Support Project Airbus A318/319/320/321 FD Special Version

fcerven

Re: Support Project Airbus A318/319/320/321 FD Special Versi

Post by fcerven »

Hi Francois,

Installed your version 0.44 today. After working out some of MY problems, (things like not copying the panel.cfg and having somehow lost the LoggerX entry in the dll.xml file), I can report that the SID portion of the FMS program seems to be working fine. I loaded about a half a dozen SIDs and flew a couple and all worked well. Looks like the first waypoint of the FSX flight planner needs to be about 60 or so miles out to get a smooth transition between the SID and cruise portion of the flight plan. And, a map does come in handy to determine where that way point should be.

Looking at the file structure, it looks like I can start putting some SIDs together here for the Pacific Northwest. I expect one airport (probably SEATAC) should be together tomorrow, and, after testing here, will send it to you via e-mail.

Keep up the good work. This is looking real good.

Fred.

fcerven

Post by fcerven »

Hi Francois,

Put together the index file for KSEA but am having trouble deciphering the data file content. Looks like I'll need the instructions to complete it. So, whenever the time is right. I know you have a lot on your plate. Meanwhile, I'll put together more airport index files.

Fred.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Fcerven ,

Thank you very much for your interest !

We have began on the french forum pilote-virtuel to build the SID for all the french airports.

I have created a tool kit to build the files, that use EXCEL :

You can download this toolkit here : http://www.db-online.fr/francois/SID_to ... on_kit.zip
there is a small instruction manual inside, in pdf format and an other here to completed : http://www.db-online.fr/francois/SID_to ... nglish.htm Read them, it is very important to understand how works the ident of the waypoint in FSX;

You will find at the root of the toolkit the 2 .xls file to build the your data files (one for index, one for data) and you have a subfolder with the LFPO sample, the raw files after filled in EXCEL and the final files after cleaning with text editor.
Use the aircraft gauge map to check if waypoints exists or if they must be created by LAT/LONG.

Important : Check your Windows linguistic parameters : - The decimal separator must be the point "."
- The list separator must be the comma ","

This is the case for the english version, but not for the french version for example, so I suppose that for other country, the problem may occurs; So in this case, must change this parameters, othherwise, EXCEL will save the .CSV file in a wrong format.

When you will completed your first airport, send me the files to check .

Don't forget to put write your name at the end of each file. This is your work.

If other peaople are intersted, We must create a list of airport, to avoid that the same be twice.

And I must centralize the files.

I have got the complete database of all the waypoint of FSX by a profesional developer. I am translating this database in xls format. When I will completed, I will put online these files because, they can help us.

Thank you very much

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I have forgotten to tell that is mandatory to get the Airports charts :D

For the USA : I have found this site : http://www.airnav.com/airports/

For the France, we have : https://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr ... aip_fr.htm

If you have some adresses for others countries, there are welcome.

Thanks

777beats340

Here is a great DB

Post by 777beats340 »

DB that i use for all necessary charts: its the entire world lol almost:

http://www.vatsim.net/charts/

If you need clearer american charts (with categorical sections)
http://www.aeroplanner.com/flightplanni ... plates.cfm

Just enter ICAO and your golden.

777beats340

Post by 777beats340 »

Francois not to be a bother, but can you manually add alt & speed restrictions in the FMC for a given waypoint or intersection during flight?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

For the departure, no. There is only the possibility to have a Speed constraint linked with an altitude. (CSTR ALT and CSTR SPEED in departure page of the the gauge). and also you have the possibility to decide the acceleration altitude. But I havn't linked waypoint and speed. Speed is only linked with altitude.

But for the STAR and the approach, all waypoints will have a SPEED linked to them. This is the reason why I havn't completed the data format for the STAR and APPROACH, because, the code will be more complex.

radinio

Post by radinio »

Maybe start new topic for data base only? Because here will be mess.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

You are right Radinio ! I have just little time now, but I create it.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

Here is the update of the Panel in version 0.45 :
Panel 0.45 CFM et IAE 9 fevrier

This update fixes the following bugs :
- When you saved a flight plan, in some case, with specific waypoints, the geographic coordonates wasn't saved properly ( because a bug in the number notation of the FSX xml, that toggle sometimes in scientific notation type 1.e0225.) this bug is fixed.
- I have unlocked the "DEL" key of the FMS in the F-PLN page. That permit to make test easier for the SID.

