Post by fdd_fr »

thanks !

I will test your link about sounds...

Francois

fdd_fr

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

About the last version of the panel (0.70) a user report to me that the QNH value on the PFD blinks, same he pushes on the barometric button to set the altimeter to the atmospheric pressure.

If someone has the same problem, can you confirm to me ?

Normally, the value blinks only when the barometric pressure is not set at the right value, and by push the barometric button or press the "B" key of your keyboard, the barometric pressure must be set and the value on the PFD must be stop to blink.

Thanks for your feedback.

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I have found the bug.

It occurs only if you use the FSX stock weather in real mode ( updated each 15mn). The bug is not present if you use Active Sky or FSX Static real weather.

I am writing new code, to fix the bug, and according the Airbus FCOM. I will post a patch (xml files only) tomorrow.

Sorry for the convenience.

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

I am so sorry for the barometric error code in the previous version of the panel (0.70). I had written new code :

Here is the version 0.71 :

Panel 0.71 CFm & IAE

Important : Please note :
========================
Mouse functions has changed for the barometric button :
- Left click = PUSH = Set the Kohlsman to the sea level ambiant pressure (only if the aircraft is below the transition altitude or 18000 feet max)
- Right Click = PULL = Set the Kohlsman to the "STANDARD pressure" (1013 Hpa or 29.92 inches of mercure )
- Mouse wheel = Manual adjustement of the QNH setting
- Left Click above the button = Toggle from HPA to InHg and vice et versa

What chage between version 0.70 and version 0.71
==============================================
- Change the function of the barometric button (Kohlsman) function ; Now :
- "Push" action (Left click ) = Set the barometric pressure to ambiant sea level pressure (only if the aircraft is below the transition altitude or 18000 feet max) : QNH readings in the downside right of the PFD and the barometric window .
- "Pull" Function : Set to the STANDARD pressure(1013 Hpa or 29.92 inches of mercure ). If the aircraft is above the transition altitude , readings are "STD" .
- Wheel mouse : set manually the QNH value
- QNH Value blinks, while climb, when the aircraft reaches the transition altitude :By pull the button (right click), you toggle in STD mode
- STD reading blinks , while descent,when the aircraft is below the transition altitude : (By push the buttonleft click ) you toggle in QNH mode . Think to push frequently the button to update the value if the pressure change with the weather
- To toggle from Hpa scale to Inches of mercure scale, left click above the button
- I have change the xml code to read the SID, STAR data files : With the previous version of the panel, if you choose the 37th SID, FMC read all the data of the file until the 37th SID (sequential read). When the airport had many SID or STAR, this code caused FPS lost , because thousand of data were read at each cycle of the gauge.
Now, I wrote a code that jump to the selected SID or STAR directly like "indexed sequential reading", allowing to read only the data of the selected SID or STAR in the file (But the FMC continue to read the number of each SID or Previous STAR, because this is a "tool" to debug the files for the creators (FreeNav DB Group) of the airport data files
This new code allows to win some FPS during the reading of the SID or STAR on big airports.
- Now, Spoilers are automatically disarmed, immediatly after take off
- In the previous version, there was a bug : Spoilers where armed if you used the spoilers manually, during the descent : bug fixed : Spoilers are armed during the approach, only when you select the Flaps 3 position.

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello,

I have a very strange bug, only with IAE version.

When I launch a flight, after engine start, if I toggle in outside view, it crashes my computer. (the bug doesnt appear when the engine are stopped).

But , if I ride a little on the runway , or if I take off, then I can go outside view without problem.

Does anyone has the same phenomenon?

Again, this only happens with the IAE release.

Thank you for your feedback.

Francois

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Yes, I had that problem, but I thought that's just my pc or FSX itself crashing.

Zamir

Post by Zamir »

Hello,I am using Project Airbus A320 v2.1 and using Francois panel V0.69.I am flying to Makassar from Kuala Lumpur and when I was climbing at around 2000ft to 10000ft,my V/S was 1500fpm and speed is maintaining in 250 knots.All is controlled by the FMC.After FL100 the speed change from 250 to 300 knots for climbing and my speed keep at 240 knots and the V/S is around 1000fpm.As I climb higher my V/S speed keep going lower and I control the thrust manually to full thrust but still the speed doesn't rise and its hard to climb to my cruising altitude.Around FL250 my V/S is 200fpm because if I go higher my speed will drop and that time my speed was around 200-230 knots.I force my plane to FL310 my cruising altitude and full thrust and the speed now is quite low 160 knots even with full thurst.I am using REX Weather and also used FSX real world weather to see if there is any different but sadly both are the same.Its there any solution ?I not sure if I am posting at the correct thread.I never had this problem before except if using Vatsim weather FSINN.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Maybe your gross weight is above maximum allowed?

