Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

fdd_fr

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Kremin,

Have you instal the new "dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau" file, that it is in the "Gauges" folder of the beta panel 0.74 , in your FSX\Gauges\ folder ?

See this post : viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2823&start=150#p25686

It seems that no , I think...

Francois

kremin

Post by kremin »

Hi Francois,
I wish it was that simple - new sound gauge is certainly in my gauges folder. I downloaded the update again and reinstalled the panel. Managed to get the CFM version 0.74 loaded once but not IAE and now neither of them will work for me - given it up for now :( .
No problems with 0.73 so I will now wait for your 'final' version.

best regards and thanks again for all your work 8-)

Rick

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

There is no reason that doesn't work.

with the panel 0.74, have you updated the folder "Callout_FD" that is in the "Sound" folder of the zip file ? YOu must copy this new "Callout_FD" folder in your "FSX\Sound"\ folder.

If the new gauge is correctly installed, you must have a message box, when you launch the first flight with the aircrat, to accept this new gauge. If not, that's seems the new gauge in not properly installed.

Check your FSX.cfg file to see if you have in the [Trusted] section, the declaration of "dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau"

In final, if nothing work, you can keep the old gauge : edit the panel.cfg file of each version (CFM & IAE) , go the [VCockpit01] section and you must have this line :

gauge17=dsd_fsx_xml_sound!Sound, 0,0,0,0, ./Sound/CALLOUT_FD/Sound.ini

replace this line by :

gauge17=CALLOUT_SOUND!dsd_xml_sound3, 0,0,0,0, ./Sound/CALLOUT_FD/Sound.ini

Like this, you will use the old gauge.

Francois

kremin

Post by kremin »

All the things you mentioned were checked and correctly installed as far as I can see. Trusted gauge verification took place as normal. I also tried keeping the old sound gauge as you suggested but that gave the same result - black screen with some regular clicking and almost zero fps. It is just possible to interact with the menus with the mouse but cannot bring up the cockpits. I cannot see where the hangup is - I'll look closely again tomorrow.

Thanks for the support....

best regards
Rick

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Maybe you launch a previous flight saved..... try do delate your Previous flight in your Mydocuments\Fsx\ folder.

You are the only one that have this problem.

To other users : Can you check, if you save a flight when your are airborne, by use th right synthax for the savegame "ICAO to ICAO" ; are all the sabegame files are deleted when you land (.FLT, .FSSAVE, .WX ) ?

Thanks to yuor answer.

François

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Kremin, I have also some problem with the new sound gauge. It occurs a crash of FSX, when I save a gflight and reload it.

For everybody, I think that is better to comeback to the old gauge. Modify the panel.cfg file like the post above and delete the dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau line of your [trusted] section of your FSX.cfg file.

Francois

kremin

Post by kremin »

Hi Francois,
After much time I have found that it is the patch 0.74b file A320_FMS_inst.xml that is preventing a proper load on my system. The other two files in the patch do not seem to affect startup. Perhaps I was not supposed to use the patch? It loads fine without the patch. But I cannot say whether my flight saving function works properly yet - I will have a look soon. For the moment I'll continue with the new sound gauge.

Many thanks as always

Rick

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

2 importants things that I must ell you :

- There is a bug in FSX, if you create a "VFR" flight plan with the FSX stock flight planner. In this case, after launch the flight, if you add a SID or a STAR, the flight plan become internally a "IFR" flight plan , but when you save the flight when you fly, the name of the flight plan file and the FMS data file keep the "VFR" name. So when you will reload this flight, the flight plan file of FSX will be correctly loaded (with this name that begin by "VFR") but internally, for the GPS, this flight plan will be an IFR flight plan, and the FMC get the information from the GPS macro and It will search the FMS data file that begin by IFR and it will not find it, so the FMS data will not loaded.

So, think that when you create a flight plan, choose always IFR in the FSX flight planner.

Second thing, FSX has a big bug with the fuel consumption that is calculated with a constant. So the engione fuel consumption change with air density. The result is that the fuel consumption of the aircraft is correct at cruise altitude (the real A320 burn 2300 to 2800 kg/h ain cruise above FL300), but the fuel consumption is totally false at sea level. It is very too high.

An A320 with a pair of IAE 2527-A5 burn 750/800 kg at idle at sea level; Our aircraft burn more then 2000kg/h on ground when idle.