I work hard on the organization of the STAR, but I have a difficulty, because the proecedures are different in Europe and USA.

In europe, A STAR always ending by the IAF, so there is no "hole" between the STAR and the approach
in USA, the end of the STAR is far of the IAF, so there is a hole between the STAR and the approach.

I think and looking for a solution

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

I have got add a column in the SID data file; so the organization of the file chage and the old SID version standard V1.0 is stopped. Now, Version V2.0. This version V2.0 is definitive

SID V1.0 work only with the panel 0.45

SID V2.0 work with the panel 0.46a and later

Panel 0.45 caannot read properly SID V1.0

Sorry for this change. This is the last.

Here is the panel 0.46a update :
Panel 0.46a CFM et IAE february 10 - use only SID V2.0

Important : This panel is compatible with only the SID in version V2.0. You cannot use the first SID V1.0 posted few days ago.

A new toolkit is available on the SID topic and 2 SID V2.0 are completed :

LFPO Paris Orly
KPDX - Portland Intl, compatible with FTX PNW.

you can download it in the SID topic.

The panel 0.46a news are :
=======================
- New support of the SID V2.0 (not compatible with SID V1.0)
- Vor switches display on the botton of the ND the GPS information when they are in "OFF" postion
- Autobrake is disengaged , after autoland, when the aircraft roll under 20 kts.
- Better displaying of the SID index

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

About autobrakes.

When gear is going up, auto brakes are turning off automatically, aren't they?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

normally yes.

Try my SID of Portland , I love it. The aircraft follow the river to not fly above the city !

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

I have already tried it! I love it too. :)

TheRedBaron

Post by TheRedBaron »

fdd_fr wrote:Try my SID of Portland , I love it. The aircraft follow the river to not fly above the city !
That's a cool feature! Similar to Washington D.C...Approaches to KDCA are heavily regulated!

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Redbaron, my next SID airport work will be KDCA if it's an interesting airport !

I need some help for a very important thing that can cancel my project.

It seems that the FSX waypoints database can be different according country or version . I don't know. But About Portland KDPX, Some SID waypoints don't exist in my FSX. So I have created them by enter Latitude/longitude.

So, fcerven tell me that in his FSX, he has these waypoints. It is a big problem, because how to know when I build a SID, if the waypoints of this SID exist or not on the user computer.

I must understand the reason of this problem.

So, I ask you if you have the possibility to check 8 waypoints near Portland, to know if they are present in your FSX.

These waypoints are :

- COSUG
- OKKOR
- LAVAA
- BISLE

- CHISM
- HADIS
- WANOS
- KOATA

Please, load a flight with a flight plan starting from Portland. When your flight is loaded, start engines and display the FMS gauge by Shift+7 and press the FIX button to display the waypoints on the DEPARTURE page. Use the zoom and the shift function of the map to looking for these waypoints.

and tell me if you find them. And tell me your FSX version/country and if you use special scenery of this area.

My version is a French version FSX + SP1 + SP2 + acceleration pack

If you want download the maps of Portland airport, to help you to localize these waypoints, you can find them here : http://www.airnav.com/airport/KPDX

It is very very important.

Thank you very much

Francois

edurubini

Post by edurubini »

Francois, maybe it would be better to just put all waypopints with their latitudes and longitudes (although I do know just how much work it would be!). That would certainly solve it....

Eduardo Rubini

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Yes, it is a solution (i Have added these waypoints by LAT/LONG) for KPDX, but, if we must enter all the waypoints by LAT/LONG, that's needs more work !

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Hi,

when aircraft is at cruising altitude, flight director is going up and down, up and down. It's very annoying when flight is long.

Maybe You know why?

Blarry

Post by Blarry »

Well it depends on 'how' you work. While working on EPWA, I quickly noticed that your FMS found like none of the GPS fixes used by VATSIM charts, so I had to manually enter them one by one. It's not that much of a hassle, as most SID charts feature an overview of all waypoints used together with their coordinates, so implementing them into the SID file quickly became simple copy/paste work.

