262, , ,|,V,LF    BVS, , ,|,W,LF    OPALE, , ,||
24 = is the name of the runway
243 = is the HDG of the runway
OPALE = Name of the SID
9 = Number of waypoints of this SID
| = separator character that I use between two waypoints
R,W,N,V,USER = waypoint code that I use to send the data to FSX GPS. R=runway W=waypoint, N=NDB V= VOR USER=waypoint entered by long/lat
the 2 space between comas are reserved when a user LAT / LONG data is needed.
|| = end of the SID data.

One line per SID or STAR.

I hope that some people will help me to build this database.

With this database, my FMS will be as the payware. And all Project Airbus Aircraft will can use it.

knightowl

Airbus download --- pa318fd_v3

Post by knightowl »

Greetings from Cape Town !
I just have to give credit to François Doré for his EXCELLENT package -- "pa318fd_v3". I have downloaded literally hundreds of aircraft (especially from the Airbus A318/ A319 range) and purchased quite a few also, and nothing, but NOTHING I have seen comes close!!!.....even in the payware department! It is totally complete and works like a dream on my system.
Now I'm frustrated with my other models as they lack the fine attention to detail in almost every way. I just have one wish now, and that is that I would be thrilled to see a livery add on to that package for Easyjet, and perhaps SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS.
Can anyone maybe help me with a suggestion as to how I could achieve this? (other than Francois adding the livery?)
Would also love to see a BAE RJ100 in South African Airlink livery with a working VC.....just cannot find one anywhere.
Thanks everyone 8-)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Knightowl,

Thanks for your post.
I have found on the AVSIM library the A319 South African airways repaint for the PA319 --> http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DL ... CatID=root

Important : read my user manual to adapt [FLTsim} section of your aircraft.cfg as it's explain in the manual and copy the panel.cfg and the .mdl file of the VC in the Model of my V3 model in this repaint folder for the aircraft works.
You must also copy the sound.cfg file and texture cfg.file of one of repaint that comes with my package.

If you have any difficulites to adpat this reapaint to my version, tell me and I will help you.

For the Easyjet livrery, My A319 V3 pack include it (CFM engines)

François

Supaflies

Post by Supaflies »

I love you man. Your Airbus was what made me start to like Airbus in the first place. I was one of those Airbus haters, I admit it, but now I see the light! Thank you very much for your support and your hard work. I hope you will bundle all of these new updates in just one package that I can update my aircraft with. I just dont want to start messing with things and screw something up. I always recommend this Airbus to everyone I know! People get addicted as soon as they go wheels up!!! :laugh:

You are much appreciated! And thanks to the rest of PAIRBUS! Also please stop being mean to FSX. :(

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Thank you very much , man.

IThe last panel (0.43) has a bug yet, in descent, below 10000ft (speed is not properly controled). I search the error, and when It will be solved, I will post a complete pack with the new update (will be 0.44), to have a complete package.

Because, after, I will have many works to write all the different managed descent modes and the SID/STAR database.

François

fcerven

Post by fcerven »

Hi Francois,

I'll volunteer to do some of the SIDs and STARs. Since I like to fly the US Pacific Northwest, I'll start with the large airports out here (KGEG, KPAE, KSEA, KBOE, etc,) heading south to the California border. My home airport (KCOE - Coeur d'Alene) has one ILS but not sure if it has a SID or STAR. I plan to use AirNav dot com as my data source unless you have something better. I'll get back with you when I have some put together given your format. Once the approach page is active, I'll also check mine for errors.

This is starting to get interesting.

Keep up the good work,

Fred.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Fcerven,

Thank you very much for your proposition ! But let me a week to define the file format. It will be easy to create tyhe file because there are in txt format, with comma separated value. You can use also excel, which know the CSV format.

But, before , I need to think how arrange the data in the files.

But to create this database, you need the official airport charts. In each country, you can download these charts. (for exemple, the franch airports charts are here : https://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr ... aip_fr.htm

The index file are simples, but for the data files, I need to think.

I have began a test with 2 french airports : PARIS - Orly (LFPO) and BORDEAUX - Merignac (LFBD)

I have created to SID index files for these two airports.
Tomorrow, I will begin to create the SID data files

Here is the sample a the list of the 78 SIDs of PARIS Orly LFPO :

Or the 16 SIDs of BORDEAUX merignac LFBD :

You have the runway, the direction and the name of the SID

I hope complete this exemple for this weekend. You will have just to click on the line of the SID (or STAR) that you want, and the gauge will add all the waypoints of this SID (or STAR) to the flight plan.