I am sorry, but i havn't solution to fix this porblem. Only a gauge written in C++ and that use SimConnect can change this FSX state. I can't do that in XML.

François

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

I have found the solution about the auto-start (CTRL+E) in 2D cockpit. Now It works in all case (2D cockpit or VC).

I will post this weekend the last version, with the new engines sound sets and many new features.

I think that there will be the last Beta before release.

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

excuse me, I havn't post an update of the panel this weekend, because I worked hard to finish the last functions

I have completed the checklist on the upper ECAM, improve the maintaining of the SRS speed between the Thrust reduction altitude and the acceleration altitude when they are not equal and improve many small things.

I have added the lastest missing function of the FMC : The Go Around procedure.

When i created the airport database file format, one year ago, I have forgotten to include this missed approach procedure. Today, it is impossible to add them without remake all the existing airports, because it required to change the data file format.

So, I have found a solution that allows missed approach, but not in accordance with all airports map, but usable.

When you land (manually, or in autoland), if you set the throttles in toga, that's engage the go around process as describe below :

- Now, when you set the "decision height" altitude on the FMA, it will disconnect the A/THR when the aircraft reaches thhis altitude (with the callout "minimum")
- from this moment, if you push your throttles on TOGA, all the managed modes toggle in selected, the actual heading of the aircraft is set in the AP and the FMC reset his data (speed, altitude constraints) of the first waypoint of the approach
- NAV mode toggle in HDG mode,
- V/S is set to +2500ft/mn
- FD-FMC change the actual active waypoint to the first waypoint of the approach
- Autoland is cancelled
- ILS mode and APPR mode are disconnected
- Aricraft climb in the runway axis
- as soon as the pilot deems it reaches a safe altitude and speed, he may again engage A/THR and toggles tha AP modes in managed ( SPD, HDG to NAV and ALT )
- the aircraft will them return to the first appraoch waypoint, will all data (speed, altitude) reseted, for a new approach essay
- You can do again a second approach

Here is a video sample of this porcedure, with a Go around on the 09L approach of LFPG - Paris Charles de Gaulle :

Go Around video

set youtube in full screen and select HD 1080p

Francois

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Hi Francois..
Firstly, I'd like to congratulate you on your excellent work. I'm quite new to the in depth AB experience and I find your work well, excellent :) I've just installed Win 7 and Airbus Fan has helped me to sort out a few problems...(one caused by my own doing I might add) :oops: I've moved on to your A320 : Project Airbus A320 FD-FMC Version Beta 0.6x FMS version..Followed your comprehensive instructions but 2 things don't seem right...

I've added the XMLVars.dll & the LoggerX.dll as instructed...when I also edited the .dll file again as instructed...When I turned on FSX I didn't get the 'new gauges accept' messages..that made me think there is a problem...checked the FSX .cfg..and these 2 gauges don't appear in the in the [Trusted] section for gauges etc. So they've not 'taken' so to speak ..checked 'permissions' on W7 too..seems OK..

It's worth mentioning that the AC seems to fly OK ..Did go to add some updates (0.74 panel CFM & IAE) to the panels and hit some problems..like non starting of engines. I still need to do more reading up on all of this..but any help would be greatly appreciated...you must get fed up to the teeth with Q's ;) :oops:
Best Wishes and thanks again..
ZA

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Zaflyer,

If you had not the FX message to accept the 2 gauges and they don't appears in the [trusted] section of your FSX.cfg, that's seems that the declaration in dll.xml file is not correct.

I havn't Win7, and peharps you must be in administrator mode to modify a file in the application data folder.

Post here your Dll.xml file that is located in the - "C:\Users\ your suser name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\" folder.

XMLVars.dll file must be copied in the main FSX folder
Loggerx.dll file must be copied in the "\Your main FSX folder\Module\ folder.