So, a basic stream-lined approach for creating SID files would look like this:
a) get all necessary airport charts
b) check which waypoints are already implemented into the FMS and which need manual adjustment
c) create a Excel list of all necessary waypoints together with their LAT/LON coordinates
d) create SID file as usual.

@Airbus Fan:
Check if A/P switched into ALT CRZ mode on the PFD. Sometimes it has its troubles doing so, usually when flying heavily loaded and/or weird weight distribution/center of gravity. Climbing with time compression also likes to mess things up a bit when reaching cruising altitude, so take your time while climbing :)
Should you still encounter this problem, try setting your cruising altitude some 200ft lower than intended and 'fix' it in-flight. Either via manual altitude select, or via step climb.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

You are right Blarry. But I think that when it is possible, the better is to use the FSX waypoint.

In fact, the situation is very different according the Airport. Microsift hasn't worked with the same accuracy with each country or airport.

The eastern Europe has been a little "forgotten". When I takeoff or landing at Moscow, there are 3 or 4 waypoints in a 20 nm radius !!! The desert.

When I have realized LFPO (PAris Orly), there are 78 SIDs ( 3 runways) that use dozen of waypoints. I have created only 3 waypoints. All other was here and ok in the FSX database.

The solution is to use existing waypoints when tey exists and add by LAT/LONg the missing. But the user waypoint added by LAT/LONG have a little disadvantage : Their name is not displayed on the Gauge map and on the ND/MFD map. Their name appears only in the list of waypoints. To decrease this disadvantage, I have modified in the last panel (0.46a) the function of the 2 VOR switches. Now, when you set these VOR switches on the "OFF" position on ARC or NAV mode of the ND, they display on the bottom of the ND, the name of next waypoint (switch VOR1) and the destination name (Switch VOR2) as they are already duisplayed in the PLN Knob position.
Thereby, the name and the distance of the next waypoint is displayed on the ND, even if it is a user LAT/LONG waypoint.

The problem is to bee sure that the SID can be use by everybody, you must don't use an addon of the airport that you work, because, there is a risk that you have some waypoints that are not FSX original, and the SID will not work for an other user.

I have the chance to have a computer with many addons to play, and I have installed FSX on a notebook, without any addon scenery , like this, I can check the original FSX waypoint.

Or we must exchange and check our files between us, to be sure that's all is ok

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi, I need your help :

Can you try the last airport added to the database : KSEA, created by Fcerven because we have a problem of waypoints that has fred, but not me.

See this post : viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2637#p23132

You must have the panel 0.46a to use all the online SID (v2.0)

Please, write your answer in the Database thread, not here.

Many thanks

Francois

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Hi, could You upload your FMS version to a319?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

No, I cannot do at this time, because I must adjust all the perforrmances parameters for the VNAV. That's need time.

This is the resaon why a FMC like VASFMC don't manage VNAV, because VNAV cannot be generic. You must adjust setting to the aircraft performance.

AnD I must modify the as the A320, the .air file that it was false , because the N1 curves is not realisitic. many work.

But when I will completed the A320, I will adapt to A318, A319, A321.

VNAV can only be realized for a specific aircraft.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

Here is the updated panel :
Panel 0.47 CFM & IAE - you can now save a flight, the FMS data will be saved and reloaded automatically

As indicated in the title, this new version brings novelty . I wrote the gauges that write and read the FMS settings when you save a flight. All this is done automatically.
By cons, it is necessary to follow these requirements:
- Having created "FD_FMC" folder in your FSX folder.
- If you change the flight plan (adding waypoint or SID), you must save the changed flight plan with the gauge, and reload with the FSX flight plan organizer (without leaving your flight, via the menu) to make the new flight plan valid (when reloading the flight plan, FSX ask if you want move the aircraft to the new position, answer "no" to the question " ... otherwise FSX will reload the entire flight, whereas if you say "no", the manipulation take 2 seconds).
- To save a flight, it is better to have off exceed the acceleration altitude , the ideal is to be in cruise).
- Reload your flight, the FMS data will be reloaded automatically, but will be injected with a delay of a dozen of seconds, because I must wait that the FSX parameters are stabilized (weather etc ...).
- FMS data Saved file is called with two ICAO codes of your flight and it is a CSV file. It is stored in the FD_FMC FOLDER (eg "LFBD to LFPO FMS data.csv." When you're curious, you can view with a text editor, or better, with EXCEL.
If you have any bugs, please send me this file, I will know your flight parameters at this time.
Again, the handling is transparente, you have nothing to do, reloading data is automatic;
But above all, reloading a flight, wait for 10 seconds delay before touching quuoi whatsoever.

