Support Project Airbus A318/319/320/321 FD Special Version

fdd_fr

Re: Support Project Airbus A318/319/320/321 FD Special Versi

Post by fdd_fr »

dskviator wrote:Hi Francois...Also, the chrono is not being displayed anymore, I had used it with 0.55. Clicking on the Chrono button does not display the timer on the ND. Just two quick things I tested.

Charan
Hi charan,

The Chrono works. I think that you havn't set the ND in the right mode . The chrono works only when the ND is in ILS or VOR mode, as real Airbus.

Airbus Fan wrote:Hi, thank You for this update.

What new will be in the other update?
I will update quickly the panel 0.56, because it seems that the Glide/Slope capture maybe occurs problem with some approaches. I will add a FAF altitude in the FMS otherwise, the G/S may be captured at only 1000ft of the runway altitude.

After, the next step will be the ECAMs design. A member of "pilote-virtuel.com" had redraw for me all the bitmap of the ECAMS in high resolution, and with a look more realistic. But I must re-write all the xml code for the bitmap animation.

jamanchores727

Post by jamanchores727 »

Hi Francois,
I am currently using your panel (V3 version) in all my PA 320/319 fleet. I just noticed that the flaps retract right after takeoff. As far as I know, flaps are to be retracted at 3,000 ft. But your configuration makes it retract lower than 3,000 feet. Any suggestions on this Francois?

Thanks,
Jam :D

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Jamanchores,

Thank you for your interest.

At takeoff, retractation of the flaps is linked with aircraft speed and not with altitude.

I don't know where you have read this value of 3000 ft but is not real.

The standard acceleration altitude, by default, in the Airbus FMS is 1200ft above ground level ( except in special cases according the airport rules).

So the Flaps retracts passing 195 kts and slats are retracted passing 210kts. On an Airbus, Slats and flaps retractation is managed by a specific computer called SFCC. All the V3 version have this SFCC gauge.

Regards

Francois

jamanchores727

Post by jamanchores727 »

fdd_fr wrote:Hi Jamanchores,

Thank you for your interest.

At takeoff, retractation of the flaps is linked with aircraft speed and not with altitude.

I don't know where you have read this value of 3000 ft but is not real.

The standard acceleration altitude, by default, in the Airbus FMS is 1200ft above ground level ( except in special cases according the airport rules).

So the Flaps retracts passing 195 kts and slats are retracted passing 210kts. On an Airbus, Slats and flaps retractation is managed by a specific computer called SFCC. All the V3 version have this SFCC gauge.

Regards

Francois
Is there anyway to remove the gauge? Anyways, this info didn't come from Airbus. These are procedures for noise abatement in some airports.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Jamanchores,

YOu cannot desactivate the SFCC gauge, because that's needs to change the XML code in other gauges of the panel.

And SFCC and noise abatement procedure have no relation. By desactivate SFCC, the aircraft accelerate by the same maner (and he will do more noise, because flaps produce drag, engines must produce more thrust. If you want do the less noise as possible, you must retract your flaps and slats the most quickly as possible).

The V3 family was my first work in xml language, so the system are very basics on this serie. The VNAV function that is in this aircraft serie is an unreal VNAV because it use the FSX default autopilot and A/THR function that not allow to manage a real Vertical Navigation function. The FSX A/THR function works only in SPEED mode, and on a real aircraft, A/THR works in constant thrust mode. This is the reason why I have decided to create a nexw version called A32x FMS version).

For the moement, there is on ly a beta of the A320, that is not totaly completed, but that works from takeofff to landing.

Download the beta A320 FMS version. With this version, you can follow the noise porcedure abatement and the Speed constraint of airports. With the FMS version, the aircraft has the most realistic comportement as possible (only the design of the FMS is unrealistic with the goal that it will be useable by beginners). I have wrote for this version my own autopilot and my own A/THR mode to create the real A/THR function of the liners.

YOu have all the tools in my FMS to follow the noise abatement procedure of any airports.