This folder exist only if you have FSUIPC. IF you havn't, you must create this folder to place LoggerX.dll

About the engine startup :
- The FSX auto-start command (CTRL+E) works only in Virtual cokpit mode with the panel 0.74. (this will be fixed in the next panel).
- To start engines manually, follow this porcess :

- Battery switch ON
- Start APU
- APU Generator ON
- Set ON the 2 fuel pumps
- Set on the Cross-feed fuel valve (button between the 2 fuel pumps on the overhead)
- Set ON the APU bleed button
- turn the X-Bleed selector Knob on APU position
- Set the master engine IGNITION switch on "START" position (between the 2 engine starter switch)
- Push the right Starter switch
- let the right engine start
- Push the left Starter swith
- let the left engine start
- Set the Master ignition swith "Normal" position
- when N1 is stabilized, turn off the X-Feed fuel valve
- Turn off the APU Bleed
- Turn ON the engine 1 and engine 2 Bleed
- turn the X-Bleed selector Knob on AUTO position.

The new checklist will arrive

Francois

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Hi Francois...
Thanks for the very quick response...
I am in Admin mode..well I'm logged in as Administrator (if that's the same thing)
Here's my .dll file contents as requested...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
<Disabled>True</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>
<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>XMLVars</Name>
<Path>XMLVars.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>
</Launch.Addon>
<Name>Logger</Name>
<Path>Modules\LoggerX.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

Hope this is informative..I'll have another go at adding these things again...I've had trouble with Windows 7 since I installed it :@
Thanks
ZA

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

zaflyer wrote:Hi Francois...
I am in Admin mode..well I'm logged in as Administrator (if that's the same thing)

<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Launch.Addon>
<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>XMLVars</Name>
<Path>XMLVars.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
</Launch.Addon>
<Name>Logger</Name>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Hope this is informative..I'll have another go at adding these things again...I've had trouble with Windows 7 since I installed it :@
Thanks
ZA

The 1st red-marked is incorrect, 2nd is correct.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Launch.Addon>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>XMLVars</Name>
<Path>XMLVars.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
</Launch.Addon>

<Name>Logger</Name>
</Launch.Addon>

Thanks
ZA

yours addons sections (in red) are not at the right place, because they are after the Tag "</SimBase.Document>" (in black bold in my quote) that is the end tag of the XML file and you have 2 "</Launch.Addon>" (underline) one behind the other. This is the reason the 2 modules are not find by FSX.

Each section must begin by : <Launch.Addon> and close by </Launch.Addon>

Replace all your text by the following and all will work fine :
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Launch.Addon>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>XMLVars</Name>
<Path>XMLVars.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Logger</Name>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Francois

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Francois..
Thank you! :) It worked a treat... Got the 'health warnings' for once glad to see them...How do you know all of this?? ;) Now..I'll try to add the 0.74 panel..The tip on starting the AC is very useful too, so thanks for that.
Best Wishes
ZA

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

you're welcome

Francois

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Hi Again Francois
One last quick and probably silly Q...I've started to read this thread form the beginning and I've noticed that there's quite few 'updates' for the panels..Do I have to start with the earlier versions and build up to 0.74 or can I just install 0.74? I ask as there might be important thing in the earlier updates...
Thanks
ZA

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

No.

Just go to the first page of the thread;

You need to install the Aircraft pack 0.64

After, you can update directly with the Panel 0.74 (include an update of the Callout_FD sound folder that is in your FSX\Sound folder.

And you can update the airport SID/STAR/Approach airports Database with the last pack of 85 airports in the first page of this thread (all the links to download are in the first post) . This pack of airports has been posted the december 3th, 2013.

Since, there are several new airports or updates to fix bug in the data taht you can found from this post : viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2637&start=150#p25296

Regards

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I have forgot to tell you that the panel 0.74 use a new sound gauge that may occurs problems.

So I think that is better for you to edit the panel.cfg file of each version (CFM & IAE) and change the following line in the [VCockpit01] section :

gauge17=dsd_fsx_xml_sound!Sound, 0,0,0,0, ./Sound/CALLOUT_FD/Sound.ini

replace this line by :

gauge17=CALLOUT_SOUND!dsd_xml_sound3, 0,0,0,0, ./Sound/CALLOUT_FD/Sound.ini

dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau make my FSX crashes sonetimes. It is better to return with Callout_sound.dll.

