Support Project Airbus A318/319/320/321 FD Special Version

fdd_fr

Re: Support Project Airbus A318/319/320/321 FD Special Versi

Post by fdd_fr »

I have solved the STAR hold pattern bugs.

You can now download the updated panel :

Panel 0.51 CFM & IAE - Hold pattern bugs fixed

And there are 2 new airports in the database :

KLAS : Las Vegas Mc CARRAN intl with SID and STAR
LFSB : Bale Mulhouse FRANCE/Switzerland (SID only)

And I have fixed a wrong value in a STAR of KPDX, so you must reload it.

Some STAR of KLAS are direct to landing ILS25L :
- SUNST 3
- TYSSN 3
- KEPEC 3
- KADDY one

No approaches required;

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

I haven't downloaded the panel 0.50 yet... So, first I have to download 0.50, then 0.51? or just 0.51?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Direct 0.51.

You not need 0.50.

So, you must reload all the airports that have STAR (KPDX, EGLL,LFPO, KLAS, LFML).

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

The TAWS (Terrain radar) is near to be completed

TheRedBaron

Post by TheRedBaron »

You, sir, are a genius! I didn't even know this was possible within FSX. Did you modify the terrain data shown by the default GPS? Also, out of curiosity, is weather radar possible within FSX's infrastructure?
TRB

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

FSX's GPS has many functions. I must tell a big thank to Bob McElrath, who explore all the programming functions of the FSX GPS.

Now, I manage SID and STAR, and soon approaches. We can do all things with the GPS. You just need to know programing instructions.

Wheater radar is impossible with FSX alone. You must use "Simconnect" function library to communicate with the weather software engine. And I don't know simconnect (it is very complex), and I think that you must porgraming in C++, not in XML.

Edit : A new airport is completed with SID and STAR : LFMN - Nice cote d'azur - France

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

:o Veeery nice! Good work!

This update will be soon? :D

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Thank you, but it is esay to realize.

By cons, I have many problems with the holding patterns. It seems that they don't work properly, even with the panel 0.51.

I am working to solve the problem.

As I havn't available buttons for the terrain radar in the VC, I think that I will replace the analogic backup VOR indicator, by a mini panel with some buttons, for RADAR terrain, open the doors etc .....

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I think that I have solved the hold pattern error and the TOD value that is wrong when a STAR is loaded.

I am doing few test and I will post the fixed panel.

Brunchy

Post by Brunchy »

Very Nice Work!! Looks amazing

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Brunchy wrote:Very Nice Work!! Looks amazing

+1

platudis

Post by platudis »

Hello,

I see that you are working hard on your next version of the Special Version, but I have a question about the old V3.05 for Airbus A321 (http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=169127 + update).
In the User Manual it says that the three center tanks are used first, until a reserve value of some percent. For me, this works only on the center fwd and center aft tank, not the main center tank.
Center fwd and aft have about 400lbs/182kg fuel reserve when he stops using them, which is fine. But for the center main tank, he stops using fuel when there is 10159lbs/4608kg left, so much more than the reserve. This happened to me on every flight so far. Is this intended? Where may I look why this happens? Or is it already fixed in the new version you are currently creating (Unfourtunatly, as I fly on the A321, I'm unable to test it so far)?

Greets and continue your good work!

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Check if you crossfeed valve is closed. I will check if there is an error in code. Thank you for your feedback.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi all,

It took me almost 3 weeks of work to run those pesky holding patterns. But, I think I want the right end (I did dozens of tests with circuits in all directions, the STAR has several circuits, left and right, which enchainenet) short, I think I have tried everything.

