Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

zaflyer

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by zaflyer »

Hi Again Francois..
Not sure if this is a "reply" but more of a Q...I've finally managed to do a flight using the FMS..almost. Used SID for the TO etc and the cruise was fine. I'm amazed as to how good this is!! :) Thanks...It's taken you aeons of work...I have one Q (as usual :oops: ) My flight today was LFML-LFLS ..I did one last night too, LFQQ - LFRD..both times got there OK. Carried out the descent ..well the FMS did, the second one was better and I left the controls alone!! When I got to both airports with the programmed approaches in (ILS in both cases) the aircraft didn't seem to pick up the glide slope...

I'm probably missing something obvious here, but do I override the system and use the the AP ILS..as one would without FMS? No big issue, just want to get it right...I'm finding it difficult 'flying' and not fiddling with things!! ;) Really enjoying it though. :)
Thanks
Ralph

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Make sure you pressed APR button, not LOC.

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Hi Airbus fan..
Thanks for the response..I did have the APP on....Got to admit though, I'm a little confused re: the FCU and what to have 'on' when using the FMS...GPS/NAV? (they aren't part of the FCU..I know but ...) I guess it's down to practice..Actually got the female cabin crew voice today!! (Politically correct term there ;) ) The CSTR button didn't work for a holding pattern either, but again. probably pressed the wrong thing at the wrong time...Great piece of work this though! BTW,, the Rwy Was a 'CAT III' too. So any ideas will be greatly appreciated. I suspect that there's a sequence for this sort of thing.
Thanks
Ralph

Fliptod

Post by Fliptod »

Zaflyer,

Did you make sure your set the right course for the ILS? I had the same problem as you initially and that was the reason why. You need the ILS frequency AND the runway course dialed in.

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Hi Again..
I think I did. Stress the "think." Going to have another go this pm and check all the things you've kindly mentioned. I'm normally OK with an ILS app. I could've been distracted with all the 'bells & whistles" of the FMS!
Thanks ZA

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

zaflyer wrote:Hi Again Francois..
Not sure if this is a "reply" but more of a Q...I've finally managed to do a flight using the FMS..almost. Used SID for the TO etc and the cruise was fine. I'm amazed as to how good this is!! :) Thanks...It's taken you aeons of work...I have one Q (as usual :oops: ) My flight today was LFML-LFLS ..I did one last night too, LFQQ - LFRD..both times got there OK. Carried out the descent ..well the FMS did, the second one was better and I left the controls alone!! When I got to both airports with the programmed approaches in (ILS in both cases) the aircraft didn't seem to pick up the glide slope...

I'm probably missing something obvious here, but do I override the system and use the the AP ILS..as one would without FMS? No big issue, just want to get it right...I'm finding it difficult 'flying' and not fiddling with things!! ;) Really enjoying it though. :)
Thanks
Ralph

about ILS approaches, in managed mode and an approach loaded, when the aircraft is near of 3000 ft above airport elevation, you must push the ILS button ot arm it and presse the APPR button (not "LOC" as the FSX default aircraft). LOC is only to track a VOR or for a VOR approach (that I am coding at this moement).

YOu must see on the FMA "LOC" and G/S in cyan color (system is armed), when the aircraft cross the ILS beam, the FMS toggle in LOC* in green color (LOCALIZEER captured) and G/S* in green color when the glide slope is captured.

Finally, they become LOC and G/S without the "*" when the Aircraft is guided by the ILS.

So respect the order :
- First ILS button
- second : APPR button

Check on the PFD ths magenta diamond symbol for the G/S

In ILS or LOC approach, you habn't to set the course. FMS do it for you.

If when you engage the APPR button , you see the vertical diamond under the middle maker, that's means that you have engage the ILS mode too late.

CSTR button for holdong pattern mst be pressed before reach the waypoint which have the hloding pattern. You know if hte active waypoint has an holding pattern, when his namme is following by a "*" on the lower left of the ND (or you have the information on the Statut âge of the lower ECAM.

When you do a holding pattern, you can disengage it, only when the aircraft has completed is first turn.

About Approach of the database, you must load it before rach the end of the STAR.

I work very hard , actually on the next version of the panel, that will have many,many new functions and bugs fixed. I hope opload i wenesday.

François

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

I hope post tomorrow the new panel with many new features.

The laslest one is the FPA mode :

Now, you can select à Flight path angle, and the verticale speed of the aircraft in ft/mn will be calculate to keep the descent path angle.

FMS calcucale the verticale speed according the ground speed of the aircraft.

V/S in feet/mn = Ground Speed * '((Angle in percent) * 100)
Angle in percent = TAN (angle in degrees)

You select the path in degrees, FMS do the job for you.

Now, you will can do all approaches that are are not in the database (but you must have the AIP charts to know the FPA of each approach).