The first thing is to set properlly the Takeoff thrust ; Use the FLEX/MCT setting and adjust the Flex to temp parameter, according the following information :
- Takeoff weight of the aircraft
- Lenght of the run way
- Ambiant temperature
- Altitude of the airport
- Barometric pressure.

Engine thrust is high when :
- Altitude is low
- ambiant temperature is low
- barometric perssure is high

If the ambiant temperature increase, or the altitude is high, engines lose thrust.

So you must adjust the FLEX to TEMP to adjust the takeoff thrust. You can increase the value of until +50° from the rel temperature. The more you increase this value, more you decrease the takeoff engine thrust.

In the same maner, if your runway is very long, or yuor aircraft is lightweight, and your airport is at low altitude, you can increase this value.

After, for the noise abatement procedure, you must use the THR RED and ACC ALT parameter.

If the rules of your airport says that you have a noise abatement procedure until 4000ft, set you FMS parameter as follow :
THR RED = 1200
ACC ALT = 4000

With this parameter, when the aircraft takeoff, It maintain his takeoff thrust until 1200ft, with a pitch of 15° and to keep the SRS speed (between 160-180 kts, according the aircraft weight).
When he reaches 1200ft, the pitch decrease to 10°, and the engine thrust will decrease at minimum power to maintain the SRS speed (thrust will be 50-55% of N1, no noise), until the aircraft raches 4000 ft.
Passing 4000ft, aircraft will accelerate to his climb speed (250 kts by default, but you can adjust this parameter yet).

In the airport rules, you can have also, Speed Constraint, with noise abatement procedure (for exemple : 220kts until 5000ft).. In this case, use the Constr parameter, by set to 5000ft and 220 IAS.
With this configuration, when the aircraft will reaches his Acceleration altitude, he accelerates to 220kts until he reaches 5000f.

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I confirm that with the panel 0.56, the G/S capture may be impossible when the approach requires a angle higher than the standard 3° .

This is the case at Salt lake city. I am working to find a solution and KSLC is the good airport, because he has several difficulties : High altitude airport (4200ft) and relief, with high angle approach.

By cons, my managed holding pattern by the FMS works very fine now :

Landing to Salt lake City by the south (STAR QUEENY 5), with FFU vor Holding pattern to land to the runway 35 :

I am happy of my holding pattern programmation code ! :D

Je me dépêche de résoudre ce probleme de G/S......

dskviator

Post by dskviator »

Hi Francois,

figured out my problem...on the IAE engines, the Approach doesn't work, but on the CFM, it works perfectly. Also on the IAE, I couldn't save the FMS file you were talking about, on the CFM, I will try and let you know in about a couple of hrs.

Charan!!

EDIT: I tried saving the flight enroute, but it did not save the fms file, just the usual fsx save files.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Checkk if the IAE panal is updated (version 0.56

And the FMS data save function works only if your are in virtual cokpit when you save your in FSX. I don't know the source of this problem, but that's work only in VC mode .

I search the reason of this mysterious.

Francois

Edit : tink that the file is automatically deleted when the aircraft land (I have made this function to prevent that an other fly with the same departure and destinatioin is perturbed by the FMS data of another flight.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

My xml code was a problem, when the aircraft arrived in the opposite side ofht entrance of a holding pattern.

Since yesterday, I add new code to add the official ICAO procedure when the aircraft arrives by the opposite way in a hodong pattern.

After hours and hours of wrinting code and test, I have the firs good result :

Here is a sample withe the STAR "RIVER" from EHAM AMsterdam. When you want to land o the 36's runways, the aircratf arrives by the opposite way in the SPL VOR holding pattern that is at the vertical of the airport.

The ICAO procedur is a turn to 30° in the holding pattern to jump at the opposite turn.