On the other hand, I re-wrote the code display SID index, so bacause old code take many CPU power. So now display an index with many SID don't decrease your framerate.

Finally, I modified the code of the temporary managed descent (in the absence of STAR that I havn't completed the file format). Normally, it works much better and is much more linear. You decide.

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

I have updated the post about SID/STAR/APPROACH database of FreeNav DB group. We have now realized 12 airports and a dozen are under construction. viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2637&sid=c481ebbeb ... 8a71ca9b13

I think that all french airports will be completed in one week.

I have define the STAR file format, that will take in consideration the altitude, speed, and hold pattern constraint. I am writing the code to the managed descent according STAR and I hope present to you a beta of the STAR managment for the end of the week, with the KPDX Portland Airport.

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

Great news today with the new beta panel, which manage STAR :

Panel 0.48 CFM & IAE with STAR support

Changes between version 0.47 and version 0.48 of the February 24, 2013
================================================== =============================================
- Improved descent managed to better track the speed and change angles more smoothly
- It was not possible to set a SELECT speed during the descent: bug solved in IAS mode (not yet in mach mode)
- Management of STAR
- read Index STAR
- Injection of a selected STAR in the flight plan
- Management descent altitude constraints along the STAR (in managed mode)
- New procedure for calculating the TOD: 2 Calculations different
A) in case there is no STAR, which leads to 3000ft above the destination airport and in theory at least 25Nm of it
B) In the case of STAR, the TOD is the last point of the STAR and minimum altitude.
In all cases, the TOD is now displayed in the form of a reverse account.
- Fixed bug of not displaying "HDG" in some scenarios.
- NOTE: If you want to save a flight on the way, it is possible at this time, when the aircraft is in "cruise".
I reminded register before your flight if you add a SID or waypoints, you must first save
your flight plan with the gauge and reload without having to leave your current flight, via FSX menu -> "Flight organizer "
in flight, indicating FSX not move the plane. This experiment is essential to make the modified flight plan "valid" for FSX
Because if you do not do this trick, when reloading the flight, the flight plan will not be loaded by FSX.
For the moment, it is imperative to save before entering a STAR, and before being - 200Nm of destination, as the gauge backup
do not all parameters into account.
If you had previous backup, I suggest you Deletes all because the new gauge reads more information than the previous one (the file format has changed).

- Make an examination of all your file folder in your FD_FMC airport because some contain file or STAR_index STAR_data which were only models.
Clear!

Go to seveur the database FreeNav DB Group, and download the following three airports, which contain the updated SID et new STAR
- LFBD
- LFPO
- KPDX

You can engage your managed descent in the 200nm radius of the destination airport, by pressing twice the ALT button or wait the the TOD that is computed by the gauge.
When the TOD is reached, you have the message "DECCELERATE" : Press one time on the ALT button to engae lanaged descent.

The gauge controls the altitude of each waypoint along the STAR and do level idf necessary and start again to descent when the altitude constraint is passed.

See this topic to download airports : viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2637

At this time, the gauge use only the altitude constraint information and the VNAV is 100% working.

I have to do now the code to manage the other informations include in my STAR files as max Speed , hold pattern , max FL ......

And after, I will build the Approach files.

Rednacks

Post by Rednacks »

Hi François,
I have a problem with the new panel version. I can click anywhere on the buttons but they don't affect anything. For example if I want to add a waypoint, I clickt on #, the square turns to green, but then when I click on a number, this one doesn't appear in the square. It's the same thing for all the other buttons. Could you help me please ?

Thank you,
Rednacks

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

You have read previous comments, and You will find what you need.

Rednacks

Post by Rednacks »

I read all of them, and I think I am the first to report such a big problem ..