Francois

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Hi Francois...
Thanks for the message...
You must be psychic! ;) Was going to email you but didn't want to sound like I was moaning..When I did a test flight this AM (on manual not worked out the other ways yet) I hit some problems: At first I thought I was getting messages..kept getting a 'chime' like a door bell. Then the gauges stopped responding..worse still, my AC went black on the 'outside' view (I did have my settings a little high though) Then everything stopped responding..I had to cancel the flight and then got the dreaded 'Fatal Error' message! :/
I have forgot to tell you that the panel 0.74 use a new sound gauge that may occurs problems.
Are these the "problems" you mention..or is it something more serious? :/
Thanks for your goof work Francois
ZA

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

If your aircraft textures become black and after your have a FSX crash, I think that your CPU is overloaded or memory overflow. Decrease your display setting in FSX. Or try the FSX.cfg tweaks like "Bufferpools=0"

What is your computer configuration (CPU, graphic card) ?

and change the sound gauge line as is describe 2 posts above and check if you have in your FSX\Gauges\ folder, the file "Callout_sound.dll"

Francois

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Hi Francois
To answer your Q...Here's the technical stuff: You'll probably understand it better than me ;)

FSX Deluxe SP1 & SP2 - Windows 7 Professional - 2.99 GB RAM - Pentium E6500 - 2.93 GHz - - Intel (R) G41 Express Chipset. 0 - FOXCONN GeFORCE SERIES- NVIDIA GE Force 8600 GTS Also got FS9..which I've not touched since moving over to Win 7!!

Some good news..just done a flight (test) LOWI-EDDF in 'selective mode' No problems, really good ILS Approach and 'auto' land on Rwy 7R :) Just one glitch..the flap indicator right side on the first setting didn't show..but that's minor. Used the A320 FD-FMC CFM BTW (air Inter to be precise) Before this flight I had changed the sound gauge and added the other edit you've mentioned. So no black textures or odd noises. I've set the default flight to a 'cold start' too as advised in the manual...which I'm still reading.

I have 'tweaked' the FSX .cfg using 'kostas' guide..Max Frame Rate = 30 is one edit....Haven't added a "Bufferpools=0" ..don't know where to put it in the FSX .cfg and I've read that it can cause 'spikes' in scenery (occasionally I might add) But worth considering...can always remove it...I did have my settings quite high too.
Thanks for your help
Ralph

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Just noticed that I said in the post previous to this last one..
Thanks for your goof work
DOH!! A Typo

What I meant was GOOD work..
apologies
Ralph

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Thanks Ralph.

Your CPU is a fair bit for FSX. FSX requires CPU power and a high clock. 2 cores and 3 Ghz are the low limit. So don't set your scenery setting too high.

I don't know if the Pentium E6500 may be overclockable. Try to get information about this.

More you have Ghz, more FSX is happy.

And black textures are the sign of a memory overflow.

If you have Win 7 64 bit, 3GB of memory is not enough. IN this case, you need 8 GB of Ram. Win 7 is a chasm for the memory. This is the reason why I keep Win XP, in a special light version.
If you have win 7- 32bit, that should be better to have 4 GB of memory (but XP is more performant than win 7 - 32 )

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Hi Francois...
Thanks for the reply and the useful info. TBH...I'm getting 30 FPS in the Alps with your aircraft on quite high settings (dense) for scenery..So things aren't too bad..It's Windows 7 (32-bit BTW) Also. not too bad at EHRD with the NL2000 scenery in there, which is quite comprehensive..as for an upgrade..need an new oven first! ;) :( I've not had a repeat of the 'black textures' either..thankfully.

As the FMC is still in Beta stage..is it OK to give feedback? Still getting the 'stuck flaps gauge' indicator (must learn how to post pics here for reference) I was going to ask 'bout the TAWS function, is this still in development? Came across it as I worked through the manual...I can't seem to get mine to function...there's some discussion 'bout it earlier in this thread, but not sure waht's happened with it. But, no great shakes, not important, sure you've got more things to do. Keep up the good work, my Wife's printing the manual today... Will be interesting :)
Thanks
Ralph

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

As the FMC is still in Beta stage..is it OK to give feedback? Still getting the 'stuck flaps gauge' indicator (must learn how to post pics here for reference) I was going to ask 'bout the TAWS function, is this still in development? Came across it as I worked through the manual...I can't seem to get mine to function...there's some discussion 'bout it earlier in this thread, but not sure waht's happened with it. But, no great shakes, not important, sure you've got more things to do. Keep up the good work, my Wife's printing the manual today... Will be interesting :)
Thanks
Ralph
Ralph, this is the goal; I wait a maximum off feedback to fix the last problems on the panel. So tell me all your observations.

