Support Project Airbus A318/319/320/321 FD Special Version

Airbus Fan

Re: Support Project Airbus A318/319/320/321 FD Special Versi

Post by Airbus Fan »

Wow. Nice! Good work Francois. ;)

Fliptod

Post by Fliptod »

First, just want to say I am thoroughly enjoying this airship :) Thanks much! I have a question regarding FMC. I have successfully tracked vor, and vor/ndb triangulation, and just now finished a half managed flight using FMC. I had no problem with the departure/climb/cruise portion, but when I try to program a descent and approach, these pages are blank. Is the FMC completed or I have older version maybe?

Sodbrenner

Post by Sodbrenner »

Hey Francois, the new ECAM looks very good! Thank you and your friend for this.

But could you move the "NOT AVAIL" on the ND just a little under the - - - line read it better? And it looks like the GS/TAS and next waypoint are a bit too far down now. maybe you could look at it again :)

Thanks again for the great work

Chris

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

It's already done, I did a quick screenshot before finish placing the readings layers.

Fliptod

Post by Fliptod »

Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong. Do you have to have Star/Sid data for fmc to manage descent and approach? I created a IFR flightplan in Plan-G, and all waypoints displayed, but I cannot enter data for descent and approach. If Star/Sid is mandatory, I will create the data for Hartsfield Jackson and KMIA.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Jave You installed XMLwars 1.02? Have You installed FD_FMC folder and copyed APP data into it?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Fliptod wrote:Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong. Do you have to have Star/Sid data for fmc to manage descent and approach? I created a IFR flightplan in Plan-G, and all waypoints displayed, but I cannot enter data for descent and approach. If Star/Sid is mandatory, I will create the data for Hartsfield Jackson and KMIA.

If you don't load a STAR, the FMS can do a basic managment of the descent. It compute the TOD (Top of descent), with a target altitute of 3000ft above your airport destination. When the aircraft reaches the TOD, you have the flashing message "DECCELERATE" on the FMA : You must select your target altitude with the FCU knob, below your actual altitude, and pull the ALT button (right click on the knob). THis action will engage the basic managed descent.

But, you must keep the control of the ALT value.

In this basic Managed descent (without STAR data) , the descent will be completed only if the aircraft reaches the altitude of 3000ft above the destination airports, and you must arrives near from 25Nm of the airport (depend of aircraft weight, winds ......). If not, your aircraft keep the THR IDLE mode.

To manage the descent, FMS requires always a target altitude.

By cons, you can toggle in selected mode for ALT and Speed, like the classic FSX aircraft.

Managed descent works in priority with STAR and Approach data files. Without STAR, the FMS hasn't enough data to have a realisctic comportement.
I hope that my writing is clear.

Francois

Fliptod

Post by Fliptod »

Ok I see, so there is a managed descent without Sid/Star data, but pilot must manually select descent altitude and initialize at TOD :). So, I need Sid/Star data! I want to see aircraft behavior before I start flying these by hand. Is there an easy to understand tutorial to create Sid/Star? I have a pretty good grasp on reading the charts, Just do not understand how to integrate data with FMS. I will start with KATL, since I fly mostly from and to there, then slowly add major airports along east coast.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

Some new of the project.

I can now say that the panel will be completed in september 2013, for the A320.

I work on the new ECAMs in HD, more realistic, with interactive memo-checklist for each flight phase ( 15 memo-checklist displayed in the lower left corner of the main ECAM.

I have found a solution to manage constraint in SID (this was the only thing that wasn't simulate on the previous version). I have found a solution to keep the actual SID file format, so the existing airports will be 100% compatible with these now functions.

Now, SID can have 3 types of constraint :

- Speed Constraint linked with an altitude (noise abatement procedure) (this function is active from the begining of the project)
- Altitude constraint linked with a waypoint ( aircraft cannot climb above an altitude until the dedicated waypoint is not overshooted : This function is new)
- Speed constraint linked with a waypoint ( aircraft cannot accelerate if the dedicated waypoint is not reached : this function is new).

Now aircraft manage totally constraint and vertical navigation for SID, STAR and approachs.

I think that these new constraint management respond to 99% of the SID cases. Now, a realistic vertical navigation is completed, from Takeoff to landing, for the first time on an freeware.

The new ECAM with the memo-checklist is only on the CFM version at this time (and the memo checklist is not completed ; It covers until climpb phase).