This mode works in mid-reversions mode under FMS (Speed selected and laeral navigation, HDG or NAV managed).

This mode works without the FMS also.

Zamir

Post by Zamir »

fdd_fr wrote:Hi,

I hope post tomorrow the new panel with many new features.

The laslest one is the FPA mode :

Now, you can select à Flight path angle, and the verticale speed of the aircraft in ft/mn will be calculate to keep the descent path angle.

FMS calcucale the verticale speed according the ground speed of the aircraft.

V/S in feet/mn = Ground Speed * '((Angle in percent) * 100)
Angle in percent = TAN (angle in degrees)

You select the path in degrees, FMS do the job for you.

Now, you will can do all approaches that are are not in the database (but you must have the AIP charts to know the FPA of each approach).

This mode works in mid-reversions mode under FMS (Speed selected and laeral navigation, HDG or NAV managed).

This mode works without the FMS also.
Nice! This new feature will be useful for approach :D
May I know,is this latest pack using the A320 V2.1 Model ?

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

This panel uses V2 I think.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

Until today, all the database freenavdebgroup was stored on a friend website.

I have buy the domain and a host server.

Official Free Nav DB Group Website is open : FreeNav DB Group Website

This is the beginning of the construction, and It is in french for the moment. But english coming soon.

All the airports database file has been transfered.

it still many works to do , but the priority was the airport files was avalaible. Now I finish the panel, before improve the website.

Francois

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Hi Francois
Been away for a while...Looks like you've been very busy. :) Thanks for the advice on approaches in 'Managed Mode' ..will give it a go. Not been simming for a while so I'm looking forward to getting back to it. THe new additions to the panel look very helpful. Look forward to getting updates. Also visited the new Free Nav Group site...Did a DL of the planning XLS sheet... :/ Looks very complexed!!
Thanks for your work
Ralph

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I am near to finish to fix all the bugs of the new functions of the panel. Excuse me for the delay...

Can you try to go on the website if you have an english or german windows version, to know if the language translation works ?

thanks

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Hi Francois..
Just checked the site and it translated to English really quickly, no problems. Don't apologise for the delay...BTW..appreciate all you do.
Thanks
Ralph

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Panel 0.77 arrives in few hours (I do some test yet ).
A small video of a Go Around on a RNAV Approach, with the use of the FPA mode :

Go Around Video during a RNAV Approach at LFBZ in 2D panel mode

Set in full screen and select 1080p HD

I am not a king in video so, there are some duplicates moments, excuse me.

I have chaged the panel.cfg file and now, in 2D panel, the lower ECAM is displayed permanently.

With the panel 0.77,:

Autoland will works with or without FMS in ILS and LOC approaches
Go Around will works witth FMS in ILS, LOC and RNAV approaches and without FMS, only with ILS and LOC approaches.

You can see in this video, new readings on the FMA about RNAV approaches and the use of the FPA mode.

At th end of the go-around, the navigation of the aircraft would get automatically the first waypoint of the approach, but in this airport (LFBZ), the first waypoint of the approach is the Airport VOR, and in this case, whan the goaround is activated, the aircaft iss to close of the first waypoint of the approach and so this the reason why tha automatic re-init of the approach had not worked. I must set manually the active waypoint with the gauge. I will try to find a solution for this case.

I will upload Panel 0.77 in few hours (I do last tests ans find a solution about the goaround when the first waypoint of the approach is the airport VOR .

François

Steve

Post by Steve »

Can't wait to give this a ride!

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Steve,

I fought since 3 days with a big bug, but I think that I have find the solution. I do my last tests and I post the last panel in 8 or 10 hours.

Sorry for the delay.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Well, THE day has arrived: The beta panel 0.77 is ready. This is normally the last beta; The only thing to check and that there is no bug, but all the functions I wanted to put in this panel are now complete.

To download : Panel beta 0.77 CFM & IAE

News of Version 0.77 :
===================
- Because this version of the panel uses many new variables that are saved in the file " ... FMSdatasave.csv " your flights saved with previous versions of the panel will be completely incompatible ; So you must delete previous flights flights to avoid bug.
To prevent this from happening in the future , I booked in the new file format for data backup FMS , 20 pitches for possible additions variables (I think already the Boeing Version )

- Attention to the security question , now , the type of the aircraft is registered in the header in the backup file of the FMS , to avoid conflicts when you have several types of aircraft to be equipped with the FD -FMC . So the data stored FMS are only loaded if the backup flight you just loaded is the one that corresponds to the data backup FMS ( Security)

- Changing the 2D panel : I replaced the backup gauges , speed, altitude and attitude, by lower ECAM , which therefore is now visible by default 2D panel .

