A320 CFM Soundset

TheRedBaron

A320 CFM Soundset

Post by TheRedBaron »

Hello everyone! I have created a CFM soundset for the PA A320, and I was wondering if some of you guys could check it out and give me any feedback. I am probably going to be working on the A330/A340 sounds, so I would like to know what you thought was good and bad about my soundset so that I can deliver something more realistic in the future. I am also planning to do an update, but since I had no feedback on the Avsim thread I created, I had little to go off--so any reactions, good, bad, and the ugly, are welcome.

Soundset can be found at: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Sea ... &Go=Search

Thanks! -TRB

Airbus Fan

Re: A320 CFM Soundset

Post by Airbus Fan »

Hello, i have tryied this sound set. I think that it's not very realistic. Sound is more realistic in PA320 FD version. This is my opinion. :D

esg

Post by esg »

I think he was looking for more substantial feedback than "it is not very realistic". In what way(s) is it unrealistic?

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Sorry, but my english is poor, so I can‘t explain.

TheRedBaron

Post by TheRedBaron »

Airbus Fan wrote:Hello, i have tryied this sound set. I think that it's not very realistic. Sound is more realistic in PA320 FD version. This is my opinion. :D
Brilliant! Feedback is good! I don't care if it's negative!! Just let me have it!
esg wrote:I think he was looking for more substantial feedback than "it is not very realistic". In what way(s) is it unrealistic?
What he said-- you don't need to explain much, just simple stuff...
For example: I know the buzzsaw is unrealistic. I did this because FSX's sound system would have the buzz sound on the inside as well, causing an unrealistically loud noise in the cockpit. Since this is FS, I decided that the tradeoff was worth it. I am
sure there is a way to get around this; I just don't know how to do it yet.

There is something wrong with the shutdown noise-there is a weird screaming noise that appears for a while after shutdown. No clue why. I am working on it.

Even one-word descriptions would work! Just say: "touchdown" or "startup" or "spoolup" or "[insert some sound here]".

TheRedBaron

Post by TheRedBaron »

I am working on a complete overhaul of the soundset, as I realized what I had done wrong-all the development done earlier was based on sounds that had been recorded through an equalized sound system. So, the sounds were all messed up outside the system. I have fixed AP disengage, overspeed, glideslope, stall, and gear warnings. For other sounds, the flaps have been updated from the FSX default with actual A320 flap sounds, and the door sounds have been updated as well. Unfortunately, FSX's sound system won't allow me to have different sounds for the inside and outside of the aircraft for flaps and gear. I'm trying to find a way around that, but if anyone knows how to do this, it would be a great help!

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Any news? :D

TheRedBaron

Post by TheRedBaron »

Airbus Fan wrote:Any news? :D
Hi! I am still in the midst of the overhaul. It really hasn't moved much lately because I've been tied up with a lot of work. Do you have any suggestions for stuff that was wrong/ could be improved? That would really help me target my work (amd probably produce a better overall sound).
Thanks!

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Hmm... There is a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz-V1TezZZ0 skip to 0.32 or at 1:27. That specific sound when engines are running in full power. I don't know how to explain. :D

TheRedBaron

Post by TheRedBaron »

I see! Thanks for that video. The sound is certainly quite different from what I have.

The buzzsaw is my main concern in all of this. Due to air pressure changes as the aircraft climbs, that sound typically gets muffled...unfortunately, I am not sure how to do that within FSX :/ . That was part of my rationale for how it worked out in reality--I found it quite ridiculous to have a buzzsaw at 36,000 feet, in cruise. I have a couple of ideas up my sleeve--I'll try and incorporate the buzzsaw directly into the engine spool sound and try and somehow tie that to altitude.

For the actual engine sound, I am working on better implementation. Like I said earlier, I completely forgot that I use an equalizer with my audio, leading to a rather odd final sound.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Any news? :)

TheRedBaron

Post by TheRedBaron »

Not really, sorry :/

I'm super tied up with schoolwork, exams, and college stuff...I've even put my A330 work on hold, and that supersedes this in importance.
But I will release something hopefully by the end of May.