*EDIT Just mow I can see your screenshot.

Why landing gear is down? Maybe it causes your problem?

Zamir

Post by Zamir »

Airbus Fan wrote:Maybe your gross weight is above maximum allowed?

*EDIT Just mow I can see your screenshot.

Why landing gear is down? Maybe it causes your problem?
Wow,how can I miss it,I forgot to retract my landing gear now that solved the problem din't notice about it.Thanks for the quick reply! :D Now its back to normal.Quite embarrassed :laugh:

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Airbus Fan wrote:Yes, I had that problem, but I thought that's just my pc or FSX itself crashing.

I have made a test : this problem appears also with the PA A319 IAE V3

I think there is a bug in the IAE mdl file.

The crash appears, when the engines have started, and when you havn't move the aircraft, and when you toggle in exterior position view camera. If the camera is set like the satelite camera, that dooesn't crash.

ANd when the aircraft has moved, no PC crash again.

The CFM version is not affected by this bug.

Maybe PA modeler has an idea about this bug ?

Zamir wrote:Hello,I am using Project Airbus A320 v2.1 and using Francois panel V0.69.I am flying to Makassar from Kuala Lumpur and when I was climbing at around 2000ft to 10000ft,my V/S was 1500fpm and speed is maintaining in 250 knots.All is controlled by the FMC.After FL100 the speed change from 250 to 300 knots for climbing and my speed keep at 240 knots and the V/S is around 1000fpm.As I climb higher my V/S speed keep going lower and I control the thrust manually to full thrust but still the speed doesn't rise and its hard to climb to my cruising altitude.Around FL250 my V/S is 200fpm because if I go higher my speed will drop and that time my speed was around 200-230 knots.I force my plane to FL310 my cruising altitude and full thrust and the speed now is quite low 160 knots even with full thurst.I am using REX Weather and also used FSX real world weather to see if there is any different but sadly both are the same.Its there any solution ?I not sure if I am posting at the correct thread.I never had this problem before except if using Vatsim weather FSINN.

Hi Zamir,

If you use the FMC with the Stock PA A320 v2.1, you must use the Aircraft.cfg file and the .air file that are in the A320 FD-FMC Beta 0.64 pack, otherwise, the engines thrust management will be not correct and takeoff and climb will be risked.

The original PA .air file cannot allow to have a realistic thrust curves and the throttles notches will be not at the right place.

Francois

Zamir

Post by Zamir »

Zamir wrote:Hello,I am using Project Airbus A320 v2.1 and using Francois panel V0.69.I am flying to Makassar from Kuala Lumpur and when I was climbing at around 2000ft to 10000ft,my V/S was 1500fpm and speed is maintaining in 250 knots.All is controlled by the FMC.After FL100 the speed change from 250 to 300 knots for climbing and my speed keep at 240 knots and the V/S is around 1000fpm.As I climb higher my V/S speed keep going lower and I control the thrust manually to full thrust but still the speed doesn't rise and its hard to climb to my cruising altitude.Around FL250 my V/S is 200fpm because if I go higher my speed will drop and that time my speed was around 200-230 knots.I force my plane to FL310 my cruising altitude and full thrust and the speed now is quite low 160 knots even with full thurst.I am using REX Weather and also used FSX real world weather to see if there is any different but sadly both are the same.Its there any solution ?I not sure if I am posting at the correct thread.I never had this problem before except if using Vatsim weather FSINN.

Hi Zamir,

If you use the FMC with the Stock PA A320 v2.1, you must use the Aircraft.cfg file and the .air file that are in the A320 FD-FMC Beta 0.64 pack, otherwise, the engines thrust management will be not correct and takeoff and climb will be risked.

The original PA .air file cannot allow to have a realistic thrust curves and the throttles notches will be not at the right place.

Francois[/quote]
Yup I am using your latest Pack :D Problem solved because din't retract the landing gear haha :D

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Zamir, I will add a landing gear alarm :D

So, what do you think about the panel ?