- At the request of many users : If you have saved your flight en route , the FMS has amended the Plan file flight in FSX by add all waypoints created by him. Out so far during landing , I always delete this flight plan file and all the backup files of the flight ( to avoid potential conflicts if you redo one day a flight with the same starting point and arrival ) .
Now , landing , all files are always deleted, but the FMS write the modified flight plan file by adding the extension ". FD- FMC_Backup " to avoid conflict, but allows you to keep the file flight plan created by FD -FMC , if you want to use with other aircraft ( it is sufficient at this time of the rename delete the file extension ". FD- FMC_Backup ." by cons , louise , the flight plan have only a list of waypoints without any information of airspeed or altitude etc. .... in short it is a vulgar kind FSX flight plan without any other data.

- The autoland only worked if a flight plan was loaded. now , it has 2 modes:

If a flight plan exists, the autoland and callout work based on the barometric altimeter (to avoid the problems associated with the use of mesh addon, buildings or relief near the threshold of the runway that may be in the end and which distorts the gauge of autoland ; care system imposes precisely set the altimeter during landing .

if there is no flight plan, the autoland and callout work now , but based on radar altimeter , as in the first version of the autoland ; in this case, the barometric altimeter setting is not important, but there may be problems with some airport when a mesh is used , or if there are obstacles or sudden chagement level or buildings near the threshold of the runway .

- The functions of backup flight plan and data files from FMS is disabled if there is no flight plan in progress.

- The checklist of higher ECAM can properly works only if a flight plan is used and if the FMS is enabled ( as related to the 14 phases of flight FMS).

- The callout eighty knots, rotate, V1, and V2, during takeoff , now work if the FMS is not enabled .

- In VOR mode, the display at the top right of the ND indicated yet that VOR1 some VOR is used now , it also displays the VOR 2: Selection Switches with 2 VOR

- GO -Around change : Now , it is mandatory to disable the A / THR to make a go- around. Go Around can be operated without FMS flight plan , if the ILS is enabled or landing LOC.
With FMS enabled, flight plan and approach loaded, Go Around works for ILS , LOC and RNAV approaches . In all cases , it starts to back up the plane, HDG mode,in the axis of the runway, then once it has reached a safe altitude calculated by the FMS , and a safe speed , then you have the same message on the FMA that when takeoff, " LVR CLB " flashes indicating you bring the throttle back. At this point , if an aproach was loaded, the FMS re- rocking NAV mode and will redirect to the first waypoint in the approach, with all the re- initialized data altitude and speed, in order to try again . If you did not have an approach loaded, the FMS remains HDG mode, the in runway axis , bearing his safe altitude and a speed of 200 IAS .

Attention in order to initiate the go-around , you should have turned off the A / THR be at least 100ft above the runway elevation and landing gear must be down .

- When GO AROUND , the FMA says " SRS in the 2nd column and GA TRK in the third column .

- The white frames mode changes the AP now works even if the FMS is off .

- Display on the FMA "LOC" when landing in LOC mode or tracking a VOR.

- New VOR and LOC mode : The LOC mode approaches provides lateral guidance with automatic settings on the radio fréquense LOCALIZER of the track, if it has an ILS. If this track has only a LOC or LOC frequency is included in the file that was loaded approach (see approach page, in the FMS, if the frequency rectangle is green and filled ) if not, you must manually enter the frequency of LOC in the NAV1 radio.

- Now , the minimum altitude for the last waypoint in an approach ( beyond the threshold runway, so the DH or MDA) is automatically injected into the "Decision Height" for ILS landings , the MDA (minimum decision altitude ) for landings LOC mode , VOR mode or RNAV mode .

- Thus in the case of an approach is loaded , the DH or MDA are adjustable yet,manually . By cons can be overridden by setting the FPA mode ( see below) .

- VOR Mode: When switching VOR mode ( button "LOC" like LOC approaches ) in flight (not approach ) (" LOC" button, the VOR radial is set automatically (no need use the " CRS " Knob that does not exist on an Airbus . theft VOR to VOR can be fully automatically , since every change of NAV1 frequency (when you swap NAV2 to NAV1 ) , the new VOR radial is automatically " injected into the AP (if the signal is valid of course) .

- The LOC mode for landing or VOR is active only pressing the "LOC" button Do not press the ILS or APPR button!

- In landing LOC signal LOCALIZER display on the PFD , and even the scale of the G / S if the localizer is an ILS. Showing the DME if the station is equipped.

- In LOC mode, think about spending in FPA mode and selected altitude , and set the value to 0 if you wish to make an autoland (FPA essential mode in this case)

- Added indication "LOC APP " or " APP VOR " and " RNAV APP " on the ND when one of these approaches is activated.