The gauge can manage 105 SID or STAR per airport.

All the database will be in a folder called FD_FMC. And all the aircraft with my FMS can access to the database.

Be patient.

François

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

When aircraft starts to descent, V/S - 4900 is normal?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

If you are at very high altitude, that's possible. MOre the aircraft is high, more is the descent rate. Airbus A320 can descent to 6000ft/mn max (Expedite mode with spoilers in case of emergency).

But, with the actual panel, don't forget (I repeat ...) this is the begin of my descent code. I need several weeks to find the right settings.

I have past 3 months to adjust the climb code. You want miracle now. I am not God.

If the vertical navigation was easy thing to code, all the aircraft will have it. So, only some advanced paywares have vertical navigation. THis is very hard to coded; so be patient.

François

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I have completed the gauge for the SID managment with the database; The gaufe add automatically the SID to the flight plan. All data come from the official airport charts and map. And I have added in the SID data, the rules of the airport 'THR RED, ACC ALT, clearance altitude ....taht are added automatically to the FMS.

All the FIX that don't exist in the FSX GPS database are added.

The definitive format of the SID file is the following (sample with LFBD) :

05,SAU 9B,047,3000,3000,14000,0,0,3,1,N,LF,,BD,,,2,U,,,RDSAU,44.516666,-0.366666,3,V,LF,,SAU,,
05,ENSAC 9Z,047,3000,3000,14000,0,0,2,1,N,LF,,BD,,,2,W,LF,,ENSAC,,
05,ROYAN 9B,047,3000,3000,14000,0,0,4,1,N,LF,,BD,,,2,N,LF,,NB,,,3,U,,,R9B,45.3,-0.916666,4,W,LF,,ROYAN,,
05,CNA 9B,047,3000,3000,14000,0,0,3,1,N,LF,,BD,,,2,N,LF,,NB,,,3,V,LF,,CNA,,
11,SAU 9E,108,3000,3000,14000,0,0,2,1,U,,,RDSAU,44.516666,-0.366666,2,V,LF,,SAU,,
11,ENSAC 9E,108,3000,3000,14000,0,0,2,1,U,,,RDSAU,44.516666,-0.366666,2,V,LF,,ENSAC,,
11,ROYAN 9E,108,3000,3000,14000,0,0,3,1,N,LF,,NB,,,2,U,,,R9E,45.3,-0.916666,3,W,LF,,ROYAN,,
11,CNA 9E,108,3000,3000,14000,0,0,2,1,N,LF,,NB,,,2,V,LF,,CNA,,
23,SAU 9P,227,3000,3000,14000,0,0,4,1,U,,,BD931,44.790722,-0.769528,2,U,,,BD933,44.694833,-0.665833,3,U,,,BD935,44.691528,-0.566389,4,V,LF,,SAU,,
23,ENSAC 9P,227,3000,3000,14000,0,0,3,1,U,,,BD931,44.790722,-0.769528,2,U,,,BD937,44.672222,-0.763889,3,W,LF,,ENSAC,,
23,ROYAN 9P,227,3000,3000,14000,0,0,4,1,U,,,BD931,44.790722,-0.769528,2,U,,,BD923,44.932222,-0.820833,3,U,,,BD927,45.116944,-0.829028,4,W,LF,,ROYAN,,
23,CNA 9P,227,3000,3000,14000,0,0,5,1,U,,,BD931,44.790722,-0.769528,2,U,,,BD923,44.932222,-0.820833,3,U,,,BD925,44.994083,-0.743472,4,N,LF,,NB,,,5,V,LF,,CNA,,
29,SAU 9R,277,3000,3000,14000,0,0,4,1,U,,,BD929,44.696806,-0.726556,2,U,,,BD933,44.694833,-0.665833,3,U,,,BD935,44.691528,-0.566389,4,V,LF,,SAU,,
29,ENSAC 9R,277,3000,3000,14000,0,0,2,1,U,,,BD929,44.696806,-0.726556,2,W,LF,,ENSAC,,
29,ROYAN 9R,297,3000,3000,14000,0,0,3,1,U,,,BD923,44.932222,-0.820833,2,U,,,BD927,45.116944,-0.829028,3,W,LF,,ROYAN,,
29,CNA 9R,297,3000,3000,14000,0,0,4,1,U,,,BD923,44.932222,-0.820833,2,U,,,BD925,44.994083,-0.743472,3,N,LF,,NB,,,4,V,LF,,CNA,,
SID - LFBD
v1.0 - 01/2013