I have begin to linked the system to the hydraulics circuits, like real aircraft, and now, FMS map and ND map are displayed only if you active ADIRs (with a delay to init the aicraft position)

For the approachs, I have improved the code, to the VAPP calculation, with a security margin, when the gear in not down.

I have no news of adrian for the english translation of the SID/STAR manual. I will send a mail tonight

I will post this weekend the updated panel, an updated complete aircraft pack, and an updated FMC database of the 55 airports realized.

The new SID management will be active on CFM and IAE version .

This beta (0.61) will be the last until the end of July, because I go for a long trip in USA. But I take a notebook to work the night, but i will not have WIFI connection in the most of cases (I go in the Rocky mountains).

If A320 panel is competed for early september, I think that at the end of september, I will transpose the panel to the A318/A319/A321. And I think that I will adapt also on the A380, based on the tom Ruth VC, because the PA A380 VC (FS9 conception I Think) has too lag on the frame rate and disturb my autopilot for the vertival navigation ,the pitch control of the aircraft and the N1 engine control (my PID controlers for my autopilot and N1 A/THR requires 15/18 FPS minimum to work properly).

Excuse me for my bad english.

Francois

Now, I wait the A330 VC with all these buttons and switchs, to adapt the panel (That will need more works (2 or 3 months) and I hope that I will can create the pressurization and Pack function.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Good news! Good work Francois. :)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

here is the new panel
Panel A320 FD-FMC beta 0.61 june,8 2013

What's new from 0.60 to 0.61 version
==================================
- ND and FMS maps are displayed only if ADIRS is activated
- When you activate ADIRS, there is a dely of 30s (in the real life, that's take 5 mn, but I don't think taht you will wait !)
- New HD ECAM (only for the CFm version for themoment)
- 10 interactive checklists in the lower left of the main ECAM (CFM only) with more than 50 check-in and actions). System is not completed : checklist go until climb; I must complete. Chechlist are if yo use the real engines start manual procedure, not if you use CTRL+E.
- Flaps and parking brakes cannot work if the blue hydraulic circuit is not activated. I will do the same thing for all the hydraulics systems for the next update .
- VAPP is no increase of 10 kts, if the landding gear is not down. this safety thing is to avoid a too low spped of the aircraft before he reachs the FAF.
- 2 new functions in the FMS SID management : In the previous version, FMS could manage a Speed constraint according a altitude.
now, there are 2 new constraint supported by the FMS in SIDs :
- Speed constraint, linked with a waypoint
- maximum Altitude constraint linked with a waypoint (cannot overshoot 10000ft)
The SID file format is unchanged and all the SID 's Airports already realized are always ok. these 2 new functions allow the FMS a real vertical navigation for the SID, like STAR and Approach.
- I have added the ILS sound signal, when the ILS beam is captured, when the FMS manage the radio NAV tand set the frequency automatically.
- The minimum cruise flight level in the FMS is now FL120 (It was FL100 in older version) This change is to correct a bug according the verticale navigation process of the FMS..

One airport of the Database has been updated : LFRH - Lorient, because one SID had an error and now, one SID use the new speed constraint linked to a waypoint. see the SID/STAR/Approach topic.

This panel is thelast update for the 2 months that arrives.

The next update, (and It will a big update) will be at the end of July.

Thank you for your feedback or if you find bugs.

François

fsxfan

Post by fsxfan »

Short question:
Will you write a tutorialflight? Your panel is a masterpiece!
Can you add an icon on the panel or a clickspot in the vc to open the FMS?
Will you adapt your panel on the T.Ruth long haulers too?

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

FSXFAN,

You have to press 'Master Caution' button to open FMS.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

How turn off that annoying "beep bepp" sound? ( ILS sound signal )..

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I will send you tomorrow the ILS xml file without the sound.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Or try to turn off the "call1" button on the 2D radio panel.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

fsxfan wrote:Short question:
Will you write a tutorialflight? Your panel is a masterpiece!
thank you very much
Yes, there is a user manual in the aircraft Pck. search in the previouos page the link to download the beta 0.60 complete pack (there is a english provisional user manual, translate by adrian Roebl) and update the panel with the 0.61

Can you add an icon on the panel or a clickspot in the vc to open the FMS?
AirbusFan has answered at your request

Will you adapt your panel on the T.Ruth long haulers too?
The panel will be finish in september. If the Project Airbus A330/340 VC will be ready, I will adapt this FMC to the Project Aibus in priority.