Here is my first positive test, after 20 hours of coding :

STAR PUTTY-RIVER of EHAM

I think that now, my classic holfding pattern are perfect

I arrive by the opposite way to the SPL VOR holding pattern. Aircraft turn to left at 30° according the inital leg

Holding pattern is completed and go to the 36C

Last turn too slow so track is not beautiful

All the procedure is managed by the FMS

panel 0.57 will be updated with this new function, but I must make other test to be sure that 's work in all configuration

I must change the existing approaches files, because the variable "TURN" had 2 values today
- 1 = Left turn
- 2 = right turn

Now, there are 4 possible values for this parameter

- 1 left turn if aircraft is in the same way that the holging pattern (with less than 90° of right or left angle)
- 2 right turn if aircraft is in the same way that the holging pattern (with less than 90° of right or left angle)
- 3 left turn if aircraft is in the opposite way of the holging pattern (with more than 90° of right or left angle)
- 4 right turn if aircraft is in the opposite way of the holging pattern (with more than 90° of right or left angle)

I will come back to you when all will be ok.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

I have completed the xml code of the FMS for the front entrance in holding patterns in STAR and APPROACHS files.

Here is some picture to explain how code in the EXCEL file the holding pattern/

Left Holding pattern :

Right Holding pattern :

A sample with a front entrance in a left holding pattern :

Here is the code in the EXCEL file with the sample above :

With this sfunction, the FMS will guide the aircraft according the ICAO procedure for this type of holding pattern entrance and the result will be :

I will prepare a tutorial with a new EXCEL file to enter the data.

The front entrance for holding pattern (code 3 & 4 for the "Turn" Variable) will be compatbile with the panel beta 0.57 that I will post tomorrow or wenesday.

I will update all the existing STAR and approachs of hte actual database with this new function.

dskviator

Post by dskviator »

Hi Francois,

I am so sorry, I completely forgot about the saving from VC part, I mostly use the 2D cockpit on this one...gotcha now!! I am still having some trouble with the A/THR when reaching cruise, it automatically goes starts slowing down and then when I try a few things it works, never too sure what fixes it.

As for the IAE panel, I did check it was version 0.56...I will probably update it to 0.57 and try again.

Also, I am not sure how to program the holds...is that in the manual you gave us or here on the forum, I must've missed it.

Cheers!!
Charan

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Which reading have you on the FMA when you have A/THR problems ? THR CLB, SPEED, MACH, THR IDLE .....in which mode ? Have you set all you N1 thrust values in the FMS and speed for ALL phase of flight (climb, cruise ...) ?

To use holding pattern, you must load a STAR of the existing database (only few airports have STAR for the moment).

When you have loaded a STAR, in the descent page, you can see the waypoint that have Hold pattern and when the next waypoint has a hold pattern, a "*" appears after his name on the left bottom of the ND.
If you see this "star" or if you see on the descent page the current waypoint has an hold (waypoint name in green color), you have just to push the CSTR button on the dashboard. That will arm the hold.
When the aircraft will reach the waypoint, he automatically do the holding pattern.

To stop the hold, push again on CSTR button.

When the holdong pattern has began, you can cancel it only when you are on the ooposite leg or on the return to the reference wyapoint.

Francois

dskviator

Post by dskviator »

Sweet, I will try the hold next time. As for the FMA, that's what is confusing, as it is in THR CLB during most of the climb, but it vanishes at some point, there is nothing in the FMA. After trying to adjust throttle to full stops and/or disarming and then arming A/THR, at some point it returns. I didn't realize there was a problem. What I did was add a step climb and then it worked well by going into ALT CRZ.

The problem might be caused by the fact that I am unable to set the CRUISE spd. It shows 0.00 and then after I set it and change to another page and back, it goes back to 0.00. In the step climb, I was able to set the speed, probably that's why it was able to capture it.

Cheers!!
Charan

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi charan,

I think that the problem was here : No programmed Speed.

I will prepare a checklist screen to check if all essantials values are ok before takeoff.

Edit : If you have a problem, save your flight in VC mode. That's create a FMS data backup file in the FSX Flight plan folder. The name of this file is the same that your flight plan.