The TAWS works only when aircraft is airborne (aircraft must be in movement). To activate it, click on the lower right of the ND, where you have the ICAO destination readout. TAWS is refresh each 500ft during climb or descent. It occurs some FPS loss .
What is your problem with the Flaps gauge indicator ?

If you want post screenshots use the website like http://www.hostingpics.net/ where you upload your picture, and post the link in your post.

You're welcome

Francois

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Morning Francois..
OK, with the feedback. Good. Thanks for the heads up re: the site for posting pics....I've just registered. I now need to figure out how to move a pic from me to here... :) I'll try to recreate the flap scenario for you...Basically, once the flap is detracted, to zero..one of the indicators remains in place (the green line) As said, I'll try to do it again and send pic.

With regard to TAWS: I was at 5000' when I tried it. I clicked on the bottom right hand corner of the ND the image tool pointed to TAWS Display..it 'said' I was pointing the mouse cursor in the correct area. Nothing. Tried it in both 2D and VC

One other thing, I know I've not got a high end PC..but my Graphics aren't too bad and I've got my setting for the VC on AC high..The panel seems blurry in VC mode. This doesn't seem to be the case on the other PA AC panels..I notice on a page in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2823&start=150#p25686

An image showing quite a good looking VC Panel (I did have the fix in BTW for the VC part of the panel .cfg) Any ideas please. I may have missed something on the way to getting this thing working...Again, I'll try to send some images...
Thanks for your efforts
Ralph

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Hi Again Francois...
I said I'd try to post some images...so here we go: First one shows the flap gauge problem: don't wantto be a pian over this..might be a problem at this end! :/

URL=http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?i ... roblem.jpg]Image[/URL]

This is the blurry VC textures:

This is an example of another PA 321 Panel

Thanks for the HU re: the pic sharing site...Excellent :)
Best Wishes
Ralph

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello Ralph,

There is no problem with the flaps.

The reason is that your last picture is the first version of the panel that I have realized (A32x FD Special version V3) and in this version, the SFCC gauge (Slats and flaps Computer controler), realized by Stefan Liebe, was false in the function.

ON the V3 version, the SFCC retracts the slats and flaps automatically, after take off, to the 0 postion. So in the real Airbus, the SFCC retracts automatically only flaps between the position 1+F to 1. It doesn't retracts the Slats.

So, I have modied the gauge code, according the real Airbus sheme. So afeter take off, you must retracts yourself from position 2 to postion 1+F, SFCC retracts automatically from 1+F to 1, but you must retracts yourself form 1 to 0.

SFCC has another function :

When aircraft is on the ground, before take off, you cannot select the postion 1 (slats only); If you selects position 1, SFCC set to 1+F.

Bycons, when aircraft is airborne, before landing, you can select slats only (position 1 ).

And about the new taws, it is different that the V3 version. Now, it is like the real Airbus TAWS, with ony the relief dispayed in 3 color (RED,YELLOW and black).
Red = the aircraft is below or at the same altitude
Yellow = aircraft is between 500ft et 2500ft of terrain
Black = aircraft is at more then 2500 feet of the terrain.

My new taws on the FD-FMC version :

If you want the same view of the terrain that you have in the old version of the ND, you can get it in the FMS gauge, select the F-PLN or Departure or arrival page, and activate the buttons Water, and terrain .

François

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Hi Francois..
Thanks for clarifying these things for me. The TAWS I'll use from the FMC then. You've done such a good job updating panels, that I've got lost! ;) I need to double check I've got the right things in. So the flap indicator in the first picture is OK..just the way I set them? I'll go back and have another look. I was flying in 'selected' mode. I do need to get familiar with the 'Managed Mode' :/
Thanks for the feedback
Ralph

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Hi Francois
As you can see, sorted out the TAWS and I've also sorted the VC blurriness...stuck some updated C.dds files in the main textures folder..So we're good to go :)

Thanks for the help
Ralph

FranzDur

Post by FranzDur »

Hello Ralph,

I have also some VC blurriness problems with this otherwise wonderful FMC. The 2D view is sharp and crisp, though. Could you elaborate on which .dds files you updated? and how? I have about 13700 of these on my PV and am a bit at a loss.

