Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

fdd_fr

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by fdd_fr »

You can activate the V/S mode by pull the V/S Knob, but all other managed mode will toggle in selected, because this is the AIRBUS philosophy. Airbus call this system "reversion mode".

Philosophy of AIRBUS is :
- you use advanced mode (Managed mode)
or
- You use basic mode (selected and manual control of the AP).
in real life, you can't mix the 2 systems.

If you want use a basic mode like V/S, the others mode cannot be in managed mode; this like this in real life; So in this case, if you are in managed Speed mode, AP toggle in selected Speed, NAV mode toggle in HDG mode.

I don't understand the reason why AIRBUS work like this. I have respected this system, with ecxept for the NAV mode. When you engage the V/S mode, NAV toggle to HDG, but you can engage again NAV mode (in real life, you cannot). Same thing for the FPA mode, in the real life, you can't use it in managed mode, but I havn't respect this rule, because I find that is a big handicap.

I hope that will help you

please Note : FMC can tale in consideration change of altitude only if the change is higher than 500 feet (for climb or descent).

There is yet a small bug in the PFD redings, when you change of altitude : ALT * reading not appear between +/- 500 ft and you target altitude. I try to fix it.

François

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

The new beta panel (0.77K) is arrived !

You can download it here and read the news : Panel 0.77 version "K" CFM & IAE (XML files only ! )

This new version fix the following errors :

- Changing the value of altitude detection change during the managed descent or approach: before, the altitude difference should be at least 650 feet to engage a new descent step in FD-FMC; Now FD-FMC reacts once the new altitude value is at least 450 feet (some approaches have levels of 500 feet, explaining the reason for the change)
- Adapting the readings on the FMA, about this new threshold
- Fix minor bugs in the FD-FMC « memo-checlist » (Lower ECAM)
- I spent the frequency execution of the « Descent » and « Approach » gauges from 6 times per second to 4 times per second to avoid a bug that could occurs in a holding pattern if the FPS rate was very low or with slow computers.
- decrease execution cycle some gauges to give less work to the CPU
- Fix some minors small bugs

Freenav AIRAC file has been updated, because I have updated 2 new airports in version 4 (with lastest charts of july 2014) :

- LFBD Bordeaux Merignac France
- LFBO toulouse Blagnac France (The AIRBUS industrie city factory)

And download the new AIRAC file (08142014 version) and replace in your \addon scenery\scenery\ folder and delete the previous version.

Please read the information (by clicking on the information button, in the Airport page of FD-FMC) about the airports (LFBO) because some LFBO STAR require special procedures.

Now, the list of Airports in V4 (FreenNav AIRAC system) is :

All airports are complete (SID/STAR/APPRAOCHES)

AIRAC 08-14-2014

- CYQB QUEBEC CANADA
- CYUL MONTREAL CANADA
- CYYZ TORONTO CANADA
- DTTA TUNIS TUNISIA
- EBBR BRUSSELS BELGIUM
- EDDB BERLIN GERMANY FSX STOCK AIRPORT
- EDDB BERLIN GERMANY SPECIAL FREEWARE VERSION
- EDDF FRANKFURT GERMANY
- EDDF FRANKFURT GERMANY Aerosoft version
- EDDH HANBURG GERMANY
- EDDM MUNCHEN GERMANY
- EFHK HELSINKI FINLAND
- EGGL GUERNESEY UNITED KINGDOM
- EGJJ JERSEY UNITED KINGDOM
- EGLL LONDON Heathrow UNITED KINGDOM
- EHAM AMSTERDAM SCHIPHOL NETHERLANDS
- EIDW DUBLIN IRELAND
- EYVI VILNIUS LITHUANIA
- LIML MILANO Linate ITALIA
- LFBD BORDEAUX MERIGNAC FRANCE
- LFBO TOULOUSE BLAGNAC FRANCE
- LFPG PARIS CHARLES DE GAULLE FRANCE
- GCRR LANZAROTTE Canaria Islands SPAIN
- LSZB BELP BERN SWITZERLAND

Go to the Freenav Db Group Website to downlad Airports files and AIRAC file (Only the BGL file to fly)

Francois
Last edited by fdd_fr on 16 Aug 2014, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Thanks for the update, Francois.

panel 0,77K.Some confusion:
1. Where to put "FreenavAIRAC_08142014.xml"?
2. The folder "Airport complete Database V4 (for Freenav AIRAC) august 16" now contains
another airport folder format, e.g "CYQB" now "CYQB.zip".
I guess it doesn´t matter but is it necessary to exchange all the old airports into the new ones in the FD_FMC folder with the new zip files?

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

hello wulf,

FrenavAIRAC_08142014.xml is not required to fly. The XML file is just for people who create airports, to know waypoints that have been already created in the AIRAC, because you can read easily a XML file. If you don't plan to create an airport , don't download this file.

