Brunchy

Re: Support Project Airbus A318/319/320/321 FD Special Versi

Post by Brunchy »

No problem :)

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

fdd_fr wrote:Yes I can.

So I have changed today the mouse control for the AP Knobs, because, the actual situation wasn't pleasant (area was too small between the setting +/- and the push-pull.

Now, there is the common total area of the button for all the functions. This is the click type that set the function :
- Wheel up to increase a value
- wheel down to decrease
- left clich to push
- right click to pull
It will be great! :)

caseyfallen

Post by caseyfallen »

Hello again. When I first got your airbus pack, like many, I had the stall at take-off. I followed your directions with the .cfg and it worked.... :/ for a little while. After about a month of saving other games...not even on this airbus... when I returned to fly it again, it began to stall again. So I tried to follow your directions again. But this time it does not work. The plane stalls over and over again. No matter how many times I set the default plane to all systems off and add the line to my fsx.cfg...it just will not stop staling. Any suggestions?

I am really bummed..I loved flying your planes. :(

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Caseyfallen,

Which aircraft (version) you use ?

When you say the aircraft stall, is it because engine shutdown or is it because you lost the control of the aircraft ?

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Hi,

When You complete inverted AP buttons, could You upload update with it? :D

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Update is for this weekend I hope.

Some bugs to correct before.

caseyfallen

Post by caseyfallen »

fdd_fr wrote:Hi Caseyfallen,

Which aircraft (version) you use ?

When you say the aircraft stall, is it because engine shutdown or is it because you lost the control of the aircraft ?

I am using the Airbus A321 - US Airways. It was the latest download October 2nd of this year.

The engines shut down just shortly after take off.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Ok thank you.

Check your default flight in fsx; It must be imperative a flight with an aircraft on ground, with engines stopped.

This problem occurs when the user default flight in FSX is with an aircraft airborne.

And check the panel version, in the panel folder of the aircrat, there is a txt file panel version.txt : It must be v3.05.

Obele92

Post by Obele92 »

Hi,

I just Downloaded your A320 and installed it like your instructions say...but i dont know why, i cant open the overhead panel :(

It's frustrating.

Please help me!

Thanks!

caseyfallen

Post by caseyfallen »

fdd_fr wrote:Ok thank you.

Check your default flight in fsx; It must be imperative a flight with an aircraft on ground, with engines stopped.

This problem occurs when the user default flight in FSX is with an aircraft airborne.

And check the panel version, in the panel folder of the aircraft, there is a txt file panel version.txt : It must be v3.05.
I have been setting the flight to ground. Like I mentioned. the first time I did and saved it. It worked. It just stopped working.

I found the panel .txt file I think? Is it in Simobjects-Airplanes-AirbusA321-Panel? If so, How would I know what version it is? <---correction..what I found was .CFG. Where do I find this Panel.TXT

Thanks for all this help. Means a lot. This is my Favorite Hobby...and being short on cash this year, your aircraft package has been such a gift. Thank you sincerely. Now if I can only get it to work again. : P If I was to replace the panel. How would I do this?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

caseyfallen wrote:
fdd_fr wrote:Ok thank you.

And check the panel version, in the panel folder of the aircraft, there is a txt file panel version.txt : It must be v3.05.
I have been setting the flight to ground. Like I mentioned. the first time I did and saved it. It worked. It just stopped working.