Don't be afraid of this lines; In fact, it is very easy to write. I will prepare a mlittle tutorial. This is very easy.
Here in action : I select the SID SAU 9P from the runway 23 of LFBD to a departure to the east (Toulouse LFBO)

I select the SID in the list

Jand when I click on the add SID button, the SID is added to the flight plan.

I will post this weekend the panel updated with this tools and 2 airports, for test.

But if nobody help me, I will can't build this database alone.
it would be a shame, because it would be used for all aircrafts that I had with this FMS (all the Project airbus aircraft and also the POSKY B777 and the B747 POSKY).

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

I think you can find Navigraph's last free AIRAC database on avsim. It is almost 8 years old, though, I think.

esg

Post by esg »

Also on our site. :P

TheRedBaron

Post by TheRedBaron »

Not sure if this is really helpful, but I found this today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqKeSO6msDk
It has the A320 full startup procedure, with FCU, FMS settings.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Alexis wrote:I think you can find Navigraph's last free AIRAC database on avsim. It is almost 8 years old, though, I think.
Hi Alexis,

I cannot use the Airacs data files, because, AIRAC use different data format that the FSX GPS. As you know, all my panel is based on the stock FS GPS.

If you use AIRACS, you must write your own horizontal flight managment system and you cannot be compatible with the GPS and the .pln format and I cannot do that, I don't know the C language.

FS9/FSX use a specific codification for each navaids.

What I offer is very simple. It takes 2 hours to write the files for a medium airport. And you have a real database of 2013. And this databse ca be use by all developers that use the GPS. I have wrote all the xml file to read these files and to save FSX .pln format file. I can share it
But I cannot write the FMS and write all the database. I am alone and I cannot do all things.

I have completed all the SID of LFBD

Exemple :
the real "SAU 9P" SID of LFBD from runway 23 for a east departure :

When I see World Of AI, I see the real spirit of internet and flight simulator community. Build together an universal tool. (you can buy Traffic payware).

This means that I have done all this work for nothing. Sometimes I am very discouraged.

But I think that I will try to go at the end of this FMS project and as some people of the french forum are ok to help me to build the database for french airport, FMS will have all SID and STAR of France. this is already something.

I thought I found more help. But in fact people want used made ​​things without giving any minute of their time.

I'm disappointed

TheRedBaron wrote:Not sure if this is really helpful, but I found this today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqKeSO6msDk
It has the A320 full startup procedure, with FCU, FMS settings.

Thanks theredbaron, but I have already all the Airbus Industrie documentation (all the FCOM's) and also the USairways and egyptair official training manuals. I have all the informations about all Airbus. (exept A380)

777beats340

Post by 777beats340 »

Francois great development. Question since I haven't use fsx in a while. Vatsim user graham Mitchell has provided upto date airac data that updates the db for the stock gps. Hence you get all the fixes and Navaids that allow a Sid and star to be flown. I was wondering, to make life easier for u, could let users download pre-made fltplans from simroutes.net with all the fixes, and then manually enter alt and spd restrictions. You would only have the cap to enter speed/alt.

Just a thought

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi 777Beast340,

In my Knowledge, the graham Mitchell's AIRAC is just an update of the missing En-route FIX of the FS GPS and some terminals waypoints. But There is no SID or STAR. YOu must enter manually the waypoints in the GPS.

The FS native GPS doesn't manage SID or STAR. YOu ave only some ILS approaches or Vector to final. And his database add the missing waypoints.

No managment of SID or STAR. For that, you need a FMC .

So if you want have SID or STAR, you my buy a FMC generic gauge but which manage only horizontal nagigation, because a FMC cannot be generic for the vertical navigation (linked with the aircraft's data that you use).

You have JB PAnel, which manage horizontal and I think also vertical navigation only for the POSKY 777.