Merci

Francis

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

I think you should enable High resolution 3D virtual cockpit in settings/aircraft.

FranzDur

Post by FranzDur »

Thank you Airbus Fan,

It was on "Moyen élevé" I changed it to "Ultra élevé" (I'm a frog as you may surmise) and it is much better.

Francis

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Hi Chaps...
Francis..The ones I used are an update which changes the colour of the CP and the seats too: you want: "Virtual Cockpit" textures Upgrade in "strong gray color" If you look on FS.Com you should find the file: Here it is
fsx_airbus_cockpit_texture_upgrade_v-gray.zip

Hopefully that'll work. you can use them on PA and T. Ruth Aircraft A330/40 etc
I do have my settings 'fired up' AB Fan...In English (You won't want Afrikaans ;) ) they're on Ultra High Problem I've got with that is the 'Airdraft Casts Shadow on itself' Setting that comes with it..can kill frame rates..and the 'High Resolution Setting' for the VC Here's some pics:

Hope this helps
Thanks
Ralph

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Ralph,

I know this texture pack. I use it on my sim. I have sent a message to the author to ask his permission to distribuate with the final project this set of texture, but I havn't answer at this moment.

I use also a night texture with blue light, that is very beautiful. I have got the authorization to his author, to join this blue light night VC texture to the final project.

So, today, there is an update of the panel ; I hope the last before the release version:

here is the beta panel 0.75 :

Panel beta 0.75 CFM et IAE with new engines sounds"

What's new withe the beta 0.75 :
===========================
- Now, Engine AutoStart works in 2D cockpit (but not in exterior view !)
- Cost Index is activated now : ECON THRUST, ECON CLB IAS and ECON CLB MACH are calculated now with the Cost Index value. Lower value is a economic choice (less thrust and speed and more time to the travel); A high value increase Thrust, speed and fuel consumption but decrease the time of the flight)Default value is 40; you can select a value from 1 to 99. The value must be selected before set thrust and speed value.
- In some case, when the aircraft reach the crossover altitude, the THR CLB mode toggled in MACH mode for 500ft : bug fixed
- Better TOD calculation
- Improvement of the pitch control while managed climb, and better control of the SRS speed when the thrust reduction altitude is different of the acceleration altitude.
- Ehanced and competed checklist on the Upper Ecam (click on the lower left of the ECAM)
- New vocal announce, when take off, with callout "80 kts", "V1", "rotate", "V2" ; Many thanks to wulf who has found these wav files.
- Better reset of the Variables values between 2 flights
- Decceleration altitude in managed descent (when no speed constraint in a STAR) was 13300 feet : Now 11300 feet.
- you can disable "Seatblet" above 20000 ft while climb (message on the Upper ecam checklist)
- Readout in red "seatblet" on the upper ecam checklist if aircraft cross turbulence (if aircraft has acceleration in any direction more than 1,5G)
- new flght attendant message when you engage the descent
- Go Around function when landing, when a approach is loaded. You must be in ILS mode, and you must set your "decision height" by cliking on the FMA (200ft by default). When the aircraft reaches the decision height, the A/THR is disconnected. If you want land, set your throttle to 0 when callout "retard", but if you want Go aroud, set your throttle on TOGA : This action cancel the landing, by toggle all the AP mode in selected (SPD, HDG and ALT). The FMS set the first waypoint of the approach as the active waypoint, and set the AP altitude automatically to the altitude of this first waypoint. In first, the aircrat climb in HDG, with a rate of 2000ft/mn. up your gear and flaps, and when you have reaches your security altitude and speed, , engage the A/THR and push the SPD, HDG and ALT knob to toggle all modes in managed. at this moment, the FMS take again the control of the aircraft, and return to the first waypoint of the approach, and you can do new approach.
- Now, during a approach, the aircraft has the capability to ascend , because I have discover that in some rare case, the altitude may increase between the last waypoint of a STAR (IAF) and the first waypoint of an approach; This is the case at GCRR - Lanzarotte for exemple.
- New sound, when you open the cargo door (MAJ + E+ 2 )
- Statut page on the lower ecam completed

The zip file is heavy : 251 Mo,because there are the niw sound set for the 2 engines versions. These sound set has been realized by Adam Murphy, and I have his authorization to distribuate them with the aircraft. Before copy these new sound set in your aircrafts folders, rename your old "sound.CFM" and "sound.IAE" by add a new extension ( "sound.CFM.old" and "sound.IAE.old" for exemple) in the case if you don't like the new sound set .