I found the panel .txt file I think? Is it in Simobjects-Airplanes-AirbusA321-Panel? If so, How would I know what version it is? <---correction..what I found was .CFG. Where do I find this Panel.TXT

Thanks for all this help. Means a lot. This is my Favorite Hobby...and being short on cash this year, your aircraft package has been such a gift. Thank you sincerely. Now if I can only get it to work again. : P If I was to replace the panel. How would I do this?
You must have in the \Simobjects\Airplanes\A321FD_CFM(or IAe)\Panel\ a file called "version panel.txt". in this file, you must found :

A321 FD Special version v3

Panel Version 3.05 - Copyright Francois Dore

16 juin 2012

Other solution, you can open the "panel.cfg" file and see the first line :

// version 3.05 - 17 juin 2012

[Window Titles]
Window00=MAIN PANEL
Window01=RADIO STACK
Window02=GPS
Window03=THROTTLE
Window04=OVERHEAD
Window05=GEAR
Window06=CLOCK
Window07=ECAMS 2
Window08=PFD FULL SIZE
Window09=MFD FULL SIZE
Window10=ECAMS FULL SIZE
Window11=ECAMS 2 FULL SIZE
Window12=MINI PANEL
If you havn't this, that's mean you have version 2.01 or 3.0 . You must update the panel by download with this link :
http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=169408

Tell me if it is ok when you will update

Obele92 wrote:Hi,

I just Downloaded your A320 and installed it like your instructions say...but i dont know why, i cant open the overhead panel :(

It's frustrating.

Please help me!

Thanks!
Same question : Which version of the aircraft ? Which version of FSX ?

When you have a problem, please, tell me the more information that you have.

Overhead must be open by "shift+5" keys.

caseyfallen

Post by caseyfallen »

Thanks so much. I was able to find the panel.txt Thanks. It is the latest. But I wanted to let you know I just solved the issue.
Here is what I did to fix the engine stall:

I started the default you had us make to fix the default flight.Then I changed the aircraft to your airbus. I then made sure to turn all systems on and then off again in the airbus. I then saved your airbus as default rather then the other plane I used the first time. I then shut down and restarted FSX. I loaded the default flight which was now the Airbus. Did start up procedures and flew away with out a stall. Last time I was seen, I was heading to France to thank you for all your help! :D

Thanks for such a awesome plane! 8-)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Good news ! good flight !

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Now, the panel update for the PA 320 FMS version; This is the beta 0.36 :

Panel beta 0.36 for A320 with FMS

- Fixed the bug of the shifting avtive waypoint during flight and you had entered the ID of a runway for takeoff ILS guidance (panel 0.35b already ok)
- Fixed climb bugs beyond the level at 20000ft (0.35b already ok)
- Changes QNH display on a single line in accordance with the reality invertio flashing by passing the transition altitude
- Display the altitude below the altimeter when selected altitude is lower than current altitude
- Changes the operation of the mouse on the FCU buttons : adjustment of the value - / + SPD, HDG, ALT, V / S with the mouse wheel over all the buttons area . Left click = push right click=pull. Mouse area is unique and covers the entire surface of each button.
- Fixed bug with display of airport runways arrival on the Takeoff page, if you display ARRIVAL page just before.
- The FMS name instrument now appears the name of "FMS" in the menu
- How mach real operational (by pressing the button MACH / IAS) with or without FMS. IAS value is continuously recalibrated it is to climb or descent. Mach value is calibrated in IAS mode, in climb or descent.
Be carefulr, in the past, push the IAS / MACH did that change the display of the window only and no the speed mode; Now when it switches to mach is a true fashion mach! I fixed all the bugs and the autopilot default FSX.
- In the editor flight plan, while selecting the # key to enter a waypoint, there is no need to press again this key to select the type of tag then that you want to enter. simply press a beacon type button disables the # key
- Information pages in airports, when the course of a track + the local magnetic variation had a total exceeds 360 °, the HDG displayed was not standardized (eg 366 °) the display is now standardized (it will show 006 °)
- Improved V/S mode under FMS. As we are in V/S mode, the speed/mach mode is engaged. We must learn the ALT button to switch back to CLB or OP CLB to cancel the V / S mode and thus make available THR CLB mode fot A/THR.
- I havee revised all the managed and selected modes, and the mix of 2 and I think it is reliable now.
- Be careful : Now , the LOC button does only ILS mode or VOR to track . To start LNAV, just switch the button NAV/GPS on GPS position. Thus, the LOC finds its true function.