YOu have VASFMC, which manage only horizontal navigation, because It is not build for a specific aircrat, so he will never manage vertical navigation. It is impossible, because of its design.

My gauge manage horizontal and vertical navigation and now the SID and STAR, but for that, there is no other solution to build a SID/STAR database, because real AIRACs are not free and too complex for my knowledge (you need use C++ gauges and write all the horizontal navigation code; this is reserved to firm for paywares, with many informaticians) , and the Graham mitchell database hasn't the SID and STAR, and the speed and alt rules of the airports.

It would suffice to 20 or 30 people to build this database. requires about 1 to 6 hours for an airport.
And I wrote my FMC to be easily adaptable to any aircraft.

I can not arouse the enthusiasm of that panel, but create the database requires no computer knowledge, just have the windows notepad.

I regret having to spend the hundreds of hours just to fail at the end of the project.
Since 6 months, I wake up at 4am to work at least 3 to 4h on this panel.

I was hoping to create more enthusiasm and team spirit. Today I am tired and I feel I do all this for nothing.
However, I am a lover of sharing. FOr me, the internet is sharing and I thought the FS community also was sharing goal.

I'll post this weekend the latest version of the panel, which corrects the bug in the managed descent, and with the full function SID and STAR part of the airport LFBD.

I'll finish the panel, but it will have only French airports because only pilote-virtuel.com are agree to make French airports.

I think it's unlucky.

Francois
Last edited by fdd_fr on 01 Feb 2013, 08:47, edited 1 time in total.

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

fdd_fr wrote:
Alexis wrote:I think you can find Navigraph's last free AIRAC database on avsim. It is almost 8 years old, though, I think.
Hi Alexis,

I cannot use the Airacs data files, because, AIRAC use different data format that the FSX GPS. As you know, all my panel is based on the stock FS GPS.

If you use AIRACS, you must write your own horizontal flight managment system and you cannot be compatible with the GPS and the .pln format and I cannot do that, I don't know the C language.

FS9/FSX use a specific codification for each navaids.

What I offer is very simple. It takes 2 hours to write the files for a medium airport. And you have a real database of 2013. And this databse ca be use by all developers that use the GPS. I have wrote all the xml file to read these files and to save FSX .pln format file. I can share it
But I cannot write the FMS and write all the database. I am alone and I cannot do all things.

I have completed all the SID of LFBD
Since very few people will actually help you write the SIDs/STARs, why don't you implement the default FSX GPS ones?
There are quite a few built in to the GPS "PROC" page.

Making an entire AIRAC database is close to impossible for a single person to do, I think. So why not focus on what's ready for now, and with time you can evolve/improve it.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Alexis wrote: Since very few people will actually help you write the SIDs/STARs, why don't you implement the default FSX GPS ones?
There are quite a few built in to the GPS "PROC" page.

Making an entire AIRAC database is close to impossible for a single person to do, I think. So why not focus on what's ready for now, and with time you can evolve/improve it.

The FS GPS has no SID and no STAR. It has only some approaches (ILS or Vector to final) that are not real and only for some airports, and without perfs informations (Speed and altitude).

YOu think that is complex to create this database; But no, it is very simple. But, that's need a little time. Only time. But if many people, the database can be realized in one or 2 weeks.

ANd we can begin only by the most known or used airport. And I will complete the database in the time, as the airlines of WOAI.

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

Cool Francois, keep it up. Hope you'll find support on this since it does not require technical people. Wish I'd help if I wasn't so busy.

Nice progress mate.

Regards

Rednacks

Post by Rednacks »

I think I'll be able to help you for the SIDs and STARs of north african airports since I come from Tunisia and usually fly in this region on FSX. However, I didn't undestand exactly how the file data works, I think I'll read the post dealing with this another time to try understanding !

fcerven

Post by fcerven »

Hi again Francois,

I also volunteered to do the US west coast and was working under the understanding that your descent program needed to be a little more complete before the data could be entered. If that's not the case, please provide the procedure you mentioned earlier and I'll star entering data. Sorry if that didn't come across clearly in my last message. I'm retired and can spend quite a bit of time on this if needed.

Looking for the instructions. I also have Excel 2000 if that would be easier. Need to know how to get you my e-mail for data exchange.

Looking forward to doing this,
Fred.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Many thanks fcerven and rednacks. I finish to define the STAR file format and I will write a little tutorial.
To day, only the SID format is OK and full working with the new version of the panel.

