Support Project Airbus A318/319/320/321 FD Special Version

Brunchy

Re: Support Project Airbus A318/319/320/321 FD Special Versi

Post by Brunchy »

Where can i find the Stefan Liebe model? Can't find it with google

TheRedBaron

Post by TheRedBaron »

Brunchy wrote:Where can i find the Stefan Liebe model? Can't find it with google
Avsim--Search the avsim library, then order by author. That model should be there. It is in AF livery I think, and has CFM engines.

Brunchy

Post by Brunchy »

Hi Francois
I found an other problem: When I land with ILS the plane doesn't com straight to runway (But not on every Airport?). If I dont correct manually, the plane would miss the runway. The wind is completly turned off.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Brunchy,

All the ILS code is the code of the fsx airbus stock . I havn't change anything. You must forgot an action (toggle the button GPS/NAV to NAV, arm the LOC, set the ils Frequency in radio NAV1 and call NAV1, and when the localizer is captured (near 2700 feet AGL), press the Approach button).

Autoland can work only if the wind is very very close to the head axis of the aircraft.

Some airports have an ILS that is not in the axis of the Runway; For example, in France, "NIce cote d'azur, LFMN, has a shifted ILS of some degrees for the 4l and 4R runways (and this is the case in the real airport).

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I think that the complete function of the autopilot with the push/pull button to toggle between selected/managed/reversed mode will be ready for this weekend.

I have completed also the function that allow to save the edited flight plan.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

fdd_fr wrote:I think that the complete function of the autopilot with the push/pull button to toggle between selected/managed/reversed mode will be ready for this weekend.

I have completed also the function that allow to save the edited flight plan.
Good news. :D

Brunchy

Post by Brunchy »

Hi Francois,
At Frankfurt (EDDF), the ILS works perfect but for example at Hannover (EDDV) the plane doesn't come straight to the runway. I will post a picture later.

iFlysimX

Post by iFlysimX »

Hi Guys! I feel like the A320 family reaches V Speeds very quicly when taking off. In reall life they take a lot more runway....Please help.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Maybe your aircraft isnt fully loaded?

TheRedBaron

Post by TheRedBaron »

iFlysimX wrote:Hi Guys! I feel like the A320 family reaches V Speeds very quicly when taking off. In reall life they take a lot more runway....Please help.
I agree with AB Fan. Check the loads. I have not had any issues with that (with PA A320s) before.

iFlysimX

Post by iFlysimX »

I use FS Passengers....Here are my weights frm my Aircraft CFG.

[WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]
//A319-132 Version A319-100 WV002 config
max_number_of_stations = 8
//Pax Zonings - High density Single Class only - revision 3 - june 2012
// 156 passengers 21323 Lbs - 9672kg 62kg/pass
station_load.0= 7381, 17.24, 0.000, 0.000, Front seats(54)
station_load.1= 7381, -3.33, 0.000, 0.000, Center seats(54)
station_load.2= 6561, -20.34, 0.000, 0.000, Rear Seats(48)
station_load.3= 340, 44.55, 0.000, 0.000, Pilots(2)
station_load.4= 530, 0.00, 0.000, 0.000, Crew(4)

//Cargo & Baggage
// 10715 lbs - 4860kg -- 30 kg/passenger lugages 156 pax + 4 crew + 2 pilots & cargo
station_load.5= 4054, 19.17, 0.000, -3.000, Carg/Lugg Front //Compartment 1 (5000lbs) 16.13
station_load.6= 4310, -14.13, 0.000, -3.000, Carg/Lugg Center //Compartment 4 (6660lbs) -16.34
station_load.7= 2351, -24.85, 0.000, -2.000, Carg/Lugg Rear //Compartment 5 (3300lbs) -31.19

// Default Crew & Pax & cargo = 32037 lbs - 14532kg

empty_weight=87801 // with IAE v2524-A5 Engines
empty_weight_roll_MOI=931400.000000
empty_weight_pitch_MOI=1100000.000000
empty_weight_yaw_MOI=1000000.000000
empty_weight_coupled_MOI=0.000000
max_gross_weight=167331 //166756
reference_datum_position=0.0000,0.000000,0.000000
empty_weight_CG_position=0.69,0.000000,0.000000
CG_forward_limit=0.17
CG_aft_limit=0.37

//Weight & Balance prepared by PB. (Version 150 Y)
//Weight & Balance Revised by Fdd_fr with Airbus.com data - Version A319-100 WV002 - IAE

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

When the update will come out?