I began writing a manual on these first features and a new zealand person has kindly offered to do the translation in English, so as soon as the translation of the first part is ready, I would put online.

Thank you for your feedback and play with the selected/managed mode.

Descent and approach ae not coded yet., so desactivate the FMS to descent and landing.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Thank You for this update. ;)

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Could You add this panel with fms to PA 319 etc.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello Airbus Fan,

this is provided. I write this FMS for all the Project Airbus aircrafts. But before do that, I have to finish the panel. Many works remaining.

right now, I am in the testing phase about the actual completed functions (FCU management takeoff and climb phase), but unfortunately I did not get much feedback here, so I do all the tests myself.
Some members of the fench forum "Pilote Virtuel" helps me, but I need more beta tester.

I would like the opinion of people here, whether they like it or not the principle of this FMS.

Do you like it Airbusfan ?

Sometimes, I want to stop all, because I feel that this few people interested.

My goal is especially that the Team like the panel, and they are willing to integrate the future A330.

But I have to do:
- The descent
- The approach
- modify the ND and Ecams screens in high resolution
- Finish all modes (THR DES, DES, APPROACH, LAND, FLARE, ROLL OUT, ​​GO AROUND)
- Finally change the PFD FMA posts

As the A330 VC is not ready, I work on the A320.

Once the A330 VC is ready, I could adjust the panel above and it will take some time, because I do not know how will present the VC.

And then, I would adapt the panel on the A318, A319 and A320 (this will be quick, because I just change .air file Values and my N1 curves.

But to go faster, I need help.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

I like Your FMS very much. I dont like real FMS/FMC, becouse it's so hard to use.. :D

You'll do the same work with PA330 VC?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

If all the members of the team agree, yes..... I hope.

Important : The gauge may not works properly if the framerate of the sim is below 15/18 FPS.
Sorry for this flaw.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Becouse of HQ ECAMS?

P.S. I hope You don't forget to make FD a big darker and a little thicker? :oops:

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

No;
This is because I use timers to control speed and pitch in the autopilot that I have wrote. And if the framerate is below 15/18 FPS, timers become asynchronous (because the update cycle of a gauge is 18 times per second) and the speed and pitch control will not work properly.

the framerate must be above 15 FPS !!

PS : I have modified the FD bars for the next update.

Brunchy

Post by Brunchy »

Hi Francois,
I love your panel and the FMC! I could be a beta-tester, but my english is bad and my french is useless :(

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

fdd_fr wrote:No;
This is because I use timers to control speed and pitch in the autopilot that I have wrote. And if the framerate is below 15/18 FPS, timers become asynchronous (because the update cycle of a gauge is 18 times per second) and the speed and pitch control will not work properly.

the framerate must be above 15 FPS !!

PS : I have modified the FD bars for the next update.

Now i have got 17-23 FPS. I will do a bit lower scenery, and a gauge will work good.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Hi,

When aircraft is at cruising altitude, aircraft is flying bumpy... Horizontal flight director is going to up and down(not very much), but it's very annoying.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi airbusfan,

There is a little bug in the panel 0.36 : Aicraft doesn't reach his final flight level (It stop climb 500ft below).

I have corrected the error, but I have not yet posted an update, because I add more features; I rewrite the ILS code to be like the real aircraft. In the next update, the LOC button will be only for track a VOR, or to do a Localizer approach. ILS landing will be operated only by the APPR button, like real airbuses. I write the code to capture the LOC and the GLIDE/Slope only with this button, even if the aircraft doesn't get yet the beacon signal (you will can arm the system in advance). I want taht all functions are like the real aircraft.
So, I add all missed FMA readings, for the climb phase.

I test my new code for the ILS and I will post an update.

Descent and approach phases are delayed by these work.

Francois

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Update will be in this weekend? :D

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I hope......