If not, I will adapt it to the A330/340 tom ruth's, if tom is OK.

fsxfan

Post by fsxfan »

Do you mean the manual for version 0.53?
If there's a new one, can you upload it as a single pdf please? My internet connection is very slow here!
@ AirbusFan
thanks!

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Yes, there is an update panel (0.6x), that is in the 0,6x aircraft pack.

You can find in this directory all the english files : English manuals

Only the SID/STAR/APPROACH creation data file manual is in french , but you can use google translation;

These manuals are not completed.

There is also the XLS file to create SID/STAR and approachs

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Adrian Roebl as completed the translation in english of the first part of the manual to create SID/STAR. I have uploaded in the English folder with the link of the previous post.

Read the last post on the freenav DB group topic : viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2637&start=100#p24124

There is also the new EXCEL input file to write SID.STAR, Approach files.

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

I will add in the FMS, the NAT (North Atlantic Tracks) , because all the waypoints exist in the Graham Mitchell's AIRAC. The FMS will be ready for the A380/330/340 and B747/777

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

You will adapt FMS to the B 747?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Yes, it is expected (based on the POSKY model) . But I search a modeler to build A better VC that the FSX model, because many functions of my panel (Bleeds management , x-bleed, fuel management , crossfeed, engine failure or fire .....autopilot switchs ) have no corresponding button , switch ......in the FSX VC that is pathetic The FSX B747 VC is very to poor in controls. I need a real overhead.

I have write the panel and the FMC to easily transpose to other aircrafts, but I need good VC model.

I hope adapt my FMC to the maixmum of aircrafts; the database is universal.

TheRedBaron

Post by TheRedBaron »

fdd_fr wrote:in the FSX VC that is pathetic...I need a real overhead.
Francois, you are probably the only person around here that has a right to say this :) Your work is truly amazing!

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Where is that d*mn like button? :D

esg

Post by esg »

On Facebook.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

PA has page in Facebook?

esg

Post by esg »

No

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Oh,lol.

SleepyWeltonBoy

Post by SleepyWeltonBoy »

Great work indeed.

One question for you. I note that for the CFM model, a thrust-dependent engine exhaust emission is evident but is apparently absent from the IAE model.

Is this deliberate, or is there a means of switching this on for the IAE model? (I like this effect because it adds realism to the simulation).

How is this exhaust emission hard-wired into the model?

SleepyWeltonBoy

Post by SleepyWeltonBoy »

I have answered this question myself. If you use the exterior model for the CFM model with the IAE model then the engine emissions do appear, so these effects are obviously hard-coded into the CFM model file. Might still be nice to see the exhaust effects with the IAE model, though (although it is a matter of taste for those who peek outside often!).

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello ,

I am just come back from my holidays. I havn't worked on the project since I am go away. No time and too many things to do while this trip. So, I need few days to start again to work because, i can't understand my code now !! :D

I have discover 2 or 3 big bugs in the last version of the panel. The most important is the fact that the ICAO region code of the destination airport is not properly detected, and that occurs a problem if you want add manually waypoints, and may occur a FSX crash when you quit the game, or if you load a saved game with a STAR and/or approach loaded.
I think that I have found the origin of this bug, and I will post in some hours an update of the file "A320_FMS_Main.xml", located in the \panel\A320_FMS\ folder of each version.

If you have discover other bugs, please, report me.

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Here is a hotfix for the Arrival ICAO region code : Panel 0.61 Hotfix

Unzip and copy and replace the existing file "A320_FMS_main.xml" in the folder \Panel\A320_FMS\ of the 2 versions (CFM and IAE)

I am sorry to let a bugged version before go to holidays.