So, here is the updated panel :
Panel 0.52 CFM & IAE

Changes between version 0.51 and version 0.52 of 15 March
================================================== ======================
- Fixed bug holding patterns.
- Radar terrain on the ND (TAWS) (click at the bottom right of ND)
- TOD 200 NM works (just display a lower altitude to cruising alttitude to activate the message "DECCELERATE" and press the ALT button 1 time)
- Elimination of the forbidden characters (like "/") in filenames that didn't permit to save flight plan
- Distance of the tod with STAR is fixed: it is now the last point of the STAR
- Improved calculation of TOD: Arrival at TOD, once you press ALT when you have the "DECCELERATE" message
- The TOD is displayed as countdown
- The autobrake is now deactivates automaically below 20 kts, when autoland
- + Various small changes

I go back second on the recording of flight plans:

- I recalls the need to create a file "FMC_Path.ini" [/ b] in the FD_FMC with notepad.

In this file, you specify the full path of your folder ".... your Documents \ Flight Simulator X \", where all your FSX flight plans and backups files are stored.

For example, my home, this folder is called C: \ Documents and Settings \ Fdd \ My Documents \ Flight Simulator X Files [/ b]

But be careful, it will have double the backslash [/ b] (because "\" is an instruction in XML, so you must double when it is to be interpreted as a character).

In the end, it should look like this:
[color = # 286ed6] C: \ \ Documents and Settings \ \ Fdd \ \ My Documents \ \ Flight Simulator X Files \ \ [/ b] [/ color]

- I recalls that it is essential write the starting position of the aircraft [/ b] in the TAKEOFF page. If you have forgotten it, just in your flight, open the "organizer flight menu" and you will fall on the page of your flight plan or there will be information.

I had to completely re-write the code writing files flight plan, because I realized that some airport had in their name "/" character as "Marseille/Provence" for example.
Excluding FSX uses the name of the airport of departure and arrival to construct the name of the .PLN file . But the "/" character is illegal in a file name, so in this case, FSX replaces space.
I write the xml code, inspection Names airports, to remove this character if he was present and replace it with a space, so that the file name .PLN gauge that is built is identical to that of FSX and especially valid.

- I also remember that the registration of a flight in progress and will automatically update et replace the FSX flight plan file (with the new waypoints) to be valid in the eyes of FSX. Curiously, leaving your flight, FSX will tell you otherwise with a message saying that the flight plan is invalid, but in fact it will be when you will reload your flight.
FMS data backup file is automatically written as if you save your flight and if the FMS is currently active. So when you will reload the flight, all the data will be restored and your flight will continue as if nothing had happened.
The name of this file is identical to the filename flight plan, + "FMSdata save.csv."
eg

IFR Ketchikan Intl to Missoula Intl.PLN FMS dataSave.csv [/ b]. It is available with Excel

file a flight plan calling themselves "IFR Ketchikan Intl to Missoula Intl.PLN"

This backup file data FMS will automatically delete when the plane land.

All files are stored in your "Your documents \ Flight Simulator X \"

When STAR is loaded, the "DESCENT page lists the STAR waypoints (green is the active waypoint) , if they have a holding ("YES" in magenta), the direction of the first turn of the holding pattern and altitude constraint .

Another indication, if the next waypoint in a waiting circuits, its name is followed by "*" on the ND:

To arm a holdiong pattern, you can, as soon as the next WPT is one pressing the button "CSTR". It stores the fact that reaching the waypoint, it will begin a holding pattern.

Armed holding pattern:

The aircraft reached the WPT, he began his holding pattern to right:

Until the CSTR button is pressed , aircraft will remain in the holding pattern. If it reaches the minimum altitude WPT concerned, it will automatically switch to SPEED and ALT mode to maintain altitude and managed speed.

THE speed in the holding pattern is automatically managed. In order of priority, the lowest speed will be retained:
- If the WPT at a maximum speed, it is premium
- If the WPT has no speed constraint, then the holding pattern speed are the following (Data from FCOM Airbus A320)
Altitutde above 14000ft = 265 KIAS
Altitude between 6000 and 14000ft = 230 KIAS
Lower altitude to 6000ft = 200 KIAS

If you leave the holding pattern, just disable the "CSTR" button. In this case, the aircraft will complete the holding being continued his route according to the flight plan. If you disable a holding pattern, you will not be able to activate it again (but if the next waypoint also holding patterns, you can of course use).