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

Here is the new ILS process according the real Airbus process.

now :

- LOC button has only 2 functions : Track a VOR or VOR runway guidance when the runway has no Glide/slope beacon.

To do a ILS landing, you have just to set the ILS frequency in the radio nav 1 (no change for this action), press the ILS button, and press the APPR button (order is important).

You can do that at anytime, even if the ILS signal is not yet heard by the avionics.

Now, you no need to toggle the GPS/Nav button. This is the FMS that will manage automtically this action, when the signal will be captured.

Here are some screenshots of the process (FMA readings are not completed and there is some things to change.

I arrived near my IAF waypoint to land at Toulouse LFBO, runway 14R; I press on ILS button then APPR button( order to respect). FMA display G/S and LOC in cyan color : Systems are armed but not actived because signal is not captured yet.

Localizer is captured. FMS toggle the GPS mode to Localizer aprroach mode. Readings on the FMA become LOC* in cyan color and the aircraft turn to align the runway.

Now, aircraft is in the axis of the runway. LOC is locked and the reading becomes green. Glide Slope is captured : G/S go to the first line and becomes G/S*.

Glide / Slope is locked, Aircraft begins to descent to the runway; G/S becomes green.

Entract..... :)

AWhen aircraft reach 400ft, FMA displays LAND message

at 65ft , Aircraft begin final round :FMA displays FLARE

At touchdown : FMA displays ROLL OUT , to tell you that the ILS guide the aircraft until decelerate below 20 knots.

Arrived.

I have some minor bugs to correct and the function will be OK, according the real aircraft.

I have some difficulties to find the right algorythm for the descent profil, but be patient, I 'll get there.

Francois

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Good work!

FD looking more realistic than before. :)

EDIT: where did You get these airport runways textures? It looks better than default textures.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

When I come back home tonight, I will tell you the name of this freeware grass texture. I think that I found it at AVSIM.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Ok. Thank You. :)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Airbus fan, this is a texture made by a member of REX team, but the texture is totally freeware;

only for FSX

You can download it here --> http://realenvironmentxtreme.com/REX_GRASSII.zip

If you want more informations or more free textures, go here --> http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?t=40556

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Thank You. It's much better than default grass texture. :)

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

FSX FTW wrote:Hi, when the update will come out?

Please be patient......

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

In few hours. I am testing the new features. I think that I will be ready in 4 of 5 hours.

This update will correct the bugs of the 0.36, and the readings of the FMA are completed for the takeoff/climb phase and also for the ILS landing. I have ehanced my autopilot for a best pitch control while climb in constant thrust. And I have completed all the reversion modes of the FCU.
New ILS process, totally realisitc with the real aircraft.

Descent and approach are not yet competed, but now, you can let the FMS activate for the descent (you must only toggle the V/S mode.

I have redraw all the bitmaps in High definition for the Navigation display but not yet implemented in this update. This will be for the next.

See you later.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Yay! good news. :D

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

FSX FTW wrote:You said 5 hours... but no update.....
Airbus Fan wrote:
FSX FTW wrote:Hi, when the update will come out?

Please be patient......

TheRedBaron

Post by TheRedBaron »

I agree with Airbus Fan...you need to be patient. All of us here at PA are devoting spare time to this.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Because I have a bug that I don't found the origin;

I search....

Sorry, the code becomes more complicated and therefore errors are harder to find.

I search ....

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

We can wait as long as necessary. :)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I think that I have found the bug.

Reversion modes are complicated (if you pull V/S, you engage SPEED and HDG ; If you push ALT, you disengage SPEED and ALT and V/S ....... many combinations .......

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

I think it's difficult to correct this bug, isn't it?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

yes, but I will find the solution :D

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Ok, good luck. ;)

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Hi, have You found a solution?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

I thoinhk that the bugs are corrected.