You have in the archive, a folder "your FSX folder", with inside, the new "Callout_FD" folder version to copy in the "Sound" folder of your FSX.

I have put in the zip file, the old version of the callout_sound.dll gauge, if you have delete it, because the panel 0.75 use again this gauge (i have too many probems with dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau".

So, you must edit achange the following section of your aircraft.cfg, for a better fuel consumption :

For the CFM version :

[GeneralEngineData]
engine_type=1
fuel_flow_scalar=1.00
Engine.0=13.500000,-18.95,-5.125
Engine.1=13.500000,18.95,-5.125
min_throttle_limit=-0.25
max_contrail_temperature=-30

[jet_engine]
thrust_scalar=1.00

[TurbineEngineData]
fuel_flow_gain=0.00247
inlet_area=25.3000
rated_N2_rpm=16000
static_thrust=27000 // CFM56-5B4 engine 120Kn thrust update by francois Dore with Airbus industrie data
afterburner_available=0
reverser_available=1
bypass_ratio=5.70 // bypass ratio CFM Engines
ThrustSpecificFuelConsumption=0.45

For the IAE version :

[GeneralEngineData]
engine_type=1
fuel_flow_scalar=1.0
Engine.0=13.500000,-18.95,-5.125
Engine.1=13.500000,18.95,-5.125
min_throttle_limit=-0.25
max_contrail_temperature=-30

[jet_engine]
thrust_scalar=1.00

[TurbineEngineData]
fuel_flow_gain=0.00247
inlet_area=22.6000
rated_N2_rpm=14950.000000
static_thrust=26600.000000 // IAE v2527-A5 26600 Lbs - 117.88Kn update by francois Dore with Airbus industrie data
afterburner_available=0
reverser_available=1
bypass_ratio=4.80 // bypass ratio IAE Engines
ThrustSpecificFuelConsumption=0.45
Last edited by fdd_fr on 05 Apr 2014, 17:06, edited 1 time in total.

FranzDur

Post by FranzDur »

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for the alternate textures, I was not aware (I'm not aware of quite alot concerning FSX tuning). I downloaded both of Enrique's files (fsx_airbus_cockpit_texture_upgrade_v-gray and FSX_Airbus_Cockpit_Texture_Upgrade) and I prefer the light blue tint of the second. So now I have the CFM planes in silvergray and the IAE in light blue..

Thanks again

Francis

Ah, je viens de voir que le nouveau panel est sorti pendant que je faisais cette réponse à Ralph. C'est en train de télécharger... Will be a good evening testing this last production of François. It is quite incredible, from the french forum I gathered that he has also a wife, kids, a job and other hobbies like photography. Apparently he never sleeps. Thanks a lot François.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

And I have also a cat and a dog ! :D

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

at first I made a simple go around with both A320 CFM+IAE, beta 0.75.
Both new engine sounds are very realistic. On the top the IAE sound with the "final" flap retraction sound is incredible.
--> One thing discovered, that the V1,VR, V2 sounds are not coming up on both A/C.
Do I miss something? Are these special sounds only coming up when flying with fully programmed FMC?

I double checked the gauge and and sound folder including the updated CALLOUT_FD with V1-,VR-,V2-.wav files.
E.g. The APU sounds, height annoncements e.g. 1000, 2500 and so on are coming up and are fine.

Wulf

FranzDur

Post by FranzDur »

Hello François,

When I start the engines with the new sounds I hear in the distance domestic noises like kids yelling and a dog barking!!! Could that be your dog?? (no cat!!)

Seriously, does somebody else hear this?

Francis

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

wulfbindewald wrote:Hi Francois,

at first I made a simple go around with both A320 CFM+IAE, beta 0.75.
Both new engine sounds are very realistic. On the top the IAE sound with the "final" flap retraction sound is incredible.
--> One thing discovered, that the V1,VR, V2 sounds are not coming up on both A/C.
Do I miss something? Are these special sounds only coming up when flying with fully programmed FMC?