Disabling the holding pattern. The aircraft will finish before resuming his route, since the WPT output of a holding pattern is always the same as the WPT entered.

Attention, sometimes entering a holding pattern is at an angle, so the aircraft will first be able to initial holding pattern heading before starting the circuit, that can make you believe that it will turn in the wrong direction, but no ....

I have not yet begun to write code for the approaches and define the file format about approachs data (but I'm going to start today). In the meantime, if you have arrival airport charts and maps, it is easy to add with the gauge, between the STAR waypoints and track to create your arrival
(example of adding "PANOC" the IAF of the 28R of Portland when we get the STAR BONVL 6:

Terrain Radar (called TAWS), for the moment, I have no available button to activate (the dedicated button is not encrypted file In the VC MDL file), so temporarily, just the click in the lower right corner of the ND to activate .

NOTE: [/ b]
3 colors altitude indications are based on your current altitude aircraft.
Black = 2000 ft at least in your aircraft
Yellow = -2000 to 0 ft
Red = the terrain is above you

That the altitude of the aircraft changes, I must "refresh" the radar display, and the only solution offered by FSX for this is to change zoom factor of the map.

So if the plane descends or climb of more than 500ft, I execute a refreshing cycle. This results in a display to "disturbs" for about 1-2 seconds for FSX that recalculates the map. It's not great, but I'm looking for a soluiton to "neutralize" the display during refresh, but I have not found it yet.

Warning: The use of radar terrain is needs CPU power, it can lose 5 to 10 FPS !

I will post the day the STAR of SALT LAKE CITY (KSLC), which will allow to have few complete airports in the northwest U.S.

To summurize :
- All the managed mode are completed
- All the FCU mode are completed
- TAKEOFF, climb ,cruise and descent in managed mode are completed.
- SID and STAR management is completed

It remains to me :
- some minor changes on the PFD (VAPP, F & S indicator when landing, adjust the flaps speed...)
- The imprved TCAS on the ND
- toggle the 2 ECAMS in high definition
- Write the approach code and define the Approach file format.

I think that 90% of the job is completed.

Francois

platudis

Post by platudis »

fdd_fr wrote:Check if you crossfeed valve is closed. I will check if there is an error in code. Thank you for your feedback.
Yes, XFEED is closed. As I said, it works perfectly for the center fwd and aft tank, he only stops using the main tank too early and switches to the wing tanks.
Another question: Are you able to limit the TCAS symbols to aircraft some 5000 feets above/below you? With AI-Traffic-Extensions the radar gets crowded very soon.

Thanks; and the screens in your last post look very good, I'm definitly waiting for it to be released for the A321 :)

Greets

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

platudis wrote:
fdd_fr wrote:Check if you crossfeed valve is closed. I will check if there is an error in code. Thank you for your feedback.
Yes, XFEED is closed. As I said, it works perfectly for the center fwd and aft tank, he only stops using the main tank too early and switches to the wing tanks.
Another question: Are you able to limit the TCAS symbols to aircraft some 5000 feets above/below you? With AI-Traffic-Extensions the radar gets crowded very soon.

Thanks; and the screens in your last post look very good, I'm definitly waiting for it to be released for the A321 :)

Greets

it is expected that I improve the TCAS , having the ability to adjust the height of detection of AI aircraft ( above or below you).

When the A320 beta will be completed, this panel will be adapted at all the A32x family quickly.

I havn't yet the time to test the fuel system of the A321 (I will test tomorrow) and I will comeback to you.

Rednacks

Post by Rednacks »

Hi everyone !
Congratulation François for this new panel version, you're doing an amazing work ! Thank you !
I have a problem with the GPWS (Callout), I don't hear the voices anymore during the final approach .. Do you have an idea about the origin of this problem ?

Thank you,
Rednacks

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Rednacks,

Thank you for your message.