To fly, you need only the BGL version file, that you must place in the "Your FSX\Addon Scenery\Scenery\" folder. I you have a previous version of this AIRAC, you must delete it.
If you have the G.Mictchell AIRAC (3 files), you must delete it, because the 2 systems cannot run in the same time.

G.Mitchell AIRAC = Airports version 3.xx
FreenavAIRAC_XXXXXXXX.BGL file = Airports version 4.xx

If you use an Airport V3, with the Freenav AIRAC, or an Airport V4 with the G.Mitchell AIRAC, some waypoints will be not created when you will load a SID or a STAR.

Translate the Airports from V3 to V4 take many times, this is the reason why the work progress slowly, but the V4 version have no errors, and the Freenav AIRAC aloow to use FSX the flight plan manager.

Be patient.

Excuse me for the complete pack; When I zipped the pack, I zipped airports already in zip format. I have made this pack quickly this moorning,
I agree, it is not logical, and you must unzip in 2 times : unzip the complete pack, and after unzip each airport.

I will do a new pack tomorrow moorning, with airport folder not zipped in the pack archive.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience about this period of transition between the two systems. But the G.Mitchell AIRAC has too many errors and bugs, this is the reason why I translate all te airports.

I hope that my explanations are clear.

Regards.

Francois

Note : I search yet someone to translate from French to English the Airport creation user manual. Please, if someone can do that, this will be fantastic .

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

panel 0,77K: 1 peanut and a more complicated issue found.

- the peanut: the letters from the FL indicator and corresponding height are a bit different.

- the issue: FMC on, Descent and approach phase:
Descent phase up to a defined selected altitude, e.g. 9000 ft and in SPEED mode ..... o.k.
Then changed manually the altitude to 5600 ft (as an intermediate step to capture ILS in CYLW RWY16) and the A/C starts to descent
steep and the speed increases from 200 knots to 230 knots in a short time. I had to immediatly manually correct the descent ratio
FPA to realistic value -2,5°.
Why does not further descent continue "moderately" per a default value to avoid a steep descent after manual altitude correction?

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi wulf,

1. I believe that "FL" is minus that the number on a AIRBUS PFD; but I will check again and will correct if necessary.

2. In managed mode, FD_FMC use the descent default value of 5.2%, in approach phase, to have the right path angle for RNAV landing. The problem comes of the FSX A/THR when we are in SPEED mode : It has a time of reaction and it decrease the thrust to low; this is the reason why aircraft can accelerate in this case.

To avoid this phenomenon, this is important to set always the right flaps configuration, to have drag.

When you are at 200 Kts, you must be in FLAPS "2"; in this case, the aircraft In this case, the plane should not as accelerated too early in the descent at an altitude change.

during descent, set your flpas each threshold (the little symbol "=" orange color on the ASI) as soon as possible.

But Aircraft will accelerate always a little, for a moment, because FSX A/THR is not reagant.

François

hvw

Post by hvw »

Hello Francois,

Bad news! The FMC doesn't work in P3D v2.3 and FSUIPC 4.36. The flight plan is not being displayed and it is impossible to insert data into the FMC:(
I suspect that one or more hooks in FSUIPC don't work, perhaps you can contact Pete Dowson on this matter?

Hans

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I have FSUIPC 4.85 and no problem (but FSX, not P3D, and under WIndows XP).

Are you sure that the problem comes from FSUIPC ?

If you did a new installation of FSUIPC, maybe the FSUIPC updater delete all files that was in the "Modules" folder before install its new version; And think that LoggersX.dll, used by the FMC in located in the "Modules" folder. Check if LoggerX.dll has not been deleted.

LoggerX is the DLL that read data file of the FMC. Without LoggerX, FMC cannot work.

François

hvw

Post by hvw »

Francois,

No, I am not sure that the problem is caused by FSUIPC 4.36. The reported phenomenon only started with P3Dv2.3, previous versions of P3D didn't have this problem at all. It indeed might be the LoggerX.dll, as I installed P3Dv2.3 in another folder. WIll check later or tomorrow and inform you about my findings.

Hans

hvw

Post by hvw »

Hey Francois,

Yes, LoggerX is in the modules folder. To make sure, I refreshed it with a new copy. Still can't enter any numbers in the FMS. (Contrary to what I mentioned before, the flightplan is being displayed).

Hans

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Ok.

LoggerX is used by the FMC to read and write files.

If you cannot enter a number or a letter with the FMC's keyboard, this is XMLVars.dll that is used for this function.

Check if you have already XMLVars.dll in your main FSX folder and check if you have the right declaration of this DLL in the "DLL.xml" file.