After 1 year 1/2 of developement, I am a little tired. And I have little feedback and I don't know if there are many users or not.

I think that I will stop the developement of the panel (It remains the second ECAMs to improve, but I am not sure that the work interest many people=.

So , I finish to debug ,and I have add the teardrop turn procedure managed by the FMC, in the STAR (today, this procedure is only managed by the FMC during approach and KJAC Jackson Hole airport, that I have posted yesterday has a teardrop turn in one of its STAR).
I wanted to add a Status page to the secondary ECAM, but I do not have the courage.

And I will post the definitive aricraft.

I think that the time about this project has been too long and people not had the patience to wait the final version, but I am alone, and I do not think writing the management of the vertical navigation would also be complicated.

and today I have the impression that the project no interested person.

Francois

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

I really appreciate your hard work, time you spent to developing this. I think there are a lot people who are using it. They're just unregistered here, and they're not writing in these forums. This is just my opinion.

So, I have some friends, who are aviation fans too. I recommended to use your panel months ago, and they aren't dissapointed with your project.

As I realized, you need a good break on this. :D

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

After 1 1/2 jear of development we see an already complex and properly working Airbus.
I must confess that I am not using the FMC as this system is demanding to use.
But there are other goodies e.g. "the panel" including a fine sound management.
It can be used from those who like to get an airbus well balanced between reality
and easy handling and also comfortable flying.

And there are a lot of "silent" simmers who are using the project airbus panel:
In Avsim the FSX A320/319/318 V3 full packages have been downloaded together 46945 times.
After the freeware DX10 fixer the A320 full package V3 is the most downloaded overall FSX freeware file (!) since one year.
This numbers are simply speaking fantastic and a confirmation of an excellent work. Chapeau.

So I would highly appreciate if You continue and complete the panel development e.g. the ECAM
after a (hopefully only short) break.
I will continue to support You with improvement and suggestions.

And I am sure the community is patient and hoping for the continuous progress too...

Wulf

Fliptod

Post by Fliptod »

Certainly don't stop now. I feel the same as Airbus Fan, many people use it just not frequent to forums and the download numbers certainly speak for themselves.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

AirbusFan, Wulf and Flitpod , Many thanks to you.

I find too long , because I would have already completed this project. And sometimes I have a little of the blues .
What makes me lose a lot of time, these are the tests. I have to make tens of flights per day to test all possible configuration to find errors , and it takes a lot of time . This is why I would like more feedback , as this allow myself to save time.

AirbusFan and Wulf, I must say thank you because you have shown me errors that I have corrected .

Wulf , I find it a shame that you do not use the FMC. By itself , it represents 95 % of the time I spent in scheduled and I wanted to do it as simple as possible, just for it to be usable by everyone. To begin with , you can validate default values ​​in ( set the FLEX TEMP TO THRUST at 30 or 35 ° above the ambient temperature if the airport is not at high altitude ) and do a flight Between two airports of the database. You have just to load your SID, your STAR and your approach. Your flight will be enjoyed.

Panel 0.71 appears to be stable. I tried to redo the secondary ECAM with the HD bitmap and add a STATUS page.

The next update panel will be in 2-3 week, hoping that this is the final.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Now you'll be waitting for the A330? Or you already stopped programming this FMS?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I decided to continue. I think that the A330 VC is not already completed.

So, I can't create airport files, write the panel gauges, do tests flights to debug and post permanently new panel and updates, because to many work in the same time.

FMS function of the Panel 0.71 seems to be working without big bugs. I began to work on the new lower ECAM. The next update or maybe the final panel will be in 2 or 3 weeks.

But, If you want that I write quickly the final code, I can't do flight test. This is the reason why I would like that if they are some users of this beta, please, flight and report to me the bugs. Thus, it allows me to focus on the work that remains for me.

François

georgegeo

Post by georgegeo »

Continue the good work Mr François! We are a lot of ''silent'' fans here! Also could you please make this panel for the pa321?

Keep working!
All the best
George

kremin

Post by kremin »

Hi Francois,
I am another one who would be very sad if you stopped now, but I fully understand that you are tired - you have done a lot of work. At the very least may I ask that you try to finish the FMC for the current aircraft ie A320 CFM and IAE complete with aircraft and documentation. I would really like to have a realistic panel for the A319 as well but if you want to stop we must respect your decision. Perhaps you could leave the development of new airports alone for the time being?