I double checked the gauge and and sound folder including the updated CALLOUT_FD with V1-,VR-,V2-.wav files.
E.g. The APU sounds, height annoncements e.g. 1000, 2500 and so on are coming up and are fine.

Wulf
Speed annonces work only if you set the FMC, because V1, V2 and VR are calculated by the FMC, according the aircraft grossweight, when you chooze the take-off flaps position in the "take-off" page of the FMC. And the announces can work only if you take off with the FMC activated.

FranzDur wrote:Hello François,

When I start the engines with the new sounds I hear in the distance domestic noises like kids yelling and a dog barking!!! Could that be your dog?? (no cat!!)

Seriously, does somebody else hear this?

Francis
Your hear well. There is is passengers noise in one of the startup engines file of adam murphy :D

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Hi Chaps..
Thanks for the replies and I'm glad that my input has been off some value...Nice surprise this Sunday morning to wake up to a new panel Beta!! :D Try to give it a go today...I don't have two children BTW..but one very busy grandson whose staying with us...When it comes to flying and testing FS..He's the equivalent to Air brakes and reverse thrust! Stops you quick! ;)
Best Wishes
Ralph

georgegeo

Post by georgegeo »

Hello!

When I try to unzip the panel it says: ''The archive is either in unknown format or damaged''. I am doing it with winrar as usual.

Best regards,
George

FranzDur

Post by FranzDur »

Hi George,

I had a broken file too at my first attempt, probably the server at db-online.fr was a bit over worked. I downloaded it again and the file opened just fine. So try again...

Francis

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Hi Françoise..
Thanks for the update....As usual, very much appreciated. The 2D start up is good, seems quicker too. Had it for a quick test flight...The engines have a satisfying 'hum' to them...No Children in the background noise though,..then again I'm hard of hearing ;) Excellent job.

BTW...
I use also a night texture with blue light, that is very beautiful
How do you get that effect please?..Also, shame you can't get a response from the author of the files...I'm sure he's see it as a compliment if you used them...
Best Wishes and Thanks
Ralph

georgegeo

Post by georgegeo »

And yes it worked!

Thanks a lot! ;)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

zaflyer wrote:Hi Françoise..
Thanks for the update....As usual, very much appreciated. The 2D start up is good, seems quicker too. Had it for a quick test flight...The engines have a satisfying 'hum' to them...No Children in the background noise though,..then again I'm hard of hearing ;) Excellent job.

BTW...
I use also a night texture with blue light, that is very beautiful
How do you get that effect please?..Also, shame you can't get a response from the author of the files...I'm sure he's see it as a compliment if you used them...
Best Wishes and Thanks
Ralph
Hi ralph,

I've got the authorization to use and join to the final aircraft package the night Blue led VC textures, realized by Paul Davies. I will upload theses textures tonight when I go home. And I will post the link.

You can see the look of these texture in this video that I made, when my first test of the adaptation of FD-FMC on the Projact Airbus A330-300 beta model : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6RPvsD4 ... e=youtu.be

select full screen and HD 1080p in the youtube settings.

But I wait the authorization for the VC day texture in HD 32bits, that you use (your screenshots on the top of thispage) ; but the author has not answered to my demand a this moment....

Frncois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

I have got a new idea. I decided to write the code to display the informations that are in the TXT file with each airport of the Database.

I have add a button in the airport information page :

and when you click on this button, the FMC read the txt file (works for departure airport and destination airport) :

Now, help me to find the information to write in these txt files :

I think :

- QNH value of the airport
- If a SID or a STAR is forbiden by night or for heavy aircraft (CAT C or D)
- all specific information about this airport

I search now the xml code to create scrollbars, because at this moment , I can only display 36 lines of 60 characters.

François

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Hi Francois..
Thanks for the video link. The lighting looks very impressive and I look forward to the update...Is this ( probably is) the true colour of the AB CP at night?
The update of the FMC looks interesting too..Do you ever sleep?? ;) Luckily for us mortals, not ;) I want to watch the Vid again to see how you manage the auto land...

I heard the noise mentioned in the thread earlier re: the new sound update...I got it as I stalled the AB at LOWI on TO...lots of screaming..most worrying!! :roll: No dogs though!

Got to go...been messing with my settings and sorting out Windows 7 with FSX..interesting to say the least!!
Best Wishes and thanks again
Ralph