Francois

hvw

Post by hvw »

Yes, XMLVars.dll was in the folder, however, it wasn't included in my dll.xml yet. After including it, it appeared that P3Dv2.3 doesn't like XMLVars.dll at all as it immediately aborts.
Unfortunately after many attempts I can't get xmlvars.dll to load successfully.

Hans

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I will send a message to Tom Aguilo, XMLVars.dll author's, to ask him if if know a known problem between XMLVars.dll and P3D V2.3.

In the full Aircraft pack 0.77, there is a subfolder of XMLLVARS 102, "called C++ Redistr". Try to run "vcredist_x64.exe" (if you have a 64bits OS) located in this folder, this is because XMLVars.dll is written in C++ and requires the Microsoft C++ library files.
Try this

If I have a response of Tom Aguilo, I will come back to you.

François

hvw

Post by hvw »

Hi Francois,

As suggested by you I reinstalled the C++ libraries, but unfortunately that didn't help. I'll be hearing from you when you heard from Tom Aguillo then.

Best,
Hans

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

What is the previous version of P3D that you used, and where all work fine ?

hvw

Post by hvw »

All previous versions (P3Dv2.2 and earlier) worked correctly. It's only with the latest version (2.3) that the discrepancies showed up.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello Hans,

I have a good news (I hope).

I have got the response of Tom Aguilo; He has wrote a new DLL, that include XMLVars.dll and other tools that I will may use.

This new DLL exists in 2 versions : one for FSX and one for P3D. Tom has confirmed to me that all the actual XML code that I use in FD-FMC is 100% compatible with this new DLL, so this DLL must works with the actual panel version.

You can download this new DLL here : http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/resources/

The P3D version name is XMLTools3D. delete XMLVars.dll of your FSX folder and replace it by XMLTools3D.dll

In your DLL.XML file, replace the actual section of XMLvars.dll by the following :
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>XMLTools3D</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>XMLTools3D.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>
And test....

Tom has tested this new tool with P3D 2.2. So He can't promise that it works with P3D v2.3. Hans, you are a beta tester for this version, if you accept :)

Please note to other members that this version is only for P3D, not for FSX.

There is a version for FSX called "XMLTools".

I will test this new DLL and I will look at these new functions.

Tom is writing a new version of his DLL, that will include LOGGERX; So if all is ok, the final version of FD-FMC will use only one DLL : XMLTools.

Installation will be more easy.

Edit : I have just installed XMLTools (FSX version) and all works fine with the panel. If other members can do the test, to know if this new DLL has a no effect on FPS .

Thank you for your feedback.

Francois

hvw

Post by hvw »

Hi Francois,

Thanks for getting back so swiftly. I have installed the new DLL and very briefly have given it a go. With this new DLL installed I can now enter values into the fields of the FMS. I unfortunately haven't had the time, yet, to do some test flights, will do so the coming days.
Thanks for inviting me as a beta tester for this version, but alas, I have to bow out here as I am quite occupied with some other projects that are consuming a lot, if not too much :) ), of my spare time.
As stated I of course will do some flights using the Airbus FMC in P3Dv2.3 and will let you know my findings, OK?

Best,
Hans

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

I have uploaded 6 new airports with an update of the Freenav Airac :

- EGCC – Manchester – United Kingdom
- ESSA – Stockholm Arlanda – Sweden
- LFBP – Pau Pyrenees – France
- LFBT – Tarbes Lourdes – France
- LFBZ – Biarritz Bayonne Anglet – France
- LOWI – Innsbruck – Austria

http://freenavdbgroup.com/?p=318

There is also a small patch, for the FMC ( one XML file), to improve glide slope capture when the aircraft is above the ILS beam.

This patch is required for LOWI, for ILS runway 26 landing.

Francois

hvw

Post by hvw »

Hello Francois,
Unfortunately I will have very little time or no time at all for the period to come to do some testing. However, I will try whenever possible in that period to do some Airbus FMC testing. Will keep you posted.

Best regards,
Hans

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

no problem Hans

We have all a real life :)

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

panel 0,77K plus small patch, 16.08.:
for training reason I made a trip form A-->B -->C -->D in one flight with only landing and start in B and C w/o engine shut down between.

A-->B with FMC ...ok

B-->C short hop full manually ...ok

C-->D loaded the new corresponding flightplan C-->D, FMC loaded&activated, AP, start....everything seems to be normal,
but the A/C did only capture the path, nothing else. I had to continue the flight with SPEED and ALT manage
mode and the callouts during aproach in D were confusing.

(Afterwards I repeated the flight C-->D with the flightplan and FMC separately ...ok).

Is it mandatory to always shut down and restart the engines before each flight when using FMC? What do I miss? Alternatives?

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

FMC works only with a single flight because it use the FSX GPS engine (with its hundreds of programming functions).

