PA A380 VC for FSX

facked

PA A380 VC for FSX

Post by facked »

With the permission of the PA team, I'm going to start a new project. Make the amazing PA A380 with VC for FS9 compatible with FSX.
I'm not a modeler or a developer, but I will try it.

After make the changes to port a FS9 aircraft to FSX, I realize that are many bugs in the cockpit. There are a lots of black textures, a lots of black buttons and weird AP buttons.

This is a FS9 model, so there is a lot of thinks to change.

Now the question is: Who wants to fly this PA A380 VC in FSX? It's a good project?

fsxfan

Re: PA A380 VC for FSX

Post by fsxfan »

I'm still waiting for this beauty! The best solution is a FSX native VC mdl. You say you're not a developer, so what are your skills? Maybe T.Ruth could make a mdl and you the gauges? Has anybody contacted Tom, maybe there's chance. Keep it alive! :D

facked

Post by facked »

Hello fsxfan.

I saw very good aircraft that is FS9 native with VC mdl and that work in FSX without problems. My skills? I had made a few gauges and changes a few textures in the pass.
I really want to fly this beaty in FSX without the bugs, so I will try use my knowledge to make it happen.

I will post every progress of this project.

facked

Post by facked »

Today I realized what's wrong with the black textures.
This is what it looks like:

Also discover the pedestal buttons and FMC display problem.
Now the FMC display shows all the information and the FMC buttons has number and letters. After align some radio buttons, get bright in some of them and a few changes, the radio looks nice:

Well, it's something.

Next step, the displays reflections.

lingyuan.he

Post by lingyuan.he »

Please go ahead with this project, really looking forward to it!
BTW, do you know how to create 2d panel based on gauges in VC? Lack of good FSX 2d panel is another issue.

facked

Post by facked »

Hi lingyuan.he

Yes, I know how to create 2dpanels based on gauges in VC. It's something that I want to do for this aircraft.
Last edited by facked on 30 Nov 2012, 12:09, edited 1 time in total.

facked

Post by facked »

One of my biggest fears was realized. The reflective textures.
This problem is introduced by the FSX SP2/Accel, which a junction between the model and texture. When any light in the plane is on, the textures become reflective, like a glass of a building.

It is not possible to solve this, but I think there is a workaround for this.

Bombardier Q400

Post by Bombardier Q400 »

Reading about this project is really great - finally someone works on making the great VC working in FSX.

Do you als try to make it working with the vasFMC Gauges? - Because if you choose the vasFMC gauges, the AP looks different then shown. (But also with problems)
That you got the radios right is a big first step. I think on another board here I read that the reflection problems could be solved with converting the graphics. I would be really great if we finally get an A380 with VC for FSX - thank you so much!

facked

Post by facked »

Hi Bombardier Q400.

My goal now is get this plane flying in FSX. The first attempt will be with the PA gauges, then maybe I'll try with the vasFMC gauges.

facked

Post by facked »

After spending the week-end trying to figure out what was causing the reflection, I managed to discover. I had to remove the effect of reflection of the cockpit gauges to solve and change a few more textures. I also had to ajust the cold and dark situation of the gauges (FSX compatibility) and the result is this:
Cold and dark situation:

With the power turned on and any light on.

The only thing that is missing are the buttons on the AP and for the ND display.

fsxfan

Post by fsxfan »

Looks nice so far! :D

Bombardier Q400

Just great! Thanks for doing this - looks really great.

A suggestion: At the moment we have to use the complete FS9 model with VC in the FSX which causes a loss of framerate. Would it bring a better performance if you could exclude the VC from the FS9 aircraft-model, and insert the vc as an "interior-model" into the FSX-native exterior modell?

Flightsimmer

Post by Flightsimmer »

Bombardier Q400 wrote:Just great! Thanks for doing this - looks really great.

A suggestion: At the moment we have to use the complete FS9 model with VC in the FSX which causes a loss of framerate. Would it bring a better performance if you could exclude the VC from the FS9 aircraft-model, and insert the vc as an "interior-model" into the FSX-native exterior modell?
Having two fsx naive models would indeed bring better performance. But the as the fs9 model has the interior and exterior togther, the file is a bit 'messy' and very difficult for 3rd party to separate.

facked

Post by facked »

Bombardier Q400 wrote:Just great! Thanks for doing this - looks really great.

I haven't the opportunity to test the performance. But the performance issue it is not only by the fact that the native models in FSX have separated VC from the external model. The number of details, textures quality and the format of the textures influences a lot the performance.
I'm testing the changes at an airport with little movement so that the loading time is faster. In this airport with this aircraft, I don't have any loss of fps.

facked

Post by facked »

Hello all.

When I started this project, I never thought to get to this point. I managed to solve the problem of the buttons AP.
After much alignment and correction of the buttons textures, this is without doubt the best I could do and for me, it looks very very very good.

With all buttons off:

And buttons on:

I don't know if you noticed, but when the ALT, HDG and SPD are ON, the top of the knob becamens a bit darker, like the default Airbus.

Well, one last think to change in day time, the ND buttons. I'm just waiting for a permission to do it and complete this phase of the project.

Bombardier Q400

It's unbelievable what you got done in this short time! - It looks really great - I hope you'll get the permission to do all the things you're planning to do. These adjustments make this great PA Aircraft even better. Thanks, it's really great. - Now the FSX Pilots can expect to fly this fascinating aircraft, too ;)

facked

Post by facked »

Today I managed to complete the first phase of the project. Fix the bugs in the day time. These are the final buttons. The rotate kbnos have a green light according to the option chosen.
LS with a distance of 10:

ARC with a distance of 80:

When I started the project, had not the slightest idea if would be able to fix the bugs. Right now, this is the A380VC for FSX for day time.