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Go to Page 4. I had this problem, but Francois solved it. ;D

Rednacks

Post by Rednacks »

Airbus Fan wrote:Go to Page 4. I had this problem, but Francois solved it. ;D
I've just saw your problem and how François solved it, but my dll file is ok and the </SimBase.Document> is in the right place :(

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Have You installed LOGGERx.dll file?

Rednacks

Post by Rednacks »

Airbus Fan wrote:Have You installed LOGGERx.dll file?
Yes !

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

That's weird. Then I don't know how to help You. Sorry.

Rednacks

Post by Rednacks »

I finally solved my problem by myself !
I opened my dll file and rewrote all the lines related to the XMLvars and LoggerX. Then I saved te file and all works well now :)

Thank you for your help Airbus Fan !

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Excuse me for the delayed answer. Happy that you have found your problem.

For your Knowledge :

- LoggerX.dll is used by the gauge to read and write files
- XMLVARS.dll is used by the gauge to allow the xml code to use characters strings variables

So, in your case, if the keys of the gauge didn't work, the porblem was with XMLVars.dll.

afgpilot

Post by afgpilot »

[quote="fdd_fr"]Excuse me for the delayed answer. Happy that you have found your problem.

For your Knowledge :

- LoggerX.dll is used by the gauge to read and write files
- XMLVARS.dll is used by the gauge to allow the xml code to use characters strings variables

So, in your case, if the keys of the gauge didn't work, the porblem was with XMLVars.dll.[/quote ]

hello,, first of all thanks from your great work,and second i am very confused i dont know what to download and what not,as there are a lot of links you provided.can you gave me a link with complete aircraft and latest update :/

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Afgpilot

The last links to download the aircraft are the following :

A320 With FMS Complete Base pack with CFM and IAE engines (panel beta 0.44)

Here is the beginning of a user manual, not updated, sorry and some explanation for install the aircraft :
- http://www.db-online.fr/francois/Provis ... ersion.zip
- http://www.db-online.fr/francois/A320%2 ... 20v0.2.zip

You must update the panel with the lastest version : Panel beta 0.48 with CFM and IAE engines

And you can download some airports SID/STAR here : viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2637

Panel is under construction, so all the functions arn't completed

Good test

Francois

afgpilot

Post by afgpilot »

thank you!!

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Now You're working on an approach page?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

No, I am working on the descent functions, which are not completed. Since 3 adyas, I write the hold pattern code to accord with the STAR and the dedcent speed constraints.

Hold pattern are near to work; some minor bugs to solve, but I hope post the updated paenle tomorriw, with London Heatrow SID/STAR.

I must completed the descent code before begin the approcah and missed approach code and data files.

It remains many works, but I work all my free time on.

Francois

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Hello, maybe someone knows where I can download free good FBW for Francois a320, because this one isn't very good...

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Gary has realized a FBW -----> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2250

I will post the new updated panel in 2 or 3 hours. Many new functions.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

The new panel is arrived, with the complete STAR management, with the holding patterns, and speed constraints.

Panel beta 0.50 CFM & IAE full STAR management

but above all I found the bug that you have the version with CFM, it was a bad statements in the file Panel.cfg of the CFM version (gauges I indicated beyond IAE Version for "fuel_system and another gauge) That's why you had engine problems.
This is fixed in this version 0.50.

What's new :
===========
Fixed an error in the panel.cfg version CFM which there were two gauges misreporting (they were on behalf of the panel IAE), causing the motor dysfunction that you have seen.
- Automatic holding patterns management, the "*" symbol appears at the end of name of the current WPT on the ND if this WPT is the beginning of a holding pattern. You have just to press the CSTR button to memorize this hoding pattern
- The gauge is now speed constraints associated with a STAR waypoints
- Holding pattern speed are the real A320 speeds, depending on the altitude ( exept if the current WPT has a lower constraint speed)
- Constraint speed associated with an altitude may now higher than 10000ft ( thanks to Fred Cerven who shows me this case at Washington, for example)
- Ability to delete a SID or STAR entered in the flight plan.
- Automatic recording of flight plans changed when you save a flight, as well as data from FMS, SID and STAR
- Fixed a bug in one of the reversion modes .
- Change the color of waypoints and flight plan route on the map FMS when displaying the field, so they more readable
- Changed the color of the trace of the WPT after being on the ND
- Fixed a bug that was added or erased if the current waypoint, caused the reset of the flight plan. Now therefore, one can insert a waypoint instead of the active one.
If you erase the WPT active, the following becomes active (no reset of the flight plan ).
- it appears for the moment the list of WPT STAR with the associated constraints. WPT current is displayed in green in the descent page of the FMS
- Lots of other small changes, but I have not noted in As, I do not remember all my changes since 15 days.

