Community A380 PANEL CREATION

777beats340

Community A380 PANEL CREATION

Post by 777beats340 »

Hey Everyone,

I want to introduce myself as an avid Flightsim enthusiast. I have been using FS9 for about 6 years, and in the time I have really explored FS9 to the fullest. Now the purpose of my post is gonna be MANY FOLD, but I promise I`ll try to keep as concise and clear as possible. ;)

"Freeware should never be a compromise, but a product of countless hours of effort and passion, that brings together a community to enjoy something that's free and exemplary for zero pretty pennies."
-777beats340

Last year I undertook a project to create a 2d panel from existing Airbus gauges (with all authors permissions). The panel v1 was posted on the forum (link viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1228). The panel that i use currently is V5 with approximately 22-25 panel windows in 2d, and of course the PAIRBUS VC w/ vasFMC. Now the panel is good for useability, however its not refined as you would expect to match a PA380 VC w/ vasFMC, and thus never released. As i was thinking of refining the panel, I also stumbled upon many of us from the community and also other various forums who really want a 2D panel to match the quality of the A380 VC.
Now after creating the V5 panel I understand that Panel creation is no easy business. It requires countless hours of cursing, head to table contact, frustration, tears, and then pride after it works. But most importantly hours and months for one person to come up with a finished product. However, if we as a community both developers and flightsimmers come together the amount of time and the quality of the product would be much improved. This is why i am posting here today.

I want to invite anyone and everyone to please consider this project for personal benefit of having a top notch Panel to match an equally top notch A380 from Pairbus, and on top of that, its ALL FREEWARE.

I understand that everyone is not going to be a EXPERT CODER, but you can offer skills such as Bitmap creation and simply compilation of gauges, and a ton more stuff. So dont sell your self short, YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE!

In addition to those who maybe amateur C++ or XML coders, here is an oppurtunity to stretch those finger (maybe legs) and try your hand at something that can showcase your skills to the community.

Also, PAIRBUS has some awesome gauge coders like GARY, who have put up a XML tutorial for learning. This project allows you to apply some of that into this, and learn thru experience.

I will post a new thread in the Gauge Panel Section to start off the project. So You can see where it stands at this present moment.

Again, I present this as an oppurtunity for all. Please consider the chance to learn and experience a panel for an amazing Aircraft in Flightsim today (which is freeware) the Project Airbus A380-800. Finally as Gersham Bulkeley wrote in Will and Doom "Actions are more significant than words"

Thank You for your time and eyes,

777beats340

777beats340

Possible Volunteers for Alpha Release

Post by 777beats340 »

Hey All,

As you see, progress is SUPER SLOW, but is occurring. I am currently in a process of understanding how FPS would be affected with the current setup I have. This setup includes use of vasFMC for both 2d and VC, and certain other functions. The installation obviously is a hassle to some, but I'm most likely gonna setup up the file to be as minimally challenging as possible to install. I will not distribute the vasFMC gauge as it takes up a whole of space, so simply the panel folder (for the aircraft) and associated gauges and sounds. if your interested in participating drop me a pm.

You can see further details in the Gauge and panel section!