Now phase two. VC at night time.

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

Oh the time I spent on that arc...good job btw

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Hi,

I cant beleave, A380 vc will be for FSX!!!! GOOD WORK MAN!!! Don't stop making this.

It will be compatible with vasFMC (with no bugs too)?? :o

facked

Post by facked »

The first attempt will be with the PA gauges, then maybe I'll try with the vasFMC gauges.

Don't worry. I'll just stop this project when fully completed.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Sorry for this question...

When You will upload download link for this VC? :D

facked

Post by facked »

Hi Airbus Fan,

You do not have to apologize.
I hope to finish the project this year. Three more weeks and must be completed.

fsxfan

Post by fsxfan »

Thank you for your work! Your progress is really fast. :D
Are the AP buttons still working?

Bombardier Q400

Wow it's really looking good! - What are the next items you're planning to do?

facked

Post by facked »

fsxfan wrote:Thank you for your work! Your progress is really fast. :D
Are the AP buttons still working?
All the buttons are working, including the auto landing. I had to make a few changes to make it work with FSX.

Everything seems to be working fine.

Bombardier Q400 wrote:Wow it's really looking good! - What are the next items you're planning to do?
I already have some ideas. But now I want to see how the plane behaves at night.

Bombardier Q400

Would be very nice if you could continue with vasFMC Gauges integration when you're finished with the Night VC.
I assume most people will use the vasFMC Version because that offers more realism and the possibility of online flying ;)

But anyway - great work!

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Bombardier Q400 wrote:Would be very nice if you could continue with vasFMC Gauges integration when you're finished with the Night VC.
I assume most people will use the vasFMC Version because that offers more realism and the possibility of online flying ;)

But anyway - great work!
Yeah. vasFMC will be great! :)

facked

Post by facked »

Ok,

I'll also try to post the version with VASFMC. Already installed it, but when I start a flight doesn' t appear any gauge.
Can anyone PM and explain how to properly install the VASFMC?

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

I remember I was downloaded vasFMC, and it was working... But now I don't remember how to install it... I will try to do it again.

EDIT: Sorry I don't know how to install it... :| You should ask PA team members, I think they know it.

fsxfan

Post by fsxfan »

How will the update look like? Do we have to replace the mdl File and/or textures? :evil:

facked

Post by facked »

I've managed to install and configure VASFMC.

For much will that I have to fix the bugs for version VASFMC, there's nothing I can do.
These gauges are compiled and there is no way to change them, so there's really nothing that can be done.

Anyway, I will continue the project with the gauges of PA Team (which to me are very very good).

facked

Post by facked »

fsxfan wrote:How will the update look like? Do we have to replace the mdl File and/or textures? :evil:
Still not sure how I'll do, but must be a complete package with mdl file and at least one livery.

Bombardier Q400

Ok, then you can't change it. Thanks that you at least tried it. I thought that the vasFMC FSX gauges should work in FSX, but I don't have enough knowledge about that... Thanks that you invested your time for trying to get it working.

Yes, the PA gauges are really looking good, but they offer only a very low level in system simulation. There are no Airbus-type autopilot modes and so on available.

But for fun flying and some screenshots, it is of course a very good model. Keep working on it ;)

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

I like PA gauges too. But there aren't overspeed in PFD,no VREF speed in PFD..

Btw good work! :)

fsxfan

Post by fsxfan »

Not good to hear that with the VAS Gauge. :(
Who was the creator of them? Was it VAS itself :o or a PA member? :roll:
How does your VC look like in the night? :evil:

facked

Post by facked »

fsxfan wrote:Not good to hear that with the VAS Gauge. :(
Who was the creator of them? Was it VAS itself :o or a PA member? :roll:
How does your VC look like in the night? :evil:
Do not know who created the VASFMC. Neither knew of its existence.

Today I finished the A380 VC night time. I found two major problems.
When turn on any light, the glass becames opaque. The other problem was that the cockpit was only illuminated when the landing light was on.

With the fix, this is the aspect of the VC at night:

With the cockpit light on:

Landing light on:

I also had to make some changes to the buttons that wouldn't be so bright.

But the project is not finished yet, so I will not publish yet. Only when fully finished.
During this week I will do a few more things...

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

For me EICAS is black... So, when You change VC for FSX it will be visible? :D

esg

Post by esg »

No, the EICAS is black 'cos you're an idiot and you've not used the installer.

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

esg wrote:No, the EICAS is black 'cos you're an idiot and you've not used the installer.
haha

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

-_-

esg

Post by esg »

You need to add 'VASFMCgauges' to the title string in the Aircraft.cfg (without the inverted commas).

facked

Post by facked »

Here is my first improvment to this aircraft.
Anyone know what this is?

fsxfan

Post by fsxfan »

I think it's this psi gauge for the brakes?

facked

Post by facked »

fsxfan wrote:I think it's this psi gauge for the brakes?
YEP.

Dylematic

Post by Dylematic »

hi facked, i actualy doing the same thing as you, maybe we should do it together? if u want i offer u my help :)

facked

Post by facked »

Hi Dylematic,

Thanks for the help offer.
What have you done so far?

Dylematic

Post by Dylematic »

well merged with wilco but thats not important, removed the black stuff but.. cant get off that nasty reflect textures when turned on lights..

how do you solved it? im playing with alpha mask and textures and nothing

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

But if You want to use Wilco gauges You don't need to have Wilco A380,or need?

Sorry for my stupid questions...

Dylematic

Post by Dylematic »

its a340 gauges, its briliant, already used for ivao routes, works perfectly autoland very soft (-80 to -150)

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Wilco a380 gauges isn't better, is it?