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

iFlysimX wrote:
Airbus Fan wrote:When the update will come out?
What?
fdd_fr wrote:I think that the complete function of the autopilot with the push/pull button to toggle between selected/managed/reversed mode will be ready for this weekend.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

So here is the update panel:Panel Beta 0.35 november 18

This panel includes the following changes:

- Creation of the F-PLN page with possibility of saving (New gauge "Save_FP.xml") flight plans changed in FSX format (requires the module LOGGER.dll, see below)
- Creation of a map on the F-PLN page, north view , with display of the wind, and adding buttons to change the active waypoint (WPT+ WPT-)
- Changing the operating of the AP knobs (SPD, HDG, ALT and V/S) . they are now three positions with neutral position return. Pushed = Managed Pulled = selected - no action = neutral (permanent position)
- Setting modes of reversion on the AP (eg, engagement of the V / S mode by pulling the button toggles the THR CLB mode to SPEED / MACH mode and NAV to HDG mode)
- LEVEL OFF function (push) button V / S for immediate leveling function and V/S basic mode (pull) in FMS
- No automatic engagment default autopilot (alt = 0 and LNAV=0 by default). If you leave the value to 0, you must engage by hand before THR RED altitude.
- Displays all the airport with a paved runway on the ND and maps FMS
- Display of airports on maps FMS and the ND in magenta color , like real aircraft
- Fixed BUG display on the PFD compass that was fluzzy sometimes.
- You must change the value "autothrottle_max_rpm =" to 96 value in the aircraft.cfg for proper operation of the A / THR in SPEED/MACH mode.
- Fixed some and adding in display messages from FMA
- Fixed a bug that appears sometines with the wind direction on the ND

Warning:
For use the backup function of the flight plan, you should download a DLL created by Robbie McElrath, I have his permission to use it , but I can not distribute it with plane; Robbie wants the file to be downloaded on his website and I respect his wish.
So you should download LOGGER at the following address: LOGGERx.dll copyright Robbie McElrath

Installation of Logger module:
If you already FSUIPC, copy LOGGERx.dll (the FSX version) in the "Modules" folder in your FSX (FSUIPC is in this folder).
If you do not have FSUIPC, create the folder "Modules" as FSX subfolder, and copy in LOGGERx.dll.

Then, just as tom Aguilo's XMLVARS.Dll module, you must edit the file dll.xml to declare Logger as new module.

I recall that this file is locate:
C: \ Users \ username \ AppData \ Roaming \ Microsoft \ FSX \ if you have Seven
or
C: \ Documents and Settings \ username \ Application Data \ Microsoft \ FSX \ if you're running Windows XP

Add the following section to Dll.xml file :

<Launch.Addon>
<name>Logger</ Name>
<Disabled>False</ Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ ManualLoad>
<path>Modules\LoggerX.dll</ Path>
<DllStartName>Module_init</ DllStartName>
<DllStopName>Module_deinit</ DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>
Be careful, Insert this code after a "</Launch.Addon>" tag. See the synthax of the file and you will understand how it work.

This DLL allows me to create and write files in text format that does not allow FSX xml instructions.

in final, Your flight plan will be recorded in a very specific folder that you will have to create, in your FSX main folder, create a folder "Project Airbus" in accordance with well-sensitive and space. It is here that will be saved flight plans changed and in the future SIDs and STARs.

Why save a flight plan ? well FSX has a fatal flaw; soon as you modify a flight plan created by him, if your flight Interrupt it, even saving the flight, when reloading it, the modified flight plan will be rejected ( as not corresponding to the original flight plan) and it will not load into the GPS.

So if you change a flight plan with the FMS, go to the F-PLN page of the gauge, and select the Save flight plan button; Here it will be essential to enter information which was the initial position of the plane as it is the only information that I can not extract the database FSX.
- Whether it is a gate, you indicate "GATE x" where x is the number of the gate: Example : "GATE 23" or "GATE B 12". Be careful to write the departure position when you create a flight plan in FSX, to write this position when you save the changed flight plan.
- If it is a parking area, you enter "PARKING x", for example: "PARKING 11"
-If this is a runway you specify the name of the runway: example: "4L" or "23".