But before using it, you will have to do following :

- 1) you must download again the 5 airports which have STAR, for the moment, because, the first version of hte files, I had done was holding patterns expressed in distance, and I have not found a solution So I have chaged the lenght of these holding patterns in time ( to exploit time (seconds).
So I updated the file at these airports. There are:

EGLL
LFPO
LFBD
KPDX
LFML

Tomorrow, I will post KLAS, LAS VEGAS.

- 2) thing you'll do the cleaning FD_FMC folder. It probably contains flight plan files (. Pln) and FMS data files ( ".... save.csv FMS data) ." Delete all these files, it should remain only the airports Folders.

- 3) Also in the case FD_FMC, He will create a file with notepad, you must call very precisely:
"FMC_Path.ini"

In this file, you specify the full path of the folder ".... your Documents \ Flight Simulator X \", here where FSX record or store all its flight plans and savegame files.

For exemple, on my computer, this folder is : C:\Documents and Settings\Fdd\Mes documents\Fichiers Flight Simulator X

But beware: it will have double backslash (because "\" is an instruction in XML, so you must double when it is to be interpreted as a character).

In the end, it should look like this:

C:\\Documents and Settings\\Fdd\\Mes documents\\Fichiers Flight Simulator X\\

Search your own folder.

Above all, write this line to the first line of the FMC_Path.ini file, without any space in front, doubling all "\" and adding 2 "\" at the end of the line. especially do not add space after (against you can go to the online space, it is not annoying.
Save the file.

This file is necessary that the FMS knows where FSX stores its flight plans, as from today, the updated flight plan is automatic. When you save your flight, the gauge will overwrite the original FSX flight plan, by updating as needed (if you have added WPT or SID / STAR).
When you create your flight plan in FSX, especially, do not change the default name that will give the FSX flight plan!

but, most importantly, before recording a flight in progress (ie to update the flight plan), you must specify the gauge, the starting postion of the aircraft ("GATE 21" , "Parking 12" , "24R" . .. ).
You enter now this information in the TAKEOFF page of the gauge: I remove the option of automatic engagement of the autopilot by a field to indicate the starting position that corresponds to the original FSX flight plan .
Again, it must use the same syntax of FSX. Spaces count. If the entry is wrong, the flight will be invalid.
This is temporary, I'm trying to think of a solution to automatically extract this information (this is the only that I'm missing).

You can save your flight at any time (on the ground, in airborne), but I advise you to do so, either on the ground or when you are cruising; Avoid saving your flight during the climb or descending).

you can call your backup as you want.
When you save your flight, the gauge overwrite the original FSX flight plan, with the same name, but the waypoints are updated and a otherfile with exactly the same name as the flight plan with different extension, which records flight parameters and FMS perf data.

For example, the flight plan called FSX:
- IFR to Merignac Orly.PLN
the gauge overwrite this file with the same name
and
the gauge record an additional file that will be called:
- IFR to Merignac Orly.PLN FMS dataSave.csv

which contains FMS data. You can read this file with the notepad or EXCEL.

After saved your flight, If you leave your flight until you have finished, you will see a message box that tells you that the engine of the GPS is disabled, you do not consider this has no effect, it is Simply because I make misery to microsoft :D

After if you want to resume your flight, just load your backup, and the gauge will automatically load the flight plan that will be valid and flight parameters and FMS (always a small delay of ten seconds forthe stabilization beyond weather before taht the FMS parameters are applied).

You can register your flight as many times as you want, each time, the data will be in the FMS updates the backup file.

When you finish your flight (ie as soon as you landing, the FMS backup file will be automatically deleted , I am must to do this, because if you create another day, a flight plan with the same departure and destination, the gauge will load the settings from your old FMS flight, so there would be some big surprises!