- Added messages corresponding FMA during a RNAV "FINAL " in vertical mode column " APP NAV " column in the horizontal mode column, and "FINAL APP " in Final, when the aircraft reaches the DH or MDA .

- The next airports files (and I will correct existing ) will reflect this new function for LOC approaches are (track without ILS) with automatic injection of the NAV1 Radio frequency and to properly inform DH and MDA.

- New FPA mode (Flight Path Angle) , which allows drop VOR , LOC or RNAV approach on a glide in degrees. To activate the FPA mode, click on the label V/S on the FCU screen, on the left of the altitufdde value , which will change in FPA label.

- The FPA mode does not lead " reversion mode" as the mode V / S at a LOC , VOR or RNAV Approach is to say that the other modes (ALT, NAV) which keep activated .

- The FPA mode enables precision approaches without ILS, if there is a good view of the PAPI or if you have the airport chart in the hand , indicating the descent and from whatever point .

- The FPA mode allows to change the rate of descent at any time during an approach.

- FPA mode can change the minimum altitude on the FCU via Selected mode, or when the last waypoint in the approach is crossed , you will see the orange LED next to disappear beyond altitude value specified , which in this time is the DH or MDA , so you can decrease altitude without having to toggle in selected altitude mode. This final action is essential if you want to do a autoland in LOC mode.

- The FPA mode can works only if the A/THR mode is "SPEED" mode, so book approaches .

- Added indication "ALT" army, when climb or descent mode V / S selected .

- Introduction of the consideration of the Cost Index values ​​in CLIMB SPEED IAS , IAS MACH CLIMB by the appearance of the ECON mode on page Climb and Cruise. All " ECON " value are related to Cost Index .

- Similarly, there is now an ECON mode for level flight .

- I recall that the cost index can have a value from 1 to 100 : the higher the value, the more you save fuel , but the flight time is longer, the value, the more we consume but less theft lasts .

- The STATUS page of the lower ECAM , right column , APU remained green , even cutting the APU generator or even APU : fixed bug

- There were sounds with previous panel between 2 flights, when you load a new flight (you heard alamrs ....) Now no sounds during a flight load.

- In the list of approaches that appear on the " Approach " page , the " navigation frequencies forced " for LOC approaches no longer appear to have a more readable display.

- Now , the descent speed mode when the approach is on the slope of 5.2% - 3, according to 95 % of airport approaches except if FPA method enabled , which allows you to adjust the glide degrees as you wish.

- in V/S mode , if you want to locate to this slope , it ' need the approach chart to know the altitude of the FAF) , the calculation is very simple: the vertical speed in ft / min is calculated as follows : GROUND SPEED IN KNOTS x SLOPE IN percent

- For information :
                              Slope in percent = Arctangent (slope in degrees)
                              Degrees slope = tangent (slope in percent)
                              Vertical speed in ft / min = ground speed x percent slope
But FPA mode is more accurate, beacause verticale speed is set feet by feet, accoring ground speed and angle chozen

- Security system ILS mode, which sets the V / S to a lower value, if the aircraft is below the beam during activation mode, and a V / S high if the aircraft is above the beam , all trying to capture the G / S if you do not activate the APPR mode at the right time .

- When you saved a flight in the initial climbof the aircraft ( under 10000ft ) and that they had reached an altitude constraint selects on the FCU , when reloading the flight, the ALTITUDE HOLD mode was not engaged : bug fixed.

- Added information throughout the climb : "SPEED SEL " or " MACH SEL " on the top left of the FMA in Speed ​​Mode managed , announcing the next speed recorded in the FMS for the next phase of flight .

- The indication of distance to go in NAV- GPS mode , bottom right ND, not put more up to date reloading a saved flight : fixed bug.

- TAWS ( terrain radar ) now works in PLN mode on the ND (I have slightly expanded the area covered by PLN mode)

Well, I probably forget a lot of things because I did not stop workong since 15 days.

If you have never installed the aircraft, I prepared a complete package (note: there is 350 MB !) That you can download by following this link: See the link below to access the download page for FreeNav DB Group and read the installation manual.

For updates engine sounds, sounds of the cockpit, or the database of airports, or texture of the VC, you will find everything on this page: Download page of the aircraft components of FreeNav DB Group website

You will also find the CFM and IAE Adam Murphy sounds, with the last settings for different sounds.

Finally, I remind you that when you save a flight, you should always name it "to ICAO to ICAO" and when you create your initial flight plan in FSX, it still needs to be "IFR" and especially never change the default name given by FSX flight plan file.

Please, can you tell me if my website is translate automatically in your language ?

Thanks

François

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

freenav group web site: unfortunately automatic translation to german does not work (WIN7 64bit, german) .
I am missing a language-translation-knob or so.

A first beta 0.77 check w/o FMC, but with AP, full ILS approach: Sound callouts and auto land works fine.
Very promising. Thanks, Francois for Your contribution.