Then, you enter a name for your backup file without extension and click on SAVE.

Once this is done, just reload this flight plan in FSX without quit your actual flight, via the "flight" menu => "flight planner" and import your flight plan file located in FSX\Project Airbus\ folder and load by answering "no" to the question "do you want FSX aircraft moves to the new position. well, only the flight plan is recharged instantly, without this reloading the whole flight.

Once this is done (and you can repeat as many times as you want, even flying, your edited flight plan became a valid flight plan for FSX and you can save your flight if you wish, since the flight plan will Reference will now be the one you have registered with the gauge.

I do not know if my explanations were clear, because my english is very poor, so do not hesitate to ask question.

Think that the proper baro setting before takeoff is essential under penalty of crash on takeoff and I hope that you will quickly get used to the new buttons work of AP.
Think that by activating FMS, now you must also "Push" buttons to activate the AP Managed modes.

On the map of the F-PLN page, there are 2 button at the top right that can change the current active waypoint (forward one notch or backwards), it can be useful in some cases, and sometimes it seems there was a bug when takeoof with a runwaytrack guidance by ILS frequency which occasionally causes a issue of the waypoint by turning the aircraft round (I will correct quickly this problem); with this button, you can shift the active waypoint to the next leg ou the previous leg, or skip a waypoint.
Be careful, the display does not refresh instantly (requires that the aircraft is in motion) so to be on the active branch after using the WPT+ or WPT- buttons, made a zoom-in or zoom-out of the the map to refresh the display and the active leg/waypoint .

Well, I hope there is not too much error, because I would now advanced on the managed cruise (step cruise level) and managed descent and approach.

Thank you for your feedback.

The work that remain me on the panel :
- Change the ND and ECAMS in high definition
- complete the cruise managed in the FMS
- create the Descent and approach managed in the FMS (and all the autopilot code for these parts)
- Create the functions to save and load SID and STAR on the hard disk
- Complete the FMA messages for the descent (DES, OP DES, APPROACH, FINAL, LAND, FLARE , ROLL OUT etc.....)
- complete the FCU board
- and many little things

so be patient

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I have found two problems :

When you chooze a ILS guidance for takeoff (runway ID and frequency entered in the takeoff page), it seems that when your are in flight, if you display the Takeoff page of the gauge, the waypoint active toggle to the first waypoint and the aircraft turn and comeback. In this case, display the F-PLN page, and wit the WPT+ button, increment the active waypoint to back on the track.
So at this time, don't display the takeoffpage of the gauge when your are airborne.

It seems that the selected altitude above conjunction altitude IAS/MACH doesn't work properly. So , at this time, above 28000 feet, keep the managed mode for Altitude.

I search the solutions for these 2 problems as quickly as I can.

Sorry.

Francois

Brunchy

Post by Brunchy »

Hi Francois
When I want to add a waypoint, I click on the #. Then i press the 1 but nothing happens.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi brunchy,

To add a waypoint, you must :

1 : Press "#" (become green)
2 : enter the number for the place to the new waypoint : example "2"
3 : press "#" to desactivate the key (the key must be not green)
4 : press the key accordind the type of waypoint that you want enter : VOR or NDB or OWR-FIX (owner fix, the red waypoints on the map) or RTE-FIX (EnRoute waypoint that are yellow on the map) ....the key must be green.
5 : enter the name of the Waypoint (3 to 5 characters)
6 : press "ADD" button

all the characters must be entered with the keyboard of the gauge, not the keyboard of your computer.

the waypoint is added to the flight plan and all the existing waypoints from this number shift of one position.

The 4 buttons on the right are to display the waypoints on the map. the 6 buttons on the lower of the gauge are to enter the name of a waypoint.

When you enter the name of a waypoint, you have just to enter the name that is on the map, not the ICAO complete code.
Last edited by fdd_fr on 18 Nov 2012, 20:01, edited 2 times in total.

Brunchy

Post by Brunchy »

Hi Francois,
I know, but after i press the #, I want to add a number with the keyboard of the gauge but nothing happens. But it works with the 0.35 panel.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

You must be on the Depart or arrival page to add a waypoint. I think that you try to add a waypoint in the F-PLN page. It is not possible in this page.