Example, if your flight plan is called "IFR Missoula Intl to Salt Lake City Intl.PLN", the backup file will be "IFR Missoula Intl to Salt Lake City Intl.PLN FMS dataSave.csv".

You can open this file with a text editor or with EXCEL and check all the flight data. This is a "blackbox". Or send me this file by mail.

But don't land, because this file is automatically deleted when you land or quit your flight and do a copy of this file on another place of your hard drive.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

here is the updated panel, with the new procedure for front entrance in Holding patterns

Panel 0.57 CFM & IAE April, 24

What change from 0.56 to 0.57 version
======================================
- fixed some minor bugs in holding pattern code
- New official ICAO procedure for front entrance in holding patterns. Reaquire to update the data of 6 airports (STAR and Appproachs) listed below.

- LFRD
- EGjB
- EGJJ
- KSLC
- EHAM
- LEMD

These updated airports are online, but require panel 0.57 !

Rednacks

Post by Rednacks »

Hi François,
I think dskviator is right, there is a problem when entering a value in the FMS and then switch to another page.
You must click on another square to make the value entering, and that's quite disturbing :\
Would there be any solution to make it confirmed directly ?

And also another point : is it normal that I don't have in my database some french waypoints used in the STARs ? Am I supposed to add them by my own ? Because I can't use certain STARs because of the missing of these points ..

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I see what you mean. Today, when you enter a value, you must click on the box a second time to validate the value (or click on another box of the same page). If not, the value is not stored. Today, if you enter a wrong value, and if you click again on the box to validate, you have a warning message that inform you that the value is wrong. I think that is a good solution.

This is because I have wrote xml code to check the most of the values entered, by clicking again on the box.

I need a "event" to store the value.

In a real FMC, you enter the value in a special area called scratchpad, and you must press "ENTER" button to validate.

If I change this system, the values will be not checked and user could enter wrong values. I can write code that validate the value if you change of page, but I am not sure that is a good solution.

Francois

pauldy

Post by pauldy »

hi, just downloaded your mod.

It looks really great with all that additional functions and displays but one thing prevents me from fully enjoying it..

The aircraft keeps on bobbing up and down when flying in NORMAL LAW (all FLT CTL Buttons on the Overhead pressed and not lit..)
When viewed Externally, the Elevators keep on pitching up and down even though I'm not making any joystick input.. :(

Although the Aircraft flies ok in DIRECT LAW..

Is there something that I could've missed? Thanks for any help.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I am not sure that understand what you want to say (my english is poor).

In normal law, the FBW desactivates the rudder control. the trail control is controlled in the same time by the ailerons. (but the trail animation is not displayed). All the controls comes from the joystick.

I never use "normal Law" but always "direct law"; I prefer.

See in the firom, Gary Galea has reliased a Fly By Wire software, more iimporved that the defauty FSX FBW.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

@airbusfan :

I have began to write the SID/STAR/APPROACH of Vilnius

Airports charts are very clear and simple. I think that I t will be completed tomorrow.

Speedbird

Post by Speedbird »

where is RTO switch?

Speedbird

Post by Speedbird »

fdd_fr wrote:@airbusfan :

Airports charts are very clear and simple. I think that I t will be completed tomorrow.
what do you know? I just downloaded (and crashed at an airport with double engine failure due to not enough fuel:P) ver 3 today and loved it! and tomorrow an FMC version will be released :o ! :D

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Speedbird wrote:where is RTO switch?

You have 3 switches for the autobrake function near the gear lever.
From left to right , autobrake position are :
- LOW
- MID
- MAX /RTO

THe last button has the 2 functions, depending if the aircraft is airborne or on the ground. If it is on the ground, the buttton is the RTO function. If it is airborne, the button is the MAX autobrake function.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

fdd_fr wrote:@airbusfan :

Thank You. :)

Speedbird

Post by Speedbird »

what time will it be released today? :D

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Speedbird wrote:what time will it be released today? :D

Stop asking time of release dates... You are really annoying.. :|

Speedbird

Post by Speedbird »

Airbus Fan wrote:
Speedbird wrote:what time will it be released today? :D

Stop asking time of release dates... You are really annoying.. :|
TROLL (lol)

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

He's working on his FREE TIME to make FMS as more realistic as possible... So, You should be more patient as we are.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Yes, I have a job, a wife, 3 children and a cat, and the days have 24 hours only......

