F-4B/C FSX

Alexis

Re: F-4B/C FSX

Post by Alexis »

I've taken Jamal's latest exterior model and smoothed out the canopy so that it looks better from up close. That's what I've been up to the past couple of weeks, at least.
Additionally, the new P3D plugins released make exporting into FSX a breeze, so that means that both the F-4 and the A330 VC will be exporting properly, at last.
Regarding the A330, I have nothing more to say, other than I'm still working on it, albeit at a slower pace.
On topic, now; an external model preview will be made soon for the F-4B. For now, some in-sim shots with DX10 testing.
Front cockpit, new canopy.
I'll start fleshing things out next week. Once the new cockpit walls are done, I'll move back to the instrumentation.
Rear cockpit was made more cramped -it still feels roomy enough-, right side has been blocked by the separator plate (the RIO is sitting next to the refuelling probe on all but D and E models).
Some holes need to be covered yet, but you get the point.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

VC is amazing! :)

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Detailed the forward canopy, readded screws and plates. Still a couple more plates needed:

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

-Corrected canopy side to be straight
-Added checklist slots
-Added and twisted wiring for extra instruments
-Added AoA lights to the left. If anyone knows how they're screwed on the canopy, please PM me.
-Remodeled glareshield
-Rescaled and positioned main panel more appropriately
Tomorrow I'll get to the left side instrumentation

And a cool effect I discovered in 3ds max:

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Nice, I thought that's Your paint by pencil.. :D

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Getting the rest of the forward cockpit sorted out. I also got rid of most of the bugs from the 330VC due to stuff I learned with this cockpit, so it should be presentable in a short amount of time.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

This will be the best free f-4B/C in FSX. Good work Alexis! :)

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

F-4 Phantom progress update on my blog:
http://mysphericalview.blogspot.com/201 ... om-ii.html

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

You will never post updates in this topic?

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Not that often.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Ok.

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Exterior model is almost complete as far as the aircraft goes.
VC modeling is progressing slowly as I'm integrating the avionics. I am currently working on an almost fully featured INS, which will be ready to show soon.
More here: http://mysphericalview.blogspot.gr/?view=magazine

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Good news. ;) Thanks.

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Nice. ;)

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Wow, nice! :D Will this aircraft and weapons work in FSX SP2 ( non Acceleration ) ?

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

I don't know if CS Weapon support for FSX will be in the F-4, it all depends on CaptainSim's reply. I will also ask for VRS' permission to implement TacPack weapons once the SDK is public.
Apart from that, the F-4 is being built with FSX: Acceleration SDK so I cannot say if it will work with SP2. They're supposed to be compatible. I don't know about the weapons packs, though. I think FSXA is required.

TheRedBaron

Post by TheRedBaron »

Bloody hell...that's pretty cool!

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

A short update on the project:
-Exterior is being UV Mapped and prepared for texturing
-VC is getting the final detail touches, got some new reference pictures of stuff I hadn't seen before. UV Mapping and texturing will follow soon.

Below is the canopy locking mechanism, of which I found some great photos. Its operation is my best guess though, as no actual details were found of its operation. It looks reasonable, though.

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Since I barely didn't make it to update the other topic, I guess I'll make a new one.

The exterior model is touching the finish line and ready to receive its first coat of paint. Here are some screenies of the aircraft, wearing the well known and cool wireframe multicolour scheme:

The VC has been stripped of most placeholder textures, leaving only the ones needed for FDE testing (FD guys should always get only the absolutely necessary stuff :P ). It is being UV mapped and some finishing touches are needed to be considered complete.
For more information and updates, check the developement blog here:http://mysphericalview.blogspot.gr/?view=magazine

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

The F-4 has gone payware. Not out yet, but you can check for updates here if you're interested! https://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Looks nice! It's a bit sad it's going to be payware, but anyways I think it's worth money.