Brunchy

Post by Brunchy »

I think made a mistake with the Logger.xml maybe I added the lines wrong. Now it works excellent. And where can i load the saved flight plan? Can't find it at the default Flight plan creator.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I use LOGGERx.dll only for write the flight plan file. This is not the reason why you ccould not enter a waypoint.

To write a flight plan file, you must create in your Flight simulator X folder a subfolder called "Project Airbus". When you'll save a flight plan with the gauge, the file will be stored in this folder.

To load this flight plan with the flight plan creator of FSX, you must go in this folder.

In my case, FSX is installed on my D: drive :

Last edited by fdd_fr on 18 Nov 2012, 20:40, edited 1 time in total.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Here a screenshot in FSX :

Brunchy

Post by Brunchy »

Okay then I don't why it works now.

Brunchy

Post by Brunchy »

I created the Project Airbus Subfolder but when I save the Flight Plan, I can't find the file when I want to load it.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I think that LOGGERx.dll is not properly installed.

When you have Launch FSX, Did you have the FSX message box asking to accept Loggerx.dll as trusted software ? If not, this is loggerx is not properly installed.

Loggerx.dll must be placed in a subfolder of FSX, called "Modules". This folder exist if you have FSUIPC. If you don't have, you must create this folder.

And you must add the xml section in the dll.xml file.

can you post here the content of your dll.xml file ?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

I have solved the problem when you takeoff with an ILS Guidance (Runway ID and frequency entered in the FMS) and if you display the takeoff page of the FMS when you are airborne, the active waypoint come back to the first waypoint of the flight plan. Now, this problem is solved.

So , I think that I have found the second problem, with the step climb at high altitude that doesn't work at this time.

I will post tonight, the updated xml file to corect these 2 bugs.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Hi Francois,

I have got the same problem again.. In the gauge i can't enter values ( Altitude, Runway ID etc.)

I added This to dll.xml.
<Launch.Addon>
<name>Logger</ Name>
<Disabled>False</ Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ ManualLoad>
<path>Modules\LoggerX.dll</ Path>
<DllStartName>Module_init</ DllStartName>
<DllStopName>Module_deinit</ DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>

And i added LoggerX.dll to modules.

If You can, help me. :)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Logger module is used only for write your flight plan in a .PLN file on the hard disk.

To enter the value in the gauge, this is the XMLVars.dll module that is used.

If the gauge has worked before, there is no reason that it doesn't work today, because I havn't change this part of the code. Check if you havn't erase in the dll.xml file the section which declare the XMLVars.dll, and check that the XMLVARS.dll file is present in your FSX main folder.
Last edited by fdd_fr on 19 Nov 2012, 15:48, edited 1 time in total.

Brunchy

Post by Brunchy »

Hi Francois,
Yes i had the message. Here is my dll.xmlx

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
    <Disabled>True</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
    <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>
    <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
      <Name>XMLVars</Name>
      <Path>XMLVars.dll</Path>
      <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
      <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Logger</Name>
    <Path>Modules\LoggerX.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi brunchy,

Your dll.xml declaration is ok.

Have you really created the "Project Airbus" folder in the main FSX folder (the game folder, not the FSX folders placed in "my documents and setting\....") ?

Are you under Seven or XP ?

Brunchy

Post by Brunchy »

Hi Francois
I use Win seven and I have the folder Project Airbus in the main FSX folder and the modules folder with the LoggerX.dll in it.
I hope you can help me.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I don't know Seven (I am under XP). If FSX is installed in C:\Program Files\.... , maybe there is a protection to write files in this folder if your not in Administrator mode. Have you respect the Upper and lower case in the name of the folder ?

Project Airbus

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

As I was accidentally erased xmlvars.dll one line. Now gauge works perfectly.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Good news :)

Brunchy

Post by Brunchy »

I'm the Admistrator of this Computer. But you're right: Everytime I change something in the main folder, windows asks for administration rights and then i click on continue. How can deactivate that? Is there a way, that the flight plans are saved at a another location?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

As I have said, I do not know the use of Seven (and I don't want to know, because it is a mammuth ! :D ).
Unfortunately, I was forced to chooze an Universal folder to write files ; In xml language, I did not have the opportunity to know the hierarchy of a disk or whether there are several disk the user's machine, so I had no choice but to write to a file created in the folder of FSX.