For your callout problem, check following elements :

In your panel.cfg file, you must have in the [VCockpit02] the line :
gauge04=CALLOUT_SOUND!dsd_xml_sound3, 0,0,0,0, ./Sound/CALLOUT_FD/Sound.ini

Check in your FSX\Gauges\ folder, you must have the following dll : CALLOUT_SOUND.dll

Check in your ..FSX\Sound\ folder, you must have a folder called : CALLOUT_FD
This folder must have 16 .wav files, and one .ini and on .txt file.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have updated the KSLC airport, that have now SID and STAR (SID created by Fred Cerven and STAR by me).

So, the panel 0.50 that I have uploaded yesterday has a small bug if the destination airport has more than 33 STAR. So , KSLC has 42 STAR. I have fixed the bug and you can download by the following link, the patch that fix this problem :

Patch 0.52a for the panel 0.52 fix the bug when there is more than 33 STAR in an airport

This patch contains only 2 things :

- The file "A320_PFD.xml" that you must copy in the folders "\panel\A320_CFM\" and "\Panel\A320_IAE\" . The file is the same for the 2 engines versions.

- And you have the FMS folder, called "A320_FMS", that you must also copy in each panel folder of the Aircraft (CFM and IAE). The FMS folder is the same for the 2 aircraft.

After this update, you can download the new version of KSLC, and use his 42 STAR.

For the STAR, when you see in the index eg : 16L-ALL, that's means that with this STAR , you can land directly on the runway 16L (you have just to add with the gauge the IAF waypoint between the last WPT of the Star and the Airport) but you must have charts. You can land also on all other runways, but in this case, the approach could begin after the end of the STAR, or require vector to final, ATC guidance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Platudis, I can now test your tank problem on the A321.
Last edited by fdd_fr on 17 Mar 2013, 17:21, edited 1 time in total.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Platudis,

I output of my hangar , my old A321v3. And i have tested.

Fuel system works fine :
I have set 25% of fuel in the 3 center tanks; here at take off

Center back fall in reserve :

Center forward tank fall in reserve :

main Center tank fall in reserve :

Maybe have you overwritted the aircraft.cfg or when you have installed a new texture, or change the panel.cfg.....

I have prepared a repair kit, with the Cab file, the aircraft.cfg file for the IAE and CFm version (delete my [FLTSim] section but look at before if your section is wrote as the same) and panel.cfg file .

you can download it here ---> http://www.db-online.fr/francois/temp/A ... repair.zip

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Francois, you're changing the defailt A321 to something completely different! :D

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

oh, the V3 version is old now.

The A320 beta I'm working on is already 100 times higher than the old V3, with all the real Airbus FCU functions. All the real VNAV (takeoff, climb, cruise, descent, with holding pattern :D ) , is completed . I'll soon be able to adapt to the FMS A318/19/21

This will be the first freeware owned a real VNAV.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

I'm just asking.

You will do the same work with new PA330? Or this is your first and last work?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I hope adapt this FMS in the futur a330/340. I wait the VC and I hope that all buttons will be functionned and that the throttle code of the MDL file will be as I suggest, because, in this case, I my panel will manage the throttles like the real airbus (A/THR will not move the throttle on Airbus). My code is ready for that.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I have updated my post about the patch of the panel, because the paenl version was wrong (i have wrote 0.50 for 0.52).

I have edited and fixed the link.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Hi, have You found a solution for Terrain radar?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Terrain radar (TAWS) and STAR holding pattern work since panel 0.52

Read the post above : viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1942&start=550#p23380

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

I know, but You said:
"So if the plane descends or climb of more than 500ft, I execute a refreshing cycle. This results in a display to "disturbs" for about 1-2 seconds for FSX that recalculates the map. It's not great, but I'm looking for a soluiton to "neutralize" the display during refresh, but I have not found it yet."

So thats why I'm asking You.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

TAWS work, so It need to refresh the map, and the map is complex, so FSX takes 1 to 2 seconds for recalculate the map.

I think tht is not a big problem. The only problem if the refresh function is a un-zoom re-zoom function, so the picture flashing. I would like to toggle the screen all black while refresh, but I havn't find the solution for the moment.

But it is a minor problem IMHO

Have you try the STAR and the holding pattern while managed descent ? what do you think about ? more than 50 hours of works for code working !