Whatever you decide you have delivered a very comprehensive Airbus package which adds a lot of realism to my flight sim world - thanks a lot.

best regards
Rick

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Georgegeo and kremin,

Thanks for your comments. it gives me courage

Rest assured; When the FMC will be completed :) It will be easy for me to adapt it to the A318/A319/A321.

I have only to adapt the engines N1 curves and the pitch control algorythm in the FMC and modify the .AIR file according the aircraft version. I think 2 weeks per aircraft .

There will a A318 FD-FMC, A319 FD-FMC and a A321 FD-FMC.

A380 needs more work, because the stock VC is not the same. But I will try......

kremin

Post by kremin »

Thanks Francois - that is good to hear - take your time.....

best regards

Rick

Fliptod

Post by Fliptod »

Well, I bought the Aerosoft Airbus just because of you Francois, and let me be the first to tell you, your LNAV/VNAV implementation is top notch. I do still get overspeed (Havn't tried latest panel yet) but I'm not sure if that is more realistic or not. Every flight I've been in you definitely feel speedbrakes on descent. Probably more real world to have to worry about overspeed than not. I only purchased the Aerosoft to become more familiar with procedure, but your adaptation of the Project Airbus is a joy to just fly and your FMC made understanding a real one much easier. FMC is great! I'll put the Aerosoft away until you get this one finalized. It is the most comprehensive, free airbus you can get and definitely a great contribution to the sim community. Maybe I'll buy you a 12 pack of beer, just tell me where to send the money.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Thanks Flitpod !

I prefer Bordeaux red wine ;)

If you have overpeed with my panel, maybe you are too low with your FPS (my FMC works properly if the FPS are above 15/18 FPS, or maybe you have in your FSX settings the "True airspeed" selected. You must set to "Indicated airspeed" in the FSX settings.

Thanks

Francois

Fliptod

Post by Fliptod »

No problem mate. I appreciate it and I'm serious about the bottle of wine. 10 bucks is no skin off my nose and I like to sit around and think with a little buzz too. By the way, It's Fliptod. Short for Phillip Todd.

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

Fliptod wrote: By the way, It's Fliptod. Short for Phillip Todd.
Haha this cracked me up. It was evident that he misspelled your username :p

Fliptod

Post by Fliptod »

Hehe, yeah first time I figured it was a typo :)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I drink too much Bordeaux wine :oops:

Zamir

Post by Zamir »

fdd_fr wrote:Zamir, I will add a landing gear alarm :D

So, what do you think about the panel ?

After 1 year 1/2 of developement, I am a little tired. And I have little feedback and I don't know if there are many users or not.

I think that I will stop the developement of the panel (It remains the second ECAMs to improve, but I am not sure that the work interest many people=.

So , I finish to debug ,and I have add the teardrop turn procedure managed by the FMC, in the STAR (today, this procedure is only managed by the FMC during approach and KJAC Jackson Hole airport, that I have posted yesterday has a teardrop turn in one of its STAR).
I wanted to add a Status page to the secondary ECAM, but I do not have the courage.

And I will post the definitive aricraft.

I think that the time about this project has been too long and people not had the patience to wait the final version, but I am alone, and I do not think writing the management of the vertical navigation would also be complicated.

and today I have the impression that the project no interested person.

Francois
I really like your panel,I think this is the best freeware panel for the A320 ! :D Please don't stop it :( I'm looking forward for your next update :D

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Thanks !

Don't worry, I retunred to work. I am writing the new lower ECAM, with new Bitmaps textures in better quality (realised by Arths), and As I have to modify the engines startup procedure, with a totally new BLEED page and more close the reality (but i have a probleme with the X-Bleed selector that has only 3 positions in the real life (Auto, Shut, Open) and 4 positions in this VC (Shut, Open, APU, ENGS) but I will find a compromise.
There will be on this new ECAM a new Statut page, with the flight memo in live.

I try to desactivate all flight controls if no hydraulic pressure (spoiler, elevon, tail, brakes .....).

Let me a 10 or 15 days to complete the panel.