I think there must be a way to unlock the protection of SEVEN. I hope that a specialist of Seven read this lines and help us.

If this is not possible, I will show you the xml file is part of the panel where the path to write file PLN and I'll tell you how to create your own path if you have other hard drives.

That is a new reason which tell me that I have made the good choice to keep XP :)

Brunchy

Post by Brunchy »

I used google but i can't find something that can help me. Maybe you can tell me where i can change the path or does this take too much time for you? :roll:

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

You can change the path.

Go to the \panel\A320_FMS\ folder of the aircraft and open the file named Save_FP.xml with a text editor (Notepad or better, Notepad ++).

Change the following path in the red rectangle by the path of your choice.

Be careful, here, the defaut path is the flight simulator folder, so this is the reason why the path indicated in the file is only 'Project Airbus' that is interpretated by the gauge as a subfolder of FSX. Don't change anything else, don't add spaces or move word code, otherwise the gauge will not work properly. Change only the path between the ' ' symbols !

In your case, you must write your full path, with the drive letter; For example, you can write :

'D:\My Folder\'

Don't forget the ' symbol and the \ at the end of your path. The folder must exist, (you must create it manually, because the gauge cannot create folder.

So, this problem is a big problem, because that 's means that my gauge cannot work with Seven. I am sure that there is a solution to unlocked the write file capacity in the FSX folder. Please, if you are a specialist of Seven, help me to find a solution for that.

Brunchy

Post by Brunchy »

Wohoo now it works :D
Amazing Gauge!

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

You have changed the path ?

I must found a solution to write in the FSX folder under Windows 7 because I cannot imagine that all people modify the xml file !

The other solution is that the user enter the full path in the gauge, but it is not a good solution for me.

I will look for solution with this painful windows 7 :/

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Here is the link to download the patch to solve the 2 problems that I discover yesterday (Shifted waypoints when display takeoff page while airborne, and when takeoff was in ILS guidance mode, and the climb by step above 20000 ft)

Patch for panel 0.35

There is 4 xml files in this patch, to replace the old version :

- A32x_Autopilot.xml
- A320_PFD.xml
must be copied in the \Panel\A320_IAE folder

- A320_FMS.xml
- A320_FMS_Main.xml
must be copied in the \Panel\A320_FMS folder.

Feedback are welcome.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Brunchy,

I have got some informations. It seems that you can disable the write file control of Seven in the "User Account Control" in the control panel of windows.

Please, can you test this feature with the original path in my xml file ('Project Airbus') ?

It is very important for me to know if there is a solution to write files in the FSX folder under Seven.

Thank you.

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I am sorry, but one file (A320_FMS.xml) include in the patch that I have posted yesterday has a little bug; the Cruise alt doen't work properly. Just a space character not at the right place ! :o

So you can download the new file here : A320_FMS.xml file corrected 0.35b

You must copy this file in the \Panel\A320_FMS\ folder.

The 3 other files of the patch are ok.

Excuse me for this mistake !!

Francois

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Could You make the FD lines a little thicker and a bit darker?
Last edited by Airbus Fan on 20 Nov 2012, 18:32, edited 1 time in total.

Brunchy

Post by Brunchy »

Okay i will test it later

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Airbus Fan wrote:Could You make the FD lines a little thicker and a bit darker?
FD is Flight Director , ok ?
Brunchy wrote:Okay i will test it later
Thank you

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

fdd_fr wrote:
Airbus Fan wrote:Could You make the FD lines a little thicker and a bit darker?
FD is Flight Director , ok ?

Yes.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Yes I can.

So I have changed today the mouse control for the AP Knobs, because, the actual situation wasn't pleasant (area was too small between the setting +/- and the push-pull.

Now, there is the common total area of the button for all the functions. This is the click type that set the function :
- Wheel up to increase a value
- wheel down to decrease
- left clich to push
- right click to pull

So, I have added the Altitude information below the altitutude tape of the PFD, when the selected/managed altitude is under the actual aircraft altitude (before, this was always displayed above) like real aircraft.

I begin the cruise perf page with the step managed climb and the descent perf page.

Brunchy

Post by Brunchy »

Hi Francois,
I found an easily solution for the problem. You just have to run the Fsx as an Administrator on Windows 7

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Thank you for the information brunchie ;)