Francois

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Yes, I have tried it. I think that it's realistic funkcion! I really respect You for your patience to write these codes. ;)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

As many peaople ask me a updated complete pack, I have prepared it with a provisional user manual, and 9 quility repaints(5 CFM et 4 IAE):

Air France F-GJVB Livery (CFM) de Nicholas Chung.
Iberia EC-HAG Livery (CFM) de Nicholas Chung
AIR INTER F-GGEA Livery (CFM) de Nicholas Chung
UNITED AIRLLINES Livery (CFM) de Nicholas Chung
British Airways G-EUUZ Livery(IAE) de Nicholas Chung
Air New Zealand Livery (IAE) de Project Airbus Team.
Thomas Cook Peanuts livery (CFM) de Marco Fischbach
AVIANCA livery (CFM) de Manuel Jose Larrahondo Burgos
CYPRUS AIRWAYS livery (IAE) de Manos Papadoulis

This version is fully functional from takeoff to end of STAR (IAF), with all modes (slected andmabaged); It remains to me only to work on the ECAMS, and the approachs.

Here is the link to download (300Mo) :
Full Pack A320 FMS beta 0.53 with 9 textures provisional user manual

Important : Read the Aircraft install manual PDf filen, necause you must install and declare 2 DLLs and you must write the path of the FSX documents folder in a specific file !

Only the first part of the user manual is completed; the translation has been made by Adrian Roebl. For the second part, I have wrote myself quickly the essentials functions; It is not completed and my english is horrible : sorry.

If you have already the aircraft, here is the link to download only the update of the panel in 0.53 vesion :
Panel 0.53 CFM & IAE March,23

And if you want only the provisional user manual
Provisional user manual

What's new with the 0.53 version:
=============================
- Correct the code for the Airport which have in their name, forbidden characters (As "/"); now the gauge can overwrite all the FSX original flight planfiles
- IIn the previois versions, the climb altitude constraint didn't work when this altitude was above 10000ft. Bug fixed
- Now, in managed mode, you can pre-select a HDG, even if the dashes are displayed. If you turn yout wheel mouse on the knob, the value appears and you can slect you future HDG. Dashes comeback 20 seocnds later. (real function of the Airbus FCU).
- I have chane the reading codeof the STAR , in the gauge, if there is an error in the holding pattern declaration in the STAR data file
- I have created a offset, to the initial climb in SRS mode, according the Airport altitude. This offset decrease the initial pitch . It is for the airports above 3000 ft
- The Trackiing VOR mode didn't work when the FMS was activated : bug fixed; You can track a VOR, with FMS activated, byusing the LOC button and the CRS knob.
- Ther was a syntax error in my xml code in a file, which could occurs FSX crash : bug fixed
- The calculation of the TOD was not updated if there was a second flight level cruise. Bug fixed
- The arrival altitude linked with the TOD , when there was no STAR loaded was flase: bug fixed.

Now, I will write a manual to create STAR.

Thank you

Francois
Last edited by fdd_fr on 24 Mar 2013, 19:29, edited 1 time in total.

platudis

Post by platudis »

Wow, I'm really stunned. You sure did a really great work :)

Two small things:
- I usally start with a direct route from start to destination, so I'm entering waypoints manually in the FMS (well, as in the real world). It would be nice if the number would be increasing each time I add a waypoint. Example: I have 2 waypoints, the departure and the destination airport. I want to add some waypoints for the route, so I press "#", "2", then the first waypoint and press "ADD". Now I have three waypoints. To enter the second waypoint, I need to press "#", "3", waypoint, add and so on. If the number would increase automaticly, I wouldn't have to press "#" and a number again. because "RTE-FIX" stays activated as well, I could just enter waypoint-names one after each other and press "add". Now, I have to change the number every time. Hope you understand what I mean.
- When I enter a runway on the TAKE-OFF-Page, before choosing a SID, the flight plan is mixed up. One point of the flight plan, "RW07", is then AFTER the SID.