Here is the complete pack (171 Mo) of the Aircraft, frot those who havn't the previous version, with panel version 0.44, with the SID folder and its 2 airports :
Complete Pack A320 CFM IAE with panel 0.44 and SID working

Important, if you havn't install a previous versionof this A320 FMS, you must install 2 dll files for it works (see user install manual)

Here is the link of only the updated panel 0.44, CFm and IAE version ( 7.5Mo) with the SID folder and its two Airports :
panel 0.44 update (CFM & IAE) with SID working
With the panel, tyou have a folder called "FD_FMC"; you must copy this folder in your main FSX folder. This folder contains the Airport database (2 airports today, with only SID : LFBD, LFPO) and now, when you save a flight plan qith the gauge, the flight plan will ba saved in this folder and not in the "Project Airbus" folder.

What's new from 0.42/0.43 and this 0.44 version february,2 2013
================================================================================
- When you wanted to enter a VOR in the arrival page, the VOr press key doens't desactivate the "#" key : bug fixed.
- Smoothly transition between climb and cruise. The SPEED" or MACH" mode is activated onlly if the right speed is reached. I hope that the throttles don't chage of notches.
- The airport detail information are displayed only in the 10NM scale on the ND, for more clear reading
- 0.42/0.43 have a bug with the basic managed descent under 10000ft, where the speed wasn't properly controled ; I think that the bug is fixed.
- Now, you can select a SID for departure airport. Only two airport today : LFBD LFPO : go to the F-PLN page of the gauge and press the SID button. You will see the list of the airport SID. Click on a SID and you can see the detail on the bottom of the page.In this iondex of SID, maganta number is the runway, green letter the direction of the SID, Cyan text, the name of the SID. Click on the SID that you want add to your flight plan, abd click on the "ADD SID" button.
The SID is automatically added to the flight plan, and also, the THR RED, ACC ALT, CSTR SPEED and ALT, Runway heading, Runway ID, set in the FMS. The clearance altitude of the activated SID is set in the autopilot.
The runway will be automatically as the first waypoint when you activate the takeoff perf page of the gauge.
You can delete the waypoint of the FSX flight plan if they are not compatible with the SID (This is the case when you select a VOR to VOR flight plan : FSX set as first waypoint the airport departure VOR). So, choose HIGH airways flight plan type; it is better.
- I am working on the file format of the STAR; I don't know today if I create a file for the STAR and a file for the Approach or if I create only one file with STAR data and approach data.

Important, you must copy in your main FSX folder, the "FD_FMC" folder that is in the panel file. This is the database.

Try it.

Note : It is better to have the airport map and chart.
For France, the airport charts can be dowloaded here : https://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr ... aip_fr.htm
You slelect the ICAO code of the airport :

ARR / DEP are the SID/STAR pdf file with maps
IAC is the approach and terminal charts and map

Plesae, be careful when you load a SID. You have 2 type of SID : CONV SID and RNAV SID . a RNAV SID is a complete way for the aircraft and you can engage the LNAV just after take off.
A CONV SID needs to follow the charts instrution for the initial departure (manual turn after the take off).

In my gauge, when you click on the name of a SID, see in the bottom of the page, you will see in the complete name of the SID if it is a RNAV or CONV SID.

All in french/english

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I'm stuck to continue writing the code for the managed descent.
Indeed, for the STAR, I do not know how.

Is the STAR RNAV must include approaches or is that one must first load the STAR In the FMS and once you are in the hold pattern of the IAF, it loads the approach that we want ?

In this case, I must separate STAR and approaches in two separate files.

What is the most realistic ?

Is that a real FMS, the pilot load an approach when it comes to the IAF?