Francois

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Good to hear that you returned to work. ;)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

I have discover a huge error in the panel 0.71 : When the aircraft reach the approach, It can't descend in managed mode !! So sorry, I did a enormous synthax error in the xml code of the approach gauge

So, I have fixed this error and you can download a patch here : FMS fixed for the 0.71 du panel about the approach bug

This is only the "A320_FMS" folder, that is the same for the CFM & IAE version, so copy and replace the older version in each panel folder by this patch 0.71b.

So sorry for the convenience !

NOTE : This patch gives a new function : Now the FMS canmanage a teardrop turn procedure in a STAR (this is the case at KJAC airport) the previous version managed this function only during approach.

I have posted iin the Nav Database thread, an update of KJAC, because the first version has not this teardrop turn procedure properly coded.

The work on the secondary ECAM is completed at 80% (but the patch 0.71b is only the FMS. I will can post the new ECAM only when it will be completed.

François

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

I didin't notice this problem. Thank you anyway. :)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

The problem appears when after you push the ILS button... or maybe I wrote this error after the 0.71.... :D but Iit is better to download the patch.

I have advanced on the new secondary ECAM.

Here some pictures .....
The new bleed page before Start

Bleed page with APU run and X-Bleed closed

Fuel page before Start
It remains to me to code the transfert valves....

I have totally changed the code to engines Startup ; Now, you must open the Cross-feed and you can start before the left right engines (this is the usual procedure, to activate the blue hydraulic circuit to have parking brake), but in the official Airbus FCOM, the fisrt engine to Start is the left; But now you have the choice.
The readout "IGN" appears when you toggle the Master Ignition swith on; The letter "A" or "B" become green during the start of an engine

Right engine started, left engine in start to run....via the X-bleed and the APU

All engines started; X-bleed closed and engines bleed open. Here, the Master IGN switch is already in Start mode and the pressurization is turn off. When you toggle the Master IGnition switch off, the pressurization turn on (a green horizontal line appears in the upper of the page with the triangle symbols). I havn't swith or button to simulate the AIR PACK, so it is the only solution that I have found

Now, the APU bleed is totally independant of the X-Bleed. And like the real aircraft, you can't open the engines bleed as long the APU bleed is open.
The X-bleed selector is not like the real aircraft.(real airbus has 3 positions :"Shut", "Auto" "Open") so I have to imagine the proces about the 4 positons of this VC. When the X-Bleed is on APU position, it is only for Start the engines. The Engs position is for Start an engine from other engine. The auto postion is closed by default, but if there is an engine failure, the valve is open to feed all air circuits.

APU page :

A view in flight on the fuel page

Francois
Last edited by fdd_fr on 02 Feb 2014, 19:00, edited 1 time in total.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Looks nice! Thumb up. :)

Steve

Post by Steve »

Holy crap! Been away for a bit, and this panel looks far more advanced then the v3 that I have. :D Nice work!

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Thanks Steve !

The biggest advantage of this panel is the FMS, which manages the vertical navigation with all modes of the auto pilot that go with it, as the real Airbus, and database airports for SID, STAR and Approaches. Today, only the JB panel offers a real vertical navigation but needs payware AIRACS, and VASFMC is a false FMC because It doensn't manage vertical navigation, the most important thing. VASFMC is just a GPS with a FMC interface.
My FD-FMC has a ugly look, but it is simple to use it, and it controls the engines and aircraft like a real Airbus.

I have reproduced all the auto-pilot modes, except the FPA track mode .

I am very close to the end of the job; I hope 3 or 4 weeks of work.

Cheers

Francois

RathaX

Post by RathaX »

Hello ,

i have a problem , my mouse wheel dosen't work , now i couldn't change speed or altitude . And when i open FMS i click in f-plan and there no sid , ( at paris Orly )

Thanks.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

About the wheel mouse, check in your FSX control setting if you havn't a specific function assigned to your wheel mouse.

About the SID :

- Have you installed as describe in the install manual the 2 dll : XMLVARS.DLL and LOGGERX.DLL ?
- Have you declare these 2 dll in your DLL.XML file as is described in the install manual ?
- if yes, you must have after this installation, 2 windows when you have launched FSX to accept these DLL as trusted software ?
If not, that's means that your installation is not correct.

- XMLVARS.DLL must be in the main FSX folder
- LOGGERX.DLL must be in a folder (that you must create if you haven't FSUIPC) called "Modules"

You must insert in the FSX DLL.XML file the following section :
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>XMLVars</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>XMLVars.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>LoggerX</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>Modules\LoggerX.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>
You must copy the folder "FD_FMC" in the root folder of your FSX.