EYVI - Vilnius Intl - LITHUANIA is online, with :

- 26 SID

- 19 STAR

- 28 APPROACHES with following IAF :

- KOTOV ALL RUNWAYS
- BILDI ALL RUNWAYS
- VNO ALL RUNWAYS
- GEKBI ALL RUNWAYS
- RAMUB ALL RUNWAYS
- NILNA ALL RUNWAYS
- APSOL ALL RUNWAYS

Now airbusfan, at you to work on an airport. If you want, I will send you the EXCEL file of vilnius, with the charts, to help you to nderstand how works.

I a writing a user manual to explain the creation of STAR and Approachs files.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Ok, You can send me it with PM. I really want to make more airports. :D

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

new update of the panel , now in version 0.58 :

Panel beta 0.58 CFM & IAE

What's new from version 0.57 to version 0.58
==============================================
- The FMS backup file and the update of the flight plan didn't work when you saved a flight in 2D cockpit : Bug is fixed Files are created in VC or 2D cockpit now.
- DME ARC was possible with the approachs. Now, from this 0.58 version, DME ARC function will work with STAR (I have discover that some airport STAR use DME ARC. I will post in few hours an update of LFRH Lorient Lann Bihoue - France, that is an aiport that have DME ARC on some of its STAR. This airport has been totally re-wrote (SID modified, and STAR and aaproachs added) but wait few hours, I finish to test it.
- Sometines, runways are not isplayed in the gauge map; This is due to e FSX bug (error in AFCAD that say that the airport has no hard runways or tower). I have change the gauge code to displays these runways.
- When you hadn't load an approach, the last holdong pattern of a STAR didn't work : Bug is fixed.
- When you saved a flight while climb or descent, while you reload the flight, aircraft had strange comportment; I have fixed the bug; It was a missed data in the FMS backup file. So with this new version of the panel, your old saved flight will not work; you must delete all your old saved flight and FMS backup files. (because the new panel read needs more information in the backup file).
- New xml code for the inversion turn in final approach to improve the procedure.

I will post in few jours an update of LFRH - Lann Bihoué Lorient, de Jean-pierre Varnier, whit totally new SID, STAR and approachs. This new version of this airport requires the panel 0.58, because it has DME ARC in STAR.

Francois
Last edited by fdd_fr on 03 May 2013, 06:25, edited 2 times in total.

Sodbrenner

Post by Sodbrenner »

Hey Francois

Any idea when you can post the high resolution ECAM? And will it keep the old design like it is right now or will it have the current Airbus design?

Oh and i have a little bug: the autobrake doesn´t switch itself off after gear up.

Chris

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

About autobrake, I have the same problem.. :D

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Sodbrenner wrote:Hey Francois

Any idea when you can post the high resolution ECAM? And will it keep the old design like it is right now or will it have the current Airbus design?

Oh and i have a little bug: the autobrake doesn´t switch itself off after gear up.

Chris

Panel is not completed. Be patient.

I must write the user manual to create SID/STAR/APPROACH before, but I will try to make the new ECAMS in the month. But many job, because I must re-write all the code for the Bleed circuit, and create new checklist page.

I must prepare a ttrip in the USA, so, I will have less time to devote to the panel in the next weeks.

Now, you have an aircraft that works near of prefectly. Fly !

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Yea, panel is almost perfect. If not You, a320 default panel would be just a cr*p...

We have to thank You for Your amazing job on this panel.. :)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

I have discovered, that there was many errors in the xml code when takeoff by use the selected modes. I have re-wrote the takeoff gauge of the FMS.