Francois

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Welcome back, Francois. :)
Thank you for this update.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

Here is the updated panel which fix some bugs of the 0.61 version :

Panel 0.62 CFM & IAE

The news :
=========
- Fixed two bugs in the main file FMS that occurs a recognition problem of regional ICAO code of the destination airport and caused a crash FSX when leaving it, if STAR was responsible
- Now, erasing a STAR leads automatically erasing the approach if it had been loaded. With the 0.61, if an approach was loaded, if you deleted a STAR, you could not delete the approach.
- The information of temperature and time, the bottom of the secondary are ECAM display once ADIRS is initialized.
- Suppression of the sound signal of the ILS, which can be manually engage activating "CALL1" radio button
- Immediate start of ADIRS when the backup is charging a flight in the air
- Increase in VAPP + 15kts until the gear is not output to avoid the aircraft is pitched too if in level before landing.
- Disarming the autobrake landing when the plane drops below 20kts.
- During automatic landing, when the A / THR automatically disarms itself (under 30ft), gases are no longer automatically set to 0, it is the pilot of the joysticks 0 mettres the message "Delay".
- Fixed a bug which, when passing to THR RED ACC ALT, when the two values ​​are equal, resulted in a significant drop in speed of motors, as the aircraft did not reduce its angle of climb 10 °.

The fourth Star of EHAM Amsterdam was false (ICAO region code false for the first waypoint of each of these STAR, that where in england and not in Netherlands. So, I have posted a new version of EHAM.

Tha,ks

Francois

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Thanks for this update.

I bought new pc, and I'm installing nessecerry files. I should install Logger file into Modules forldeR?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Yes, you must install loggerX in the "Modules" Folder and XMLVars.dll in the FSX root folder; After, you must add the declaration of the 2 modules in the DLL.xml file, as is describe in the install manual.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Thanks. Everything is working fine now. :)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I have made an small error in the panel 0.62 update. If you delete a STAR with an approach loaded, when you reload a new Star, only the approaches of the old STAR appear.

There is just a xml file to replace.

Here is the new file to download : Hotfixfor the 0.62 panel: file "FMS_APPR_data.xml"

You must take this new file file to replace in each \Panel\A320_FMS\ the existing file. With this new version, the approaches are updated, when you delete and reload a new STAR.

Sorry for the convenience.

Francois

EDIT : I will post this evening or tomorrow, EDDS - Stuggart, with STAR and approaches.

Pe11e

Post by Pe11e »

Thanks fdd for your fantastic work! This is my fav plane for months.

Any idea when you will be able to implement those clicking sounds of buttons, levers and switches in VC? I sent you a good sample pack few months ago. :)

Thanks in advance!
Cheers

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I will do it ! I promise.

I must complete ECAMS before.

Fdd

Pe11e

Post by Pe11e »

You don't need to promise anything mate, you already did an amazing job!

Take care!

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Pe11e wrote:You don't need to promise anything mate, you already did an amazing job!

Take care!

True.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Hi, I have a problem.

When I'm trying to set thrust to FLX, it suddenly sets to idle..

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Maybe a problem with your joystick.

I have never had this problem.

In which phase of your flight ?

FLEX is only for take off, and you must set the FMS value between ambiant temperature (Maximum continuous thrust) and Ambiant temperature + 50°C (Minimu Flexible thrust for take off).

Give me more information

Fdd

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Yes, the problem is in take off. Flex tmp was +62. I put thrust to flx, and it suddenly sets to idle. I‘m using keyboard to set thrust. I did everything the same, but problem appeared for the first time. Maybe it‘s my fault, I don‘t know. I‘ll back to home in 2 days, then I‘ll try again.

Regards

*EDIT: It's weird. Now I don't have any problems...

giovannifaraway

Post by giovannifaraway »

hi francoise i have just 2 questions about a320.

first:
i saw that in the begin of august you made an upgrade of the panel with a new version.
What i have to do for make an upgrade of my panel?
just enter in the a320 airplane, delete the panel folder and put the new panel folder that you uploaded in the topic of the 2 august?
if not what i have to do?

second question:
in the night with the a320 airplane i cannot see the logo and the general light on the passengers windows.
i put an image so you can understand what i mean:
the strobo light works
the landing light works
the taxi light works
the nav light also
just the logo and the windows passengers light doesn't work but i don't know why... i just read your tutorial and follow every step.
thank you for everything

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

I can answer to your 1st question.

Just copy and replace that updated panel. You don't have to delete anything.
Last edited by Airbus Fan on 13 Aug 2013, 10:25, edited 1 time in total.

giovannifaraway

Post by giovannifaraway »

ok so i take the new panel folder that i have to replace with the old panel folder
thx

you hae my same problem with the a320 ?

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Yes. I have the same problem with passengers windows lights and logo light.