The new night VC textures, which are shown in the pilot.virtuel.com forum are available where?

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

He hasn't completed his job. When he will finish, he will send to me the new textures.

François

georgegeo

Post by georgegeo »

Dear fdd_fr

From the time i start the engines until the the take off there is an annoying continuous sound ''hundred above bip bip bip'' (the ''bip'' is sound) I hope you got what i am saying! :D

Is there any issue with my FSX sound folder?

Thanks in advance
George :)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

georgegeo wrote:Dear fdd_fr

From the time i start the engines until the the take off there is an annoying continuous sound ''hundred above bip bip bip'' (the ''bip'' is sound) I hope you got what i am saying! :D

Thanks in advance
You have the "Call" push Button of your radio Nav1 engaged...

or

Fuel level in your tanks ?

There is an alarm if fuel level is to low in center of main left/right tanks.

If problem appears again, save your flight when you have this sound and send me by mail the "........PLN FMS dataSave.csv" file.

or open it with a text editor or ECXEL and post here the content.

François

georgegeo

Post by georgegeo »

fdd_fr wrote:
georgegeo wrote:Dear fdd_fr

Thanks in advance
You have the "Call" push Button of your radio Nav1 engaged...

or

Fuel level in your tanks ?

There is an alarm if fuel level is to low in center of main left/right tanks.

If problem appears again, save your flight when you have this sound and send me by mail the "........PLN FMS dataSave.csv" file.

or open it with a text editor or ECXEL and post here the content.

François

Thanks for the replay François.

One strange thing happened. In the morning when i tried to fly, this annoying continuous sound happened twice. Now i played again the same plane and airport without changing anything and it did not happened. Strange things.
But anyway if it happens again i will let you know.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Maybe a problem of the FSX Cache, when the panel version change.

2 minors bugs found in the 0.77 panel :

- If you load an approach, on ground , before takeoff, and you push the localizer button, if the frequency of your approach is the same that a ILS or LOC frequency near of your departure airport, that engage the FMS in appraoch mode. THe flight become impossible.

- IN my code, I have 2 instruction without conditional test, which run permanently, by creating key event; this phenomenon may prevent you use all the keyboard function that requires 2 key press (like open the Cargo or auxiliary dors, or to turn the push back). Depend of your PC power, because these 2 instructions send permanently key events.

I have already fix these 2 minor bugs.

Please, if you see over things, report to me. I will post a small "patch" today in the evening.

Have you try the FPA mode ?

Francois

georgegeo

Post by georgegeo »

I am wondering if i just copy this panel on the PA321, will it work properly?

Thanks,
George

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

No georgegeo.

It is not VAS FMC. This FMC works with the aircraft engines data and aircraft data (weight, center of gravity .....) to run the verticale navigation with constant climb thrust. This is the reason why VAS FMC cannot manage verticale navigation like a real FMC, because he hasn't aircraft performance data. It is only a "look like" FMC, but it hasn't the real management of the aircraft. It is a GPS with a look of a FMC. That's all.

This is the reason why it is impossible to have a FMC universal to simulate the real verticale navigation and my project is born with this idea : The look of the FMC has no importance for me; the only thing that is important is the functions.

So, FD-FMC will be adapted to A321 (and A318 and A319). I have just to change performance data.

But I need to complete it before adapt to other aircraft.

The more you help me to debug FD-FMC, the fastest you will have FD-FMC on the PA 321 andother aircrafts.

When it will be completed, I think that I have one or two weeks of work to adapt it on an other aircraft (to enter the engines data and dynamics aircraft data).

I have already do the job with the project PA330 and it works.

Help me to debug....

François

georgegeo

Post by georgegeo »

Oh ok i didn't knew all these you just said.. Sorry!

I will try to help you with that.

George

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi there,

one of my first short distance flight with FMC failed, because I was not able to put right commands into FMC.
Example: short hop with a distance from A to B = 60 nm. Cruising altitude 5000 ft = FL50.
FMC demanded in the "climb" window to define between FL120 up to 390. In the "cruise" window
it is impossible to put a lower value.
What is my fault? Please advise.
Note: Short hops are realistic as can be seen in southern Alaska, where short flights are normal (Alaskan Airlines with B737).

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Wulf,

An Airbus A320 is not the right aircraft to do trip of 60Nm ! Cessna 182 is better for this journey.

There is no airlines that use this aircraft for a short distance like this ( A SID is more longer than 60 Nm in the most case !)

In this case, don't use the FMC, because FL50 is just the end off the takeoff phase in the FMC.

To use FMC, your trip must be at least 150/180 Nm, and the minimum flight Level is FL 120. It is mandatory. Sorry, but it is a liner.