Rednacks

Post by Rednacks »

Hi François !
Thank you for this new panel version, I see that the work is almost done and it's a " chef d'oeuvre " :D
I know it's a detail, but it would be interresting to change the old checklists to match more with the new panel versions ..

Thank you,
Rednacks

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

platudis wrote:Wow, I'm really stunned. You sure did a really great work :)

Two small things:
- I usally start with a direct route from start to destination, so I'm entering waypoints manually in the FMS (well, as in the real world). It would be nice if the number would be increasing each time I add a waypoint. Example: I have 2 waypoints, the departure and the destination airport. I want to add some waypoints for the route, so I press "#", "2", then the first waypoint and press "ADD". Now I have three waypoints. To enter the second waypoint, I need to press "#", "3", waypoint, add and so on. If the number would increase automaticly, I wouldn't have to press "#" and a number again. because "RTE-FIX" stays activated as well, I could just enter waypoint-names one after each other and press "add". Now, I have to change the number every time. Hope you understand what I mean.
- When I enter a runway on the TAKE-OFF-Page, before choosing a SID, the flight plan is mixed up. One point of the flight plan, "RW07", is then AFTER the SID.

When you enter your waypoint, begin by the last and do as a countdown : like this, you havn't to enter the position atr each waypoint : the position of each new waypoint is alwaus the same. I don't know if you see what I means ....

E.G : you have a flight plan with only departure and arrival airport.

Ypou want add waypoint, select the position "1" (yes , I know, Threre is no other choice in this case :D ) bt enter the waypoint the nearest of destination, and go back for each waypoint. Like this, you can keep the same number of position of waypoint. This method is very quickly !

I will check for the runway problem. Thank for the report bug.

Rednacks wrote:Hi François !
Thank you for this new panel version, I see that the work is almost done and it's a " chef d'oeuvre " :D
I know it's a detail, but it would be interresting to change the old checklists to match more with the new panel versions ..

Thank you,
Rednacks

It is planned. The checklist wiil be totally rebuild, and with a checklist for the FMS paramaters.

Thanks.

edit : For those who have undestand the SID construction, I have prepared a kit to build STAR :

Kit and sample to create STAR

This kit contains a manual in HTM, and a sample with EHAM SCHIPHOL, with the STAR and runway approach charts.

Buid STAR is more complex than build SID, because you must examine the runways approachs files, to know for which runways the STAR has approachs .

Begin by european STAR, because US STAR are very difficult .

Rednacks

Post by Rednacks »

I have a question for the STARs : how can we do if the star mention a DME arc ? :/

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

My gauge don't manage DME Arc with a STAR.

I did not anticipate this case because I've never seen with a STAR (only with approaches).

Can you put me a link to the map of this STAR ?

Rednacks

Post by Rednacks »

In fact I was speaking of the approaches, you're right !
So there is no FMS solution to this issue ? We must do it manually ?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

No rednacks, because i havn't wrote yet the approah code and the approah file data format.
I an thinkink about it,but i need time to examine all the different charts cases , but it is planned.

I need jst a little time to write the xml code.

Be patient, approahs will arrive.

Reagards

Francois

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

What functions will be in approach page?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I hope to realize that :

In most cases, the last WPT STAR is a so-called IAF (Initial approach FIX). and often with a holding pattern, to wait the clearance of the ATC or to allow to consult the ATIS.

Since the IAF, airports charts offer the procedure for landing on one or more runways.

So when you have loaded a STAR, approach page will display the list of runways which an approach is available, and nd you only have to load this approach in the FMS to land.

I am currently studying, the wholes type maps (U.S., European) to determine all type of approaches phases.

This may simply be a list of waypoints (with altitude and speed dataà , May it can also be composed of straight segments with a specific turn in final, with heading and distance from a VOR or DME-ARC turns.

So I'm trying to build a file format which I'll write all this informations. And I must write the xml code to manage these informations ( The DME-ARC is the most difficult to code in the gauge).