FSX GPS has 2 modes :
- Classic Flight plan (with a departure and arrival airport, that you create with the FSX flight plan organizer
- "Direct to" flight plan that you can create with the GPS, when you are already in the sim. But a "direct to" flight plan hasn't departure airport; The point of departure is the current location of your aircraft (just a latitude/longitude) and in this case, the most GPS variables are not used.

FMC cannot works with a "Direct to flight" plan, because there is no departure airport in the flight plan.

Other thing, FMC use many variables ( hundreds variables ). When you load your first flight, FMC has a routine to init these variables. For exemple, This is the reason why your callout doesn't work properly in your C-->D flight plan, because, the callout is based on the destination airport elevation, and this value is get when the aircraft is loaded the first time, during the init process If you change the flight in your current flight, FMC and GPS keep the elevation of the previous flight destination airport.

When the flight is completed, it is impossible to reset all variables, because FSX uses memmory cache. I had many difficulties to reset all variables between two flights ( because many variables was not reset, even when you qut your flight and launch a new flight plan with the FP organizer).

I have past several months to find the solution to reset these variables between 2 flights. All the code to reset FMC status between 2 flights is in the A320_FMS_init.xml file. You can look at the content of the file to see the code used.

So, for me, it is impossible to reset variables without quit the current flight; too difficult because i can't detect that the flight plan has changed). My knowledge in XML programming gauges is limited.

In conclusion, It is mandatory to quit your current flight to launch a new flight plan. I am sorry of this inconvenience, but I have no solution for the moment.

I hope that my explanations are clear, with my poor english..... :)

Francois

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

thanks for the explanation. Good to know, where the FMS/FMC limits are. No prob, I am happy again.

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello,

Today, four new airports updated in version 4, with many errors corrected and the first American airports:

- KASE - Aspen Pitkin Co / Sardy Colorado USA, an extremely high altitude difficult airport in the Rocky Mountains (final landing angles are important, see the information file in the FMC and the LOC is not in the runway axis ! ), a very pleasant airport for a good time! Compatible with Aerosoft scenery.

- KBOI - Boise-Gowen Field Air ended - Idaho USA. Warning, it lacks the ILS for runway 28R at the airport in FSX default. So I changed the AFCAD with ADE, and I join the pack files. See the "readme.txt" to install this AFCAD. Install this AFCAD for ILS 28R.

- KLAX - Los Angeles California USA: A huge airport with a bunch of SID and STAR

- LGAV - Athens Eleftherios Venizelos - Greece.

Attention consider downloading the new AIRAC file (version 09142014), which included waypoints for these four new airports.

Everything is on the website: http://freenavdbgroup.com/

I'm writing the manual for the airplane, and it's a bit long, but it comes ....

François

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

For your attention, Francois: The full pack database within the Free Nav DB group V4....zip file is still not downloadable, only each single airport (ICAO code).

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I repaired the link.

Can you confirm to me if all is OK ?

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

link ok, "FD_FMC airports pack V4 09142014.zip" directly loadable.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

5 new airports :

LIMF - Turino Caselle Italy, by Georges T
LEZL - Seville Spain, by Jean-pierre Varnier ! provided with a new AFCAD for ILS 09 that is missing in FSX stock airport (see readme file)
KLAS - Las Vegas Mc Carran USA Nevada
KPDX - Portland dans l'Oregon (mountains and fog ! compatible with FTX PNW)
PAKT - Ketchikan, USA Alaska, compatible with the fantastic FTX scenery

New AIRAC file (version 09192014)

I have uploaded a KMZ file for Google Earth, to see all airports completed

There is also the XML file version of the AIRAC for Airprot authors

All on the website FreenavDbGroup.com

Work in progress on Aircraft user manual ....

François

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

there was an error in the approach file of LIMF that I posted yesterday.

I have just upload the fixed version of LIMF (and also the full pack).

So, if you have downloaded LIMF until now, you must download the new version.

Sorry for the problem, but it is now fixed.

Francois

ricardo404

Post by ricardo404 »

Ola Francois everything well I only wanted to take os a doubt with you I'm venturing into to create a sid I'm starting now and first i'm mechendo in sid before moving on to the star iaf ...... so on and so forth I have read the manual that you had put in your kit for creation of airport siguir all steps ok when I finished to complete the spaces in excel you asks you save the csv file separated by commas and check the csv using or notepad or the notpad ++ more rather than to appear so the Commas appears point and commas looks at the example below of The SID_INDEX SID_data also this so I don't I will put him here because far and wide have some explicaçao for this or I did some mistake here and when I test the fmc project airbus fd appears everything embolado ;