Here is the updated panel that fix the takeoff in selected mode (HDG or ALT or Speed)

Panel Beta 0.59 CFM & IAE May, 5th

What change between 0.58 and 0.59 version
======================================================
- in the previous panels, selected HDG mode could work only from the phase 4 of the takeoff (after Acceleration altitude). All this part of code is fixed.
- New xml code for Takeoff to fix the use of the selected modes.
- In the previous panel, ALT mode and NAV was automatically armed. And it was impossible to select another HDG that the runway
- Now, you must push or pull the HDG knob, to arm the mode (selected HDG mode or managed NAV mode)
- Now, ALT mode can be armed only if you select an altitude upper than 0 on the FCU
- It was impossible with the previous panels to select a HDG or A speed, when aircarft was on the ground, FMS activated. Now you can select a selected SPEED ( must be higher than SRS speed) and you can select your HDG.
- Now, before takeoff, check the readings on the FMA, to know, if the right mode is armed !

Sorry for these errors

Check the FMA (the reading area in the upper of the PFD) to know which mode is armed !

François

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I am sorry, but the beta 0.59 has a little bug, only on a reading.

When you takeoff in managed NAV mode (HDG knob pushed), the cyan reading "NAV" disappears of the FMA, until you engage the GPS button. And this cyan NAV reading appears whith the green one when you do a holding pattern.

This bug is only a reading bug; Aircraft and FMS works normally. So , I will correct this probleme in the next update.

The next update will have also the security warning if gear is not retracted after takeoff, the auto-disable of the RTO brakes after takeoff, and the auto-disable autobrakes, when landing , when aircraft reach less 20 kts.

After, I will create the new 2 acams, with the bitmap realized by Arthur Marx, in high definition, with the real ECAMs page design.

But , today, the FMS code is now completed, and he bird fly as a real A320.

Francois

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Hello,

I re-installed my FSX, but now I downloaded XmlWars new version 1.02, edited dll.xml file, I created FD_FMS folder, copyed files into it. But I can't see SIDS and STARS in the FMS. Could You tell me, which things I have to install... I forgot them.. Sorry. :)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello Airbusfan,

If you had the FSx messages boxes to accept XMLVars as a trust module, that's mean the module is properly intalled. (and FSX must have create a new line in the [Trusted] section of your "aircraft.cfg" file, about XMLVars. If not, that's mean your XMLVars!.dll has an error.

- In this case, check you DLL.XML file , because the lines to add must be placed at the right place (after a tag "</Launchaddon>" and before a tag "<Launchaddon>"). You must not "break" a existing section of the file.
- XMLVARS file must be placed in the ROOT of the FXM main folder.

If all is OK and you cannot see SID and STAR, the only reason that I see is that you forget to edit the file "FMC_Path.ini", located in the "FD_FMC" folder. You must edit this file with a text editor (notepad) , and replace the actual path (that is mine path for sample) by your "FSX ducuments folder", the folder where FSX saves its flight plan and saved game.
Don't forget to double the "\" character, in the line, like the sample, and no space at hte begining or the end of the line !

Edit : If your are under Vista or Seven, I think that you must be in "administrator mode".

Tell me if all is ok.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

to eveybody,

New VC textures
A friend has discover me a texture pack in high definition (32 bits) for the FSX default A32x VC that I use with this aircraft, with a dark gray color for the dashboard and a set of 3 colors for seats. I recommend to you to downlaod this pack, quality is higher ! it include night texture and also texture for Tom ruth's A330/A340 aircrafts.

You can find this pack on simaviation library : http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1 ... ade&x=25&y

Or AVSIM library : http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DL ... CatID=root

Great works and ehanced texture quality !

Otherwise, please acceper Apologies, but the Panel 0.58 and 0.59 above contain bugs, including non-activation of RWY TRK takeoff mode, and problem with displaying the NAV mode on the FMA (whether Armed mode 'Cyan ' and Activated Nav mode in ' green ').