And you must edit at the root of the FD_FMC folder , the file called 'FMC_Path.ini" and write inside the path where your FSX saves your flight plan :

Example : "C:\\Documents and Settings\\Fdd\\Mes documents\\Fichiers Flight Simulator X\\"

Please note that you must double the "\" character.

All these informations are in the install manual. Read it again, and follow the instruction step by step.

RathaX

Post by RathaX »

I have installing step by step the instructions in the manuels , i have do the LoggerX.ddl in Modules folder ( i have FSUIPC ) , i copy the 2 XMLVARS in FSX , about mouse wheel , the HDG , ALT , SPD , work with the mouse wheel , but the course work with mouse wheel and + - .
I have following step by step the manuels but nothing .

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Have you added dll.xml file?

Steve

Post by Steve »

fdd_fr wrote:Thanks Steve !

The biggest advantage of this panel is the FMS, which manages the vertical navigation with all modes of the auto pilot that go with it, as the real Airbus, and database airports for SID, STAR and Approaches. Today, only the JB panel offers a real vertical navigation but needs payware AIRACS, and VASFMC is a false FMC because It doensn't manage vertical navigation, the most important thing. VASFMC is just a GPS with a FMC interface.
My FD-FMC has a ugly look, but it is simple to use it, and it controls the engines and aircraft like a real Airbus.

Cheers

Francois
Thanks Francois,
So what do I need to download.....er most current? That last version I have was v3 from about a year ago. :laugh: :D

RathaX

Post by RathaX »

If you want i do a vidéo when i install the Plane .

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

RathaX wrote:I have installing step by step the instructions in the manuels , i have do the LoggerX.ddl in Modules folder ( i have FSUIPC ) , i copy the 2 XMLVARS in FSX , about mouse wheel , the HDG , ALT , SPD , work with the mouse wheel , but the course work with mouse wheel and + - .
I have following step by step the manuels but nothing .
Ok

It is normal : On this aircraft, All the FCU knob works with the wheel mouse to increase or decrease the value. I have forgotten to delete the -/+ mouse area for the Course Knob. Thanks for the information.

The mouse button is used for toggle each mode in selected mode (right click = pull the button) or managed mode (left click = push the knob).

Think that now, these knob works like on a Real Airbus : They have 2 fixed positions (pushed or pulled).

Tha managed mode are the mode controlled by the FMS, and in this case, you the readings values are 3 "-" and a orange led appears . Only the Alt reading window display trhe valu parmanently, in managed or selected mode, but there is the orange LED in managed mode.

You must read the user manual.

About your installation, IThere is only one XMLVARS.DLL, not two. The file must do 51Ko. If the file do more than 200Ko, you have an old version of XMLVARS.DLL.

And you must edit the FSX file : "DLL.XML" file to include the declaration of these 2 DLL otherwise, FSX cannot use theses DLL, and without these 2 DLL, the FMS cannot read the SID/STAR/APPROACH data.
- LOGGERX.DL is used by the FMS to read airport data file and Write new flight plan
- XMLVARS.DLL is used by the FMS to store in memmory the fms string Data

If you have somthing that doesn't work, this is because you don't follow the install manual. And read the user manual for the use of the FMS.

Give me more information about your problem, otherwiqe, I can't find where you do an error.

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Steve wrote:

Cheers

Francois
Thanks Francois,

So what do I need to download.....er most current? That last version I have was v3 from about a year ago. :laugh: :D

Hi steve ,

Welcome on board !

All the file s are in the fisrt post of this thread. You must download :
- The base pack of the aircraft (PACK 0.64) and don't mix with the V3 version;
read the install manual to install the aircraft (and very important how to install and declare the 2 DLl required by the aircraft). One of this DLL (XMLVARS.DLL is include in the pack; You must download the other DLL (LOGGERX.DLL) on the Robbie Mc Elrath website (links is in the first post and in the install manual).
- After you must declare these DLL in the DLL.XML FSX file (all explanations are in the install manual)
- Download the last panel version (0.71b)
- Download the lastest airport database (FD_FMC.zip)
- create the FD_FMC.ini file in the FD_FMC folder
- Download the lastest version fo the CALLOUT_FD sound
- and read the provisional user manual that is in the base pack, to learn how works the FMS and the FCU/AP functions.