Code: Select all

05;CALVO 1A;055;600;1000;2000;5000;5000;230;3;1;W;SB;SBVT;BUVIM;S20 10.21;W40 22.32;2;W;SB;SBVT;DAKIN;S20 00.24;W40 22.32;3;W;SB;SBVT;CALVO;S18 25.73;W39 00 75
05;GIDOD 1A;055;600;1000;2000;5000;5000;230;3;1;W;SB;SBVT;BUVIM;S20 10.21;W40 22.32;2;W;SB;SBVT;DADOX;S20 03.60;W40 03.46;3;W;SB;SBVT;GIDOD;S19 37.42;W40 01.95
05;KITKAT 1A;055;600;1000;2000;5000;5000;230;3;1;W;SB;SBVT;BUVIM;S20 10.21;W40 22.32;2;W;SB;SBVT;DADOX;S20 03.60;W40 03.46;3;W;SB;SBVT;KITKAT;S19 51.59;W39 32.40
05;LIVAM 1A;055;600;1000;2000;5000;5000;230;3;1;W;SB;SBVT;BUVIM;S20 10.21;W40 22.32;2;W;SB;SBVT;DADOX;S20 03.60;W40 03.46;3;W;SB;SBVT;LIVAM;S19 31.46;W39 19.46
05;MINIG 1A;055;600;1000;2000;5000;5000;230;3;1;W;SB;SBVT;BUVIM;S20 10.21;W40 22.32;2;W;SB;SBVT;DADOX;S20 03.60;W40 03.46;3;W;SB;SBVT;MINIG;S19 08.15;W39 05.92
05;NIKSU 1A;055;600;1000;2000;5000;5000;230;3;1;W;SB;SBVT;BUVIM;S20 10.21;W40 22.32;2;W;SB;SBVT;DAKIN;S20 00.24;W40 22.32;3;W;SB;SBVT;NIKSU;S19 55.49;W40 54.6123
05;NISNU 1A;055;600;1000;2000;5000;5000;230;3;1;W;SB;SBVT;BUVIM;S20 10.21;W40 22.32;2;W;SB;SBVT;DAKIN;S20 00.24;W40 22.32;3;W;SB;SBVT;NISNU;S19 37.09;W40 01.86
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
SID data - ICAO - nom de l'aéroport - ville - (état) - pays;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v4.00 - mois/année ## / #### ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Based on …..  AIP charts Month/year;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Requires FreenavAIRAC_mmjjaaaa  or update file : Go to http://freenavdbgroup.com;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
© votre nom - FreeNav DB Group;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Ricardo,

Excuse me for my delayed response (many works !)

This thread is for the Aircraft panel.

You must post all your question about the aiport data file creation ins this thread : viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2637&p=27261#p27261

So, you have two problems.

Your Windows version is like the french version : It use the ";" as list separator and the comma"," as decimal separator.

To do this, go to the Windows configuration panel, select ‘regional and language options settings ‘, then click
the Customise button, and select ‘.’ as the decimal symbol, and select ‘,’ as the column/list separator. Confirm
by clicking OK (was , and ; before). Henceforce, your Excel is universal, and compatible with the rest of the
world, especially the CSV format.
It is very important that your Windows setting is the ‘.’ As decimal separator, and the ‘,’ as column/list
separator, otherwise, you will cannot create valid .CSV file
!

After, when you add waypoint in you r excel form, there is 3 solutions.
- if the waypoint exists in FSX, you have just to write :
- type (N for NDB, V for VOR, W for waypoint, R for runway)
- The regional code (2 letters) :SB for Brazil LF for france,
- If the waypoint is a "terminal" waypoint (or owner waypoint), it appears in color blue in the FMC or in PLAN-G, you must write in the right columns the ICAO airport which the waypoint is linked (for exemple SBVT)
- If the waypoint is an "En Route" waypoint "magenta color) you havn't to fill this cell in this column : leave it blank ! without spaces !
- After the next column is the Ident of the waypoint (from to letters for a NDB to 5 letters for a waypoint)
- Leave blank the latitude and longitude columns (there are reserved for USER waypoints, waypoint that don't exist in FSX. Si below to how create USER waypoint

If the waypoint doesn't exists in FSX you must :
- Write the type "U"
- leave blank the "regional code" column and the ICAO "owner waypoint "column
- Write the ident
- Write the latitude and longitude in decimal format ! not in geographical format; you must use a geographical/decimal coordinates convertor (there are many convertor online on the web)

But now, with the Version 4 of the file, we have the possiblity to add to FSX the missing waypoints, that we add in an AIRAC file. After, when the missing waypoints are in this BGL file, you can write in the EXCEL file the waypoint like a >FSX waypoint, because they have been added to FSX.

When you have completed you EXCEL file, save it in XLS format (keep always the XLS format complete).

After, save each tab of the XLS file in CSV format, but before that, delete all the columns that are not use from the star of a waypoint block and delete the line of the title, and all the lines unused.