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

I publish a small patch for the panel 0.77 that become 0.77b; This is just some XML files to replace existing and fix some minors bugs :

You can get information and link to download here : https://translate.googleusercontent.com ... gHkcVMZ1rA

I hope that the english google translation is correct.

ATTENTION : You must have the 0.77 version to use this patch !

I have join in this small pack the .air file of each version, that I have protected in "read only", because, I am afraid that when you install a new aircraft livery that you replace by the original .air file. So the .air file used by FD-FMC is very specific and FD-FMC cannot works properly with the original .air file (which has a too linearity engine thrust )

I publish also a new set of night VC texture ,realized by Nicolas Lidy, from "pilote-virtuel.com" forum, for this project :

You can download this VC texture pack here : https://translate.google.fr/translate?h ... m%3D201405

Copy these files in the "Texture" folder of your aircraft.

Thanks

Please, report to me if you find bugs.

Now, I have decided formanny reason to stop the use of the Graham Mitchell AIRAC. FreeNav DB Group write now his own AIRAC and I must chack all existing airports of the database.

I write alose a new manual to create SQID/STAR and Approach , with the AIRAC freeNAv

And I write the final user manual of the aircraft. I Hope that Adrian Roebl will accept to finish the translation in english.

So, form today, there will be no update (even there are bugs discoverd) of the panel.

I prepare the final package.

François

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

The download link for the night texture in the webpage was wrong (ftp mode). I have fix it.

The link works now.

Sorry for the convenience.

Francois

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi there,
beta 0.77b:
- crono clock is working only in ND ILS- , VOR-, but not in NAV- , ARC- ,PLN- mode
- the master light switch is missing, see pic.
Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi wulf,

About the chrono, I have follow the offical Airbus FCOM data : Chrono is only for ILS and VOR ND mode.

About the light switch, I haven't this problem; But I have the Blue led VC texture. Have you this problem with the new Nicolas Lidy orange VC textures ?

Francois

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,
about chrono: thanks for the advise and aknowledged
Master light switch: I have made a mistake and it is now resolved.
Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Well !

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

I publish a hotfix fir the panel 0.77 (it include the 0.77b), which fix the following bugs :

What's new with Patch 0.77c
==================================
- Teardrop turn to the left, in approach procedure, didn't work in previous version : fixed
- when you chaged of flight level, in cruise for a hiigher level, and then you changed again down, before the aricraft reached the fisrt chage flight level, aircraft gone in descent permanently : fixed
- When you loaded a SID, and after you selected another SID and after you press the DEL SID button, FD-FMC tried to delete the data of the second SID selected and not the data of the SID loaded : fixed
- Same thing for the STARs
- after loaded A STAR, if you selected an approach, without load it, and after you deleted the STAR to load a new one, then the Appraoch page displayed the data of the previous approach selected of the OLD STAR deleted : fixed
- Now the aircraft is ready about the DH and MDA function, for the future database, which will be based on the Freenav AIRAC and not the F.Mitchell AIRAC.

You can download this patch here : Patch 0.77c for panel 0.77 or 0.77b

Fliptod

Post by Fliptod »

Did not respect selected altitude during OPCLIMB on departure. Was told to climb and maintain 7000, but she just kept on climbing.

EDIT: Lost my flight plan also and will not hold flight level. Kept fluctuating 500 ft above, then 500 feet below.

EDIT: I *think I lost my flightplan by selecting another FL. Which seems a bug in itself. I had chosen FL320 in FMS, but displays FL350. When advised by ATC to descend to proper altitude, I *selected FL320 and then noticed all the waypoints in my flightplan were missing.

ricardo404

Post by ricardo404 »

Beautiful observing FlipTod also step so that when I adjust the altitude in FMS an example:FL370 he does not remain in this altitude he still climbing to altitude from level flight that I want a thing should also allow configuring the altitude, speed, vertical-speed manually and not depending on the FMS i don't know if you have any cheap hotel that leave manually configure more not found

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Fliptod wrote:Did not respect selected altitude during OPCLIMB on departure. Was told to climb and maintain 7000, but she just kept on climbing.

EDIT: Lost my flight plan also and will not hold flight level. Kept fluctuating 500 ft above, then 500 feet below.

EDIT: I *think I lost my flightplan by selecting another FL. Which seems a bug in itself. I had chosen FL320 in FMS, but displays FL350. When advised by ATC to descend to proper altitude, I *selected FL320 and then noticed all the waypoints in my flightplan were missing.

Have you did a right click on the ALT knob ? Tio validate a selected altitude, you must do a right click.
Important : After take off, the the altitude selected must be above the acceleration altitude.

I don't undestand how you have lost your flight plan. Maybe an error in the airport data files.