Finally, you click the runways your choice, and the FMS will guide the aircraft until landing including the published missed approach procedure if you not land at the last minute, whith the degagement trajectory and the holding pattern.

All these functions are in real FMS . I hope that I will arrive to code.
Last edited by fdd_fr on 26 Mar 2013, 17:12, edited 1 time in total.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Ok, thanks for info. ;)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I finish SID/STAR of EGPF Glasgow and after, I promise you, I realize EYVI and EYKA.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Thank You! :D

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

When I have realized the STAR of EPGF, Glasgow, it appears, that some navaids don't respect the FSX syntax, so I must change my code to adapt to this error.

Here is the updated panel :
Panel 0.54 CFM & IAE 27 march

What's new from 0.53 et to 0.54
===============================
- In managed mode, if you want display and preset the HDG, the display worked only when you turn the wheel mouse in one direction in first : fixed
- I have added some security code in the managed descent to prevent stall in some rare cases
- I have discover that some NAVAIDS name don't respect the FSX syntax for their name (I suppose that they are from the Graham Mitchell AIRACs; So I have chage my xml code, to fix this situation. Now, all works.

This panel is required to use the EPGF Glasgow STAR.

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I am wrinting the Approach code for the gauge, with for work base, Las Vegas KLAS.

I update in the same time the Vref, Vapp, and flaps speeds symbols on the PFD.

I have past 3 hours , thismoornig to gind the mathematic function to calculte the Vref (because I have founded only a values arry, but not the function). So I must create it and I am happy, because I have win !

A320 Vref = ( ( Aircraft weightl(kg) / 1000 ) * 1.757 + ( ( COSINE(Aircraft weight(kg)) / 1000 ) * 50 ) )
3 hours to create a formula that work !
But I am very happy !!!

I test this afternoon, my new code for the approach, with DME-arc function; I hope that it will work ........

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Good news! :D You're doing awesome job! I can't wait for a new update. :)

Pe11e

Post by Pe11e »

Does anyone have a problem with PA A320 v3 extremely low ground friction? The airplane will stop from 5kts to 0 kts ground speed after 200 meters when the throttle is on IDLE. Also, airplane tends to start moving by itself when on idle.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Hi, I have a question.

This a320 is v2.1?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

The real A320 is like this. Aicraft can roll alone at idle when he isn't full loaded. This is the reality.

When the aircraft is full loaded, it doesn't move normally.

I have created the DME-ARC function in the FMS, for the STAR and Apporachs. Some minors bugs to correct, but the function work and the follows according the VOR radius change from less than 0.1 NM !

i am very happy.

2 Days of work !

fcerven

Post by fcerven »

Hi Francois,

Got a chance to do a short flight from Salt Lake City (KSLC) to Las Vegas (KLAS) using your most recent 0.54 build and all I can say is WOW!! It all seems to work as advertised.

Took off from KSLC heading southwest using my departure SID and approached using your GRNPA1 STAR to 19R at KLAS. Descent, altitude and speed control were both good. I also did a couple of hold patterns. One that turned right at the CSINO waypoint and one that turned left at the LUXOR waypoint. Both worked flawlessly. I was even a little (about 1000 ft) high at CSINO and the aircraft continued to descend to the assigned altitude while in the holding pattern. I also did 2 complete holding patterns at LUXOR by leaving the CSTRNT button on after the first. The aircraft completed the second set of turns like it was supposed to.

You are to be Congratulated on your fine work.

I guess that now the instructions for the STAR are out, I will start preparing them for the airports that have SIDs in the Pacific Northwest. Expect them to start arriving later this coming week.

Again, thanks for the great work,

Fred.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Thanks for your feedback, Fred !

I am finishing the approach code. DME ARC works now.

I hope to post a update of the panel tomorrow, with the approaches of KLAS las Vegas.

STAR instruction are here : STAR instructions and EXCEL input files

But I will completed them, if need of DME arc.

Normally, DME arc are only for SID or Approachs.

I 'll give more explanation tomorrow.

I am very enjoying to be arrived to create the programing code for the DME arc !

I am tired tonight.

Francois