All is explain in the install manual and the user manual and all the files are in the first post.

This aircraft is totally different of the V3. Now, It is very near of the real Airbus (except the look of the FMS).

Itis very important to read the chapter about the FCU and the slected/managed mode of the FCU.

I am aware that the installation of the aircraft is not easy, but it is the price to pay for this more realistic aircraft.

I am here for help you.

Francois

Steve

Post by Steve »

fdd_fr wrote:
Steve wrote:

Cheers

Francois
Thanks Francois,

Hi steve ,

Welcome on board !

All the file s are in the fisrt post of this thread. You must download :
- The base pack of the aircraft (PACK 0.64) and don't mix with the V3 version;
read the install manual to install the aircraft (and very important how to install and declare the 2 DLl required by the aircraft). One of this DLL (XMLVARS.DLL is include in the pack; You must download the other DLL (LOGGERX.DLL) on the Robbie Mc Elrath website (links is in the first post and in the install manual).
- After you must declare these DLL in the DLL.XML FSX file (all explanations are in the install manual)
- Download the last panel version (0.71b)
- Download the lastest airport database (FD_FMC.zip)
- create the FD_FMC.ini file in the FD_FMC folder
- Download the lastest version fo the CALLOUT_FD sound
- and read the provisional user manual that is in the base pack, to learn how works the FMS and the FCU/AP functions.

All is explain in the install manual and the user manual and all the files are in the first post.

This aircraft is totally different of the V3. Now, It is very near of the real Airbus (except the look of the FMS).

Itis very important to read the chapter about the FCU and the slected/managed mode of the FCU.

I am aware that the installation of the aircraft is not easy, but it is the price to pay for this more realistic aircraft.

I am here for help you.

Francois
Thank you, just wanted to make sure I got the most recent file. I'll go get them here shortly.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Good flight Steve !

Think that now, you havn't to press the LOC buton to follow the lateral navigation. Only the GPS button and push the HDG button to be in managed lateral navigation. The LOC button is only to track a VOR.

Same thing to an ILS landing : You have just to push the ILS button , and the APPR button to capture the LOC and le Glide Slope. Don't use the LOC button.

RathaX, to be sure that the 2 DLL has been enged in FSX, open your FSX.CFG file and look atif you have the following lines :
[Trusted]
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.uibbreretrhkthhrzoaohkhtouoctlunaueqabqq=1
C:\Program Files\EZCA\EZCA.exe.iibtubzehentalonbtlztizbrwccozbtieilnlcn=1
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\XMLVars.dll.nhuzltbrlarzculaiuwcrnnibkahnkilnuqekebq=1
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\LoggerX.dll.ecqqranoclkweenhuicrtoinnklqlnclcaonabuk=1
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\CALLOUT_SOUND.DLL.atkczwrcabkuuwlwienwuhhbbeqbqhkthlacacih=2
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\BoeingGeneric.DLL.chnqqiczaqcrrnuznqezirtwlucotnqublucnuht=2
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Magnetic_Compass.DLL.oiociltcochabbhcaqikhbebikqrztbhwautbkqr=2
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Bendix_King_Radio.DLL.whalabcbinuokwihtkqlwrcoetwqackzqznoahzq=2
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll.abzknbncotucoqrnztwotkwzizobtztlchtkrzzn=1
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Bell_206B.DLL.hcanwnhkweaiauhqzatqeqtbulrqzbtrekcnltlh=2
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll.orelhqztckeztiniuinhuiarwwrlhbczcobrozra=1
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\dsd_xml_joystick_state.GAU.uauihbloqekwbtnzbqcenkwotikinhoeaohknarw=2
C:\Program Files\FS Recorder for FSX\FSRecorder_FSX.dll.qhcccnleacuhtacanehniieawwwhchauhkucbkaz=1
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\fa-18.DLL.noqhbbnenaaiqkolkbciewlouhnqziqtcinozelr=2
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Boeing777-300.GAU.nnrbhqnewzrokezicoeaabrurbralrouqhoknkrh=2
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NZ\FTX_NZNI_05_SCENERY\scenery\ObjectFlow_NZNI.dll.lckquokiroizhiihiqruhlahlbhqqhiaubcibozk=1
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YMML\Scenery\ObjectFlow_YMML.dll.warhnkzzewqnweoutlitkrzcthwowwnaiklrwnew=1
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NZ\FTXAA_NZQN\Scenery\ObjectFlow_NZQN.dll.atqlienbawwlnnloqhhtiaoewacizublzhcibaql=1
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YBCS\scenery\ObjectFlow_YBCS.dll.warhnkzzewqnweoutlitkrzcthwowwnaiklrwnew=1
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KWYS\Scenery\ObjectFlow_KWYS.dll.lckquokiroizhiihiqruhlahlbhqqhiaubcibozk=1
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KJAC\Scenery\ObjectFlow_KJAC.dll.warhnkzzewqnweoutlitkrzcthwowwnaiklrwnew=1
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SAK05_SCENERY\scenery\ObjectFlow_SAK.dll.lckquokiroizhiihiqruhlahlbhqqhiaubcibozk=1
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAKT\Scenery\ObjectFlow_PAKT.dll.warhnkzzewqnweoutlitkrzcthwowwnaiklrwnew=1
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAJN\Scenery\ObjectFlow_PAJN.dll.lckquokiroizhiihiqruhlahlbhqqhiaubcibozk=1
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KBZN\Scenery\ObjectFlow_KBZN.dll.warhnkzzewqnweoutlitkrzcthwowwnaiklrwnew=1
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\737-400.DLL.tuuiuqthebolraawzihqkrnlqqhueiuuwkzauwiw=2
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\fsx_event_logger.GAU.coechezqweqibetqzbkwwuownlcinrqbctwowoao=2
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Mooney_Bravo.DLL.qlaairrowobubriczbqwohbrzaounbawncukworr=2
If you havn't them, you have forgot a step in the install of the aircraft.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I forgot to tell that it is mandatory to update the FSX Waypoint database with the AIRAC of Graham Michell : http://www.gbmitch.net/ otherwise the most SID, STAR or Approach will not work properly.