When you have a proplem, save your flight; By save the flight, the FMS create its data backup file and send me by mail. This file called like your PLN flight plan file with the extension " FMS dataSave.csv" in your "My document"\flight simulator X files\" folder.

ricardo404 wrote:Beautiful observing FlipTod also step so that when I adjust the altitude in FMS an example:FL370 he does not remain in this altitude he still climbing to altitude from level flight that I want a thing should also allow configuring the altitude, speed, vertical-speed manually and not depending on the FMS i don't know if you have any cheap hotel that leave manually configure more not found
FL370 is a high flight level; your aircaft must be have a light weight, or select in second fight level, when the aircraft grossweight will be under 66000/67000 kgs.

Aircraft thust is now relistic, and you cannot climb at 2000 ft/mn to FL370 when it is heavy.

You can toggle the managed climb mode in basic mode : Right clight on the V/S knob, and you wiil can set the V/S; so in basic mode, A/THR toggle from THR CLB to SPEED mode to climb. That's called Reversion mode; in this case, A/THR adapt the thrust to maintain speed and vertical speed, but it is not realistic.

When you take an aircraft, do you hear the engines change of speed permanently ? no, because an aircrat climb always with a constant thrust.

Basic mode are not used in real life (exept during approach) . FSX given to you wrong practice.

And if your aircraft is heavy at takeoff, select à low first flight level (FL300 or FL320), and use the function of the second flight level according weight.

Edit : Check the exterior temperature while you climb ; FSX has a bug, often with Active Sky, where the ambiant temperature doesn't decrease with the altitude ; in this case, the engines thrust is distorted.

And when you have a prblem, save your flight and post here the content of the "your flight plan name.pln FMS dataSave.csv" file; You can open this file with notepad or excel; By see the content of this file, I will can tell you where is the problem. This is the blackbox of the aircraft

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

New patch for the panel 0.77;

This is the 0.77d : It is a cumulative patch which include the modification of the 0.77b and 0.77c.

You can download here : Patch 0.77d for panel 0.77 to 0.77c

The news :
- When you loaded a STAR and diplayed the approaches page, and deleted the STAR, the Approach page was not updated whe you laded a new STAR : Bug fixed.
- Sometimes, when the aircraft reached its flight level, aircraft will go down and up and doen't stabilize or it stop to climb some hundreth of feet before the below the flight level : bug fixed
- In cruise mode, when you changed the flight level by change the ALT knob value and pushed it, aircraft climbed or descended to your new flight level, but when it reached the new FL, FD-FMC didn't toggle in ALT CRZ mode : bug fixed
- In cruise mode, you coukd not change the flight level by change the FL value in the FMC : bug fixed (You must push the ALT Knob after changed the FL value in the FMC to validate th new FL)
- In cruise,when you changed cruise FL by change the ALT knob value in managed mode, the IAS/MACH calibration according the altitude didn't worked and if you climbed too high you could have overspeed : bug fixed; Now IAS/MAChvalue according alttitude is checked permannetly, even in cruise mode
- Now, in cruise, you can change of FL when you want, by change the FMC value or turn the ALT knob ; In all case, you must push the ALT knob to validate the new flight level. TOD is reseted and recomputed with the new flight level
- Some improvment of the tunroff circuit (lights and others) when you turn off the battery; it remains some bugs with this function.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,
now checked panel 0,77d:
The LOWI youtube video was very usefull to understand necessary FMC inputs. Thanks!

I made several flights with FMC, no probs during climb and cruise so far.
The TOD for descend is coming a little bit late to reach the ILS glideslope properly.
E.g. permanent tailwind during a long descend period makes the ILS intersection difficult/impossible.
I had to set manually the spoilers for a long period. Nevertheless at the end I had to make a go around,
which is good for training ;-). I guess ~5-10% earlierTOD would help, even if the aircraft will
probably stay a few miles on the std. intersection altitude "+3000 ft".
Is there an individual +/-TOD adjustment possible before?

Wulf

hvw

Post by hvw »

Hi,

Just a bit of an off-topic question. I am curious to know if the beta-FMC can be used already with Prepar3D v2.x? Did some of you already try that?

Kind regards,
Hans

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

wulfbindewald wrote:Hi Francois,
now checked panel 0,77d:
The LOWI youtube video was very usefull to understand necessary FMC inputs. Thanks!

I made several flights with FMC, no probs during climb and cruise so far.
The TOD for descend is coming a little bit late to reach the ILS glideslope properly.
E.g. permanent tailwind during a long descend period makes the ILS intersection difficult/impossible.
I had to set manually the spoilers for a long period. Nevertheless at the end I had to make a go around,
which is good for training ;-). I guess ~5-10% earlierTOD would help, even if the aircraft will
probably stay a few miles on the std. intersection altitude "+3000 ft".
Is there an individual +/-TOD adjustment possible before?