See the sample below, of the final CSV file of the SID_data of KMSO :

Code: Select all

11,MZULA3.FCA,114,300,1200,1200,13000,4,200,8,1,W,K1,KMSO,D155H,,,2,W,K1,,IPPUG,,,3,W,K1,,MEXUE,,,4,W,K1,,DMJYF,,,5,V,K1,,MSO,,,6,W,K1,,JESSY,,,7,W,K1,,CHARL,,,8,V,K1,,FCA,,
11,MZULA3.LKT,114,300,1200,1200,12000,0,0,5,1,W,K1,KMSO,D155H,,,2,W,K1,,IPPUG,,,3,W,K1,KMSO,VICTO,,,4,W,K1,KMSO,OCFOW,,,5,V,K1,,LKT,,
11,MZULA3.RIVAL,114,300,1200,1200,13000,5,210,7,1,W,K1,KMSO,D155H,,,2,W,K1,,IPPUG,,,3,W,K1,,MEXUE,,,4,W,K1,,DMJYF,,,5,V,K1,,MSO,,,6,N,K1,,INE,,,7,W,K1,,RIVAL,,
11,MZULA3.MLP,114,300,1200,1200,10000,4,200,7,1,W,K1,KMSO,D155H,,,2,W,K1,,IPPUG,,,3,W,K1,,MEXUE,,,4,W,K1,,DMJYF,,,5,V,K1,,MSO,,,6,W,K1,,ORONE,,,7,V,K1,,MLP,,
11,MZULA3.MSO,114,300,1200,1200,10000,4,200,5,1,W,K1,KMSO,D155H,,,2,W,K1,,IPPUG,,,3,W,K1,,MEXUE,,,4,W,K1,,DMJYF,,,5,V,K1,,MSO,,
11,GRZLY2.MSO,114,300,1200,1200,10000,5,190,6,1,W,K1,KMSO,D155H,,,2,W,K1,,IPPUG,,,3,W,K1,,MEXUE,,,4,W,K1,,DMJYF,,,5,W,K1,KMSO,STEVI,,,6,V,K1,,MSO,,
29,DIDLY3.FCA,294,300,1200,1200,13000,3,190,6,1,W,K1,,DIDLY,,,2,W,K1,KMSO,CFDBT,,,3,V,K1,,MSO,,,4,W,K1,,JESSY,,,5,W,K1,,CHARL,,,6,V,K1,,FCA,,
29,DIDLY3.MSO,294,300,1200,1200,10000,3,190,3,1,W,K1,,DIDLY,,,2,W,K1,KMSO,CFDBT,,,3,V,K1,,MSO,,
29,GRZLY2.MSO,294,300,1200,1200,10000,4,200,4,1,W,K1,,DIDLY,,,2,W,K1,KMSO,CFDBT,,,3,W,K1,,BEEPA,,,4,V,K1,,MSO,,
29,DIDLY3.LKT,294,300,1200,1200,12000,3,190,4,1,W,K1,,DIDLY,,,2,W,K1,KMSO,CFDBT,,,3,V,K1,,MSO,,,4,V,K1,,LKT,,
29,DIDLY3.RIVAL,294,300,1200,1200,13000,2,200,3,1,W,K1,,DIDLY,,,2,N,K1,,INE,,,3,W,K1,,RIVAL,,
29,DIDLY3.MLP,294,300,1200,1200,10000,0,0,3,1,W,K1,,DIDLY,,,2,W,K1,,ORONE,,,3,V,K1,,MLP,,
SID data  - KMSO - Missoula - USA Montana
v4.00 - 10/2014
Based on FAA AIP charts October 2014
Requires FreenavAIRAC_10032014  or update file : Go to http://freenavdbgroup.com
© Fred Cerven & Francois Dore - FreeNav DB Group 
Ricardo, I am near to finish the english version the new manual (V4) and the complete english creation pack tools file. Wait one or 2 weeks;

I am afraid that you use the manual V3, that use the Graham Mitchell AIRAC file, so now, with have our own AIRAC file and we create the missing waypoint ourself (all the tools will be in the pack).

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

For other users, I have just uploaded a update of the Aircraft panel : Panel beta 0.77N

This new panel is avalaible on the freenav website and it is complete (because all previous update was only XML files patch).