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Hi,

I have downloaded more liveries for a320. But I have got a problem. ATC airline is JetBlue Airways. But in ATC it isn't working. ATC is just saying my flight number 2509. Maybe You know what I do wrong?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

have you add in the aircraft.cfg file , in the [FLTSim] section of your new aircraft, the line ? :
atc_airline=JetBlue
or try
atc_airline=Jet Blue

and add also :
atc_parking_codes=JBU

But I think that the FSX ATC cannot tell all the airlines callsign. You have the alpha indian group that create the missing callsign. You can find it on Avsim library

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

I have found program, it's called "editvoicepack X". This program fixed my problem. Now I have got a lot of callsigns :D

TheRedBaron

Post by TheRedBaron »

fdd_fr wrote:have you add in the aircraft.cfg file , in the [FLTSim] section of your new aircraft, the line ? :
atc_airline=JetBlue
or try
atc_airline=Jet Blue

and add also :
atc_parking_codes=JBU

But I think that the FSX ATC cannot tell all the airlines callsign. You have the alpha indian group that create the missing callsign. You can find it on Avsim library
That's one thing I haven't quite figured out about FSX...it seems to recognize pretty much every callsign when used with WOAI, with the default voices and everything. IDK how the system works, but I suppose it would be possible to copy part of a WOAI a/c 's aircraft.cfg [FLTSim] section to make it work more seamlessly.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I can't answer this question.

Nobody tried my function SID?

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

I have tried it, but I don't think that I'm used it correctly.

Blarry

Post by Blarry »

Hi Francois,

first time posting here, have been following your development for quite some time now. Great work so far :)

I'd really love to check out your pre-imported SIDs, however they just don't show up under F-PLN -> SID, parking at LFPO gate G19, even with a flight plan filed to LFBD loaded. Both lists for SID and STAR remain blank. Are you sure about your folder structure, with <FSXdir>\FD_FMC\<Airport ID> as the correct place to put those .csv files? I've double-checked if anything is installed properly, all neccessary files in the panel folders are of date 02/feb/2013. So something's rather not working :/

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi blarry,

Have you instal the LoggerX.dll module in the "\your FSX\Modules\" folder ? and have you declare this dll in the dll.xml file as is describe in the user installation manual ?

Without this Dll, the gauge can't read or write files. This dll is a mandatory.

If you havn't, you can download it on the Robbie McElrath website : http://www.robbiemcelrath.com/fs/logger/about

And look at in the previous pages of this topic how declare this dll in the FSX dll.xml file, for that FSX can use this dll.

So , only SID work; No STAR at this time.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

I think that the transition speed to 250 is at 12000 or 11500 ft, isn't it?

P.S. I know that the managed descent isn't completed yet.

Blarry

Post by Blarry »

fdd_fr wrote:Hi blarry,
Have you instal the LoggerX.dll module in the "\your FSX\Modules\" folder ? and have you declare this dll in the dll.xml file as is describe in the user installation manual ?
Um... now that's embarassing. Had LoggerX.dll installed, but written in an old dll.xml file left over from a previous installation. Damn.
As my spare time and my other significant half allows, I may dropbox some SID files for some of the major airports in Poland at some time.

Regarding approaches, it is possible to add an approach using FSX's default GPS module to your loaded flight plan, which is even displayed correctly in your FMC. Of course, those aren't technically STARs, but it does a decent job as a work-around until working STAR approaches and enough data files arrive.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Airbus Fan wrote:I think that the transition speed to 250 is at 12000 or 11500 ft, isn't it?

P.S. I know that the managed descent isn't completed yet.
As you know, it is only a very very basic descent for the moment. this is provisory.

There are no rules (otherwise the 250/10000ft). The reduction speed is dependant of the airport STAR. For LFBD, you must decrease your speed to 250kts before FL140.

When I will complete the data format of the STAR, the Speed datas, will be in STAR file and send to the FMS.

Blarry wrote:
fdd_fr wrote:Hi blarry,
Um... now that's embarassing. Had LoggerX.dll installed, but written in an old dll.xml file left over from a previous installation. Damn.
As my spare time and my other significant half allows, I may dropbox some SID files for some of the major airports in Poland at some time.

Regarding approaches, it is possible to add an approach using FSX's default GPS module to your loaded flight plan, which is even displayed correctly in your FMC. Of course, those aren't technically STARs, but it does a decent job as a work-around until working STAR approaches and enough data files arrive.
Yes you can use the GPS approach with my FMS. So if you have modified the flight plan with the gauge, you must save it with the gauge and reload it (without quit your flight). If not, the flight plan is not valid for FSX and the approach may not works.

There is a small bug since the SID version; If you want save your modifed flight plan, you must display before the departure or arrival page before save the flight plan with the gauge, otherwise, the number of waypoint will be false in the save file.

Sorry, but all is under construction yet.

Be patient