Wulf
I wulf,

Thanks for your feedback.

About the TOD, it is very difficult to find the right computation, because, many events can hold in consideration. (weight of the aircaft, direction and speed of the wind along the descent, air density....).

So, my calculation is very simple : I take the altitude difference between the actual cruise of the aircraft, and the altitude of the last STAR waypoint (or if no STAR loaded, I take 3000 feet over the airport destination).

And I calculate the necessary distance to lost this differential atitude with a averge angle of 5,2% (3°) . the aircraft begin to descent very high and the pitch decrease with altitude, but the distance is calculated with 5,2% of average angle.

In the most STAR, you have Holding patterns, which allow to lost altitude. Check the descent page to see where are these holding patterns (or when the next waypoint has an holding pattern, its name is follow by a "*" on the lower left of the ND).
Press the CSTR button to engage an holding pattern.

So, you can engage the descent before reach the TOD. You can do this when you are at less than 200 Nm of ht destination airport (like real AIRBUS function).

To engage the descent before the TOD, select an altitude lower than your actual cruising altitude and push the button. If you are in the 200Nm radius of the airport, that engage the descent processus. But I will check tonight if this is the right action to do that, because I have programmed this part of code several month ago, and maybe my memory is not perfect.

François.

hvw wrote:Hi,

Just a bit of an off-topic question. I am curious to know if the beta-FMC can be used already with Prepar3D v2.x? Did some of you already try that?

Kind regards,
Hans
Hello,

Yes, it is a good question, and I havn't P3D V2.x so I can't try. I know only that the aircraft works under P3D V1.4 because some users reports that to me.

If someone can test that, I am interested by the result.

François

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Hi Francois..
Happy to report that I've just completed my first flight (LFRK-LFLB) using the FMC (latest version) from take off using SID to approach and landing using STAR..Brilliant. One thing I've still not got right is the hold pattern using the CSTR...didn't seem to want to do it. Really enjoyed it.
Thanks for bringing this package to us. Appreciate it.
Best wishes
Ralph

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

you must arm the holding pattern before reach the waypoint that have it.

When you see in the lower left of the ND that the next waypoints name has a "*", push the CSTR button; It must lighting. the system is armed.

When the aircraft reaches the waypoint, the aircraft will become the holding pattern. It will turn until you disarm the CSTR button.

You cannot disarm the CSTR button in the first turn of an hollding pattern; Only in the opposite leg, opposite turn and return leg.

hvw

Post by hvw »

[/quote]
Hello,

Yes, it is a good question, and I havn't P3D V2.x so I can't try. I know only that the aircraft works under P3D V1.4 because some users reports that to me.

If someone can test that, I am interested by the result.

François[/quote]

Hi Francois,

I gave it a very small test under P3Dv2.2 and the aircraft was quite uncontrollable in both normal law and direct law. Also in plain VNAV/LNAV mode the aircraft didn't behave correctly. Just FYI, all aircraft in the A320 Family Mega Pack work perfectly under P3Dv2.x.

Will test further during this week and let you now my findings.

Hans

Steve

Post by Steve »

Mega pack? I'm interested in seeing if it works in the P3 also as I will be getting it soon.

hvw

Post by hvw »

Steve wrote:Mega pack? I'm interested in seeing if it works in the P3 also as I will be getting it soon.
Hi Steve,

Yes, I can confirm that the A320 mega pack family works perfectly in Prepar3D v2.2. I have been using it for 2 weeks now without any problem.

Hans

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

ifthe mega packs works with P3D V2, then my panel must be works. (all the XML code in FSX SP2 compliant)

The only thing to check is if LoggerX and XMLVars.dll are compatible wwith P3D V2 and if P3D V2 use the same procedure to declare externals Dll (by edi the file Dll.xml file which can have another name in P3D V2)

Thanks to confirm

François

hvw

Post by hvw »

fdd_fr wrote:ifthe mega packs works with P3D V2, then my panel must be works. (all the XML code in FSX SP2 compliant)

The only thing to check is if LoggerX and XMLVars.dll are compatible wwith P3D V2 and if P3D V2 use the same procedure to declare externals Dll (by edi the file Dll.xml file which can have another name in P3D V2)

Thanks to confirm

François
Hi Francois,

My first attempt, which I wrote about yesterday, was pilot's error. I did a short test today flying your panel without using the FMC and it worked OK while I only used HDG, SPEED and ALT hold. Tomorrow I will give it a short test using the FMC. So things look pretty OK in P3Dv2. Will report again tomorrow.

Hans

hvw

Post by hvw »

Hi Francois,

Just finished a short flight and I can confirm that your panel works well with Prepar3D v2.2. Will do some more testing with your panel in P3Dv2 later this week.

Hans