If you havn't the aircraft, you can download on the website the aircraft complete pack version beta 0.77 and you have just to update with this new panel 0.77N

All files can be downloaded by clicking on this link : FreenavDbGroup.com

I have added 5 new airports on the site :

- LFLS - Grenoble Isère (Saint-Geoirs) created by Jean-pierre78
- LFLX - Chateauroux Déols created by Jean-pierre78
- LFMP - Perpignan Rivesaltes created by Jean-pierre78
- LFMN - Nice Cote d'azur
- KMSO - Missoula International USA - Montana

And jean-Pierre did a update of LEZL - Sevilla - Spain in version 4.01

Caution : Approaches of runways 22 of LFMN and approaches runway 29 of KMSO are for confirmed pilots !! :D

Think to download and install the new AIRAC file (version 10032014); Place it in your \Addon Scenery\Scenery\ folder and delete the previous version

ricardo404

Post by ricardo404 »

I thank francois by response thank Francois by answer clear and well instructional I am completing again the xls and exchange the configuration as said above the windows ... excuse the evil English this Portuguese translators for English are not very precise in automobile showroom doubts I will be calling it the imiquimod of creation of airports :D :D

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Hi Francois,

0.77N version works nicely to me. I only had this issue. I started to descend with STAR path already put into FMC. Lately I decided to delete that STAR and input an other STAR path in FMC. As I did, FMC ordered to the aircraft to came back through the route. In other words the aircraft started to do a 180° turn and go back through the previous waypoints. I don't know if it's a bug, or just a my misunderstanding of how FMC code works. Thanks

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Prosdocimo,

This behavior is "normal".

When you have a STAR loaded, and that your next active waypoint in the flight plan is the first or an another waypoint of the STAR, when you delete the STAR, the active waypoint is deleted of the flight plan, so FSX don't know where it is ; In this case, the flight plan is automatically re-init to the first waypoint of your flight plan : "the departure airport"; this is the reason why your aircraft do a U-turn. You can see that on the FMC departure or arrival window, in the list of waypoint of the flight plan; you will see with the distance and color that the first segment of the flight plan became active.

To avoid this phenomenon, you can use the following tip :

- Before delete your STAR, toggle your Autopilot from "NAV" managed mode to selected mode "HDG", with your actual heading.
- delete your actual STAR
- Flight plan is re-init to the first waypoint, but like you are in HDG mode, aircraft doesn't change of trajectory
- load your new STAR
- go to the FMC "MAP" or "DEPARTURE" or "ARRIVAL" page. You have 2 small buttons "-" and "+" directly on the map. With this 2 buttons, you can forward or backward the active waypoint in the flight plan. Click on the "+" button until the first waypoint of your STAR becomes the active waypoint (check in the list of waypoint on the right of the window".
- When your active waypoint is the right, you can toggle your AP in managed mode "NAV" and the flight will continue.

Note : You can delete a STAR only if you havn't reached the TOD; If the descent has began, you can't delete a STAR without bugs.

Francois

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Ok thank you for your accurate explanation, all clear, have a good work!

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

I will post in 2 or 3 days the last beta version of the panel.

i have changed the Take-off ILS guidance function. Indeed, actually, this function is wrong, because It use the ILS of the take-off runway.
In real world, this function use the ILS of the inverse runway.

For exemple, if you take-off from the runway 07L, FD-FMC use actually the classic ILS function of this runway and the function is tunr off after the aricraft has reached 30 feet above the ground.

In the next panel, FD-FMC will use the ILS of the runway 25R when you take-off from the 07L (if exists), and will use the "backcourse" mode of the ILS guidance function; This is the real airbus function , that allow to have the guidance, after take-off.

The function can be actived by enter ILS frequency in the FD-FMC, and after will be engaged during roll on by pressing on the "LOC" pushbutton. Guidance become active when the aircraft reaches 80 knots and keep in function until the pilot disarms the LOC button.

This function is used only when ther is heavy fog and no wind.

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi

The end of the project is close. I wave written 80% of the aircraft user manual, but in french; So I search someone who can translate this aircraft user manual in english.

Please, I work very hard since 2 years on this project; Now the aircraft is ready and the FMC works perfectly, but I can't publish it because I havn't english translation of the user manual.

Please contact me, I nedd help :@

To day, I publish the last beata panel : 0.77o version.

This new version fix the followings bugs :

- The Take-off ILS guidance function is now to close reality; ie it uses ILS of the opposite runway to that which you take off in « Backcourse » mode. To activate it, you must engage the LOC button at the beginning of rolling; Activation is at 80 knots (callout announcement), and causes the automatic activation of the autopilot. The aircraft will be guided by the ILS beam as you will not disable the LOC button. Warning: This function should be used only if there is no wind (usually, it is used in fog) and must keep the aircraft well in line at the start of running, otherwise there is a risk yaw. when you leave the ground. So use with caution. Off course, indicate the ILS frequency of the opposite runway in the FD-FMC « TAKE-OFF » perforamance page !!
Added a security that prevents deleting the SID in use once the aircraft departed.
Fixed a syntax error in the XML code of the main FMC page could cause FSX crash
Changing the Display « Kg » page in the fuel area, as the « G » was truncated.
When doing multiple savegame during the same flight, the fuel used was flawed (the value stored self-cumulated for each backup): bug fixed.
Now, Saves the state of the hydraulic circuit when saving a flight (including the electric circuit, in the FD-FMC data save file.