And I have made a small video of a take off from Innsbruck, to learn how use the FMS :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2jtYWL_es8&HD=1

Toggle in full screen, and after, select in the lower right of the video screen "1080p" to have the HD.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi

Here is the new version of the panel with the new secondary ECAM (not totally completed....), ready for the future HD VC aircarft

This panel include also a new procedure to start engines, more close the reality

And now, I have set a sound for when the APU run (so it is not yet with a pregressive start...)

Note : Delete totally your old panel folder, because many bitmap files of these previous version is not longer use by this new 0.72 version.

Panel 0.72 CFM & IAE

If you havn't the lastest VC sound folder (CALLOUT_FD) you can download it here :
'CALLOUT_FD' VC sound update

What's new from version 0.71 to version 0.72
========================================
- New secondary ECAM in HD
- New satrtup procedure, like real airbus :
- Start the APU and its bleed
- X-BLEED selector on "APU" position
- Start the fuel pumps
- Open the fuel CrossFEED
- Master ignition switch onr "IGN START" position
- After, you can start engines in the order of you want, but the real procedure is to start the right engine first
- When the 2 engines run, turn off the fuel "CrossFeed"
- Set the X-BLEED onr "AUTO"
- turn off the APU BLEED
- turn on the engines BLEEED
- Master ignition switch on "Normal" position

Note : The auto start function CTRL+E has been modified with this new procedure
- New sound, when the APU run
- Display the NDB name on the ND when ADF if turn on on the radio
- NDB and VOR arrows are now visible in ARC mode, when the VOR switches are in the right position
- Radio tuner knob setting works now with the wheel mouse in the 2 directions
- An airport ICAO code can be used as a waypoint in the FMS
- Improved altitude transitions duriong the different flight phase (picth changes)
- The tunr leg procedure, called "TearDrop" where managed only in the approaches pahse. Now, the FMS can manage tohis procedure during a STAR (this is the case on one of the BOISE STAR or Jackson Hole airport).
- If the aircraft is above the ILS beam when the APPR is engaged, the vertical speed is increased to try to intercept the G/S
- AI traffic appears now on the PLN page of the ND.
- The Course Knob works now only with the wheel mouse (increase or decrease value)

It remains to me do wrie the Statut page of the secondary ECAM.

Good flight.

Francois

georgegeo

Post by georgegeo »

Awesome!

Thanks dude!