For cons, I do not erases the changed file flight plan ( '. PLN). but if you use it again, and contains waypoints SID or STAR , data of these these SIDs and STARs will be absent. This will only WPT without any additional information.
If I don't delete this file flight plan (I could do), it is because I am unable to delete the backup files of your flight (because you could call them as you want and I can't know this name), except if you reload one of these backups, it will claim the file. PLN. You no longer have the parameters of the FMS, that's all.

Last very important thing about backups: For a mysterious reason, the update file. PLN and recording data from FMS only works if you are in Virtual Cockpit mode. In 2D cockpit, the save files seems not work; Mystery ....

About STAR holding patterns
:
When you descend along a STAR, you can know what are waypoints that have holding patterns:
Go to FMS descent page , and you have this information.

By the other, on the ND, if the next WPT has a holding pattern capability, if your VOR 1 switch is OFF, the bottom left you should see the name of the next WPT. If the name is followed by the symbol "*" is that the next WPT has a holding pattern.
Alternatively, you can also see the "*" at the top right of ND, since there also appears the name of the active WPT.

From the moment you send the "*" and you want to hold, simply press the "CSTR" (I know, it is not realistic, but it is the only button I had to availability).
If the button is lit, is that everything is good, and the aircraft will hold circuit when it reaches the waypoint.

To leave a holding pattern, disable the button CSTR.

Note, be patient and trust in my FMS, and when you reach a holding pattern, the initial heading of this circuit does not necessarily equal to the current heading of your aircraft, so there is sometimes a small response time, the time the plane starts in the initial heading, otherwise it could turn in the wrong direction.

It is better to disable a holding pattern when you are on the "leg" which comes to the WPT of the holding pattern

If there is no speed constraint related to the holding pattern WPT , I applied the Speed max from the FCOM Airbus A320, according to the altitudes of these circuits. Leaving a circuit, the speed returns to managed preprogrammed value in the gauge, or it will hold the speed constraint of the next WPT STAR, if there is one.

FMS is a system that "cutting" flight phase. FOr complete phase down must :
- If you have loaded a STAR, you must reach the last WPT altitude, switch to V / S (be careful, hdg have set the relation to your current route, because the plane will switch to HDG mode), then descend to an altitude of 1000 ft at least lower the height of the last WPT STAR.
- If you havn't loaded a STAR must arrive at 3000ft above the level of the destination airport.

From this point, you can make your approach and use the ILS.

You can check this thanks to the gauge debugging, inthe cockpit 2D descent phase is complete when it is equal to 5.

As long as you do not have 5, you have problems making a ILS landing with the active FMS, FMS must be cut.

Among the bug fixes, you can now add a waypoint between the aircraft and active waypoint without reset the flight plan to 0, you can even delete the current waypoint (unless it is destination course).

Good flight

Francois

scotgr

Post by scotgr »

Hi I have 2 questions both have probably already been asked so I apologise in advance.

1. When I fly the A318 A319 and A321 the speedometer sticks suddenly to zero and the plane tries to go as fast as possible, Is there a way to stop this?

2. In the fmc can you tyoe in the fsx flightplan and the aircraft will follow it, kind of like the qwings 757?

thanks Soctgr

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi scotgr,

1 ) . Your Pitots are iced. You must press the pitot heat button on the overhead.

2 ) I don't understand what's you mean ..... :@

TheRedBaron

Post by TheRedBaron »

fdd_fr wrote:1 ) . Your Pitots are iced. You must press the pitot heat button on the overhead.
He's right. If you use REX and choose the "realistic icing effects" option, all aircraft experience a failure of airspeed indicators without use of pitot heat. The full throttle is probably a result of the Airbus flight computers freaking out and thinking the aircraft is stalling/ will stall (which is a result of the lack of pitot heat). I had this happen a few times before i realized what I needed to do :laugh:

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Note :

It seems that there are 7 2 small bugs uin the beta 0.50.

- If the initial heading of the holding pattern is between 330° and 30°, the aircraft cannot do 2 circuits

- if the aircraft reaches the waypoint constraint speed in a holding pattern, the speed can increase abnormally when it toggle in SPEED mode.

I am working to solve these bugs.