You can download this new panel here : Panel 0.77o CFM & IAE

sknepper

Post by sknepper »

Thanks for the fantastic updates here Francois :). I think you have done an amazing job of getting everything working so realisticly. Thanks so much for your big efforts.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Thank you. The end of the projct is very close. Only this user manual to complete to write and translate.

And I repeat, I would like someone to help me to translate from French to english.

Martin Stewart help me to translate the SID/STAR manual and I can't ask him more job.

Please, some help for the final....... :)

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

I think you could release the project with the French manual and later upload the English version. I wish I could help you a lot with the manual translation, but I'm currently studying French and it is not perfect, although my English is very good. I could perhaps lend you my hand with parts that are not very complex in French.
Last edited by The320Pilot on 19 Nov 2014, 04:03, edited 1 time in total.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

Sean Kneppers offers to me his help for the job; A very great news !

François

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

4 new airports added today to the Freenav Database, all realized by Jean-pierre Varnier :

- EDDW - Bremen - Germany
- ENGM - Olso Gardermoen - Norway
- LFRS - Nantes Atlantique - France
- LFST - Strasbourg Entzheim - France

Many thanks to jean-pierre !

AIRAC file is updated to include these new airports(version 11192014)

Go to Freenav website : http://freenavdbgroup.com/?page_id=82

François

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

A small update of the panel in version 0.77p; You can download it here : http://freenavdbgroup.com/?p=430

Fix the following problem :
- Fixed a bug that prevented the capture of the Glide Slope if the aircraft was too much below or too much above the ILS beam (Necessary for PAKT airport)
- The term « TO » is replaced by « From » in the Display page of the STAR index page to indicate the direction that means « I come from … »
- « 0″ or « 1″ red display replaced with « Y » in green or « N » in red, in the STAR index page whether a STAR has approaches or not.
- New method to calculate the recommended flight level for flights of less than 400 Nm.

4 new airports are available also. (think to download the new AIRAC file)
- LFRQ
- LFTH
- MMMX
- PAJN

François

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,
for Your attention: The FD_FMC folder does not contain the (default) FMC_Path.ini file. For me not a problem as I use the old one, but new guys might be confused.

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

You are right, wulf.

I will correct this evening

Francois

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

There is a problem with bothe the English and French manuals of the FD-FMC A320. Points 1 through 4 appear correctly in the first page, but the 5th point is truncated at the top of the second page. Could you please fix it?

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

FD_FMC / Nov.2014 V4 for PAJN:
The STAR approach to PAJN RWY08 e.g. via SRR is shown as a single leg. All intermediate legs between SRR and PAJN are missing. Pls. check, if PAJN SIDs and STARs are ok. AIRAC update from 22.11.2014 implemented.

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

The320Pilot wrote:There is a problem with bothe the English and French manuals of the FD-FMC A320. Points 1 through 4 appear correctly in the first page, but the 5th point is truncated at the top of the second page. Could you please fix it?
The actual manual is provisional (provided with the beta 0.77). I am writing the final aircraft manual, but it is not completed. I think that it remains to me 3 or 4 weeks of works.

Sean Kneppers do the french to english translation. So, be patient; We works as quickly as possible to complete the manual.

wulfbindewald wrote:Hi Francois,

FD_FMC / Nov.2014 V4 for PAJN:
The STAR approach to PAJN RWY08 e.g. via SRR is shown as a single leg. All intermediate legs between SRR and PAJN are missing. Pls. check, if PAJN SIDs and STARs are ok. AIRAC update from 22.11.2014 implemented.

Wulf
Hi Wulf,

In real life, there is no STAR at PAJN. Arrivals are always by radar vectoring by the ATC.

When an american airport has STAR, they is always a "hole" between the end of the STAR and the begining of the approach. It is not simple to perform the data files.....We must found the logical....

For all other coountries, they is no problem, because STAR ending always by the IAF.

This is the case for many american airports. (same thing for KASE or PAKT ). So, I have created 4 basic STAR, according the approaches charts, which show the direction to arrvive on the IAF. American charts are difficult to decode and require some imagination.....

But I have no other solution that imagine these STAR, because FMC can't load an approach is there is no STAR.

You have some american airports which have no SID (KORD Chicago O'hare), because all departures are by ATC control. American airports are the most difficult to achieve.

I know that my system is not perfect and I try to be closest the reality, but nothing is perfect. In the case of PAJN, approach from the CGL transition requires to execute the holding pattern at LYNNS to have the right trajectory before final approach. This is the reason why I have created the informationText file that you can read via the "Arrival" page of the FMC, to get these important information that you can't guess if you havn't the charts in your hand.

About PAJN, a friend has found a "no offcial" approach to the runway 26, which is reserved to the Alask Airlines pilots. I will add this approach next weekend.