Here is the panel beta 0.37 : http://rapidshare.com/files/3711838808/Panel%200.37.zip

You must delete the panel old folder of the aircraft and replace it pat this new version

Only for tthe IAE engines.

What's new between 0.36 to 0.37 :
- Created the Heading bug on the PDF compass with numeric value if the heading is out the strip
- Yellow altitude frame flashes when aircraft reach his selected altitude (as the real PFD)
- New readings on the PFD FMA according all the climb phase and ILS landing as the real PFD (descent is not realized)
- NEW : The LOC button is now only to track a VOR or for an ILS guidance with runways which are only VOR for lateral guidance. The LOC button doesn't work now for traditional ILS landing and NAV(GPS) function as the real aircraft.
For an ILS landing, you must press the ILS button, and press the APPR button; this is the real process on Airbus aircraft. APPR button can be engaged even if you are not in the signal area of the ILS.
When the gauge capture the ILS signal, the FMS toggle automatically the GPS button to NAV mode.
Be careful, you must press the ILS Button before press APPR button
To engage the NAV mode to follow the GPS flight plan, you have just to press the GPS/NAV button
- New readings on the FMA whule autoland : LAND , FLARE and ROLL OUT , according the real aircraft.
- CLB in cyan color before takeoff, appears only if you select an altitude
- Best pitch control by the FMS while climb
- Soft transition between climb and levels
- New calculation for the N1 Climb thrust, because, with the panel 0.36, if the aircraft had a lighter weight, the thrust was to low : The new calculation must solve this problem
- All the reversion mode works now on the FCU; Be careful with this reversion mode.
- You can let the FMS activated to descent (managed descent is not realised at this time). For that, pull the V/S knob : You engage the reversion mode, by disengage the ALT managed mode and the SPEED managed mode. Think that you must re-engage the NAV mode if you want follow your FLP (reversion mode engage the HDG mode).

Corrected errors of the 0.36 version :
---------------------------------------------
- The aircraft stopped his climb 500ft before cruise altitude : bug corrected
-If FMS wasn't activate, you could not disengage the speed mode : bug is corrected
- If an altitude constraint was enterd in the FMS, SPEED mode was locked in case of level off
- You can now change the value of N1 in the gauge, when you flight: engines rotation dosn't shutdown until the new value is validate- Amélioration du control du pitch pendant la montée.
- Many other little bugs corrected.

Think about the 2 big changes of this version :

- LOC button is only to track VOR or lateral guidance for landing. To use the ILS, you must only press the ILS button, then the APPR button.
- The NAV mode to follow a GPS FLP is activated only by pressing the NAV/GPS button : Don't press the LOC button

Good flight !

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

It seems that I have posted to quickly this version; I havn't all the time to test all situation.

It seems that ILS works only if you flight under GPS mode with a flight plan (FMS activated). It seems that the ILS doesn't works with an approach in HDG mode.

I should resist demands and do more testing posting.

I'll fix this, but let me a little time, because there are many possible configuration to program and test and it takes time

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Yeah. I noticed bug too.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I confirm.

I have just made the test. ILS capture works only in NAV mode, not in HDG mode.

I have just wriute the code for the NAV mode. I have the head in the moon somtimes.

I correct this quickly and I will post a update.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I have a temporary solution.

The problem is with the HDG mode. I have forgotten to write the code to toggle from HDG to APPROACH mode. I have write only the code to toggle from NAV mode to Approach mode.

So, if you make an approach in HDG mode, Check that the GPS/NAV push button is on NAV position. Set your NAv1 radio frequency on ILS. Push the ILS button.

When you hear the bip-bip of the ILS beacon, push the HDG knob to toggle in Nav mode, and push the APPR button. The LOC will be captured and the glide slope also automatically.

That"s work : I have just try it.

If you make your approach with the GPS in NAV mode, you can press APPR button directly.

Excuse me for this mistake.

I will modify my code in following days and I will post a patch.