I think I have restored order in all this without compromising the HDG mode off.

Attention, it is imperative to activate HDG or NAV before taking off (push or pull the "HDG" button).

So, here is the updated panel, that fix theses bugs :

Panel Beta 0.60 CFM & IAE May, 9

Changes between Version 0.59 and Version 0.60 May 9 [/ b]
==========================================================
- Fixed a bug that caused the impossibility of RWY TRK mode at takeoff in the panel 0.59
- Fixed bug in display modes "NAV" in Cyan (Armed) or Green (On)
- Attempt to improve the "reset" data between two flights to clear the cache of FSX.
- I have changed the waypoints color on the ND and FMS maps : "En-Route" waypoints that were yellow are now Magenta (real color on airbus) and "Terminals" waypoints that were red are now blue, according the PLAN-G color code.
If you think that this change is bad, tell me.

Now I think I can start working on the new ECAMS.

Francois

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Hello,

There is my dll.xml file. I don't see any errors here. After that, I creared FMC_path.ini with notepad and copied it to FD_FMC folder and into documents ( where FSX saves all flight plans ). But still I can't see SIDS and STARS..

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
<Disabled>True</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>
<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>XMLVars</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Path>XMLVars.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Textures are nice, but You need to create more bright day lightning, because it's too dark in day time.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Airbus Fan,

Excuse me for the delay, but I was on the sea.

I have created a "installation manual" of the aircraft. You can download it here :

A320 FD-FMC beta install manual

Check with this install manual if you havn't forget a step.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Thank You for this manual. I forgot to install LoggerX.dll file. I installed it, and SID's and STAR's are working perfectly.

Now about sounds. Could You post here effects,Callout_sound.dll file and Callout_FD folder? I don't have them in my pc...

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

I have prepared a new pack updated with the last panel, the beta 0.60.

This pack include all necessary files and user manuals, exept Loggerx.dll that must be downloed on the Robbie McElrath website (read my install manual pdf file).

it comes with 52 airports.

This link is : Pack A320 FD-FMC beta 0.60 May,12

File = 261 Mo

Attention :

I have change the color of the En-Route waypoints and Terminals Waypoints on the ND and the FMS map, but I havn't updated the user manual about this fact.

So, Waypoint "En-Route" that was Yellow, are now in Magenta color (according the real Airbus )

and Terminal Waypoints , that was RED are now BLUE.

Like this, color are the same that in PLAN-G.

This update, is the last for some weeks, because I will have less time to devote to the project in the next weeks.

But this not the end.

A new airport is added in the database, but not is this pack; you must download it : EBBR - Brussels National Airport, with SID, STAR and Approachs. See the SID/STAR/APPROACHs topic to download EBBR.

Francois

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Hi,

Could you post another link to download? Because of this one I have very low downloading speed... My internet is fast, but I don't know why from this web I have low speed..

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I think that is because there is many downloads at the beginnig, and the internet provider decrease the databand (the file is big). So try again today.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Yesterday I did 6 flights, and everything worked OK... Today I can't see approach page... I have message "No Approach data"...

I have all nessecarry files in FD_FMC folder..

*EDIT: It's weird... I restarted FSX and app page is working... :D

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Maybe you have do a flight to EBBR. I have made 2 errors in the files of EBBR, with the FLORA IAF, and the approachs from this IAF didn't works. (i have named the file FLORA.csv but the real name of the IAF is FLO, so the file must be called FLO.csv, and I have forgotten the 25L and 25R approachs from this IAF).

I have fixed the file and uploaded the new version of EBBR.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

hi folks,

i have began to work on the ECAM. And I have coded the ND unavalible function when ADIRS are not activated.

The new ECAM bitmap are in HD, drawn by ARTHS from Pilote-virtuel.com.

I add the interactive memo in the lower left, with the color code for action required

These memos will be according the phase of the flight, as a live permanent checklist